+ Add a Comment

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire

Looks like I was wrong about not being able to hook a moon in with nutrition:

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
princessproton wrote:I'm pretty happy with the fog at this point, especially since this theme isn't particularly inspiring IMHO. Love the scurvy design, the blob, and the cheese meter. The only one I wish were in there is this one:

I love the style and I think the idea is great. Vote it up, people!!

I too am very happy with the fog right now. This is the first derby since I bought a woot where I've voted for items in the fog. I just hope blobby and cheesemeter can keep up steam

AdderXYU

^^ The design makes it incredibly hard to grasp the "joke" without the title on your entry.

On another note, has anyone else noticed a whole lot of baby blue? I was drawn to it this derby, and it seems a lot of people were as well

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
AdderXYU wrote:^^ The design makes it incredibly hard to grasp the "joke" without the title on your entry.

On another note, has anyone else noticed a whole lot of baby blue? I was drawn to it this derby, and it seems a lot of people were as well

I'm noticing a lot of baby blue and yellow. Must be something about the nutrition theme. Funny!

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
AdderXYU wrote:^^ The design makes it incredibly hard to grasp the "joke" without the title on your entry.

Hmm, ok I'll edit, thanks!

And it's funny you say that as I almost went with baby blue...

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

welcmbak42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages welcmbak42
edgarrmcherly wrote:Yes! I thought the same thing when I first saw it. It's clear. If the clown was the same color as the cannibals, then perhaps it might not as racist. But regardless, it is either way stereotyping cannibals as islanders. I've been to Hawaii. No one ate me. Instead, my home state of Wisconsin also happens to be the home of one Jeffrey Dahmer.
I think woot should reject it at the first swing of the rejection hammer.

It;s a shame--it could have been avoided, and would have been a pretty nice shirt

fackoph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fackoph

Here's my styling for this week...

princessproton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages princessproton
fairnymph wrote:Okay, finally completed my submission, hopefully early enough to have some sort of a shot, any feedback highly appreciated!

Funny idea, especially in light of the quarrel in the forum at the end of the last derby, but unless "Jizz" has a meaning I'm not familiar with, that will probably get it rejectorated.

USE YOUR BRAIN. There are zombies that go without.

namgorf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages namgorf

This is my first entry, thanks.

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=4776

fairnymph

princessproton wrote:Funny idea, especially in light of the quarrel in the forum at the end of the last derby, but unless "Jizz" has a meaning I'm not familiar with, that will probably get it rejectorated.

Yeah I am fearing rejection...but thanks!

edgarrmcherly

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edgarrmcherly
welcmbak42 wrote:It;s a shame--it could have been avoided, and would have been a pretty nice shirt

Care to join me in formally requesting its removal via electronic mail?

JohnQ118

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JohnQ118

I've taken to buying shirts directly from American Apparel, unprinted. Just spent another $50 for free shipping on a bunch of them. my third order.
wore my grass green from shirt.woot today - great shirt.

wOOt! 1st woot:20-AUG’05|43-w00ts|41-shirts|3-wine.w00t!Cheeses|11-Sellouts|2-Kids.w00t

snarkygal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
fackoph wrote:Here's my styling for this week...

How is this related to the theme this week?

InitialSam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InitialSam
lukekim91 wrote:Olliphaunts, Mordor, and Gandalf!! KEEP PIXELS. MAKE THE BONES LOOK AGED, APPLE LOOK NEW.

BEST SHIRT I'VE SEEN SO FAR. WOULD BUY IT FOR SURE.

eudorrra wrote:yours totally rules, nice work. i need more white shirts

Thanks a lot guys!! it is seriously not that pixelly.i'm kind of mad i did that.

snarkygal

JohnQ118 wrote:Once again, all the FOG entries are so lame. And if I have to explain, you wouldn't understand. (yes, I own a Harley)

At least vote for any/all designs by riffmaster and cheesesandwich.

no shirts for me this derby as for the last and the one before that...
God, I'm depressed by shirt.woot
When we hit 100 designs offered for sale, I expect to stop checking every night.

I've taken to buying shirts directly from American Apparel, unprinted. Just spent another $50 for free shipping on a bunch of them. my third order.
wore my grass green from shirt.woot today - great shirt.

And the point of your post is?????

princessproton

snarkygal wrote:How is this related to the theme this week?

I think because they all eat the one next in line, with the fly making it a full circle.

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
snarkygal wrote:This would have been good for last week's Derby

or this one...

P.S....
here's the original, before adapted for people who like sweet shirts:

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

BobStumpp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BobStumpp

I thought I would try my hand at a shirt. I just wish I could draw a bee to add to the picture...

