InitialSam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InitialSam

Initial Samantha's Top 5...in a very particular order.

thats it for this week.

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
InitialSam wrote:Initial Samantha's Top 5...in a very particular order.

thats it for this week.

Sigh....I sure miss my Mom's brisket...although sometimes it came out so tough it seemed like it came from a dinosaur

solarcirclegirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages solarcirclegirl

i am fairly new to shirt.woot, and i am wondering why some of the tee shirts are rejected before the derby voting even is over. it's something i've wondered about since the first time i started looking at the designs.

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818

i still cant get over how quickly SCURVY was entered for such a good shirt... seems so well thought out i wish inspiration came to me that quickly... kudos to you, and your cute little orange pirate man.
how do i make a banner with a link to my shirt??

Please check it out

snarkygal

solarcirclegirl wrote:i am fairly new to shirt.woot, and i am wondering why some of the tee shirts are rejected before the derby voting even is over. it's something i've wondered about since the first time i started looking at the designs.

Because they don't fit the theme, or the rules

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
snarkygal wrote:Sigh....I sure miss my Mom's brisket...although sometimes it came out so tough it seemed like it came from a dinosaur

Actually, that's a common misconception, Stegosaurus meat is actually quite tender, and also pretty lean (for those of you watching your fat intake).

;-)

Check out my blog:Here!

snarkygal

derekfilley wrote:Actually, that's a common misconception, Stegosaurus meat is actually quite tender, and also pretty lean (for those of you watching your fat intake).

;-)

And you know this how?????? ;-)

derekfilley

snarkygal wrote:And you know this how?????? ;-)

I was a foreign exchange student one summer in high school with the jungle people of King Kong island.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
solarcirclegirl wrote:i am fairly new to shirt.woot, and i am wondering why some of the tee shirts are rejected before the derby voting even is over. it's something i've wondered about since the first time i started looking at the designs.

You can click on the design and see a comment below the image that says specifically why it was rejected. I'm new to woot too, but I've noticed that most of them are either off-theme, or use too many colors or gradients. -kristen

threEchelon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages threEchelon

The Fast, Cheap, and Easy shirt made me l o l. I hope it can make it up to the top in time.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
AlexIAm wrote:Since I don't have an entry this week had to cave painting – is that a centaur in the upper right?

I'm glad you liked it, and the others listed.
I had given up on anyone noticing it. yep. just one centaur. also a kid roasting a marshmallow, also steam rising from the nostrils of the trunk. also a Pulp Fiction dancer in the back. such fun, and a nice look, I think.

Josephus

CardinalGoldstein wrote:I'm loving "Gnaws" right now, but also think that "Be Strong, Eat Vegetables" and "The Cake Is A Liar" are very purchasable.

Thanks a lot.
I just wish that Wobblytoddles had posted
Predators Need Health Food Too on Friday afternoon instead of Sunday night. I might have had a chance...

without it, I never would have made mine.

fosho4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fosho4
klswoot wrote:You can click on the design and see a comment below the image that says specifically why it was rejected. I'm new to woot too, but I've noticed that most of them are either off-theme, or use too many colors or gradients. -kristen

It can also be for "designs involving booze, dope, or deconstructionist propaganda films..."

I would have to say my favorite right now is http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=4622
...I would definitely buy it

shinratype26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shinratype26
derekfilley wrote:I was a foreign exchange student one summer in high school with the jungle people of King Kong island.

Oh man! I'm doing that program early next year.
What should I expect?

derekfilley

shinratype26 wrote:Oh man! I'm doing that program early next year.
What should I expect?

Bring bottled water...

fosho4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fosho4
sayah wrote:

First and foremost.....

since you asked.....

The main thing is....

There are like 5 other Apple a Day designs already entered.

The bomb part is cute but I didnt even notice it until now.... IF an apple is small, then those bombs are like lady fingers. Other than that, I say stay at it and keep trying. its fun if nothing else.

Thanks for the input.
I hadn't taken the time to look at all of the other entries.
The competition is fierce.

MadHaze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MadHaze

This one is Great if the "U"s stood out so you could see them. Changing the shirt color might do it. Hope it starts gaining ground.
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=4962

U Are What U Eat: Fast, Cheap, and Easy

BDV

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BDV

So what happened to all the zombie shirts that we were expecting? It's not that the other shirts are disappointing, it's just that we've had zombie shirts from the beginning. It seems so odd without them.

snarkygal

derekfilley wrote:I was a foreign exchange student one summer in high school with the jungle people of King Kong island.

hee hee hee cute ;-)

shinratype26

BDV wrote:So what happened to all the zombie shirts that we were expecting? It's not that the other shirts are disappointing, it's just that we've had zombie shirts from the beginning. It seems so odd without them.

give us a week or two to recoop from halloween

Polygon89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Polygon89

the portal style 'the cake is a liar' design is epic.

melodywhore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melodywhore
derekfilley wrote:I bet he'd do better if he wasn't a butthead in the forums each derby.

(He's a pretty good designer, but at this point the last thing I personally would like to see would be a 'damien' win. We dont need another 'Cho' situation.

what, you have to be a humble ass-kisser in order to win a derby here? please.

my woot list:
6/20/07 - Refurbished Ear Wax Collector
7/16/07 - Shiny 8.1 MP Samsung Digimax
5/28/08 - (2) 2GB MicroSD inflanagastion chamber
11/20/08 - three false sense of security ipod locks
4/9/09 - apple 8GB 4th gen ipod nano (black)

melodywhore

damiendone wrote:This is an official plea for votes.
I'd like to not be fourth/fifth for a change.

