janaknowles


quality posts: 0 Private Messages janaknowles

Derby #15: Time Travel Souvenirs

When somebody finally figures out the whole time-travel thing and offers mass tourism to different eras, there'll be a lot of money to be made from the accoutrements of tourism. And anybody who's ever taken a trip anywhere can attest that t-shirts are the most omnipresent such accoutrement. Why not get a jump now on creating the time-travel souvenirs of tomorrow - and yesterday? Create a souvenir t-shirt from the past or future. And keep in mind that in the future, you'll probably be able to go to space. But we're imposing two restrictions on you this week: one, no designs involving the phrase "and all I got was this lousy" or something similar; and two, stay far, far away from copyrighted images, concepts, etc. Otherwise, past and future are your playground.


This one should be fun!

kenney9226


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226

Puckers Throughout History!

..well, throughout the last couple months, anyway...

AttilaTheMom


quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
Josephus wrote:I was afraid it'd be too complicated. Complicated is too often my downfall in the derby.

edit: oh, yeah, it isn't FOR the Derby. unless this week's theme is 'Different Nutrition Designs', or 'Puffaluffs for everyone!'.



Puffaluffs of the future? Puffa neanderluff? Puffaluffs in spaaaaaace?
New derby theme - time travel.

Where's the link to disco's puffaluff page? Has he filled in the back story on these things explaining why something so fuzzy and cute is so dangerous?

If you put a puffaluff in the microwave does it blow up like peeps?

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

derekfilley


quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley

For you newbies, the next derby theme can be found here:

http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1677342&count=2


Check out my blog:Here!

jfriedman86


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfriedman86

For us newbies, could you please point out the URL to the winners of Derby 14?

thatrobert


quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert
8taxi wrote:Hey what is that site that you can sell derby shirts that didn't win?



BestLosers.com. Let me know if you have any more questions or need some help with the site.

cwarrington


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwarrington

Volunteer Moderator

ShirtDerbyStats.com Nutrition Derby End Estimate

1st Place:
Fog'd: 5 days, 23 hours
Say No To Scurvy (847 estimated votes)
by: fablefire


2nd Place:
Fog'd: 5 days, 23 hours
Powered By Cheese (670 estimated votes)
by: briannyc128


3rd Place:
Fog'd: 4 days, 0 hours
sugar bsod (545 estimated votes)
by: vishneda


4th Place:
Fog'd: 2 days, 6 hours
The cake is a liar. (513 estimated votes)
by: geekfactor12


Summary
Scurvy has had a very commanding lead, this derby, 1st place...
Cheese jumped in and moved way up the ranks, but not with as much steam as Scurvy did, 2nd place well deserved.
3rd and 4th, (Sugar BSOD and Cake) are pretty close, but with Cake being a very specific gag that many people don't and won't get, I going to stick with the estimate and leave it in 4th and Sugar in 3rd.

Check ShirtDerbyStats.com and see who the new 'Nutrition' badge owners are

AlexIAm


quality posts: 4 Private Messages AlexIAm
jfriedman86 wrote:For us newbies, could you please point out the URL to the winners of Derby 14?



Check back tonight, tomorrow and saturday at midnight central time... they will go up for sale then.


>insert funny quote here<

AlexIAm


quality posts: 4 Private Messages AlexIAm
AttilaTheMom wrote:Puffaluffs of the future? Puffa neanderluff? Puffaluffs in spaaaaaace?
New derby theme - time travel.

Where's the link to disco's puffaluff page? Has he filled in the back story on these things explaining why something so fuzzy and cute is so dangerous?

If you put a puffaluff in the microwave does it blow up like peeps?



Don't think he's updated the story... too busy counting his cool breeze cash.

linky

p.s. nice muppets reference!


>insert funny quote here<

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

argh, what to do? so many different futures to go to...

janaknowles


quality posts: 0 Private Messages janaknowles
Josephus wrote:argh, what to do? so many different futures to go to...



