TAYLORT5


quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
snarkygal wrote:]


Duh, it was already rejected

thanks girl I was always a day late and a dollor short. P


You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

hotcha42


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hotcha42
sayah wrote:I get 24.5....but who's counting?



It's lunch + total work + idle gossip = 8.5 hours. The indented items are subsets of the stuff above them. Thanks!

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
TAYLORT5 wrote:My images look like crap how do you know if I using compression? thats got to be whats wrong. but I'll be dog gone if I can figure it out.



Well, when you save to a jpg, or export to a jpg, or 'export for Web' one of the things you have to do in most software is to optimize or something like that. If you look at the linked file, you'll see in the first two images that I was exporting a jpg, and in Corel Draw, you have to set the compression and smoothing. In the third version at the bottom, I was exporting for web, and it doesn't say anything about compression- it has various optimizations you can select, which translate into levels of compression it doesn't tell you about. What you need to do is always select the highest quality option for everything that you can. Despite the file size restrictions woot has given us, you won't have to worry about your file being too large- it can't be.

Toyfare


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Toyfare



My first submission. If you dig it, vote for it. If not, eat all your veggies you traitor!

damiendone


quality posts: 0 Private Messages damiendone

Dear all,

Get over it. I was, perhaps excessively, expressive a couple of weeks ago about one particular shirt that had me up in arms and thoroughly confused about this world I'd just recently entered. So - in my trademarked less-than-discreet fashion - I aggressively, and insultingly pursued some answers.

I understand that it was uncalled for and that I'd pushed it too far, and have since made quite an attempt - against my nature, at that - to kindly do my best, sit back and shut up.

Please allow me to do so without harping on (and linking to) a few less-than-favorable (but remarkably honest) past comments. Most of which have paled in comparison to some reactions I've seen others post to shirts they disliked.

Why you gotta bring up old crap?

Likewise, thanks to all the people who had better things to do than care about some twerp in Michigan's petty opinion in the first place, and who've been helping my designs lose by narrower margins than anticipated.

micnormal


quality posts: 0 Private Messages micnormal




Just checked out the contest this week. Here are my favorites. Pyrin, i love the tofu menagerie.

BDV


quality posts: 0 Private Messages BDV

So I'm gone all weekend, and what do I see? "Eating Healthy" is no longer in the Fog! At least "Powered by Cheese" is still in there...

briannyc128


quality posts: 0 Private Messages briannyc128
BDV wrote:So I'm gone all weekend, and what do I see? "Eating Healthy" is no longer in the Fog! At least "Powered by Cheese" is still in there...



Eating Healthy and Bummer have been trading spots semi-regularly for the past few days. If I had to guess based on my semi-obsessive checks to the standings/hot list, I'd say Scurvy is most likely on top, with Cheese and BSOD battling it out for second, but there's a good chance BSOD is higher up than that.

Thanks for the support by the way (both to you and everyone who's been really cool about my entry this week).

Gatzby


quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
shinratype26 wrote:
This shirt was really popular in the 80s...
who knew?

I suggest Woot sell this one- and with those pants Mr. Baio is wearing.



Part of the uniform, actually. All warehouse employees are issued a pair for safety and proper support.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

swedishchef1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages swedishchef1

Here's my entry, late as usual:



There are some good ones out there -- love "Say No To Scurvy" -- but maybe I'm just a sucker for pirates.


vishneda


quality posts: 0 Private Messages vishneda
briannyc128 wrote: I'd say Scurvy is most likely on top, with Cheese and BSOD battling it out for second, but there's a good chance BSOD is higher up than that.


I don't think that BSOD is higher than third. I could be wrong, but I think that Cheese has quite a few votes more and that Scurvy is a runaway in first place. Bummer is really climbing back into place now as well.

briannyc128


quality posts: 0 Private Messages briannyc128
vishneda wrote:I don't think that BSOD is higher than third. I could be wrong, but I think that Cheese has quite a few votes more and that Scurvy is a runaway in first place. Bummer is really climbing back into place now as well.



Should make for an interesting weekend at this point. By the way, I got a kick out of your zagat/zombie entry. It hasn't been mentioned much in the forums, and I noticed you took it out of your sig, but I think its pretty clever.

AttilaTheMom


quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
briannyc128 wrote:Eating Healthy and Bummer have been trading spots semi-regularly for the past few days. If I had to guess based on my semi-obsessive checks to the standings/hot list, I'd say Scurvy is most likely on top, with Cheese and BSOD battling it out for second, but there's a good chance BSOD is higher up than that.

Thanks for the support by the way (both to you and everyone who's been really cool about my entry this week).



