Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
veloxvulpes wrote:If you save your detail image as a 240x240 px jpg, and your shirt comp as a 600x600 px jpg, you should be good. Woot's going to convert any files that aren't that size, or aren't JPGs, to those specifications on the fly.

Welcome to the derby! I hope you have fun here, I know I have.

just as important is to not do any compression at all. They compress anyway, so if it starts out with your compression, even a little bit, then it gets multiplied big time and ruins the image.

mrsayres

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrsayres
number4t1 wrote:There's plenty of room for all God's creatures.....right next to the mashed potatoes.

I couldn't agree more. Hooray Carnivores!

Josephus

I estimate about 40% more area for this image than they allow. And, there's a blob of light green that is above the neck-line- I don't know how they could print that, if the screen lays over the neck. I layered the uploaded shirt comp over woot's newest shirt detail template, because it seemed too wide to me.

mrsayres

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrsayres

Comments?

My husband and I couldn't agree on colors.

vishneda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vishneda
shinratype26 wrote: I was really surprised when derek's sun decay got printed because of the color.

I was surprised about that too... and the fact that Bummer is up there in the fog on light blue as well. That's what kind of led me to go ahead with the light blue on Donut Self Esteem and not rethink it. Personally, I like that color and I want more shirts in that color.

madtoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madtoon

There is a number of designs in this derby that would be great shirts. One of my favs is "Eaten Healthy" although I will vote a more than just that one.

Vote for me!!!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
fackoph wrote:You got me thinking... what is the differnence between a fly and a mosquito? So, I went to Wikipedia to find out... Seems fly is the order and mosquito is a family under it (for reference). Wow woot... tricking me into learning something... on a Saturday no less :-(

Hey! Thanks for the information. Now...you got me thinking. In Spanish, the word "fly" is "mosca" and mosquito means "little fly" and it is also the Spanish word for "mosquito". So the Spanish knew that a mosquito was a subset of a fly. :o)

Our language has too many words....I wouldn't mind just referring to flies as mosquitos...they are both equally obnoxious. :o)

AlexIAm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm
Josephus wrote:Hey, I was looking at the woot pantone colors list for the shirt fabric, and am puzzled about the Navy blue.
They list Pantone 532C as the Navy blue, but it doesn't look at all blue to me-Tgentry's Navy blue does, though, which seems to be Pantone 295C.
Here are some of the Pantone colors I was looking at for Navy blue- did Woot err, or is my monitor screwed up? THanks for any replies.

To answer your question, a little of both...

I am viewing your swatches right now on a calibrated LaCie monitor and PMS 532 is indeed showing up as a very dark Navy... almost black. I own a navy Woot tee and a pms book, and the shirt color is actually pretty close to 532. If you put it against black you can easily see the difference, but in a dark closet you would have a hard time telling the difference.

When I opened the main page today I was shocked to see the Candy Corn tee on what appeared to be black. I fear woot has err'd on the side of print correctness forgetting that not everyone has a well calibrated monitor. They should definitely use somethng closer to at least 289 if not 281 (even though it is technically wrong) on their mockups so people are not disappointed when they get navy tees instead of black. I do it all the time in my line of work... making black shirts dark gray to make sure details show and exaggerating the "blueness" of navy so poeple don't think its black. People don't alwasy read product descriptions, but they do look at pictures.

For us pms sticklers though 532 is no where close to the same color as any of the other swatches you posted and I would be pissed if I chose ink colors based on any of those if the shirt was actually 532.

>insert funny quote here<

8taxi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 8taxi

What is the "record" for the number of derby wins for a single person?

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
8taxi wrote:What is the "record" for the number of derby wins for a single person?

Discodancing has four now I believe...

Check out my blog:Here!

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph

I'm loving Sugar Crash.

So sad mine got rejected, oh well. I'm still pleased with my work. :D

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

AlexIAm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm

Derek,

Love the new dinosaur entry... you know what would make it even better? Put a label near the tail with the words "Spiky Things". Just a bit of silliness to go along with the seriousness of the other labels.

GMV either way.

>insert funny quote here<

derekfilley

AlexIAm wrote:Derek,

Love the new dinosaur entry... you know what would make it even better? Put a label near the tail with the words "Spiky Things". Just a bit of silliness to go along with the seriousness of the other labels.

GMV either way.

Thanks! I thought about labeling the spikes/fins, but the dotted outlines in them looked funny, and the words got to be too clumped together. Oh well, the choices we all have to make... ;-)

KidGrenouille

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KidGrenouille
derekfilley wrote:Thanks! I thought about labeling the spikes/fins, but the dotted outlines in them looked funny, and the words got to be too clumped together. Oh well, the choices we all have to make... ;-)

I don't know if someone said this already, but I think you mean "palate," not "palette." As it's not actually on the shirt (it's not, right?) it doesn't make much difference. But if it wins, you should email woot to run it with "palate" in the title.

derekfilley

KidGrenouille wrote:I don't know if someone said this already, but I think you mean "palate," not "palette." As it's not actually on the shirt (it's not, right?) it doesn't make much difference. But if it wins, you should email woot to run it with "palate" in the title.

craaaap...

