Gumiho


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
SkekTek wrote:I'm finding it harder than I remember doing it all in Illustrator. I'm about 30% done... erk.



This is going to be an extremely odd process for me. I'm working a mechanical image, so I'm blocking it in illustrator and shoop, printing and redrawing it by hand, then rescanning and retouching in shoop and illustrator.

Iambusyeating


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating
Gumiho wrote:This is going to be an extremely odd process for me. I'm working a mechanical image, so I'm blocking it in illustrator and shoop, printing and redrawing it by hand, then rescanning and retouching in shoop and illustrator.



Interesting process. I finished mine... it's awesome. In a bad way.

Gumiho


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
Iambusyeating wrote:Interesting process. I finished mine... it's awesome. In a bad way.



Ha! I can't wait to see it then. I think this derby is going to have an extremely vast range of drawing from the horribly intricate that won't print well, to the sassy person who just enters a box.

EDIT: I have to work like that, by the way, because when I tried to start from hand sketching, I discovered non-organic shapes fall apart in my hands.

krapposelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
Gumiho wrote:Ha! I can't wait to see it then. I think this derby is going to have an extremely vast range of drawing from the horribly intricate that won't print well, to the sassy person who just enters a box.

EDIT: I have to work like that, by the way, because when I tried to start from hand sketching, I discovered non-organic shapes fall apart in my hands.



Soooo... I should just delete the box I drew then? Darn, I thought I had a chance.

JoeDeeDee


quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee

How did kenney end up on probation?

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
JoeDeeDee wrote:How did kenney end up on probation?



kenney9227 wrote:I'm pretty sure he wrote something like "FIRST OBNOXIOUS POSTER" on today's wwwoundup page.

or something like that.

See you in 72 hours...


Gumiho


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
krapposelli wrote:Soooo... I should just delete the box I drew then? Darn, I thought I had a chance.



A BOX!? you say? That sounds so fresh! GMV.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Gumiho wrote:A BOX!? you say? That sounds so fresh! GMV.



Better not be square, that could be woot-related.

krapposelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
no1 wrote:Better not be square, that could be woot-related.



Never! It's more like a, uh, what's the geometric term... it's slanted...a trapezoid! Yeah, a trapezoid!

KtCallista


quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista

What shirt colors are you looking at? I am thinking pencil style sketch on ???

Would a white shirt get lost? Would cream be bland? I don't think my sketch will work as light tone on a dark shirt.
I am just wondering what your thoughts are.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

Gumiho


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
no1 wrote:Better not be square, that could be woot-related.



Perhaps a circle? No wait. That looks like an 'o'... like the 'o' in woot! How about a triangle or perhaps, if we're feeling fancy, a star.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
KtCallista wrote:What shirt colors are you looking at? I am thinking pencil style sketch on ???

Would a white shirt get lost? Would cream be bland? I don't think my sketch will work as light tone on a dark shirt.
I am just wondering what your thoughts are.



Peeps hates whitey.

I like light blue or heather for neutralness.

Gumiho


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
KtCallista wrote:What shirt colors are you looking at? I am thinking pencil style sketch on ???

Would a white shirt get lost? Would cream be bland? I don't think my sketch will work as light tone on a dark shirt.
I am just wondering what your thoughts are.



I personally, am not a big fan of light colors, so I'll probably going dark. Navy/black

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Gumiho wrote:I personally, am not a big fan of light colors, so I'll probably going dark. Navy/black



Might look weird for sketches with shading for shadows, like a highlight from underneath.

Gumiho


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
no1 wrote:Might look weird for sketches with shading for shadows, like a highlight from underneath.



That's a fair point. But if you think about the picture as simply being polarized, it doesn't come off as strange, I think. I'm terrible with coloring though, so what do I know?

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Gumiho wrote:That's a fair point. But if you think about the picture as simply being polarized, it doesn't come off as strange, I think. I'm terrible with coloring though, so what do I know?



Do you mean like a film negative? It might look stranger now that nobody (well, hardly anybody) uses film photography anymore.

I think it would depend on the sketch. A negative image just looks different, gives me a different feeling, than the positive version.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

I still need an idea for something to draw.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

I suck at ideas.

KtCallista


quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista
no1 wrote:Might look weird for sketches with shading for shadows, like a highlight from underneath.



I think it would be completely doable if you highlighted instead of shaded. Or you could just keep the whole thing very dark and use black as your pen color.

