Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

I might just sell this shirt.
The other white meat.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
Josephus wrote:I might just sell this shirt.
The other white meat.

Very funny but if you're going for the puffaluff look I think they need thicker black outlines.

briannyc128

quality posts: 0 Private Messages briannyc128
The other white meat.

The other white fur you mean. We need discodancing to clarify whether puffaluffs are white meat / red meat I think. Regardless, I bet they're delicious. I'd fry 'em up and eat them like popcorn shrimp.

AlexIAm

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AlexIAm
The other white meat.

I bet if you talk to disco he'd put it on his store... long live the luffs! Well, I guess not that long...

>insert funny quote here<

Josephus

AlexIAm wrote:I bet if you talk to disco he'd put it on his store... long live the luffs! Well, I guess not that long...

Its a puffaluff poor- boy.

shan24

Josephus wrote:Its a puffaluff poor- boy.

How do you get them to sit still in the bread? hah

cwarrington

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwarrington

Volunteer Moderator

You know with only 6 rejected entries this derby, this has been the fewest amount of rejected entries for any derby so far... Well done derbyers, derbyiants, derbyians.... whatever...

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
cwarrington wrote:You know with only 6 rejected entries this derby, this has been the fewest amount of rejected entries for any derby so far... Well done derbyers, derbyiants, derbyians.... whatever...

If your vote count/order is correct, I'll be buying at least 3 shirts this weekend. :o

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

AlexIAm

cwarrington wrote:You know with only 6 rejected entries this derby, this has been the fewest amount of rejected entries for any derby so far... Well done derbyers, derbyiants, derbyians.... whatever...

I think the rejectorators got lazy this week... only rejected things for being offensive, not worrying about printability... best example... everything from heatherpickens submitted in crayon and marker.

shinratype26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shinratype26
cwarrington wrote:Well done derbyers, derbyiants, derbyians.... whatever...

I think it's "derbysmiths." Since we are in a complex craft, and all.

shinratype26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shinratype26

This Heather Pickens is quite a celebrity on the forums. But she doesn't post. Hmmm...

briannyc128

Hey cwarrington, I know you probably went over it by now, but what exactly goes into the vote calculations for the fogged entries? I'd be lying if I said my interest isn't especially piqued due to the standings this week, but I'm interested in the math of it, considering that (I think) all you have to go off of is the hotness box. If this was already explained, I'll surf some previous derby threads to check that out.

f4td4ddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages f4td4ddy
shinratype26 wrote:This Heather Pickens is quite a celebrity on the forums. But she doesn't post. Hmmm...

Maybe she's the alter ego of No1?

janaknowles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janaknowles
briannyc128 wrote:They will post it at noon (AZ time) today, when the current derby ends.

Just out of curiosity...Why AZ time?

gargrazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gargrazz
no1 wrote:Dr. J,
Urine is sterile,

Indeed it is! Vote for the shirt that helps tell the world!

(I couldn't help it.)

Josephus

Shan, thanks for the point about the line thickness.
Now, is the top sandwich more like the real puffaluffs, or the bottom sandwich?

heh. like they're real.

darthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r
janaknowles wrote:Just out of curiosity...Why AZ time?

actually it is technically CST because woots' headquarters are in TX. But it is also on Toon time which is whenever the hell he remembers

janaknowles

Josephus wrote:

heh. like they're real.

Is it me...or do they look like tribbles now?

janaknowles

darthv8r wrote:actually it is technically CST because woots' headquarters are in TX. But it is also on Toon time which is whenever the hell he remembers

Ah I see...and Toon is in AZ? that would explain it.

darthv8r

janaknowles wrote:Ah I see...and Toon is in AZ? that would explain it.

No st louis, I think he doesn't own a watch.....

Josephus

no, he's in St Louis. The web team is mostly in St Louis. I don't know where the AZ thing came from- maybe because a bunch of the shirt design entrants are from AZ.

and they do look like tribbles, though there were never any white tribbles. and they didn't have faces. the originals looked like tribbles too.

AlexIAm

Josephus wrote:

heh. like they're real.

Since they are on a sandwich and about to be eaten shouldn't their eyes be Xs?

janaknowles

AlexIAm wrote:Since they are on a sandwich and about to be eaten shouldn't their eyes be Xs?

and there mouths should be o's

cwarrington

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwarrington

Volunteer Moderator

briannyc128 wrote:Hey cwarrington, I know you probably went over it by now, but what exactly goes into the vote calculations for the fogged entries? I'd be lying if I said my interest isn't especially piqued due to the standings this week, but I'm interested in the math of it, considering that (I think) all you have to go off of is the hotness box. If this was already explained, I'll surf some previous derby threads to check that out.

