briannyc128

quality posts: 0 Private Messages briannyc128
Josephus wrote:This is my entry- a little different than last week's. :^)

click to vote.

Heh. I have enough trouble with sushi as it is without having this to think about. It'd be a great one to wear to a sushi restaurant.

I was thinking you might want to try the silhouetted insect/snail/worm/frog as either the baby blue of the shirt or the wasabi green to make them stand out a bit more. Or perhaps remove the black from the shirt all together and make the chopsticks white or green. That could free up a color to use on the creatures. I like the subtlety of the image, but I think right now the most important part is one of the last things you see.

Phishisgr8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Phishisgr8
itsoinky wrote:any thoughts on this one?

Absolutely fantastic shirt! The blue shirt is just perfect for contrasting the design.
If you don't make the shirt on Woot!, PM me to buy off-site (after the required time, of course).

gutsmasher77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gutsmasher77

Help the lil piggy!

Vote for Ham-Burger!

skelator818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skelator818

Maybe we should add to the list of no alcohol or p0rn. Include nutrition labels and apple a day comments. I think it's been overdone but I know some of us need more time getting our ideas out. I still can't figure it out so my ideas are simple. ALOT of good ones this derby though. I think the pinata will be in the final fog for sure.

Come on Bandolier of Carrots!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
gutsmasher77 wrote:

Help the lil piggy!

Vote for Ham-Burger!

This is, thusfar, one of my favs.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
briannyc128 wrote:Heh. I have enough trouble with sushi as it is without having this to think about. It'd be a great one to wear to a sushi restaurant.

I was thinking you might want to try the silhouetted insect/snail/worm/frog as either the baby blue of the shirt or the wasabi green to make them stand out a bit more. Or perhaps remove the black from the shirt all together and make the chopsticks white or green. That could free up a color to use on the creatures. I like the subtlety of the image, but I think right now the most important part is one of the last things you see.

I see what you mean. I may revise it. I think the plate needs a shadow underneath too.
I took a couple of trips to Japan when I worked for a Japanese pharmaceutical company, and was struck by the remarkable variety of things eaten there- not just in sushi, sashimi, etc, but also tempura- we had a fish skeleton as tempura once (crunchy), as well as in omelets on those little grill restaurants where the chef chops it up and cooks it right in front of you- the shrimp were complete-heads and all, and we were told that you are expected to eat the shells and all. kind of hard to chew, but overall, quite good. I watched the locals eating, and they were eating the shells like we did.
I love sashimi.

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
snarkygal wrote:Awesome!

Thanks! I hope more people notice it today

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

gutsmasher77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gutsmasher77
AdderXYU wrote:This is, thusfar, one of my favs.

awesome, glad you like it!

rhpatel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rhpatel

hey guys. keep up the good work! I came up with a design that I think ppl will like on their t-shirt. I'm a medical student and we're focusing on the cardiovascular system right now. this is what I conjured up. Any opinions?

Thanks and VOTE FOR ME!!! --> Here is a Link to My Entry

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226

I want any T-shirt with a hamburger on it!!

InitialSam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InitialSam
rhpatel wrote:hey guys. keep up the good work! I came up with a design that I think ppl will like on their t-shirt. I'm a medical student and we're focusing on the cardiovascular system right now. this is what I conjured up. Any opinions?

Thanks and VOTE FOR ME!!! --> Here is a Link to My Entry

i'm not saying you stole it, its just very similiar to mine.

rhpatel

InitialSam wrote:i'm not saying you stole it, its just very similiar to mine.

hmm. wow. hadn't even seen yours. i actually made this before yours was even posted. but best of luck to the both of us i guess! great minds think alike. you have my vote.

markzero

quality posts: 12 Private Messages markzero
goldfishinapicklejar wrote:i thought it was funny, but not shirt worthy :\ but what do i know. The numbers don't really make sense for one. But i still snort!'ed

hey, congrats on your win. You should change your signature from voting to linking to the second chance page, now

markzero

quality posts: 12 Private Messages markzero
TAYLORT5 wrote:LOOK we all want to be popeye.. ^^ http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=4835

are you deliberately spelling those words wrong?

itsoinky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages itsoinky
Phishisgr8 wrote:Absolutely fantastic shirt! The blue shirt is just perfect for contrasting the design.
If you don't make the shirt on Woot!, PM me to buy off-site (after the required time, of course).

thanks a bunch!! =) i hope it gets up there!

