klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

Okay...this one might be harder than I first thought. I have a couple of ideas, but I'll need to see if I can get the design to fuse with my thoughts. See you tomorrow with my designs. Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with.

kristen

BDV

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BDV
jpolson wrote:I don't like to wear white t-shirts.

This week I'm going to break all the rules. My shirts are going to be on white AND have text!

princessproton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages princessproton
BDV wrote:This week I'm going to break all the rules. My shirts are going to be on white AND have text!

Don't forget to put everything on the stomach area.

USE YOUR BRAIN. There are zombies that go without.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12

Here's my first draft, titled Smart Food. The idea is that the apple is a smarter nutritional choice than those guys in the background.

I'd love some feedback!

fablefire

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
geekfactor12 wrote:Here's my first draft, titled Smart Food. The idea is that the apple is a smarter nutritional choice than those guys in the background.

I'd love some feedback!

That's a really cute idea. Love the ice cream cone. If the dominant voter population is older geek though... I don't know how well the speed of light equation is going to go over. The equation is actually pretty easy to comprehend for just about anyone. I think maybe a calculus equation would look "smarter".

BDV

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BDV
geekfactor12 wrote:Here's my first draft, titled Smart Food. The idea is that the apple is a smarter nutritional choice than those guys in the background.

I'd love some feedback!

Great idea. The one thing that struck me as odd is that the fries and ice cream are 3D, and the apple isn't.

melodywhore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melodywhore
DMadison27 wrote:Go Calcium, beat Riboflavin?

calciumball anyone?

my woot list:
6/20/07 - Refurbished Ear Wax Collector
7/16/07 - Shiny 8.1 MP Samsung Digimax
5/28/08 - (2) 2GB MicroSD inflanagastion chamber
11/20/08 - three false sense of security ipod locks
4/9/09 - apple 8GB 4th gen ipod nano (black)

melodywhore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melodywhore
imcompa wrote:PLEASE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo........!!!

i second this motion (no videogame referenced shirts).

my woot list:
6/20/07 - Refurbished Ear Wax Collector
7/16/07 - Shiny 8.1 MP Samsung Digimax
5/28/08 - (2) 2GB MicroSD inflanagastion chamber
11/20/08 - three false sense of security ipod locks
4/9/09 - apple 8GB 4th gen ipod nano (black)

princessproton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages princessproton

I'd love some feedback!

I think it's cute how it is, however if you're going to go for a more complex equation as fablefire suggested, I would humbly (and geekily) suggest the simpler versions of the Hodgkin-Huxley formulation, Nernst equation, or Goldman-Hodgkin-Katz voltage equation for a tie in to "brain food".

USE YOUR BRAIN. There are zombies that go without.

hlink

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hlink

Smart food...very clever. I like it. I second that the apple looks sort of weird because it doesn't have shading, but for what you can do with six colors, it's not bad at all.

hmmxkrazee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmmxkrazee

What do the 2nd and 3rd place winners get? Do they also get the $200 + extras?

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

geekfactor12 wrote:
Here's my first draft, titled Smart Food. The idea is that the apple is a smarter nutritional choice than those guys in the background.

Cute idea! Love the ice cream cone. Looks like a decapitated clown...but I like it! :o) The only thing that stands out odd to me is that the fries don't seem to cast a shadow as compared to the other two characters.

LOTM

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOTM
hlink wrote:Alright, first update. It's great to get feedback from people who actually buy the shirts.

I think the repositioning of the apple makes it look like the building has a little more depth. I'm afraid to change too much because then the apple might look bad.

Ya, fix the shadows so that the light is coming from the building, and maybe get rid of the flaming man, and it's good to go!

jimbo564

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimbo564
hmmxkrazee wrote:What do the 2nd and 3rd place winners get? Do they also get the $200 + extras?

"Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Derby's in the Money: We're Gonna Start Paying More!
Derby and commissioned alike, designers whose shirts sell from zero to 500 units on their first day will receive $250, while designs that sell 501 units or more will net their creators a $500 payoff. (Just so you know, we've never had a Derby-winning shirt sell less than 501 units.) The payment for shirts sold after the first day will remain unchanged at $2 per shirt.

I don't design 'em, I just buy 'em.

hlink

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hlink

I played around with the shadows a bit, and I think I'm going to leave it as it is. When the light comes from the building, the shadow from the apple blends too much with the shadow from the gas can.

I also removed the flaming guy from the final. It looked weird, I agree.

edgarrmcherly

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edgarrmcherly

anyone wanna give me some critiques? I'd love to hear what anyone has to say!

kk!

"Balanced Robot Diet"

"Two cannibals eating a clown..."

shinratype26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shinratype26

I would like to post an alternate shirt template that I made specifically for those who want to screw around with one that was made from a real bona fide woot shirt.

And guess what, you can get it right here!

So if you get sick of the nice looking cartoony one from woot or the realistic one from Jack, take a look at mine.
The file is huge, and I'm sorry for that.
But nonetheless, design on and take a look at my amateur template!

edit: Just so you know, there are no girl shirts in this one.

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
shinratype26 wrote:I would like to post an alternate shirt template that I made specifically for those who want to screw around with one that was made from a real bona fide woot shirt.

And guess what, you can get it right here!

So if you get sick of the nice looking cartoony one from woot or the realistic one from Jack, take a look at mine.
The file is huge, and I'm sorry for that.
But nonetheless, design on and take a look at my amateur template!

Thank you! I'ma download it now.

I have nothing for this derby yet, and I won't be home all weekend. I have a feeling I'm not even going to try, especially given my poor track record of guessing what people want.

imcompa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imcompa
edgarrmcherly wrote:anyone wanna give me some critiques? I'd love to hear what anyone has to say!

kk!

"Balanced Robot Diet"

Get rid of the shadow, it looks like frozen banana stick. The robot looks amazing, I love the art style, it looks just fine by it self with no shadow. I hope you win I love it. Possibly center the robot after that too. The cannibal one looks bad. The people drawn just look bad, you would need to redrawn them if you wanted to make it look better. Plus make it smaller. The cannibals and clown one looks like it was drawn in paint.

edit you might want to move up it's left eye slightly keep it crooked but just a little bit higher on the left one.

philritter21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages philritter21
hlink wrote:Here's my idea, titled "An Apple A Day..."

If anyone has any suggestions of things I should add (or take away) please do share. I'm at somewhat of a mental block right now because I've been studying for a Calc final in between this and the woot off.

I personally like the original draft MUCH better than the revision. The oustretched thumbs up in the revision makes the apple look kinda evil, and the original just makes me smile and laugh more because he just looks so happy go lucky. The gas can on the revision looks too detailed for the rest of the picture.

I think if you took th original and switched the apple's shadow to his front, moved the match to just inside his body (and added some red to the match flame), and moved the apple as a whole to just barely overlap the hospital's shadow (to add depth), it would be PERFECT!

elpepe

quality posts: 12 Private Messages elpepe
edgarrmcherly wrote:anyone wanna give me some critiques? I'd love to hear what anyone has to say!

kk!

"Balanced Robot Diet"

I like this one -- get rid of the shadow, center the robot, and make t he robot look a little more robot-y... maybe some dials or what have you.

briannyc128

quality posts: 0 Private Messages briannyc128

Tomorrow is going to be a crazy day so I got my first of maybe 2 designs created for the most part. Feedback is welcome. I'm debating whether or not to keep the text. I think removing it might appease a lot of the voters out there, but without the words I feel like the "idea" isn't as digestible (pun intended).