snarkygal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
Pensketch wrote:Although, if they'd had the derby last week there's still a good chance that people would have had to shell out the extra $5 to be sure to get it by Halloween. It would really suck to gamble on SmartPost and have your shirt arrive a day or two late.

I'm sorry you missed getting my shirt, and was actually shocked as hell when I woke up and my girlfriend told me it had sold out. I was convinced it would sell under 500.

You underestimate your Woot fanbase and generally the zombie fanbase L O L. And as I have stated before, SmartPost has been pretty ok for me...generally 11 days or so.

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
snarkygal wrote:But what quality tee does Goodstorm use? Are they American Apparel shirts?

All the men's and women's fashion fitted shirts are american apparel, but they also have Anvil, Fruit of the Loom, and Gilden tees. They offer youth shirts, and different colors too.

Also they use digital printing instead of screen printing. So always wash inside out and line dry.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

kenney9226

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226
Josephus wrote:ooh!
does it have a big puckerin' pair of lips?
got my vote!

Thanks, you'd be surprised how that pucker limits my ability to remain on theme.

skinfusionz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skinfusionz

Well, I was going to jump into the woot shirt arena, but my copy of illustrator won't open the template properly, too old - version 12.0.0

EDIT
Nevermind, I'm an indigenous pigeon - zoom out, select all.

snarkygal

skinfusionz wrote:Well, I was going to jump into the woot shirt arena, but my copy of illustrator won't open the template properly, too old - version 12.0.0

EDIT
Nevermind, I'm an indigenous pigeon - zoom out, select all.

L O L Woot's filters crack me up...indigenous pigeon for I d i o t <snort>

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
kenney9226 wrote:Thanks, you'd be surprised how that pucker limits my ability to remain on theme.

"One mile to every inch of
Your skin like porcelain
One pair of candy lips and
Your bubblegum tongue

Your body Is a wonderland
Your body is a wonder (I'll use my hands)
Your body Is a wonderland"

BDV

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BDV
no1 wrote:"One mile to every inch of
Your skin like porcelain
One pair of candy lips and
Your bubblegum tongue

Your body Is a wonderland
Your body is a wonder (I'll use my hands)
Your body Is a wonderland"

That, tied together with the Pucker image in my head, is REALLY disturbing.

hmmxkrazee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmmxkrazee

I have a question about colors. Is the shirt color considered one of the 6 colors you're allowed? Or is it 6 colors + shirt color?

SwiftD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SwiftD

How about Evolution of Mcdonalds starting with a skinny fit person of the 1950's to a huge grease soaked big mac addict of the 2000's

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
BDV wrote:That, tied together with the Pucker image in my head, is REALLY disturbing.

Then I have succeeded in my mission.

dblade19

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dblade19

i think I have an idea but it will be tough

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley

Check out my blog:Here!

derekfilley

hmmxkrazee wrote:I have a question about colors. Is the shirt color considered one of the 6 colors you're allowed? Or is it 6 colors + shirt color?

if you use the shirt color in your design, you're actually not using any ink where that color is, right? ;-)

No, shirt color does not count against your 6 color total.

hlink

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hlink

Here's my idea, titled "An Apple A Day..."

If anyone has any suggestions of things I should add (or take away) please do share. I'm at somewhat of a mental block right now because I've been studying for a Calc final in between this and the woot off.

Update: here it is in the derby:
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=4623

derekfilley

hlink wrote:Here's my idea, titled "An Apple A Day..."
*IMG*If anyone has any suggestions of things I should add (or take away) please do share.

Check your shadows, they dont jive. You might want to throw in some basic depth for the building, it looks pretty dang 2d now. The match/torch looks weird, make the flame bigger and perhaps have the apple holding it away from him to the left as opposed to next to himself.

The idea is funny, but without the context, I don't know if I personally would have "gotten it", so keep that in mind.

hmmxkrazee

derekfilley wrote:if you use the shirt color in your design, you're actually not using any ink where that color is, right? ;-)

No, shirt color does not count against your 6 color total.

Hehe. Thanks for the reply.

derekfilley

hmmxkrazee wrote:Hehe. Thanks for the reply.

No prob,

white and black do count, so be careful.

spunkmonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spunkmonkey

Soylent Green is Peeeeeeopllllle!!!!

savv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages savv

new to woot. just bought my first shirt earlier this week. here is my first attempt. thinking about putting the image on the stomach area of the shirt.

imcompa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imcompa
savv wrote:new to woot. just bought my first shirt earlier this week. here is my first attempt. thinking about putting the image on the stomach area of the shirt.

was waiting for caffine-themed shirts too

oh and stomach = awffulllll idea. Atleast from what've I've heard on the forums. Some people don't want to bring attention to their bellies.

hlink

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm making edits and I'll probably post it again before the derby opens.

Pyrin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pyrin
imcompa wrote:oh and stomach = awffulllll idea. Atleast from what've I've heard on the forums. Some people don't want to bring attention to their bellies.

