KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
no1 wrote:

Blowing bubbles = Summertime Fun. The bubble ninja is the best there is at what he does, and what is does best is... very nice.

Thanks to JoeDeeDee for the idea. Any faults in this design are entirely my own and not hers.



I like it, Ninja's are good.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

I pushed. I didn't get the vote. I sad.

Schrobblehead


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
SkekTek wrote:I pushed. I didn't get the vote. I sad.



Stop it and be awesome instead.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
SkekTek wrote:I pushed. I didn't get the vote. I sad.



I never claimed this thread would get the win, just that you could, pimp, push, hock, beg, plead, steal, etc. for votes here! And if ya'all go back to post #1, you can see it's not limited to the derby. So . .. don't feel limited in your pathetic requests that people pretend they like you by voting for your contributions to web citizenry.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
KtCallista wrote:I never claimed this thread would get the win, just that you could, pimp, push, hock, beg, plead, steal, etc. for votes here! And if ya'all go back to post #1, you can see it's not limited to the derby. So . .. don't feel limited in your pathetic requests that people pretend they like you by voting for your contributions to web citizenry.



I was being silly...

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
SkekTek wrote:I was being silly...



and I wasn't. . . although with a good thesaurus. . . . ..

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
KtCallista wrote:and I wasn't. . . although with a good thesaurus. . . . ..



Don't get me wrong, I like votes for my designs, but I do them for myself first and foremost- it's an outlet I don't have in my job. Don't know if I'm gonna have a design early this week- tomorrow's crazy (kid stuff in AM and meetings in PM), but I usually get something done by Sunday...

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
SkekTek wrote:Don't get me wrong, I like votes for my designs, but I do them for myself first and foremost- it's an outlet I don't have in my job. Don't know if I'm gonna have a design early this week- tomorrow's crazy (kid stuff in AM and meetings in PM), but I usually get something done by Sunday...


Prof. Tek,

I have outlets. They make me all tingly when I stick my tongue in them.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
SkekTek wrote:Don't get me wrong, I like votes for my designs, but I do them for myself first and foremost- it's an outlet I don't have in my job. Don't know if I'm gonna have a design early this week- tomorrow's crazy (kid stuff in AM and meetings in PM), but I usually get something done by Sunday...



Things just don't settle down here. Orc and I have put the derby (and some weekends the contest) on temporary hiatus. Not that Joe or Shan EVER pick my chops, nope not a single comment from either of them. At least I can make JDD smile from time to time.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
KtCallista wrote:Things just don't settle down here. Orc and I have put the derby (and some weekends the contest) on temporary hiatus. Not that Joe or Shan EVER pick my chops, nope not a single comment from either of them. At least I can make JDD smile from time to time.



Ms. KtC,

Dr. J and Shan are big meanies. Ms. JDD is nicer, especially when she gives derby ideas.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
no1 wrote:Ms. KtC,

Dr. J and Shan are big meanies. Ms. JDD is nicer, especially when she gives derby ideas.



I think I better stay out of this, other than to say JDD has always been exceptionally nice to me a well.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
no1 wrote:Ms. KtC,

Dr. J and Shan are big meanies. Ms. JDD is nicer, especially when she gives derby ideas.



I entered two woot contests in a row. I'm on a roll! I really like my Jesus speaker idea this week.

Now, if Jodi would convince Woot to do a goldfish derby, I'd be all set.

Orcrist42


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Orcrist42
KtCallista wrote:I think I better stay out of this, other than to say JDD has always been exceptionally nice to me a well.



Yeah, lets make this the JDD is really nice thread (and she is).

kenney9226


quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226



Let’s celebrate the history of New Puckerton’s brief yet compelling history as it relates to it’s flag design. The red represents the primary pucker color, a color of hope and prosperity. Red embodies the pleasant spirit and ”can do” attitude of the plucky citizens of New Puckerton.

The blue represents the bold wide skies above the great nation of New Puckerton.

The yellow represents the color of New Puckerton’s primary export: cheese.

And the five red tassels across the bottom represent the blood that was metaphorically shed during the brief, furious, but ultimately successful annexation of the neighboring country of Gloomeria in the winter of early 2008, known as ”the Five Day Annexation.”

The flag of New Puckerton is unlike many flags in that it is flown horizontally from a boom. The flag hangs from five blue tabs, representing the five distinct yet equally beautiful regions of the country: the Piedmont, the Plains, the Peaks, the wilderness area of Podunk, and the wetland marshes known as the Puddles.

