derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
AdderXYU wrote:I really like the concept on this one, and I know you've submit it like thrice or so now, but if it doesn't win, I think it'd look better on a lighter colour. All the thin lines and text kinda blur against the green on the shirt comp, and while it'd obviously look worlds better full-sized, I'm unsure as to whether or not it would be distinct enough against the shirt to be easily read.

I tried to pick the lightest color I could that wasn't white/lemon/creme (I got nothing against heather gray, but it didnt look as good with this design).

here's AA's "official" swatch, which doesn't look anything like the one woot supplies, so I guess alls we know is that it will be a lightish green, not as yellow as grass green ;-)

The words should come out clearly at close range. From far away, it looks like a nice retro stegosaurus design, so there's a duality to this particular design ;-) When walking by someone on the street they might crack a smile at the random dino on your chest, but if you're having lunch with a friend they'll get the full effect and comment accordingly.

Check out my blog:Here!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

You, sir, are a master of design spin.

Seriously, the cuts of a stegosaurus is a really good concept and design, but I can't bring myself to click that button... I'd just want to see one printed before I would feel comfortable committing to it.

insanecarbonbasedlif

quality posts: 0 Private Messages insanecarbonbasedlif
derekfilley wrote:Ok, I'm spacing big today...

Thanks kidfrog, Josephus, and AlexIam.

The permanent submission is now in, everyone please re-vote and forgive me my clumsyness ;-) The wife's out of town so I had to self review my entry.

It's alright - we all have those days. Well, at least I have those days. A lot. I've stopped tracking how many misspelled submission titles I've put in. Not to mention the shirt that I actually put "astrononomer" on. I feel like the guy painting the team's name in the end zone, getting to the end, and seeing that it's misspelled. At least I can eat a snickers - that's nutritious, right?

melodywhore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melodywhore
skelator818 wrote:Maybe we should add to the list of no alcohol or p0rn. Include nutrition labels and apple a day comments. I think it's been overdone but I know some of us need more time getting our ideas out. I still can't figure it out so my ideas are simple. ALOT of good ones this derby though. I think the pinata will be in the final fog for sure.

yeah! damn those nutrition labels!!

my woot list:
6/20/07 - Refurbished Ear Wax Collector
7/16/07 - Shiny 8.1 MP Samsung Digimax
5/28/08 - (2) 2GB MicroSD inflanagastion chamber
11/20/08 - three false sense of security ipod locks
4/9/09 - apple 8GB 4th gen ipod nano (black)

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

I hope y'all aren't disgusted by my text entry.

sayah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sayah
Josephus wrote:I hope y'all aren't disgusted by my text entry.

Disgusted......?

no

rlitteriowoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rlitteriowoot

Here's my latest entry. Comments welcome.

paints

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paints

Hey I'm new to submitting shirts for the derby.
Can anyone help me to understand the "Print-Ready File (PSD, AI, PDF, SVG or ZIP; no larger than 3 MB" part of the submission process?

PalmerEldritch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PalmerEldritch

Anyone like this one?

derekfilley

paints wrote:Hey I'm new to submitting shirts for the derby.
Can anyone help me to understand the "Print-Ready File (PSD, AI, PDF, SVG or ZIP; no larger than 3 MB" part of the submission process?

Those are the formats you can save your design in, what program are you using?

cyberninja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyberninja
geekfactor12 wrote:Ha! I must have caught that mistake at the same time you did. Thanks for looking out for the spelling-challenged

Here's the thumbnail, hopefully with everything spelled correctly this time:

It's not too soon for a Portal parody, right?

Brilliant, any portal geek will be jonesing for a piece of this. Well done!

paints

derekfilley wrote:Those are the formats you can save your design in, what program are you using?

Well I've got the rough idea all generically designed out in just MS paint. What do you suggest I recreate it into?

derekfilley

paints wrote:Well I've got the rough idea all generically designed out in just MS paint. What do you suggest I recreate it into?

Most people use one of the following:

Adobe Photoshop (Beaucoup $)
Adobe Illustrator ($$$$)
Inkscape (free program available online, equivalent of Illustrator)
Gimp (free program available online, equivalent of Photoshop)

You wont be able to get your image int he right formats with just paint.

*EDIT* Not true, actually, you can use this program: http://delineate.sourceforge.net/

paints

derekfilley wrote:Most people use one of the following:

Adobe Photoshop (Beaucoup $)
Adobe Illustrator ($$$$)
Inkscape (free program available online, equivalent of Illustrator)
Gimp (free program available online, equivalent of Photoshop)

You wont be able to get your image int he right formats with just paint.

