AlexIAm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm
derekfilley wrote:The man has a point. The PC patrol needs to call off their dogs ;-)

Don't you mean call off their cats?

>insert funny quote here<

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818

Thank you Damein for coming to my defence, you have managed to suppress any future damage to self inflicted...

althooO most of my takeout comes in plastic these days

Please check it out

melodywhore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melodywhore
Lyzdog wrote:It was either this or the "Your Mom Should Have Swallowed" Shirt

didn't someone post a photo of a large man wearing this 'i beat anorexia' shirt meaning that it's already out there somewhere in cyber or non-cyber space? nice job. think it's time to remove the ad for your 12th derby design? maybe? perhaps?

my woot list:
6/20/07 - Refurbished Ear Wax Collector
7/16/07 - Shiny 8.1 MP Samsung Digimax
5/28/08 - (2) 2GB MicroSD inflanagastion chamber
11/20/08 - three false sense of security ipod locks
4/9/09 - apple 8GB 4th gen ipod nano (black)

ElectricFever

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ElectricFever

I actually like graphic tees. Mostly I would like to spend my $10 on a well made design rather than just a shirt with just text on it. I feel it’s a bargain to get great art on a shirt for so cheap. I can get a marker and write on a shirt anytime.

NOT in anyway saying that the text shirts aren't original or creative. I would just want something more, you know?

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
derekfilley wrote:The man has a point. The PC patrol needs to call off their dogs ;-)

ooh! I have an idea for a shirt...
lets see, I need to be able to draw one of those take-out boxes, and to get a good puppy picture (maybe I could use a stuffed puppy) to draw from...

oh yeah, I CAN do this.

taurusmoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taurusmoon
cjupiter wrote:I love this one! There are a few people who would get this as a Christmas gift if it makes it... same with my other favorite, "CAFFIEND" which I desperately want for my sister and stepmom. Only one of them will get the double entendre... heh. Hi Mom!

Thanks for the Caffiend support. It may wind up being sold at some point, but, alas, not in time for Christmas.

May I suggest a Starbucks gift certificate instead? ;-)

Bryan818

taurusmoon wrote:Thanks for the Caffiend support. It may wind up being sold at some point, but, alas, not in time for Christmas.

May I suggest a Starbucks gift certificate instead? ;-)

caffeined is good but i dont think its derbie winning good... look at the top contenders, the competition is FIERCE

Please check it out

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Josephus wrote:ooh! I have an idea for a shirt...
lets see, I need to be able to draw one of those take-out boxes, and to get a good puppy picture (maybe I could use a stuffed puppy) to draw from...

oh yeah, I CAN do this.

Lighter

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Lighter
melodywhore wrote:didn't someone post a photo of a large man wearing this 'i beat anorexia' shirt meaning that it's already out there somewhere in cyber or non-cyber space? nice job. think it's time to remove the ad for your 12th derby design? maybe? perhaps?

You mean this one? http://snaps.snapsoid.com/~ultra-fat-man_i-beat-anorexia_t-shirt If you do a google image search on the phrase you will find many, many shirts with that slogan.

Bryan818

no1 wrote:

why is everyone killin my design????

Please check it out

taurusmoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taurusmoon
Bryan818 wrote:caffeined is good but i dont think its derbie winning good... look at the top contenders, the competition is FIERCE

And your point is....?

no1

Bryan818 wrote:why is everyone killin my design????

pfffft. It's not about your design any more, it's about an opportunity to abuse wootstaff.

Bryan818

taurusmoon wrote:And your point is....?

good question.. i dunno i'm sorry im just frustrated my shirt isn't getting quite as many votes as some of the others..

plus i just don't get why certain shirts are getting votes especially the ones people admit they wont wear

i guess the ultimate woot shirt would be a
ninja pirate monkey fighting a penguin in supermario land on a dinosaur, while drinking coffee and listening to music while saying something funny like an inside joke about a great video game that just came out. and zombies dancing in the background ...cant forget them

Please check it out

Bryan818

no1 wrote:pfffft. It's not about your design any more, it's about an opportunity to abuse wootstaff.

sweet... thats always funny

Please check it out

no1

Bryan818 wrote:good question.. i dunno i'm sorry im just frustrated my shirt isn't getting quite as many votes as some of the others..

plus i just don't get why certain shirts are getting votes especially the ones people admit they wont wear

i guess the ultimate woot shirt would be a
ninja pirate monkey fighting a penguin in supermario land on a dinosaur, while drinking coffee and listening to music while saying something funny like an inside joke about a great video game that just came out. and zombies dancing in the background ...cant forget them

I can't believe you left out PUCKER!

