Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
philritter21 wrote:Hey Guys!

Heres What Im working on for this Derby:

Its an Official Nutrition All Star Dream Team jersey complete with team autographs! Criticism welcome!

Looks good man!

blackbelt135

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blackbelt135
BDV wrote:Great idea. The one thing that struck me as odd is that the fries and ice cream are 3D, and the apple isn't.

Yeah, I agree...maybe make the apple have a shadow on the right edge, and maybe a shine on the top left. ;) Great idea tho.

blackbelt135

Anyone got any great ideas for me to work off of?? :-\

amgoodreau

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amgoodreau

Here we go...

"An Apple a Day..."

Comments/Critiques welcome..

blackbelt135

Do different tones of one color count as one color still, or two colors?

amgoodreau

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amgoodreau
blackbelt135 wrote:Do different tones of one color count as one color still, or two colors?

6 Spot Colors refers to 6 individual colors, without shades or tones.
When printing, each color needs its own lithographic film to print that color--even if its a very similar color, or a different tone, etc. each would need its own film.

Additional films cost more, so to limit costs, its usually sensible to put a limit on how many spot colors (or films).

maraich

quality posts: 3 Private Messages maraich
briannyc128 wrote:Tomorrow is going to be a crazy day so I got my first of maybe 2 designs created for the most part. Feedback is welcome. I'm debating whether or not to keep the text. I think removing it might appease a lot of the voters out there, but without the words I feel like the "idea" isn't as digestible (pun intended).

Powered By Cheese

Edit: Advice on image size is would also be much appreciated. I'm thinking it might work better if I go a bit smaller.

Olliphaunts, Mordor, and Gandalf!! This is the shirt for me. I would keep the words - it just isn't as amusing without the words. The placement is good - but may a wee bit smaller?

jpolson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpolson
blackbelt135 wrote:Anyone got any great ideas for me to work off of?? :-\

Someone should do a Bandolier of Carrots.

blackbelt135

jpolson wrote:Someone should do a Bandolier of Carrots.

It's a good idea, except it was used last week w/ the candy corn.

Jack31081

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jack31081
snarkygal wrote:I wore mine yesterday too Pyrin!

I'm wearing my 'dramatic jackalope' shirt right now

sadly, i'll likely have to skip this week's derby as well...again leaving town for the weekend and wouldn't be able to even think of a design until sunday night.

oh well...i do like brian's "powered by cheese", though

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
blackbelt135 wrote:It's a good idea, except it was used last week w/ the candy corn.

"Done last week" has never prevented ideas from being used. Hell, we had 400 moons for the night derby, and one fogged for Halloween. I'm preparing to be soundly beaten by "Apple Polo (Not By Ralph Lauren)."

AlexIAm

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AlexIAm
briannyc128 wrote:Tomorrow is going to be a crazy day so I got my first of maybe 2 designs created for the most part. Feedback is welcome. I'm debating whether or not to keep the text. I think removing it might appease a lot of the voters out there, but without the words I feel like the "idea" isn't as digestible (pun intended).

Powered By Cheese

Edit: Advice on image size is would also be much appreciated. I'm thinking it might work better if I go a bit smaller.

LOVE IT... just a little smaller though. Keep the text vertical.

>insert funny quote here<

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

All the draft entries are looking great! I'm sure the cheese one will get the Wisconsin vote! I also love the all-star tshirt. Very clever! Such variety! I'll have mine ready later today, so I hope I can also count on a few critiques. Although judging by the current drafts, I went a little less comical....at least on two of the designs.

Here's what I have so far:
(Created from one of my original paintings)

For those who love 'living raw':

People say you can substitute cauliflower for potatoes to make the meal lower-carb. Shhhh...don't tell people in Idaho! So here's what happens when one famous icon gives in to the low-carb lifestyle:

Thoughts?

bjr151

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjr151
derekfilley wrote:Presumably the light source is the burning hospital, so you might want to change that apple's shadow again ;-)

Woot voters probably wont notice though, no one said anything this week about my Angst*o*lantern's faulty shadow.

I was soo pulling for you to win since I thought both or your submissions were better than all of the finalists. I am looking forward to seeing what you have got in store for us this week.

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom

Powered by cheese! Awesome. Maybe a little smaller though?

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

bjr151

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjr151

[quote postid="1665645" user="jimbo564"]"Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."
quote]

No coffee for you! Coffee is for closers only! God I love that movie! Maybe the best cast ever mainly due to the fact that they only used like 12 people in it.

hlink

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hlink
amgoodreau wrote:Here we go...

"An Apple a Day..."

Comments/Critiques welcome..

Aww, come on, same title too?! epic lulz!...
I knew I wouldn't be the only one with the idea.

AttilaTheMom

klswoot wrote:... I'll have mine ready later today, so I hope I can also count on a few critiques. Although judging by the current drafts, I went a little less comical....at least on two of the designs.

Here's what I have so far:
(Created from one of my original paintings)
*fish img*

For those who love 'living raw':
*raw img*

People say you can substitute cauliflower for potatoes to make the meal lower-carb. Shhhh...don't tell people in Idaho! So here's what happens when one famous icon gives in to the low-carb lifestyle:
*mr cauliflower head img*

Thoughts?

