SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

don't know if I'm gonna submit it, but i liked the look. took the cheap way out (self-portrait, live traced, and then colored various areas to give it that left-out-in-the-sun-too-long look).

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

edit: deleted . . . commented in a non-AZGman zone . . . sorry.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

SkekTek

AZGman wrote:edit: deleted . . . commented in a non-AZGman zone . . . sorry.

thought you were making the cross-over move...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 539 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

SkekTek wrote: thought you were making the cross-over move...

Az is a cross-poster???????

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

Oh, no, I've already plateaued!!!11!!one
If this design makes you thirsty, then you must vote! (Please )

SkekTek

Okay, here's my masterpiece. Seriously. Please vote!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
AZGman wrote:edit: deleted . . . commented in a non-AZGman zone . . . sorry.

Not sure if you'll come back, but you are more than welcome in my thread, not that I'm ever here mind you. . . and the thread was v8r's idea. . . but anyway, feel free to post!

Beware the V'owls screech!

EnveeApparel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EnveeApparel

Hello all!

I am new to the community and think its a great place. I love the derbies!

Please check out my shirt below in the current derby for summer! If you sail, know someone that has a boat or just like the ocean in general you will love my shirt. See the link below.

VOTE!

VOTE NOW!!!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

how about a vote for your inner griller?

Orcrist42

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Orcrist42

So, I need you guys to give me an honest opinion. I just got back from my short memorial weekend vacation, saw the Derby theme and decided to repost a shirt I designed back in the crazy days of Derby #2 - Heat. Then I noticed a similar design was in the hotness already. I originally got well over 100 votes for that design, but I have never had anything in the fog. Should I just let this other person have their day in the sun, or should I post mine and look like I ripped them off?

here's the original I did months ago.

edit: now while I was typing that I see it was Josephus's shirt.

Josephus

Orcrist42 wrote:So, I need you guys to give me an honest opinion. I just got back from my short memorial weekend vacation, saw the Derby theme and decided to repost a shirt I designed back in the crazy days of Derby #2 - Heat. Then I noticed a similar design was in the hotness already. I originally got well over 100 votes for that design, but I have never had anything in the fog. Should I just let this other person have their day in the sun, or should I post mine and look like I ripped them off?

Wow, Orc, I didn't remember that one at all. I did search pretty diligently for grilling ninjas outside of woot, on cafe press, etc, and wasn't able to find anything at all similar. Unfortunately, it's really hard to search for past woot shirt entries, so I did not do that. I have no clue HOW to do that. I also checked through the entries before posting my design, and felt like it was safely novel. I sure won't be annoyed when you post yours, though I can't really feel too guilty about inadvertently reprising something you did last August.

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee
Orcrist42 wrote:So, I need you guys to give me an honest opinion. I just got back from my short memorial weekend vacation, saw the Derby theme and decided to repost a shirt I designed back in the crazy days of Derby #2 - Heat. Then I noticed a similar design was in the hotness already. I originally got well over 100 votes for that design, but I have never had anything in the fog. Should I just let this other person have their day in the sun, or should I post mine and look like I ripped them off?

Resubmissons aren't allowed anymore, and judging from what happened to me in the last derby (rejected while in the top ten), someone is bound to tattle. So unless you change it enough to pass muster with the tattlers and rejectorator, you might want to reconsider.

SkekTek

Ummagumma.

Orcrist42

Josephus wrote:Wow, Orc, I didn't remember that one at all. I did search pretty diligently for grilling ninjas outside of woot, on cafe press, etc, and wasn't able to find anything at all similar. Unfortunately, it's really hard to search for past woot shirt entries, so I did not do that. I have no clue HOW to do that. I also checked through the entries before posting my design, and felt like it was safely novel. I sure won't be annoyed when you post yours, though I can't really feel too guilty about inadvertently reprising something you did last August.

Oh, I believe you. I'll take credit for seeding the idea in your subconscience though. I guess in the unlikely chance you win you'll owe me a shirt eh?

Orcrist42

JoeDeeDee wrote:Resubmissons aren't allowed anymore, and judging from what happened to me in the last derby (rejected while in the top ten), someone is bound to tattle. So unless you change it enough to pass muster with the tattlers and rejectorator, you might want to reconsider.