It takes the votes per hour the entry had before it entered the fog, and then looking at the new hotness once every 3 hours using that to adjust the entry's VPH(votes per hour), using that to add to the last known votes it had based on how long it has been in the fog.

Example: 5 votes per hour and 2 hours in the fog, then the estimate should be 10 votes higher than the last known vote.

Since I can't adjust the vph if the entry isn't on the new hotness when I check it, I also use the highest possible vph it could receive and not be on the hotness. (the lowest hotness entry)

Then I also take all my past estimates and the actual votes they received from the past derbys and use that to lower my estimate based on how long the entry has been in the fog. The longer it has been fogged, the higher my estimate is, so the more I need to adjust it and lower it.

With my past estimates and knowing how much I was off in my estimate I am getting more and more accurate with each passing derby.

Jack31081

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jack31081

50 minutes until new theme!

gargrazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gargrazz
malyel wrote:The Xbox 360 has an unbelievable system failure rate. Once the system dies the only indication that your system is toast are 3 red lights that show up on the unit. The t-shirt design features that same pattern with a heart in the middle. Come on folks, that's good stuff.

I got your shirt right away as I just put the ol' call into Microsoft to have them ship me my casket-- I mean shipping box for my 360. I also thought it was clever. I just think there's too much by half. The text isn't necessary. If you had dropped everything except the circle/rings/heart (and made the heart have the little horizontal line while I'm being nitpicky) and then shifted it over to the breast pocket of the shirt... and picked a different shirt color, I probably would have voted for it.

I'm just as guilty as anyone of not knowing when to quit with a design, so don't take this personally. It's the nature of this contest. "If you just did everything completely different, I'd have loved it!"

I also wasn't sure if the white border box was supposed to be there or not. Most people prefer the image to be unbound by a box or border. It makes for a more interesting design and looks less like those iron-ons everyone had in the 70's. :^P

Anyway, mad props on the concept. I think its only failure was design, really. That's not to say it's a BAD design - just one I didn't vote for. Remember I'm just one person out of hundreds, though. So take it with a grain of salt.

shan24

Josephus wrote:

heh. like they're real.

I like the darkest one, that's more like the original. X's for eyes would be funny but their semi-sad expression they have now is also funny.

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
briannyc128 wrote:They will post it at noon (AZ time) today, when the current derby ends.

Try 10:00 am AZ time ;-)

It will be 11:00am AZ time when Texas goes on DST later this week (or whenever everyone but us Arizonans has to scurry off to change their clocks ;-).

Check out my blog:Here!

janaknowles

Jack31081 wrote:50 minutes until new theme!

Thank you!!! this one was brutal!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
f4td4ddy wrote:Maybe she's the alter ego of No1?

?

Josephus

AlexIAm wrote:Since they are on a sandwich and about to be eaten shouldn't their eyes be Xs?

yeah, I can see that, and started to do it that way, but decided it'd look better with them alive. That way I can make the companion shirt...

briannyc128

OK so I have no clue where I got the AZ time thing from, especially since I understand the concepts of time zones and geography. Sorry about that.

Also: thanks for the description cwarrington. Smart stuff.

briannyc128

Josephus wrote:yeah, I can see that, and started to do it that way, but decided it'd look better with them alive. That way I can make the companion shirt...

Please tell me the companion shirt isn't the puffaluffs escaping from someone's digestive tract.

Josephus

briannyc128 wrote:Please tell me the companion shirt isn't the puffaluffs escaping from someone's digestive tract.

hotcha42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hotcha42
Josephus wrote:

L O L decoys? Clever!

shan24

Josephus wrote:

ha ha I wonder if they could have a little Sharpie and they could be drawing eyes on the marshmallows...

darthv8r

briannyc128 wrote:Please tell me the companion shirt isn't the puffaluffs escaping from someone's digestive tract.

which would tie into gi metro! maybe the puffs would have it on a map while trying to escape

Josephus

shan24 wrote:ha ha I wonder if they could have a little Sharpie and they could be drawing eyes on the marshmallows...

I was afraid it'd be too complicated. Complicated is too often my downfall in the derby.

edit: oh, yeah, it isn't FOR the Derby. unless this week's theme is 'Different Nutrition Designs', or 'Puffaluffs for everyone!'.

Josephus

darthv8r wrote:which would tie into gi metro! maybe the puffs would have it on a map while trying to escape

speaking of a shirt that's printing money for woot and its designer. they've sold at least 750 more shirts since it went on sale.

justann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justann
Josephus wrote:speaking of a shirt that's printing money for woot and its designer. they've sold at least 750 more shirts since it went on sale.

Way to go Jack! Christmas presents for everyone!

Here's my first try using my tablet and Inkscape.