SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
FenStar wrote:Why is the second circle behind the black things, but the third circle is in front of the black things?

To mix things up- give the illusion of 3D. BTW, I messed with the design, so if you go up and look, it's GRUNGED!!! Plus I added a 2 to the top left of the design and changed the center element to a figure 8, so now it says, stay with me... 2008.

So we got F29 (the center element F with 28 black and the 29th red spoke), 2008.

Let me know if it's too 'tarded. Here's the 240 Comp:

darthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r

Please Vote!

SkekTek

The voting fairy is here!

This one's called The Gears of Leap Year. If Only I could have gotten Illustrator to do proper gears so I could add drop shadows... sigh.

Back to poor vote totals I go!!!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Gumiho wrote:Hello everyone. I've got two designs drafted up (which are both quite quite similar) but I can't seem to make my mind up on which one to go with. Does anyone have any feelings one way or another toward either of these images?
(The Rat, Dragon, and Monkey are all leap years in the Chinese Zodiac, although, technically, they don't do leap years but rather leap months.)

LEAP YEAR CIRCLE:

LEAP YEAR LINE:

These would be must buys for me. I don't think the dragon ruins the circle at all. I really like it!

Penny, very cute frog. Okay so if Penny is designing shirts now does that mean I have to find time to come back?

Someone needs to get me something other than photoshop to design shirts in, recommendations (that aren't too spendy)?

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226

I love leap year because it's one extra day of winter fun!

click on my awesome signature to check it out in all its glory!

SkekTek

KtCallista wrote:These would be must buys for me. I don't think the dragon ruins the circle at all. I really like it!

Penny, very cute frog. Okay so if Penny is designing shirts now does that mean I have to find time to come back?

Someone needs to get me something other than photoshop to design shirts in, recommendations (that aren't too spendy)?

I haven't used it much, but Inkscape is free...

Here's another. Is it cr*p?

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:I love leap year because it's one extra day of winter fun!

click on my awesome signature to check it out in all its glory!

This IS awesome! I'm gonna throw all the votes I have on it.

kenney9226

SkekTek wrote:This IS awesome! I'm gonna throw all the votes I have on it.

thanks, man, I'm tied with the Mayan boobies entry!

woo hoo!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

Hey, kenney, I voted for the pucker. It has two votes, so half your votes came from me!

everyone else, plz vote for the intermittent assassin. Every 4 years, he comes out of his usually locked door, and starts using up those 23hrs and 56 minutes of extra time.

KtCallista

SkekTek wrote:I haven't used it much, but Inkscape is free...

Here's another. Is it cr*p?

I don't like the Olive shirt color. . . pretty much the main reason I didn't buy Shan's shirt (sorry Shan) Orc has one shirt in that color, but isn't really wanting too many more. Just a thought. I think it looks neat other than that.

kenney9226

Josephus wrote:Hey, kenney, I voted for the pucker. It has two votes, so half your votes came from me!

everyone else, plz vote for the intermittent assassin. Every 4 years, he comes out of his usually locked door, and starts using up those 23hrs and 56 minutes of extra time.

Oh, Mr. Sephus, first thank you for your votes, I really appreciate them, and secondly, I like that secret assassin of yours, too!

And also I like the glow you always put inside the collars of your shirts there. It's really neat!

darthv8r

Great Pucker! I like the Kangaroo and scary guy too, but man that pucker!

kenney9226

darthv8r wrote:Great Pucker! I like the Kangaroo and scary guy too, but man that pucker!

You like it 'cuz he's wearing the long ski cap while streaking, don't you?

darthv8r

kenney9226 wrote:You like it 'cuz he's wearing the long ski cap while streaking, don't you?

and mittens!

SkekTek

KtCallista wrote:I don't like the Olive shirt color. . . pretty much the main reason I didn't buy Shan's shirt (sorry Shan) Orc has one shirt in that color, but isn't really wanting too many more. Just a thought. I think it looks neat other than that.

I'm actually thinking of scrapping it. I decided to work on the ears and "mane" a bit more, and after 30 minutes, the power went out in my building, trashing all the changes. Arrr...

So I think I'll just cheer on kenney and v8r this time round.

SkekTek

darthv8r wrote:and mittens!

Hey! The pucker stole Boots the Monkey's boots!

kenney9226

SkekTek wrote:Hey! The pucker stole Boots the Monkey's boots!

Are you accusing the Pucker of being Swiper's cousin?

I didn't think of the red boots that way. Another reason to want one, though, right?

Gumiho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
darthv8r wrote:Put both in, they are both great!
Skek, very cool design.
Shan congrats on the win last night!
kenney,.......hey..... what's up?

Maybe that's what I'll do. I'm heading out for the evening, so I'll work on them both tonight and submit in the morning.

Gumiho

KtCallista wrote:These would be must buys for me. I don't think the dragon ruins the circle at all. I really like it!

All right. The concensus is coming up that the dragon is just fine, so I might just leave him alone. I may do a bit more work though. I'll upload tomorrow morning. Thanks for your input.

SkekTek

Gumiho wrote:All right. The concensus is coming up that the dragon is just fine, so I might just leave him alone. I may do a bit more work though. I'll upload tomorrow morning. Thanks for your input.