Must... Have... Cheese....

I moved to wisconsin years ago, and used to jokingly tell people that they won't let you in the state unless you solemnly swear to eat cheese, drink beer, and always root for the Packers. So if this wins, I'm in for at least 2.

I could wish there was an apple/doctor/heart one I liked up in the fog so I could get it for my doctor friend, but as that would mean booting one of the four designs I love, I dunno. If the top three end up being scurvy, cheese and sugar bsod, I'll be staying up late to get at least one of each. Yea!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

cwarrington


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwarrington

Volunteer Moderator

vishneda wrote:I don't think that BSOD is higher than third. I could be wrong, but I think that Cheese has quite a few votes more and that Scurvy is a runaway in first place. Bummer is really climbing back into place now as well.



I have it at, Scurvy, Cheese, then BSOD... Based on my estimates, (which I might add have been 'very' accurate the last 2 derbies....)

Anywho...

briannyc128


quality posts: 0 Private Messages briannyc128
cwarrington wrote:I have it at, Scurvy, Cheese, then BSOD... Based on my estimates, (which I might add have been 'very' accurate the last 2 derbies....)

Anywho...



Did you remove those numbers from your site, or am I just missing something?

Edit: scratch that, I hadn't checked the top 10 page out since the style redesign. I'm not sure I like that "very" is in quotes but thanks for the info.

vishneda


quality posts: 0 Private Messages vishneda
briannyc128 wrote:Should make for an interesting weekend at this point. By the way, I got a kick out of your zagat/zombie entry. It hasn't been mentioned much in the forums, and I noticed you took it out of your sig, but I think its pretty clever.


Yeah, if this holds out I think the top three are going to be pretty hard to call. I feel kind of like Derek in his movie from a few weeks ago (minus all the hatred toward voters, heh heh).

Thanks for bringing that zombie design up. I am trying to keep the sig down to only a few designs so that the forum pages don't take forever to load. I had just picked the top three by votes at the time... but I put the zombie back in for a while now.

cwarrington


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwarrington

Volunteer Moderator

briannyc128 wrote:Did you remove those numbers from your site, or am I just missing something?

Edit: scratch that, I hadn't checked the top 10 page out since the style redesign. I'm not sure I like that "very" is in quotes but thanks for the info.



Hehe I only say very, because I've only been off by about 60-80 votes, and with the last derby I had 2nd and 3rd neck and neck with only 1 vote difference, and they turned out like so...

Actual Votes || Estimate
1st: 662 || 736 (74 vote difference)
2nd: 632 || 692 (60 vote difference)
3rd: 611 || 693 (82 vote difference)

My estimates will alway be a little higher, but it's getting better with every derby.

And also if you would like to see something a little different on my site,(like estimates on the summary page, hint hint) just let me know... I've made the site more for you guys than myself...

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
cwarrington wrote:Hehe I only say very, because I've only been off by about 60-80 votes, and with the last derby I had 2nd and 3rd neck and neck with only 1 vote difference, and they turned out like so...

Actual Votes || Estimate
1st: 662 || 736 (74 vote difference)
2nd: 632 || 692 (60 vote difference)
3rd: 611 || 693 (82 vote difference)

My estimates will alway be a little higher, but it's getting better with every derby.

And also if you would like to see something a little different on my site,(like estimates on the summary page, hint hint) just let me know... I've made the site more for you guys than myself...



Have you completely abandoned the showing the design votes deal? That I found to be really interesting the week before last, and really miss it now.

vishneda


quality posts: 0 Private Messages vishneda
Josephus wrote:Have you completely abandoned the showing the design votes deal? That I found to be really interesting the week before last, and really miss it now.


I have been looking for this one as well. Those graphs were cool! I was wondering why they were taken out, but I guess I figured it was for technical reasons.

cwarrington


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwarrington

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:Have you completely abandoned the showing the design votes deal? That I found to be really interesting the week before last, and really miss it now.


Do you mean the graphs as well Josephus? I will get them put back up, I need to re-write the section that displayed them, it was pretty slow before, but I kind just slapped everything together when I was making that I AM NOT AN ESKIMO!

madtoon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages madtoon

There doesn't seemed to be as many designs rejected this time.

Bryan818


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818

VOTE TAKE OUT!!!! its the new hotness... and its a wearable shirt

Please check it out

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
cwarrington wrote:Do you mean the graphs as well Josephus? I will get them put back up, I need to re-write the section that displayed them, it was pretty slow before, but I kind just slapped everything together when I was making that I AM NOT AN ESKIMO! :P



yeah, the graphs. My favorite part, other than the predicted votes in the fog. You might make it not display every time point in the x-axis, that was distracting after the first day or so.

