janaknowles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janaknowles
malyel wrote:Because I am a moron and in my rush to get it up I put Carrorts instead of Carrots. Doh. I'll do beater next week. oops better next week.

At least you can admit your faults!! (jk )

AlexIAm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm
taurusmoon wrote:I don't know how many professional designers are out there, but I feel compelled to share this link with those of you who would appreciate it:

http://www.makemylogobiggercream.com/

It had me howling this morning when I saw it.

Bwahahaha! My client LOVES starburst dust!

>insert funny quote here<

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
taurusmoon wrote:I don't know how many professional designers are out there, but I feel compelled to share this link with those of you who would appreciate it:

hilarious.

Check out my blog:Here!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Some of us don't need those products. It's just comes natural...

itsoinky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages itsoinky
Phishisgr8 wrote:More votes for the Hot Doggie!

I love this color, and the graphic is tight, neatly drawn, and well centered. Hopefully ITSOINKY will be printing these, regardless of finish!!

thank you thank you!
i'll let you know when i get these printed... =)

madtoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madtoon

Let gets some votes for Eating Healthy http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=4681 and BUMMER http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=4622. Get them back in the FOG!!

malyel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages malyel

Since my Red Rings of Death design has not gotten one vote I figure I will explain my design.

The Xbox 360 has an unbelievable system failure rate. Once the system dies the only indication that your system is toast are 3 red lights that show up on the unit. The t-shirt design features that same pattern with a heart in the middle. Come on folks, that's good stuff.

Now that should be worth a vote or two from the video game woot followers? anyone...

Oh well

Pensketch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pensketch
taurusmoon wrote:...It had me howling this morning when I saw it.

Oh lord that was funny. Long, but funny.

chivagris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chivagris

the only ones i like at all have almost no votes. the top ranking ones suck ass, come on people vote better.

JCBarry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JCBarry
Pensketch wrote:Oh lord that was funny. Long, but funny.

lmao.

JCBarry

malyel wrote:Since my Red Rings of Death design has not gotten one vote I figure I will explain my design.

The Xbox 360 has an unbelievable system failure rate. Once the system dies the only indication that your system is toast are 3 red lights that show up on the unit. The t-shirt design features that same pattern with a heart in the middle. Come on folks, that's good stuff.

Now that should be worth a vote or two from the video game woot followers? anyone...

Oh well
...images...

The copy on this shirt isn't clever enough to garner a vote. However, I agree that the concept is funny. I think its been said time and time again on this forum that the images should speak for themselves, so words shouldn't be necessary.

JCBarry

madtoon wrote:Let gets some votes for Eating Healthy http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=4681 and BUMMER http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=4622. Get them back in the FOG!!

I really like your illustrative style madtoon, 3 out 4 shirts got my vote.

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
chivagris wrote:the only ones i like at all have almost no votes. the top ranking ones suck ass, come on people vote better.

my computer only lest me reply to the messages it wants to pick at random

that make my logo bigger cream was great i needed a smile.
is it to late to take back my design?

if i'm not winning why let them keep the rights for the next 60 days?

Please check it out

JCBarry

Bryan818 wrote:my computer only lest me reply to the messages it wants to pick at random

You have to login before allowing you to reply. Otherwise, it won't quote the other post.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
Bryan818 wrote:is it to late to take back my design?

Once you submit, you give them the rights to your work for 60 days whether you remove your entry or not. It really doesn't matter how long it's up for voting.

Use the sixty days to listen to the feedback you got here and improve your design. Then, in 60 days you'll have an even nicer shirt to sell.

madtoon

JCBarry wrote:I really like your illustrative style madtoon, 3 out 4 shirts got my vote.

Thanks!!!! :o)

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5

As per usual. my good Entry is late no one will vote for it. but have a look maybe i can go above 27 this time.? no?...ok then, thanks.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
tgentry wrote:Thanks! I wish it had done better as well, but what can you do?

so, TG, I was wondering how he was able to suck the milk out of that container?
-if the container is flexible enough that his mouth suck pressure can pull the milk out of it, and its connected to him inside his suit at atmospheric pressure, wouldn't it just expand and burst open, flinging little frozen globs of milk all over the outer space? and then the remaining hole would explosively depressurize him?
-I know I'm overanalyzing it, ;^) but at this point it can't hurt- publicity is publicity, right?
-probably I'm missing something obvious...

janaknowles

Josephus wrote:so, TG, I was wondering how he was able to suck the milk out of that container?
-if the container is flexible enough that his mouth suck pressure can pull the milk out of it, and its connected to him inside his suit at atmospheric pressure, wouldn't it just expand and burst open, flinging little frozen globs of milk all over the outer space? and then the remaining hole would explosively depressurize him?
-I know I'm overanalyzing it, ;^) but at this point it can't hurt- publicity is publicity, right?

Maybe TG should have gone with something like this...

Tea at 0 G

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

"Cigarettes in Space?"

"It's the final frontier."

"But wouldn't they blow up in an all oxygen environment?"

"Probably. But it's an easy fix. One line of dialogue. 'Thank God we invented the... you know, whatever device."

Thank God we invented the zero-G milk pumping device.

janaknowles

tgentry wrote:"Cigarettes in Space?"

"Probably. But it's an easy fix. One line of dialogue. 'Thank God we invented the... you know, whatever device."

Perhaps a working prototype would be a breast pump!!!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Josephus wrote:so, TG, I was wondering how he was able to suck the milk out of that container?