*EDIT* Not true, actually, you can use this program: http://delineate.sourceforge.net/

Cool I will give them a shot. I'll be honest, I really am unsure of what I'm doing, but I finally came up with an idea that seemed worth submitting. Thanks for all your help and good luck in the derby.

barthesis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barthesis
PalmerEldritch wrote:Anyone like this one?

Being the non-molecular scientist I am, what is it representing?

madtoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madtoon

Heres one more entry - "One Bad Egg"

PalmerEldritch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PalmerEldritch
barthesis wrote:Being the non-molecular scientist I am, what is it representing?

sorry. ;-) Essentially it shows the molecular structure of trans fat (trans fatty acid). It seems to be a big topic these days, especially concerning heart disease.

darthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r

Who says a strawberry shirt isn't manly?
]

vishneda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vishneda
darthv8r wrote:Who says a strawberry shirt isn't manly?

The Duke would bust your nose for that!

madtoon

]

Thats funny!!!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
cyberninja wrote:Brilliant, any portal geek will be jonesing for a piece of this. Well done!

I have never played portal, and I'm kinda in love with this shirt.

sayah

WOW!

I never had so many votes so fast before. Thanks everyone.
I wish I made the line, "People Are Our Greatest Resources" stand out better. I have a hard time reading it on my 21" monitor...

Oh well - next time I will be more mindful of that.....thanks again for hooking me up with some V-notes. If anyone else is so inclined.....you can go here:

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=4882

cyberninja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyberninja
AdderXYU wrote:I have never played portal, and I'm kinda in love with this shirt.

My wife said the same thing.

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24

C'mon folks! Vote up the "Peanut Allergy" shirt! My daughter goes to elementary school with a kid in her class who is allergic. The whole school is disappointed that they can't have pbj for lunch! I got a chuckle out of thinking of sending her to school wearing this shirt! I'm in if the shirt's in!

I gotta stop using exc!amation points!

sayah

Please Vote!

OR Please Vote for my Revised One!

OR Please Vote The ORIGINAL!

Thanks for your consideration and for at least taking a peek.

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=4903

AdderXYU tanx 4 helpin meah geta thru . u no, 3'erd grad. =) good luck on your carrot.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

Josephus

]

Little known fact: Albus was known as Strawberry as a youth.

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1

you know you all Just want to play some Food-Pong

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

[quote postid="1669594" user="darthv8r"]Who says a strawberry shirt isn't manly?
Great reference using John Wayne and the flag! Too funny!

mrskandis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrskandis
Josephus wrote:
I estimate about 40% more area for this image than they allow. And, there's a blob of light green that is above the neck-line- I don't know how they could print that, if the screen lays over the neck. I layered the uploaded shirt comp over woot's newest shirt detail template, because it seemed too wide to me.

My kids are always wanting me to buy OJ so they don't get scurvy, I really like the design I hope you can fix it.

welcmbak42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages welcmbak42

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Say no to Bummer!!!!!!!! Keep goin' all the leaders!!! Congrats, so far!!!!!!!!!!!

gargrazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gargrazz

My wife thinks this is awesome and she has really good taste because she loves me. She's also vegetarian... so she, like, knows nutrition and stuff. My cat, however, sometimes eats poop. So in my whole circle of "nutritious experience", I fall somewhere between poop and wheat grass. If you plot this out - it lands smack dab on "funny". Imagine that. Reap the benefits of this cosmically aligned funny-shirt.

Feedback always appreciated if you have the time.

zewkin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zewkin
Josephus wrote:Little known fact: Albus was known as Strawberry as a youth.

The Terminator sported the strawberry shirt in the original director's cut but it was never released because the test audience found it to be too violent.

Josephus

Robert Duvall had it on as a tattoo in Apocalypse Now.

darthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r

rotflmao! Thanks Dr. J and zewkin!

shinratype26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shinratype26

I'm happy the strawberry design (you know which one I mean- the one now seen on the terminator, dumbledore, etc.) was made. I started making a strawberry design on thursday and it just did not turn out right. This one looks really nice though.

Also, do you think woot could have an open-ended derby next week? As in, no theme, or the theme being "Anything"?
Or do you think they will go on and make a theme so specific it will be hard to make a design after there are a few designs already submitted?

madtoon

That Robert Duval is a rebel!!!! Very Very funny!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

[quote postid="1669126" user="derekfilley"]Howdy woot faithful!

After my pathetic first attempt, I figured it was time to redeem myself.

Please vote for my new entry: "For the Discerning Palate"

Derek- This is a great design. Love it!

Josephus

darthv8r wrote:rotflmao! Thanks Dr. J and zewkin!

heh. I hope we brung you some votes. I don't want to do too many, but I might make a couple more before the end of the contest. Its great fun.

shinratype26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shinratype26

This shirt was really popular in the 80s...
who knew?

I suggest Woot sell this one- and with those pants Mr. Baio is wearing.