Bryan818

no1 wrote:I can't believe you left out PUCKER!

oh yes.. can't forget pucker hovering above all the action

ok time to peice together the costume please vote for TAKE OUT while i'm gone...

and scurvy

and space milk

and the other 31 infront of me...

Please check it out

sayah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sayah
Pensketch wrote:Well, if it ever is somewhere else, let me know.

I doubt you mean my Fish one....Eat Fish

But if you do, Thanks! If not, I will just stop reading posts and pretend like you meant me

sayah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sayah
jpolson wrote:Am I the only one who thinks this is the absolute best entry?

Probably - It would have been better with chopsticks though...imho

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
tgentry wrote:Thanks Pensketch. I don't see any forthcoming boosts, so it will probably be the blob shirt that never was.

There is a guaranteed $10-$15 bucks with your name on it if it ever shows up for sale anywhere. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would guarantee this.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
Bryan818 wrote:good question.. i dunno i'm sorry im just frustrated my shirt isn't getting quite as many votes as some of the others..

Reasons other shirts might be doing better:

1) They use a shirt color Woot actually has (your shirt appears to use khaki, which is not an option)

2) Other shirts are less likely to be construed as racist (Asians eat cats?) or cruel (Cats?). While your intention isn't to be either of those, it's not exactly a reach to see that, either.

Your shirt is okay. It's not the best (er, neither are mine), and it's not the worst. Since Woot's voting is chaotic, scores don't always reflect what the best shirts actually are (otherwise tgentry would be solidly in first). If you are the type of person who takes this personally and posts multiple times per page about how your design is being robbed of votes, then the derby might not be for you.

You cannot predict the Derby. It is a mystery wrapped in an enigma protected by an angry crab.

AlexIAm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm
geekfactor12 wrote:Reasons other shirts might be doing better:

1) They use a shirt color Woot actually has (your shirt appears to use khaki, which is not an option)

Actually there is... they call it creme... pms 482, which in my book is more of a tan.

>insert funny quote here<

geekfactor12

AlexIAm wrote:Actually there is... they call it creme... pms 482, which in my book is more of a tan.

Dude, cream looks nothing like the color he's using. If they provided a swatch that dark, they're way wrong- it's practically off-white.

Here's the shade Woot used on a recent creme tee: click here. Much lighter and brighter, not really close to being the same color to my eye.

Bryan818

i see your point but im not really complaining as of now just tryin to squeez as many votes as i can i undestand the derby is unpredictable, i just get confused as to how fickle it can me... im good now

i think ive apologize for being a pest enough.. altho without people like me we'd have to find something better to do. not that, that would be hard but you get it

Please check it out

InitialSam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InitialSam

I can't believe some of this stuff has 100+ votes...

princessproton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages princessproton
geekfactor12 wrote:Dude, cream looks nothing like the color he's using. If they provided a swatch that dark, they're way wrong- it's practically off-white.

Here's the shade Woot used on a recent creme tee: click here. Much lighter and brighter, not really close to being the same color to my eye.

The representation of creme that Woot uses doesn't look at all like the creme I got on my Panda Polo shirt. The picture is a lot lighter/pinker than the actual shirt, which is closer to a yellowish fleshy color/light tan/khaki. I don't know if it's my monitor or what, but the template they use is not representative of the actual AA creme color to me.

The closest thing to the real color that I can find on this site the way my monitor is calibrated is the "newer", "older", "higher", etc. button backgrounds on upper right of the large shirt views. Is my monitor totally wacko?