TomBates

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TomBates

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=4997

Just incase there are any fans out there of long, drawn-out, pointless descriptions of t-shirts which creation methods are obvious…
I started by picking up a pencil and sharpening it slightly. After that was prepared, I opened a notebook. I touched the graphite end of the pencil to the paper in the notebook and moved my hand around. I did this until I had some sketches of figures with both pig and cow characteristics. When I had a page or so full I took the notebook over to my scanner. I opened the lid and sat the book on the glass. I had an itch while waiting for the scanner to turn on, so I scratched it. Once the scanner was on, I imported the image into illustrator. I clicked on the pen tool and began tracing over areas of my sketch. I drew shapes and lines until I had a completed Cow-Pig with a very provocative look on its face. Then I opened 2 documents in photoshop of the sizes woot specified for submissions. I arranged the cow-pig and a blue shirt from the woot template in one of these new documents and just the cow-pig in the other. After that, I went to shirt.woot.com and clicked on the link to submit entries. I filled in all of the required information and clicked submit.

There you have it. Just in case any of you couldn’t plainly tell how it was created, there it all is in boring detail.

no1

Dr. J, "flexible" doesn't have to mean "balloon-like." Those Mylar (or whatever) drink bags are flexible but don't stretch much.

JCBarry

tgentry wrote:"Cigarettes in Space?"

The writing in that movie (Thank you For Smoking) is phenomenal. Nice response.

lmao at No1's response.

no1

TomBates wrote:I touched ... and moved my hand around.

TMI, Mr. Bates.

condemnedstickman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages condemnedstickman

Mmm... monster...

Bryan818

thanks geekfactor... what do you think needs improving?

by the way having an apple with glasses speaking in formula in your sig makes your advice seem that much more credible...

AAnd i'm writing from my work computer which is on a network, and i have to click on a million different replies in order to post, add coment doesnt usually work either. Sometimes signing out and back in works but not always ... any advice? anyone?

Please check it out

BentoBoxx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BentoBoxx
Bryan818 wrote:my computer only lest me reply to the messages it wants to pick at random

Bryan818...LOVE the shirt! I voted...I hope you didnt enter to late to make the fog, cause I'd wear this puppy.....uh...kitty...uh....Lunch???

Roger says WOOT!

BentoBoxx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BentoBoxx
madtoon wrote:Thanks!!!! :o)

I voted for the bad eggs! Its great, but ya couldn't fit a dozen on the shirt??

Roger says WOOT!

janaknowles

you know...i'm really suprised that there havent been more recjections this time around....this is the first derby that i have actually entered. but i have been lurking for at least three. based on my observations, the "rejectionators" (as i have seen them called) are either sleeping on the job or they have all been marooned on an island with no wifi! what gives.

fackoph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fackoph

Inspired by damiendone and Josephus here are my favorite non-fog shirts...

Happy Halloween...

Bryan818

fackoph wrote:Inspired by damiendone and Josephus here are my favorite non-fog shirts...

Happy Halloween...

thats fkn awesome

Please check it out

briannyc128

quality posts: 0 Private Messages briannyc128

As we're nearing the end of the contest, I thought I'd put a last ditch image/link of my shirt in for vote linkage as seems at least somewhat customary with contenders. Hopefully this isn't too spamful for anyone's liking.

Thanks to everyone who voted or had nice stuff to say about my shirt this week. You guys all get ranked as 8 out of 8 on the coolness cheese meter in my book.

Last time I'll cram this cheese down your throat (heh)...

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
TomBates wrote:

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=4997

Just incase there are any fans out there of long, drawn-out, pointless descriptions of t-shirts which creation methods are obvious…
I started by picking up a pencil and sharpening it slightly. After that was prepared, I opened a notebook. I touched the graphite end of the pencil to the paper in the notebook and moved my hand around. I did this until I had some sketches of figures with both pig and cow characteristics. When I had a page or so full I took the notebook over to my scanner. I opened the lid and sat the book on the glass. I had an itch while waiting for the scanner to turn on, so I scratched it. Once the scanner was on, I imported the image into illustrator. I clicked on the pen tool and began tracing over areas of my sketch. I drew shapes and lines until I had a completed Cow-Pig with a very provocative look on its face. Then I opened 2 documents in photoshop of the sizes woot specified for submissions. I arranged the cow-pig and a blue shirt from the woot template in one of these new documents and just the cow-pig in the other. After that, I went to shirt.woot.com and clicked on the link to submit entries. I filled in all of the required information and clicked submit.

There you have it. Just in case any of you couldn’t plainly tell how it was created, there it all is in boring detail.

snarkygal

Bryan818 wrote:thanks geekfactor... what do you think needs improving?

by the way having an apple with glasses speaking in formula in your sig makes your advice seem that much more credible...

AAnd i'm writing from my work computer which is on a network, and i have to click on a million different replies in order to post, add coment doesnt usually work either. Sometimes signing out and back in works but not always ... any advice? anyone?

It's telling you to get back to work hehehehe

snarkygal

fackoph wrote:Inspired by damiendone and Josephus here are my favorite non-fog shirts...

Happy Halloween...

that's great!

itsoinky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages itsoinky

Happy Halloween...

haha, thanks a bunches!
kinda ironic that a dog would wear a hotdog shirt... snort!.. =)

madtoon

BentoBoxx wrote:I voted for the bad eggs! Its great, but ya couldn't fit a dozen on the shirt??

Sorry got Hungry and ate 2!!

justann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justann
itsoinky wrote:haha, thanks a bunches!
kinda ironic that a dog would wear a hotdog shirt... snort!.. =)

The cat's wearing the cat shirt.
The man is wearing the man-eating blob shirt.
The robot is wearing the organic shirt.

I think perhaps fackoph put some thought into this, no? : )

Here's my first try using my tablet and Inkscape.