Yeah, just let it ride. Good job!

Gumiho

SkekTek wrote:Yeah, just let it ride. Good job!

Thank you very much. I'm going to do just that.

SkekTek

Gumiho wrote:Thank you very much. I'm going to do just that.

My major debate is whether I submit my kangaroo karateka. There are several entries that appear to be firmly in the fog, so it might be a waste of a good animal design...

Gumiho

SkekTek wrote:My major debate is whether I submit my kangaroo karateka. There are several entries that appear to be firmly in the fog, so it might be a waste of a good animal design...

That's a hard decision. It is very cute. But I think we'll have a lot of the same stuff this time, so if you are particularly fond of that design, I personally think you should save it for a time when it can shine more. But that's just my opinion.

SkekTek

Gumiho wrote:That's a hard decision. It is very cute. But I think we'll have a lot of the same stuff this time, so if you are particularly fond of that design, I personally think you should save it for a time when it can shine more. But that's just my opinion.

Yeah, I'll probably work on it more over the week, then shelve it. Saves me from waiting 60 days for it to expire. Thanks for the feedback!

Gumiho

SkekTek wrote:Yeah, I'll probably work on it more over the week, then shelve it. Saves me from waiting 60 days for it to expire. Thanks for the feedback!

Shoot, anytime. Anytime, I'm happy to help. Thank you for your feedback.

KtCallista

SkekTek wrote:Yeah, I'll probably work on it more over the week, then shelve it. Saves me from waiting 60 days for it to expire. Thanks for the feedback!

My problem when I do that is I never finish them, and usually when I have the idea they are little more than a sketch. I do however think it will probably work well another time.

SkekTek

Just came up with a slogan. No idea what the image would be: "Leap Years- where presidential admistrations go to die" Or something indicating that the swan song of presidencies occurs in leap years.

darthv8r

Gumiho wrote:Hello everyone. I've got two designs drafted up (which are both quite quite similar) but I can't seem to make my mind up on which one to go with. Does anyone have any feelings one way or another toward either of these images?
(The Rat, Dragon, and Monkey are all leap years in the Chinese Zodiac, although, technically, they don't do leap years but rather leap months.)

LEAP YEAR CIRCLE:

LEAP YEAR LINE:

yep I have to say, the dragon works! I like em!

kenney9226

Can't stop the creativity this week!

At the risk of cannibalizing the "winter's bonus day" entry, I submit for your approval:

FLYING LEAP (YEAR) PUCKER!

THank you again for your consideration, and have a super evening.

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818

can anyone give me some ideas or feed back before i sub

Please check it out

SkekTek

Bryan818 wrote:can anyone give me some ideas or feed back before i sub

Love the placement and size! I can't think of anything to add...

Bryan818

SkekTek wrote:Love the placement and size! I can't think of anything to add...

you just saying that to be nice?

Please check it out

SkekTek

Bryan818 wrote:you just saying that to be nice?

No... I commented on the shirt.woot thread that I liked it. I was worried that if you shrunk it down it would lose some of the nice details, but it appears like that was not the case. Looks good, seriously! Post here when you submit it.

Bryan818

SkekTek wrote:No... I commented on the shirt.woot thread that I liked it. I was worried that if you shrunk it down it would lose some of the nice details, but it appears like that was not the case. Looks good, seriously! Post here when you submit it.

thanks i subbed!!!

i feel like i wanna do another version with some celebratory crazyness in the background

Please check it out

SkekTek

Bryan818 wrote:thanks i subbed!!!

i feel like i wanna do another version with some celebratory crazyness in the background

EDIT: +1, GMV

I'm currently working on a variant of the winter design. Full snow scene, with a guy in a lawn chair facing away from the viewer. Wearing a wool cap and there's a frozen beer on a small table next to him. Below it says "Relax- the extra day is yours"

Bryan818

SkekTek wrote:EDIT: +1, GMV

I'm currently working on a variant of the winter design. Full snow scene, with a guy in a lawn chair facing away from the viewer. Wearing a wool cap and there's a frozen beer on a small table next to him. Below it says "Relax- the extra day is yours"

thanks... sounds nice

ok now 3 votes down 700 to go

Please check it out

SkekTek

Bryan818 wrote:thanks... sounds nice

ok now 3 votes down 700 to go

I'm still sweating bullets to see if I scored second place on last week's contest tonight... EDIT: ^_^

Good luck.

KtCallista

Bryan818 wrote:can anyone give me some ideas or feed back before i sub

I like that it is a very clean design. Simple and well executed. Not sure if it has that stellar standout to lure in the crowds, but a nice clean design.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

Those poor Aztec Stonemasons- every four years, they had to add a day, and then the next year, take it out again. No wonder they ended up just splitting the difference on many of their Sun Stones.

About half hand traced, about half vector magic.
Please vote for my design- look at what a cool shirt it would make!

SkekTek

Josephus wrote:
Please vote for my design- look at what a cool shirt it would make!

That IS a cool shirt! gonna +2 that puppy.

Anyone think my gears shirt would be cooler if I added more gears behind the main face, made some mechanisms connecting them (especially the bottom of the 2), and resub it?