Wear this shirt with pride, and although you may not be a New Puckertonian by birth, this small but great nation welcomes you with open arms and a big kiss on the cheek.

Thank you for your consideration, and have an awesome weekend!

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Vote for Kenney's design this week! Mine just isn't worthy.

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
SkekTek wrote:Vote for Kenney's design this week! Mine just isn't worthy.



Or you could vote for The Pica Republic...



I've never posted in here before. I can has extra love plz!

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

banananosedstooge


quality posts: 0 Private Messages banananosedstooge
SkekTek wrote:Vote for Kennyy's design this week! Mine just isn't worthy.


bonk.

snassiri


quality posts: 0 Private Messages snassiri

Trying to pimp some love for the Yeti culture here. Anyone like Yetis?

Click the link to see the history of the Yetis and to vote on their emblem!


SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
banananosedstooge wrote:bonk.



Ow! Thanks. I needed that.

sparklzk27


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparklzk27

Here is my entry for this week, vote if you like it!

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
sparklzk27 wrote:Here is my entry for this week, vote if you like it!



Wow.. nice gnomes

zea3


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
SkekTek wrote:Wow.. nice gnomes


Hi, just passing through. All y'all's stuff looks good this week!

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus



mmm. bacon!

Failoan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Failoan

Angel's Egg


Thanks

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Hey Josephus, is Baconia near Wafflesia?



Please vote!

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
SkekTek wrote:Hey Josephus, is Baconia near Wafflesia?



Please vote!



Right next door! Amongst the Sunny Side and Scrambled Isles.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Josephus wrote:Right next door! Amongst the Sunny Side and Scrambled Isles.



It's so funny that we submitted these so close to each other! It was a bit scary that I spent almost an hour staring at an EGGO waffle though...

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
SkekTek wrote:It's so funny that we submitted these so close to each other! It was a bit scary that I spent almost an hour staring at an EGGO waffle though...



and I stared at a skillet hanging in our kitchen.

we must have looked like idiots!

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Josephus wrote:and I stared at a skillet hanging in our kitchen.

we must have looked like idiots!



Let's hope it pays off in votes...

Off to bed I go.

JoeDeeDee


quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee

Orcrist42, KtCallista, and no1 wrote:

Very nice stuff



Gosh, I don't check woot for a couple of days, and look what happens! I think I'm blushing. Thank you all for your very nice comments. I try my best to be a friendly woot citizen.

JoeDeeDee


quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee
SkekTek wrote:
Now, if Jodi would convince Woot to do a goldfish derby, I'd be all set.



Sorry Skek, apparently the only influence I have is over no1. Not that that couldn't come in handy, mind you, but my power over shirt.woot seems to be even weaker than my power over regular woot. I think I will try to use the power of my mind to improve the contest themes.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
JoeDeeDee wrote:Sorry Skek, apparently the only influence I have is over no1. Not that that couldn't come in handy, mind you, but my power over shirt.woot seems to be even weaker than my power over regular woot. I think I will try to use the power of my mind to improve the contest themes.



Ah, it was a joke. I'm very frustrated with not being able to draw like normal. It darn near killed me with the fro design, so I went cheap and did a design based on my kid's Eggos that was just cutting out grunge and splatters from preexsting elements (knife/fork) and the eggo.

If we did a fishie derby, I at least have lots of elements saved on the computer I wouldn't have to draw

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus



We all live here, after all. recliners, beer, TV sports; Beerica.

Please vote- it's easy.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

I updated the frotopia design (see below). If you want, feel free to pull your votes from V1 in lieu of V2 if ya wish. Or. ignore both versions. Either way, I'm happier with the redo.

Orcrist42


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Orcrist42

I voted. Good luck everyone.

lunchboxbrain


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunchboxbrain

Thanks for your vote/comment!

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

You like gas mask? How about wilty laurel leaves?



On cranberry.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Someone needs to do a sheep jamming on a guitar on a little rock jutting out of the ocean.

The country? Ewe Rock.

kenney9226


quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226

"Nothing Atoll." If I had real skillz, I'd draw Nothing Atoll.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
kenney9226 wrote:"Nothing Atoll." If I had real skillz, I'd draw Nothing Atoll.



You don't need skills for that, just submit a white t-shirt.