InitialSam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InitialSam

hey babies can i get some votes?

derekfilley

Thanks Kid Frog,

I got sloppy. Everyone who has voted for my design (all 12 of you) please revote ;-)

Josephus

derekfilley wrote:Thanks! I thought about labeling the spikes/fins, but the dotted outlines in them looked funny, and the words got to be too clumped together. Oh well, the choices we all have to make... ;-)

I can see it though- a line pointed to one of the fins, with 'soup' on the other end. :^)

derekfilley

Howdy woot faithful!

After my pathetic first attempt, I figured it was time to redeem myself.

Please vote for my new entry: "For the Discerning Palate"

People dont know this, but Stegosaurus has a very low fat content. It's a very lean meat, but still succulent.

derekfilley

Josephus wrote:I can see it though- a line pointed to one of the fins, with 'soup' on the other end. :^)

hmmm...

justann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justann

Hey Geekfactor, love the shirt. (Cake IS a liar!) You also should have run your text through spellcheck too though; I figure you mean Nutritious, not Nutricious.

Quick, fix it.

Here's my first try using my tablet and Inkscape.

derekfilley

Ok, I'm spacing big today...

Thanks kidfrog, Josephus, and AlexIam.

The permanent submission is now in, everyone please re-vote and forgive me my clumsyness ;-) The wife's out of town so I had to self review my entry.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
justann wrote:Hey Geekfactor, love the shirt. (Cake IS a liar!) You also should have run your text through spellcheck too though; I figure you mean Nutritious, not Nutricious.

Quick, fix it.

Ha! I must have caught that mistake at the same time you did. Thanks for looking out for the spelling-challenged

Here's the thumbnail, hopefully with everything spelled correctly this time:

It's not too soon for a Portal parody, right?

derekfilley

geekfactor12 wrote:
It's not too soon for a Portal parody, right?

Possibly, we'll definately see what brand of nerd frequents woot ;-)

I just upgraded to Vista, and now portal no worky. :-(

geekfactor12

derekfilley wrote:I just upgraded to Vista, and now portal no worky. :-(

That sucks! I just played the last level again tonight because I wanted to listen to the song at the end again. So. Much. Awesome.

derekfilley

geekfactor12 wrote:That sucks! I just played the last level again tonight because I wanted to listen to the song at the end again. So. Much. Awesome.

At least I still have portal (flash version) ;-)

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
fairnymph wrote:I'm loving Sugar Crash.

So sad mine got rejected, oh well. I'm still pleased with my work. :D

Surely you're not surprised......

HotIceCream

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HotIceCream

i have an idea-- don't have time to design it myself. if you are interested, PM me.

8taxi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 8taxi

What do you think the next derby is going to be?

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18

are ya' achin'?
yup yup yup
for some bacon?
yes, yes you are.

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

Josephus

8taxi wrote:What do you think the next derby is going to be?

Physiology?

vishneda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vishneda
Josephus wrote:Physiology?

Such a theme would certainly break records for number of rejected entries.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
derekfilley wrote:Ok, I'm spacing big today...

Thanks kidfrog, Josephus, and AlexIam.

The permanent submission is now in, everyone please re-vote and forgive me my clumsyness ;-) The wife's out of town so I had to self review my entry.

I really like the concept on this one, and I know you've submit it like thrice or so now, but if it doesn't win, I think it'd look better on a lighter colour. All the thin lines and text kinda blur against the green on the shirt comp, and while it'd obviously look worlds better full-sized, I'm unsure as to whether or not it would be distinct enough against the shirt to be easily read.

sayah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sayah

Im not pretending to have any chance to win...but my original design is not legible.

Is this more legible? I really tried to clean it up as best as I could.

Your feedback (and votes if so inclined) are greatly appreciated.

AdderXYU

8taxi wrote:What do you think the next derby is going to be?

They could make it "video game references", so we're all on a level playing ground.

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
AdderXYU wrote:They could make it "video game references", so we're all on a level playing ground.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO This place is geeky enough as it is without doing that.

AdderXYU

snarkygal wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO This place is geeky enough as it is without doing that.

It was that or "Moons" ;)

madtoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madtoon

welcmbak42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages welcmbak42

oh my god, the fog is making me puke--seriously, what kind of people would wear these. Seriously, I want stats. Age, interests, professions, etc.

geekfactor12

AdderXYU wrote:They could make it "video game references", so we're all on a level playing ground.

I think a video game references Derby could be awesome, but I'd want PacMan and Space Invaders references to be outlawed due to being severely over-saturated.