Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

I know it isn't cartoony, but I thought this was cool- worth pursuing, or not? black or royal blue?

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Josephus wrote:I know it isn't cartoony, but I thought this was cool- worth pursuing, or not? black or royal blue?

I like the black, but I almost always like black. Orc likes them both, but he thinks if you did the blue shirt you should see what it looks like if you invert the colors so that the jelly fish is a lighter color.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Josephus

KtCallista wrote:I like the black, but I almost always like black. Orc likes them both, but he thinks if you did the blue shirt you should see what it looks like if you invert the colors so that the jelly fish is a lighter color.

I tried that before, but it was not a good idea. ;^)

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Josephus wrote:I tried that before, but it was not a good idea. ;^)

I'll let him know.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Josephus wrote:I tried that before, but it was not a good idea. ;^)

You might get a "we did a jellyfish on a halftone background" from woot though... I got the previous one.

SkekTek

KtCallista wrote:I bumped it with my one vote, for what it's worth. Good luck! Love the eyes on the "predator".

Thanks! It's kinda slipped out of the hotness and into that place where designs from 15-40 live... Hope for a HM though!

Josephus

SkekTek wrote:You might get a "we did a jellyfish on a halftone background" from woot though... I got the previous one.

which one? I don't remember it?

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
Josephus wrote:I know it isn't cartoony, but I thought this was cool- worth pursuing, or not? black or royal blue?

I really like it. I feel like it's a bit generic, but still looks really good. Your artistic talents are growing (and I like it on blue)

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

Josephus

Schrobblehead wrote:I really like it. I feel like it's a bit generic, but still looks really good. Your artistic talents are growing (and I like it on blue)

I think I am much better at realism than at cartoony. thanks for liking it, though as far as improving my technique, it came directly out of my raindrop ocean design from about the middle of last November.

Josephus

Josephus wrote:which one? I don't remember it?

June 10th

too similar?

Schrobblehead

Josephus wrote:I think I am much better at realism than at cartoony. thanks for liking it, though as far as improving my technique, it came directly out of my raindrop ocean design from about the middle of last November.

well then, I guess you aren't improving!

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

SkekTek

Submit as derby entry, or submit as daily suggestion? It would be for St. Pat's day...

KartuneHustla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KartuneHustla

What do you guys think of this shirt? I'll probably end up making another shirt for this comp, but i dont know haha. You can click the picture to go to the voting page:

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24

Dragon of the Sea

Josephus

submitted. Harp seals love volleyball.

SkekTek

Blah. So much for top 20... my design is stalling bigtime.

kenney9226

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226

Come and see the show!!

SkekTek

I hate Macs.

Mine has been NOTHING but trouble making this design.

Comments please... I have NOT submitted it yet

Josephus

SkekTek wrote:I hate Macs.

I don't like his frown. otherwise, it's fine.

there are several similar designs, though.

SkekTek

Josephus wrote:I don't like his frown. otherwise, it's fine.

there are several similar designs, though.

I'll work on it.

So, people did the flea circus? Unfortunate. But I really don't care actually... I'll submit it anyway.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:I hate Macs.

Yellow? I hate yellow shirts.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Josephus

gosh, I hope you like asphalt...

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:Yellow? I hate yellow shirts.

Well, it was that or cream or light blue.

Don't worry. I'm not exactly pleased with the results of the design, so it's likely I may just decide to delete the whole thing. It's contrived, and doesn't look very good. Bleah. SOOOO glad I wasted 3 hours fighting with a MacBook on it.

Josephus

anyone willing to vote for mine?

+

SkekTek

Jos, that's seriously creepy...

Josephus

SkekTek wrote:Jos, that's seriously creepy...

excellent.

Tantor always shakes before going into the big tent. He will never forget the night those clowns, the awful, horrible clowns, the night they gave him the bag of peanuts, so innocent-looking! and then, and then...there must have been nearly a hundred mice spilling out and over the top of the peanuts bag. The horror, gah.

He trumpets. He stomps the picture of the clowns as he gets to the opening. He goes inside and rides the little bike.

another day, another bag of oats.

SkekTek

Okay, I got another idea. Ranks an 11 on the cute scale. Involves goldfish. Maybe I'll get time tonight to get it done.

And a third idea involving shooting a shark out of a cannon into a tentacled mass of jellyfish.

Josephus

SkekTek wrote:Okay, I got another idea. Ranks an 11 on the cute scale. Involves goldfish. Maybe I'll get time tonight to get it done.

And a third idea involving shooting a shark out of a cannon into a tentacled mass of jellyfish.

I got nuthin now. creepy clowns, mayhap.

SkekTek

Josephus wrote:I got nuthin now. creepy clowns, mayhap.

How about disembowled clowns. And lions walking away...

Schrobblehead

SkekTek wrote:How about disembowled clowns. And lions walking away...

I would like to see that.

SkekTek

Schrobblehead wrote:I would like to see that.

I would predict it would get rejected in record time though... well, off to pick up the in-slaws at the airport.

Josephus

SkekTek wrote:I would predict it would get rejected in record time though... well, off to pick up the in-slaws at the airport.

mmm.hmmm

SkekTek

Here's my design. For the love of all that's gold and slimey, gimme some voting love?

Josephus

SkekTek wrote:Here's my design. For the love of all that's gold and slimey, gimme some voting love?

It's really good, skek, and I voted. you submitted it at possibly the worst time possible. If you end up resubmitting later, I'd make the other fish look disgusted, with their mouths twisted up, maybe rolling their eyes a little. might even have a little one with big shining awed eyes.

SkekTek

Josephus wrote:It's really good, skek, and I voted. you submitted it at possibly the worst time possible. If you end up resubmitting later, I'd make the other fish look disgusted, with their mouths twisted up, maybe rolling their eyes a little. might even have a little one with big shining awed eyes.

I am kinda surprised it's tanking... Ill give it another few hours and maybe do V2 since I got gentried.

Josephus

SkekTek wrote:I am kinda surprised it's tanking... Ill give it another few hours and maybe do V2 since I got gentried.

what's 'gentried'?

SkekTek

Josephus wrote:what's 'gentried'?

When a major designer posts an artistic marvel about 5 designs after yours. As a result, nobody goes any further and you don't get a single vote later.

Josephus

SkekTek wrote:When a major designer posts an artistic marvel about 5 designs after yours. As a result, nobody goes any further and you don't get a single vote later.

oh, that.

it's a bad thing. happened to me more than once. more than 10 times.

though, most of y'all are major designers compared to me.

I'm just glorying in being a serious artist for once. what a surprise!

SkekTek

Josephus wrote:oh, that.

it's a bad thing. happened to me more than once. more than 10 times.

though, most of y'all are major designers compared to me.

I'm just glorying in being a serious artist for once. what a surprise!

I'm starting to feel like kenney. It's more fun to do my meme even if I don't win. I just can't cowtow to the voters.

V2 will have better fish (shading will not be so creepy), and I think a small goldie with a balloon animal on a string might be a good thing too. should I try to add some random background to make it less like fish on a blank shirt too?

Josephus

SkekTek wrote:I'm starting to feel like kenney. It's more fun to do my meme even if I don't win. I just can't cowtow to the voters.

V2 will have better fish (shading will not be so creepy), and I think a small goldie with a balloon animal on a string might be a good thing too. should I try to add some random background to make it less like fish on a blank shirt too?

yeah, like that castle silhouette you used in the last derby.