Agreed. I would put it over the heart, myself. I love the illustration, though- laughed right out when I first saw it.

savv

imcompa wrote:was waiting for caffine-themed shirts too

oh and stomach = awffulllll idea. Atleast from what've I've heard on the forums. Some people don't want to bring attention to their bellies.

thanks. good to know. i'll move it up higher.

snarkygal

savv wrote:new to woot. just bought my first shirt earlier this week. here is my first attempt. thinking about putting the image on the stomach area of the shirt.

what is that supposed to be? I have absolutely no idea. Also, stomach area is not a good idea.

derekfilley

spunkmonkey wrote:Soylent Green is Peeeeeeopllllle!!!!

hilarious.

hmmxkrazee

Just curious but how popular are white t-shirts? I've read a couple posts saying that Woot doesn't like white shirts or that they're extremely rare. I'd like to make my shirt white but not if it's not a popular choice. :D

Edit: Nevermind. I read derek's reply that white IS a color. So that means if I make my shirt white, that counts and I can only have 5 other colors?

savv

snarkygal wrote:what is that supposed to be? I have absolutely no idea. Also, stomach area is not a good idea.

its a car fuel door:

and most of the time it will say what type of fuel the car takes (premium unleaded)

Pyrin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pyrin
hmmxkrazee wrote:Just curious but how popular are white t-shirts? I've read a couple posts saying that Woot doesn't like white shirts or that they're extremely rare. I'd like to make my shirt white but not if it's not a popular choice. :D

Edit: Nevermind. I read derek's reply that white IS a color. So that means if I make my shirt white, that counts and I can only have 5 other colors?

Nono, if your shirt is white, white does not count against your color quota. Same with black on black shirts. Shirt color does not count. It's just that some people use black and white on other colored shirts, not realizing they count as "colors." If they are applied as ink, then they are a color. :3

Can't tell you whether or not a white shirt is a good idea, though. I guess they're not too popular, but if the design is good enough, even a white shirt can make it.

jpolson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpolson
hmmxkrazee wrote:Just curious but how popular are white t-shirts? I've read a couple posts saying that Woot doesn't like white shirts or that they're extremely rare. I'd like to make my shirt white but not if it's not a popular choice. :D

FWIW, I don't like to wear white t-shirts.

The shirt color doesn't count. If you do a white shirt then white doesn't count as one of the colors, but if you do another color shirt then white does count.

derekfilley

Wooters tend to be messy eaters (no joke!) Many have been very vocally against white shirts because of this.

hlink

Alright, first update. It's great to get feedback from people who actually buy the shirts.

I think the repositioning of the apple makes it look like the building has a little more depth. I'm afraid to change too much because then the apple might look bad.

derekfilley

hlink wrote:Alright, first update. It's great to get feedback from people who actually buy the shirts.

*img*

I think the repositioning of the apple makes it look like the building has a little more depth. I'm afraid to change too much because then the apple might look bad.

Presumably the light source is the burning hospital, so you might want to change that apple's shadow again ;-)

Woot voters probably wont notice though, no one said anything this week about my Angst*o*lantern's faulty shadow.

AlexIAm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm

>Fuel Door Image<

I might as well just give up now... I still don't have a clue what to do and things like this are already being posted!

>insert funny quote here<

emerica

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emerica

But boobies ARE good!! Proof:
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4161/is_20000611/ai_n14504639

erll, i'm ogg yo trsf snf dlrrp

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
emerica wrote:But boobies ARE good!! Proof:
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4161/is_20000611/ai_n14504639

But they're not, in the strictest sense, nutritious. Unless you're a baby.

princessproton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages princessproton
AdderXYU wrote:But they're not, in the strictest sense, nutritious. Unless you're a baby.

Or you have a certain fetish.

Edited to remove judgment...

USE YOUR BRAIN. There are zombies that go without.

emerica

AdderXYU wrote:But they're not, in the strictest sense, nutritious. Unless you're a baby.

"An Apple a day keeps the doctor away"
"An eyeful a day keeps the doctor away"
By the property of substitution...
Apple = Eyeful
Which by the Transitive property
Apples = Nutritious
Eyeful = Nutritious
And since Apples = Eyeful, They're both nutritious.

princessproton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages princessproton
emerica wrote:"An Apple a day keeps the doctor away"
Apple = Eyeful
Apples = Nutritious
Eyeful = Nutritious

Please never go into science or medicine. Have you considered politics?

USE YOUR BRAIN. There are zombies that go without.

emerica

princessproton wrote:Please never go into science or medicine. Have you considered politics?

Not planning on it.. more math related.. epic lulz!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
emerica wrote:"An Apple a day keeps the doctor away"
Apple = Eyeful
Apples = Nutritious
Eyeful = Nutritious

Health and nutrition are similar but not equal. Much as apples and oranges are both fruits, but very different ones... an orange pie would just be weird.