Please either:
• Do what you can to help me out
• Make sure I'm in (at most) 28th place next week, as this heartbreak is too much to bear

Thank you.

and this is an official denial of votes. :]

my woot list:

Wobblytoddles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wobblytoddles
Josephus wrote:Thanks a lot.
I just wish that Wobblytoddles had posted
Predators Need Health Food Too on Friday afternoon instead of Sunday night. I might have had a chance...

without it, I never would have made mine.

yeah, well, I wish I had posted it earlier with a rabbit in it snort!

theonlybap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theonlybap

Damiendone seems pretty desperate -- isn't somebody going to help that poor man? Initiating diffusion of responsibility in T minus 3...2...1... Not it!

Anyway, I love the Illithid...just because I'm a nerd.

Also, check out my latest design: Mama Knows Best! I don't know why I designed this, honestly...I wasn't even thinking about what I was doing when I was making it. It is what it is -- there isn't a specific meaning, no clever pun or euphemism. Take from it what you will, so long as you EAT MY APPLES!

2 Chimpanzee Robusto; 1 Sea Chimp; 1 Camisa de los Muertos; 1 Random Shirt; 1 Xmas is Ribs; 1 Know When to Fold; 1 Faders and Meters; 1 Oh Burned!!!; 1 Left Brain vs Right Brain; 1 Maximo iMetal Stereo Earbuds; 1 Everglide S-500 Professional Gaming Headphones; 1 Sandisk Sansa e260 4GB Media Player; 3 Cube Memory 2GB MicroSD Card with SD Adaptor; Maxell DHP-II Digital Headphones

Josephus

The ones on the Lost Continent are stringier- I think its because their diet has less fruit there- more bamboo.

madtoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madtoon

Apples! Apples! Everywhere there are Apples! I thought I'd do this one to pay tribute to the Apple.

janaknowles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janaknowles

Then i guess everone needs to get out there and vote for it...

*****cheap plug i know...but there's no such thing as bad publicity right!****

Bryan818

can i plug Take out anyone?? again yet or is this too soon... im suprised i havent seen any usb shirts in a while... or ninjas

Please check it out

shinratype26

Bryan818 wrote:can i plug Take out anyone?? again yet or is this too soon... im suprised i havent seen any usb shirts in a while... or ninjas

You don't need to plug too much to win.
Remember when my design won? I plugged it so little, that no one even remembers it.

Actually, I've never won. But I have plugged too much, so take my word for it. Come in here and comment about others' designs, tell a joke, make a photoshop, ask me how my day was. Then plug. It's all good.

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
Josephus wrote:The ones on the Lost Continent are stringier- I think its because their diet has less fruit there- more bamboo.

Man, all the stegasaurus I've ever tried was so tough it was practically fossilized. I would love to try it fresher.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

melodywhore

Pyrin wrote:Finally pulled one together. I just could not think of anything for this derby. x.x

Tofu Menagerie

that's clever.

my woot list:

gregthomas77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gregthomas77

Here are my entries:

Everyone Worries about Nutrition:

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=4966

I Love Bacon Strips:

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=4969

What do you think?

snarkygal

Ok this is getting ridiculous...one of the colored pencil drawings by HeatherPickens has 6 votes now...where are the rejectorators?

Bryan818

shinratype26 wrote:You don't need to plug too much to win.
Remember when my design won? I plugged it so little, that no one even remembers it.

Actually, I've never won. But I have plugged too much, so take my word for it. Come in here and comment about others' designs, tell a joke, make a photoshop, ask me how my day was. Then plug. It's all good.

well then i really like your shirt its quite nice thanks for the advice and the cheap easy frozen banana stick is hard to read i think u should fix that

Please check it out

shinratype26

Bryan818 wrote:well then i really like your shirt its quite nice thanks for the advice and the cheap easy frozen banana stick is hard to read i think u should fix that

*ahem*

"This forum is your forum,
This forum is my forum,
From the world of woot shirts
to the everything but woot forum..."

I don't even have an entry this week.

wooterer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooterer

Vote for my International Flavor!

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5

how is everyone getting pictures from their submissions on the forum. blahhhhhhhhh.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

shinratype26

TAYLORT5 wrote:how is everyone getting pictures from their submissions on the forum. blahhhhhhhhh.

Get a photobucket or something of the like and post from there...

theonlybap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theonlybap

[img.] >>put the url to your image hither<< [/img] (remove the "." in the first [img])

Do you guys think my design would just be better without Mama in it? I think it might be more open to perverted interpretations then, though...

2 Chimpanzee Robusto; 1 Sea Chimp; 1 Camisa de los Muertos; 1 Random Shirt; 1 Xmas is Ribs; 1 Know When to Fold; 1 Faders and Meters; 1 Oh Burned!!!; 1 Left Brain vs Right Brain; 1 Maximo iMetal Stereo Earbuds; 1 Everglide S-500 Professional Gaming Headphones; 1 Sandisk Sansa e260 4GB Media Player; 3 Cube Memory 2GB MicroSD Card with SD Adaptor; Maxell DHP-II Digital Headphones