I think white would work best for my sketch, but I fear the hate from that color of tee. Oh well at least I have No1's vote.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
KtCallista wrote:I think it would be completely doable if you highlighted instead of shaded. Or you could just keep the whole thing very dark and use black as your pen color.

I think white would work best for my sketch, but I fear the hate from that color of tee. Oh well at least I have No1's vote.



No, Ms. Name has to submit her own!


krapposelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
no1 wrote:I still need an idea for something to draw.



A carrot on an orange shirt
A celery on a grass green shirt
A tomato on a red shirt
A banana on a yellow shirt
A potato on a brown shirt
A blueberry on a blue shirt


Okay, some of those aren't vegetables...

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
krapposelli wrote:A carrot on an orange shirt
A celery on a grass green shirt
A tomato on a red shirt
A banana on a yellow shirt
A potato on a brown shirt
A blueberry on a blue shirt


Okay, some of those aren't vegetables...


Veggies as veggies aren't enough. I need something more!

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

BTW, not that anyone's interested, but Mrs. 1 didn't like the whale/squid shirt.

krapposelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
no1 wrote:Veggies as veggies aren't enough. I need something more!



Well, you didn't say you need good ideas...

krapposelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
no1 wrote:Veggies as veggies aren't enough. I need something more!



Can you re-do your mad scientist into a line drawing?

darthv8r


quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

They killed kenney! Those bastads!

See you in 70 good friend!

Good luck this week everyone!

Gumiho


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho

Grr. I have to work tomorrow and won't be able to submit my design right away, which I fear might make it redundant looking. I wonder if I can get my boss to give me a break around 1 so I can submit...

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
krapposelli wrote:Can you re-do your mad scientist into a line drawing?



I'm not so sure he's that appealing.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

I'm spending waaaaay too much time illustratoring the roadrunner... I'll probably get kicked by something simple and cute...

Gumiho


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
SkekTek wrote:I'm spending waaaaay too much time illustratoring the roadrunner... I'll probably get kicked by something simple and cute...



All you can do is the best you can and hope. Simple and cute seems like it'll be critically boring this time around.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Pushing the vote... pushing the vote.... ayayayayayaaaaaa....

JoeDeeDee


quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee
SkekTek wrote:Pushing the vote... pushing the vote.... ayayayayayaaaaaa....



Me too, me too!



Art Class Figure Study, designed by my daughter

KtCallista


quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista

Going live soon, my sketch of Splinter

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

JoeDeeDee


quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee
KtCallista wrote:Going live soon, my sketch of Splinter



Cool!

KtCallista


quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista
JoeDeeDee wrote:Cool!



Thanks, I like your art study. Correction - your daughter's art study.

Orc was wondering when we were going to set our girls up with accounts so they can enter design contests, soon I assume.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

JoeDeeDee


quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee
KtCallista wrote:Thanks, I like your art study. Correction - your daughter's art study.

Orc was wondering when we were going to set our girls up with accounts so they can enter design contests, soon I assume.



Thanks! She did it a couple of years ago, and I've always wanted to find a good use for it.

I thought about setting up her own account like Josephus did for his daughter, but decided against it. I don't think she will be regularly submitting designs, and it's just another way for me to get confused about which account I'm posting under. But we'll see; I may change my mind.

Splinter looks great. I voted for it, but I have a hangup about rodents; not sure I could wear it, L O L!

dekonstruct


quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct

And now I'm back, from outer space:

KtCallista


quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista
JoeDeeDee wrote:Thanks! She did it a couple of years ago, and I've always wanted to find a good use for it.

I thought about setting up her own account like Josephus did for his daughter, but decided against it. I don't think she will be regularly submitting designs, and it's just another way for me to get confused about which account I'm posting under. But we'll see; I may change my mind.

Splinter looks great. I voted for it, but I have a hangup about rodents; not sure I could wear it, L O L!

I think it is great that the kids are designing some shirts. Mine aren't quite old enough, but I am sure an old version of photoshop will migrate to her computer eventually (I know that one of the first thing I programed in Basic was images).

I appreciate the vote, even if we will never find a rat in your house.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

JoeDeeDee


quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee
KtCallista wrote:(I know that one of the first thing I programed in Basic was images).



Me too! I wish I had a copy of those old images and programs I made when I was a kid. I really impressed my parents by programming a slideshow of my creations. (And now I make them slideshows of pictures of their grandchildren. I've come full circle!)

Gumiho


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho

Hey, everyone. Back from work and with my entry uploaded. Show some love if you too think Steampunk is not dead. Click the LQ image to see the entry!