Pyrin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pyrin
micnormal wrote:Just checked out the contest this week. Here are my favorites. Pyrin, i love the tofu menagerie.


Thanks. :D Thanks fablefire, too, I love your scurvy orange this week. Cute things ftw. ;D

cyberninja


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyberninja

Since people are dishing out the kudos, here are my top 4 that are not in the fog:




And if anybody out there is looking for a design that has a straight-forward declarative statement, why not take a gander at my little entry, i heart ham.

Nice work!

Mroczkowski


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mroczkowski


I hope this works!
I'm open to suggestions too.

I noticed people usually don't like quotes, but if you have any suggestions like:

"We can't do it without you!"
"Get the stuffy"
or
"Best Pies in Town!"

please let me know.

janaknowles


quality posts: 0 Private Messages janaknowles

Ok...This is my first everything, design, entry, post...you name it...

I would appreciate any and all feedback...

thanks

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=4956

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
janaknowles wrote:Ok...This is my first everything, design, entry, post...you name it...

I would appreciate any and all feedback...

thanks

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=4956


Is that a "Punisher" logo, Ms. Knowles? That might risk the wrath of the Rejectorator.

derekfilley


quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
vishneda wrote:Yeah, if this holds out I think the top three are going to be pretty hard to call. I feel kind of like Derek in his movie from a few weeks ago (minus all the hatred toward voters, heh heh).



Voters are sheep ;-)


Check out my blog:Here!

janaknowles


quality posts: 0 Private Messages janaknowles
no1 wrote:Is that a "Punisher" logo, Ms. Knowles? That might risk the wrath of the Rejectorator.



It is...however...i feel that the original image has been modified enough that while still recognizable, it is an new image of its own volition....

snarkygal


quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
cwarrington wrote:I have it at, Scurvy, Cheese, then BSOD... Based on my estimates, (which I might add have been 'very' accurate the last 2 derbies....)

Anywho...



Your site doesn't display vote stats anymore? or all the entries????

fackoph


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fackoph
fablefire wrote:...aaaaand I'm back. Too much work this weekend... gaaahh...

First and foremost, thanks to everyone who has supported Say No To Scurvy! I appreciate it. =D

If it's not your thing, vote for these awesome shirts:

Eating Healthy
Powered By Cheese
Sugar BSOD
A Healthy Robot Diet
For The Discerning Palate.
The Cake Is A Liar
Ham-Burger
One Bad Egg
Who's At The Top Of The Food Chain
A Healthy Heart
Super Happy Fun Carrot Cone - Yum!
What won't hurt you will make you stronger
Apple A Day



Awe... thanks for the shot out :-)

JCBarry


quality posts: 0 Private Messages JCBarry

You can get design specific vote statistics on http://shirtstats.com.
It is the only thing it does currently (other than overall stats) so someone might as well use it.

EDIT: FYI-Also note you can rollover the chart data to get more specific information.

snarkygal


quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal

The Rejectorators haven't been through yet? Hard to believe that only 5 entries didn't make the cut, especially since the crayon/marker person uploaded their entries again today. Somebody from Woot has to tell them to stop doing that every week.

AttilaTheMom


quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
derekfilley wrote:Voters are sheep ;-)



Baaaaaaad boy derek. :P

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

AlexIAm


quality posts: 4 Private Messages AlexIAm
snarkygal wrote:The Rejectorators haven't been through yet? Hard to believe that only 5 entries didn't make the cut, especially since the crayon/marker person uploaded their entries again today. Somebody from Woot has to tell them to stop doing that every week.



Like I said last week... is there a way to ban someone from entering at all? heatherpickens has yet to enter anything other than a crayon/marker drawing all of which get rejected every week. Maybe we should all flame her PM? Just a thought.


>insert funny quote here<

shinratype26


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shinratype26

I swear, if I see one more fricken entry with chopsticks in it, I'm gonna-


vote for it.

mantras


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mantras

Watching Calories and Guilty Pleasures got votes from me. Love the designs and the humor. Hopefully they move up in the ranks.

vishneda


quality posts: 0 Private Messages vishneda

I do find myself wondering if somehow I have a lifetime subscription to whatever pictures are being posted on the fridge at the heatherpickens home. If you like those designs on a shirt I certainly have nothing against them, but at least take the time to post an image showing where the drawing will be on the shirt. I don't see the relevance of posting these otherwise.

InitialSam


quality posts: 0 Private Messages InitialSam

votes! votes! i need them!