I love the fish pic, except that nobody would actually eat carp (all those bones), and the omega sign while it fits the derby theme doesn't do anything for me.
The fish by themselves would make a nice shirt though.

I like the live raw, no kill idea but it is a little plain for me, and the no kill sign doesn't really seem to go with the rest, dunno, maybe it's just me. With the style of the letters I would expect to see sushi with it...

mr cauliflower head made me laugh, but it's not easy to tell that he's made from cauliflower. This is one case where I'd actually like to see words with it - to save me having to explain to everyone what it is.

klswoot

AttilaTheMom wrote:I love the fish pic, except that nobody would actually eat carp (all those bones), and the omega sign while it fits the derby theme doesn't do anything for me.
The fish by themselves would make a nice shirt though.

I like the live raw, no kill idea but it is a little plain for me, and the no kill sign doesn't really seem to go with the rest, dunno, maybe it's just me. With the style of the letters I would expect to see sushi with it...

mr cauliflower head made me laugh, but it's not easy to tell that he's made from cauliflower. This is one case where I'd actually like to see words with it - to save me having to explain to everyone what it is.

Thanks! I actually agree with everything you discussed. I'm tempted not to add the Omega symbol. I thought about taking them off!
The live raw was supposed to be a plain message...and it's funny that you mention the lettering and sushi. That was my impression and sushi can be considered raw. :o)

Mr. Cauliflower is still a work in progress. It's tough for me to be limited to only 6 colors. I'm so used to working on canvas and having any color I want available to me. This graphics stuff is much more difficult. Kudos to all the professionals out there!

AttilaTheMom

klswoot wrote:Thanks! I actually agree with everything you discussed. I'm tempted not to add the Omega symbol. I thought about taking them off!
The live raw was supposed to be a plain message...and it's funny that you mention the lettering and sushi. That was my impression and sushi can be considered raw. :o)

Mr. Cauliflower is still a work in progress. It's tough for me to be limited to only 6 colors. I'm so used to working on canvas and having any color I want available to me. This graphics stuff is much more difficult. Kudos to all the professionals out there!

mmmm sushi... I would totally vote for that.

hlink

Alright, based on various suggestions and reflection after a night's rest...

New Version of "An Apple a Day..."

Finally fixed the shadows, took out the thumbs-up and the burning guy.

Old version for reference.

AttilaTheMom

hlink wrote:Alright, based on various suggestions and reflection after a night's rest...

New Version of "An Apple a Day..."

Finally fixed the shadows, took out the thumbs-up and the burning guy.

Why does the shadow on the building go a different direction from the apple shadow?

klswoot

AttilaTheMom wrote:mmmm sushi... I would totally vote for that.

As for the Cauliflower one....do you think adding small text that reads "Cauliflower - The Low-Carb Substitute" would be enough to identify that Mr. P is now Mr. C.

AttilaTheMom

Ok, here's my only idea so far. Take it and run with it whoever wants too.

"why skeletons are so thin..."

skeleton holding something to eat, like an apple or drumstick, looking down at eaten food that has fallen through onto the ground, 'cause you know, no stomach.

hlink

AttilaTheMom wrote:Why does the shadow on the building go a different direction from the apple shadow?

Shadow on the building goes towards the viewer, as if the fire is a source of backlight - in other words, it looks like it's coming off both sides, but one side is hidden by the apple. It looks really weird when it's slanted to one side.

fackoph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fackoph

Thank the Lord... this t-shirt already exists...

http://www.zazzle.com/pacman_fruit_shirt-235078817826515725

aegis72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aegis72

Should be fun. Nutrition is actually really easy, I think, as a concept. I'll work something up.

It's too bad... I just realized that the Pumpkin trooper fits two derbies in a row. I guess you can't re-work you own concept, huh?

chungaroo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chungaroo

Hey what do you wall think of my first design/shirt.woot submission ever? I'm really new at this, heh

"Milk and Cereal!"

Pensketch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pensketch
tgentry wrote:Eating Healthy

Comments welcome!

Oh crap. I love this one! The guy on the right and the blob's face are what really make it in my opinion.

I have an idea for this derby, but don't know if I'll get to it before tomorrow.

klswoot

Pensketch wrote:Oh crap. I love this one! The guy on the right and the blob's face are what really make it in my opinion.

I have an idea for this derby, but don't know if I'll get to it before tomorrow.

I agree! The blob chasing the runners is really funny!

phynx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phynx
chungaroo wrote:Hey what do you wall think of my first design/shirt.woot submission ever? I'm really new at this, heh

"Milk and Cereal!"

haha! i eat cereal for every meal too! nice design.

klswoot

phynx wrote:haha! i eat cereal for every meal too! nice design.

This is so my household. The perfect meal!

AttilaTheMom

How about

"Veggie Vigilantes"
A posse of veggies break in on a broccoli taking a cheese bath...

imcompa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imcompa

the revision of the people eating robot looks fantastic, great job.

briannyc128

quality posts: 0 Private Messages briannyc128

Thanks everyone for the advice/support for my design. For those that inquired, I did try to do a horizontal version last night and didn't really love the way the Cheese was "stacking." I reduced the size a bit of the image on the shirt for the final upload.