InitialSam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InitialSam

is anyone else floored that the nutrion facts one is in the fog?

female

quality posts: 0 Private Messages female
InitialSam wrote:is anyone else floored that the nutrion facts one is in the fog?

I definitely am. Even though it's an OK design, I fail to see the connection between nutrition and a work day. It just doesn't make much sense, but then the derby usually doesn't either. I am happy to see the cheese entry doing well, I think I would buy that one as a lover of cheese.

AdderXYU

InitialSam wrote:is anyone else floored that the nutrion facts one is in the fog?

No. Irked? Maybe. Upset that one of my favs got knocked out of the fog and it's there? Definitely. Afraid we'll have another group of winners I won't want to buy? Increasingly. But not shocked in any way.

ETA: upon next check, the blob had once again regained a spot in the fog. With Bummer having been out of it earlier this morning, I can only presume there's a tight race for third right now (and probably a tight race in general)

briannyc128

quality posts: 0 Private Messages briannyc128
female wrote:I definitely am. Even though it's an OK design, I fail to see the connection between nutrition and a work day. It just doesn't make much sense, but then the derby usually doesn't either. I am happy to see the cheese entry doing well, I think I would buy that one as a lover of cheese.

I'm just surprised that with all the text-hate out there, that something that text-heavy is doing as well. Wearing something like that kind of seems self defeating. The only way anybody would actually be able to read it is you had to stand there and wait for them to get through it all. Otherwise people are just going to assume you have a nutrition label on your shirt for some reason.

I like the idea a lot, and hothcha did a good job matching text, etc. but it doesn't really work as a shirt for me. It would be awesome on a coffee mug. Hotcha, if you end up not winning, you should absolutely check out cafepress. In addition to t-shirts, the print other stuff like bags and mugs.

wyldelei

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wyldelei

I am new to the Derbies .. you regular submitters look like you have so much fun!

I have a couple questions. Where do we submit entries, where do we vote for entries, and what is "the fog"?

Thanks!

AdderXYU

wyldelei wrote:I am new to the Derbies .. you regular submitters look like you have so much fun!

I have a couple questions. Where do we submit entries, where do we vote for entries, and what is "the fog"?

Thanks!

On main shirt.woot page, there will be a link on the side bar saying "derby is now open". From there you can submit and vote.

Voting requires having purchased once from Woot. This is so scammers can't game the vote. Anything from any of the four woot sites counts toward this single purchase.

The fog is the top 4. their votes are shown as "?", to make it more suspenseful as to how well each entry is doing.

That said, it's really blatant how people vote when there's a tight fog. 3rd 4th and 5th are probably separated by a margin of 3-4 votes, because new designs keep jumping in and out of it. However, the fog contenders are far and away ahead of the other designs, with everything past the top 7 needing at least twice as many votes (as well as a freeze on the designs above them) to have any hope of advancing into it

rhpatel

wyldelei wrote:I am new to the Derbies .. you regular submitters look like you have so much fun!

Thanks!

There is a link on the main page that you can use to submit entries. It gives you all the guidelines for what you can and cannot submit and the formatting of the files. You vote for a entry by clicking on the little link on top of it. It will add a +1 vote. The fog contains the top four entries with the most votes. This way, you don't really know who is in the lead. Hope that helps and vote for me!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Loss in bone density due to zero gravity? Not with 2% Low-Gravity Milk! Now with flavor!...

With added hand drawn calcium.

wyldelei

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wyldelei
AdderXYU wrote:On main shirt.woot page, there will be a link on the side bar saying "derby is now open". From there you can submit and vote.

Voting requires having purchased once from Woot. This is so scammers can't game the vote. Anything from any of the four woot sites counts toward this single purchase.

The fog is the top 4. their votes are shown as "?", to make it more suspenseful as to how well each entry is doing.