And get your minds out of the gutters.

snarkygal

riffmaster18 wrote:or this one...

P.S....
here's the original, before adapted for people who like sweet shirts:

Awesome!

barthesis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barthesis

Wow, this was a tough topic. I'm really digging Bummer and You say, I say so far.

cyberninja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyberninja

Hello everybody,

I've been quietly admiring all the work here and decided to throw my hat into the ring. Comments are welcome, but please be gentle, this is my first derby. Thanks!

barthesis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barthesis

Here's what I came up with... thoughts?

Guerrekx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Guerrekx
damiendone wrote:Oh, and...

Battle of the Century, y'all!

Come on Wooters, this is the best design in the derby. Give it some love!

fairnymph

Guerrekx wrote:Come on Wooters, this is the best design in the derby. Give it some love!

It's a cool idea and good design, but not really 'nutrition' imo, so it won't get my vote.

shmeedles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shmeedles
barthesis wrote:Here's what I came up with... thoughts?

Oh my god, It's brilliant.

I want this shirt, so, so badly.

cyberninja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyberninja

Oh man, that makes me laugh and cry. Excellent.

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
fablefire wrote:Klingon Wheaties? Awesome! Gotta have the breakfast of champions so you can make enemies' bones go snap crackle pop.

Man, I really loved this concept, but like I said, I spent 4 hours on it last night (then my computer crashed when I tried to save and I had to start over). After another couple hours today, I am very dissapointed that this graphic is all I could come up with.

Sigh, that's my track record with art, moments of decent work punctuated by mass inconsistency ;-)

Barthesis, i love your shirt.

Fackoph, I love the concept (the execution rings a bit weak)

Check out my blog:Here!

misplacedman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages misplacedman

I'll get this derby thing down one day.

Took me FOR-FREAKING-EVER... especially with my work schedule and stuff. xp This has been submitted so late that there's never a chance that it'll win. xD Oh well... This thing turned out so bad I'm not gonna even chase after my other two ideas... because it would take me days! snort!

It's actually not too different than the image I had in my head... hmm, I'm getting better.

Btw, I like your designs again, Damiendone and Fablefire. =)

madtoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madtoon

princessproton

misplacedman wrote:I'll get this derby thing down one day.

Took me FOR-FREAKING-EVER... especially with my work schedule and stuff. xp This has been submitted so late that there's never a chance that it'll win. xD Oh well... This thing turned out so bad I'm not gonna even chase after my other two ideas... because it would take me days! snort!

It's actually not too different than the image I had in my head... hmm, I'm getting better.

Btw, I like your designs again, Damiendone and Fablefire. =)

Cute design, but unfortunately it will probably get rejected for using gradients and more than 6 colors. You may want to remove this version, rework the color issues and then resubmit before you end up losing too many votes. Also, I can't remember what font that is, but you may want to make sure you can use it for commercial purposes without buying a license or infringing on rights.

goldfishinapicklejar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldfishinapicklejar
cheapherk wrote:My contribution... Horse: The Other Meat

i thought it was funny, but not shirt worthy :\ but what do i know. The numbers don't really make sense for one. But i still snort!'ed

imcompa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imcompa

love it.

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire

Reminds me of the Old Lady song...

There was an old lady who swallowed a spider... that wriggled and jiggled and tickled inside her... she swallowed the spider to catch the fly, I don't know why she swallowed a fly... perhaps she'll die.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5

LOOK we all want to be popeye.. ^^ http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=4835

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

This is my entry- a little different than last week's. :^)

click to vote.

AdderXYU

TAYLORT5 wrote:LOOK we all want to be popeye.. ^^ http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=4835

This is why text should be used sparingly. "Spinach," "Surgeon," and for that matter, "Surgeon General's", not other way around.

I'd also argue that "popeye like" should be spelled with a capital and a hyphen (Popeye-like).

All the wooters out there who have ever whined when people tell them to spell better... "I'm not in English Class, I can spel lyk I wont!"... This is exactly why you should have paid attention in, yknow, third grade.

klswoot

Awwww.....poor guy! It's tough to be a young American. :o)
Cute design. I like how you can barely see the nose :o)

klswoot

Josephus wrote:This is my entry- a little different than last week's. :^)

click to vote.

Hey Attila- Here's the Sushi entry that you wanted. Definitely fits with the Living Raw idea, no?

gutsmasher77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gutsmasher77
fablefire wrote:Looks like I was wrong about not being able to hook a moon in with nutrition:

yeah i hate the moon thing. this is me just being a jerk, hahaha its a joke with me and my friends now