I must have missed that rule change. Yeah, I was going to redo it a little, and I doubt anyone would have remembered, but I don't think it is really worth the time now. Why did they outlaw resubmits?

Thanks JoeDeeDee!

SkekTek

Orcrist42 wrote:I must have missed that rule change. Yeah, I was going to redo it a little, and I doubt anyone would have remembered, but I don't think it is really worth the time now. Why did they outlaw resubmits?

Thanks JoeDeeDee!

I think because people were resubbing popular designs, which gave them a competitive advantage over new designs (both in time spent and level of detail that could be in there). Wasn't really a rule change, but a seldomly-enforced rule. I think woot got sick of seeing the same designs each week, and some designers were getting sick of seeing the top-tier designers resub their designs and win derbies. Either way, they're enforcing it now. Elements can be repeated, but not entire designs.

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee
Orcrist42 wrote:I must have missed that rule change. Yeah, I was going to redo it a little, and I doubt anyone would have remembered, but I don't think it is really worth the time now. Why did they outlaw resubmits?

Thanks JoeDeeDee!

I know I missed it...I would have re-done the shirt a different way if I had known. Here is where Joel announced the new rule, buried in one of the derby threads. And since there is no list of official rules, and since I don't read the derby threads anymore, it was easy to miss.

Do I sound bitter?

SkekTek

JoeDeeDee wrote:Do I sound bitter?

Naaaaaaahhh... especially since rejections always come from violating the rules and are permanent (like if you have it elsewhere or have the 240px not matching the 600px or use a character from TV/movies)... not that I'm bitter either...

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Thanks JoeDeeDee!

HI Orc!!!!!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Josephus

Orcrist42 wrote:Oh, I believe you. I'll take credit for seeding the idea in your subconscience though. I guess in the unlikely chance you win you'll owe me a shirt eh?

sure! you can have 3.

-it sure is easy to give away stuff that isn't going to happen, isn't it?

It's possible that you put that in my subconscious, but I think you're probably giving my subconscious a little too much credit. ;^)

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

An evening push for my two entries this week. I'd love any comments or criticisms as I know I still have a lot to learn about shirt design. Thanks!

Sweet tea, anyone?

Which flavor for you, kiddo?

Orcrist42

dontwantaname wrote:HI Orc!!!!!

Hi D'name!!!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Orcrist42 wrote:Hi D'name!!!!!

How you been?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Orcrist42

dontwantaname wrote:How you been?

Oh, busy with life, job hunting, and missing out on sleep cause of the littlest one. Haven't been on woot much that's for sure. I'll stop in PWA if you want to chat.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Orcrist42 wrote:Oh, busy with life, job hunting, and missing out on sleep cause of the littlest one. Haven't been on woot much that's for sure. I'll stop in PWA if you want to chat.

Nobody has been around, at least not for any length of time.
Maybe it is the change in the weather.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Orcrist42

dontwantaname wrote:Nobody has been around, at least not for any length of time.
Maybe it is the change in the weather.

I think it's all the wooters with small kids.

SkekTek

Orcrist42 wrote:I think it's all the wooters with small kids.

Could be generalized apathy too...

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
SkekTek wrote:Could be generalized apathy too...

Whatever.

SkekTek

no1 wrote:Whatever.

Yeah, and responding would take so much effort..

no1

SkekTek wrote:Yeah, and responding would take so much effort..

Mmm.

Josephus

no1 wrote:Mmm.

meh.

SkekTek

Josephus wrote:meh.

I quit...

TedTheodoreLogan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TedTheodoreLogan
SkekTek wrote:I quit...

wrong thread, dude!

Bill's mom is hot!!!

HiddenIdentity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HiddenIdentity

SkekTek

HiddenIdentity wrote:

Wow... nice...

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead

Don't vote for this. Or do. I don't really care.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

SkekTek

Schrobblehead wrote:Don't vote for this. Or do. I don't really care.

Already did. Sorry.

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226

EnveeApparel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EnveeApparel

You forgot to mention summer sailing by EnveeApparel! Dont forget to VOTE!

VOTE NOW!!!

no1

Blowing bubbles = Summertime Fun. The bubble ninja is the best there is at what he does, and what is does best is... very nice.

Thanks to JoeDeeDee for the idea. Any faults in this design are entirely my own and not hers.