That said, it's really blatant how people vote when there's a tight fog. 3rd 4th and 5th are probably separated by a margin of 3-4 votes, because new designs keep jumping in and out of it. However, the fog contenders are far and away ahead of the other designs, with everything past the top 7 needing at least twice as many votes (as well as a freeze on the designs above them) to have any hope of advancing into it

OK, I must have overlooked it! When I clicked on that, it brought me to this forum. Thanks!

misplacedman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages misplacedman
princessproton wrote:Cute design, but unfortunately it will probably get rejected for using gradients and more than 6 colors. You may want to remove this version, rework the color issues and then resubmit before you end up losing too many votes. Also, I can't remember what font that is, but you may want to make sure you can use it for commercial purposes without buying a license or infringing on rights.

Even if it gets rejected, I'm happy to actually get a design into the derby this week with my having to cart everyone to school and my 3 to 11 work schedule every day. xD

The font is just a font that came with my Dell computer. So I'd imagine it's nothing special... lulz. But thanks for pointing that out.

No gradients sucks. =[

damiendone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages damiendone
barthesis wrote:Wow, this was a tough topic. I'm really digging Bummer and You say, I say so far.

Thanks, twice!

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24

Click for shirt placement detail (and to vote). Thanks!

Edit: I think this is the first white shirt I've made. But hey, the first ever winning derby design was on a white shirt!

damiendone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages damiendone
eudorrra wrote:oh my god i love the tomaato tomAHto shirt. BEST

Thanks, also!

misplacedman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages misplacedman
shan24 wrote:
Click for shirt placement detail (and to vote). Thanks!

I love this. :P You've got my vote.

barthesis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barthesis
damiendone wrote:Thanks, twice!

Whoa Damien, I didn't even look at the artist name... you did them both! What a range of style... I'm pulling for both.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
misplacedman wrote:I love this. :P You've got my vote.

Groovy, thanks!

hotcha42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hotcha42
briannyc128 wrote:I like the idea a lot, and hothcha did a good job matching text, etc. but it doesn't really work as a shirt for me. It would be awesome on a coffee mug. Hotcha, if you end up not winning, you should absolutely check out cafepress. In addition to t-shirts, the print other stuff like bags and mugs.

Thanks! I'll definitely check that out. I'm surprised it's doing so well, myself. I just happened to be at work when the theme was announced and when I made the design, and that pretty much describes my job...guess I'm not alone in that.

As for the relevance, agreed it's not specifically food related, but the contest rules specify "captures some striking nutrition-related visual image" for which a nutrition label pretty well fits the bill, I think.

Now that my design is getting a little bit slammed, I really feel like I've arrived ;)

barthesis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barthesis

Thanks for the feedback shmeedles, cyberninja & klswoot. It's always good to hear what people think about a design... good or bad ;-) It's the best way to improve!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

Pretty self-explanatory. There's good food and bad food. Beans are no exception. Good for you because they are high in iron and protein, but they have that nasty side-effect of...well, ya' know....GAS! Here's one for the mighty legume. Fun and whimsical.

klswoot

misplacedman wrote:I love this. :P You've got my vote.

Love the junk food stack and the apple. Very cute!

8taxi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 8taxi

I think the theme for derby 15 should be ninjas, cuz every derby someone including myself makes a funny shirt about ninjas and relates it to the theme.

klswoot

[quote postid="1668807" user="rhpatel"]hey guys. keep up the good work! I came up with a design that I think ppl will like on their t-shirt. I'm a medical student and we're focusing on the cardiovascular system right now. this is what I conjured up. Any opinions?

I really like this one! Clever!

klswoot

8taxi wrote:I think the theme for derby 15 should be ninjas, cuz every derby someone including myself makes a funny shirt about ninjas and relates it to the theme.

My family is hooked to that "ninja warrior" show. Wonder if there are any plans to have competitions like that in this country. Probably the network lawyers wouldn't let it pass.

8taxi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 8taxi

I think the next theme should be NINJAS, cuz someone, including myself always finds a way to tie ninjas to the theme.

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
klswoot wrote:Hey Attila- Here's the Sushi entry that you wanted. Definitely fits with the Living Raw idea, no?

Well yes it does, but BLEAH! ;)

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.