USE YOUR BRAIN. There are zombies that go without.

shinratype26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shinratype26
princessproton wrote:The representation of creme that Woot uses doesn't look at all like the creme I got on my Panda Polo shirt. The picture is a lot lighter/pinker than the actual shirt, which is closer to a yellowish fleshy color/light tan/khaki. I don't know if it's my monitor or what, but the template they use is not representative of the actual AA creme color to me.

The closest thing to the real color that I can find on this site the way my monitor is calibrated is the "newer", "older", "higher", etc. button backgrounds on upper right of the large shirt views. Is my monitor totally wacko?

As for what I have seen with the cream shirts my friend has got from woot (at least 3), they have been near spot on to the color featured in the shirt comp template (and everything else woot provides). Maybe my monitor is fritzing out to the point of coincidentally representing the right color...

Josephus

no1 wrote:

thanks, no1!

I did mean to have something cute in the box, not something like...that.

maybe bravewoman? or hasselhoff?

geekfactor12

This image is direct from the American Apparel website, so it's probably the most accurate representation of the Cream color that we're likely to get:

If it looks different on the screen than the shirt you have does, then your monitor could probably use some calibrating.

briannyc128

quality posts: 0 Private Messages briannyc128

Hey Kids! Do you want to be as cool as Chuckie Cheese? All you have to do is cast your vote for Powered By Cheese! There's only about 40 hours left, so vote now, and tell your friends! After all, what's cooler than an adult getting paid minimum wage to wear a giant animal head around?*

*I can attest to this, as I occasionally donned a Geoffry the Giraffe costume during the dark days of putting myself through college.

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5

one last one before work.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

no1

Josephus wrote:thanks, no1!

I did mean to have something cute in the box, not something like...that.

maybe bravewoman? or hasselhoff?

Smaller, cuter pic.

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5

SHE!! likes My shirt ^^.hubba hubba hubba!

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

zewkin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zewkin
NickCatal wrote:Whoever did this:

Should resubmit it. My large intestine is after my small intestine last time I checked. I don't know about the rest of you.

Oh, and vote 'the cake is a liar'

Well, apparently you haven't seen my insides. Heh! Oops...eh, kinda late to fix and resubmit so I just removed it. It was just a silly doodle entry anyways.... d-;

I woke up next to a dead clown! sucks )-: I need to spend more time proofing!

Bryan818

no1 wrote:Smaller, cuter pic.

Go Smelly cat GOOOO pic up some speed! lets pull out a last minute victory!!

when i say victory i mean like 12th place (i'm optomistic but i dunno about miracles)

Please check it out

fosho4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fosho4
briannyc128 wrote:

Hey Kids! Do you want to be as cool as Chuckie Cheese? All you have to do is cast your vote for Powered By Cheese! There's only about 40 hours left, so vote now, and tell your friends! After all, what's cooler than an adult getting paid minimum wage to wear a giant animal head around?*

*I can attest to this, as I occasionally donned a Geoffry the Giraffe costume during the dark days of putting myself through college.

Haha.
At least you made a funny self advertising plug.
I like it.

briannyc128

quality posts: 0 Private Messages briannyc128
fosho4 wrote:Haha.
At least you made a funny self advertising plug.
I like it.

There's no humor like self-deprecating humor!

fosho4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fosho4
briannyc128 wrote:There's no humor like self-deprecating humor!

fosho.

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
Wangus8 wrote:Say No To Scurvy by fablefire: Dammit. I seem to be damning fablefire a lot, but its not my fault he/she is so unfairly talented. The style and humor always resonates with what I like, and I’m even (gasp) accepting of words in fablefire’s designs. I mean, it’s an orange! In a pirate outfit! How am I supposed to resist this? It’s clever and clean and I pretty much just stupidly love it. One caveat? There were some concerns with the size of the design, and while woot will likely just scrunch/crop the image, I’d beware of how it turns out. I’d hope that they’d contact fablefire first so he/she can work something out with them rather they just making some messed up executive decision.
Verdict: I’m hooked (yarr).

Thanks Wangus8! I think I might have to just cross my fingers on the sizing if it wins. Actually... I really can't imagine what they could rationally do to it that would upset me.

Josephus

no1 wrote:Smaller, cuter pic.

more like this, I think.