I know, right. This one is tough!

snarkygal


quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
cwarrington wrote:You know with only 6 rejected entries this derby, this has been the fewest amount of rejected entries for any derby so far... Well done derbyers, derbyiants, derbyians.... whatever...



No way to go CW...the Woot staff just didn't bother rejecting anything

joelterrific


quality posts: 21 Private Messages joelterrific

Staff

Call to Arms!

Anyone with a sense of honor, goodwill and with a line to FableFire should let him/her know the file submitted is corrupt and that unless we hear from him/her by 4pm CST, we'll be forced to remove the entry. No one wants that.

briannyc128


quality posts: 0 Private Messages briannyc128
joelterrific wrote:Call to Arms!

Anyone with a sense of honor, goodwill and with a line to FableFire should let him/her know the file submitted is corrupt and that unless we hear from him/her by 4pm CST, we'll be forced to remove the entry. No one wants that.



I assume you guys already tried via PM?

cwarrington


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwarrington

Volunteer Moderator

snarkygal wrote:No way to go CW...the Woot staff just didn't bother rejecting anything


Well now that screws up the stats now doesn't it... Slacking much are we Woot?

joelterrific


quality posts: 21 Private Messages joelterrific

Staff

Success...we have a file that will work. Thanks.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
kenney9226 wrote:Puckers Throughout History!

..well, throughout the last couple months, anyway...



Hey, there ya go! Told you a history of pucker would come in handy. Good luck on the color limit though... ;)

Can't wait to see stone-age Stonehengey pucker...

fablefire


quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
joelterrific wrote:Success...we have a file that will work. Thanks.



Thanks for not rejecting it outright. <3

I really have no idea what's wrong with the file. Even now as I open and close it, the file loads properly about 40% of the time, and butchers the design the other 60%.

janaknowles


quality posts: 0 Private Messages janaknowles
fablefire wrote:Thanks for not rejecting it outright. <3

I really have no idea what's wrong with the file. Even now as I open and close it, the file loads properly about 40% of the time, and butchers the design the other 60%.



I'm glad you were able to get them a new file...it would have been tragic to lose such a great design. It was one of my favorites.

markzero


quality posts: 12 Private Messages markzero
Josephus wrote:
Shan, thanks for the point about the line thickness.
Now, is the top sandwich more like the real puffaluffs, or the bottom sandwich?

heh. like they're real.



Try pairing them up on a card and selling them as "sno-balls"

Poooooor puffaluffs. Make some happier designs.

allisonchem


quality posts: 0 Private Messages allisonchem

My Request for Derby #15 entires:
Things that are steampunk, that's all I ask.

jubie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jubie

Congrats to the winners!! I mean, the top foggers.

I'd get the Powered By Cheese (cus I <3 the idea) but cheese is not my thing at all..

And I don't get Say No To Scurvy?
But it's very cute..

fablefire


quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
jubie wrote:Congrats to the winners!! I mean, the top foggers.

I'd get the Powered By Cheese (cus I <3 the idea) but cheese is not my thing at all..

And I don't get Say No To Scurvy?
But it's very cute..



Thought process behind it was:

Scurvy is a disease that people contract due to lack of vitamin C. The disease was most prevalent during the golden age of sea piracy and old arctic exploration, because citrus fruits weren't widely available on the ships. So... The idea is to have an orange (cute fruit, vitamin C related), dressed in a pirate outfit (thus relating to the scurvy pirates), and topping it off with text. Kind of like those motivational posters that they have for kids so they eat properly, except for pirates...

CardinalGoldstein


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CardinalGoldstein
janaknowles wrote:and there mouths should be o's



Ewww...I think Joe is going to eat them A-L-I-V-E!!

welcmbak42


quality posts: 0 Private Messages welcmbak42

4th place? now that's a bummer

thatrobert


quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert

"Powered by cheese" might not have won anything useful but it is featured in the Derby 14 Loser Awards on http://BestLosers.com. Check it out.

Pursejunkie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pursejunkie
Re: Powered By Cheese



Such a great shirt! I hope I have the chance to buy this someday (*hint*).