+ Add a Comment

itsoinky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages itsoinky

any thoughts on this one?

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
shinratype26 wrote:Oh, fablefire!
You and your cute little characters that brighten up not such cute little themes!
GMV4REALZLO.L

Thanks! Nothing says anti-scurvy like an orange in a pirate hat.

keeyoh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages keeyoh

[Great designs all around! I was thinking about entering for the first time, but anything I could come up with would be lame next to these beauties.

insanecarbonbasedlif

quality posts: 0 Private Messages insanecarbonbasedlif

So, I had a bit of a famine of ideas for this theme (puns are for the benefit of the teller, not the reciever), so I present probably my only entry this derby:
crazyworkandplay, need anappleaday

It is a representation of the daily conflict blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah.

Let me know what you all think!

deflabus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deflabus
darkzero wrote:
Hello everyone.

nice tattoo design

arty001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arty001

nice designs guys

shinratype26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shinratype26
fablefire wrote:Thanks! Nothing says anti-scurvy like an orange in a pirate hat.

The little pumpkin guy from last week and the pirate orange are now my best friends.
I hope they feel the same way about me!

shinratype26

arty001 wrote:nice designs guys

Man, that's a lie.
New people win all the time.

edit: I see you edited your post right-quick.
Smart move, but I saw it.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12

Huge thanks to the Wooters who helped me out with Smart Food yesterday! I fixed the shadow problem, I think. And you guys have a point about making the equation more advanced- I couldn't fit those longer equations on my current composition, but I might do a variation on this concept later this weekend that uses one of those (I'm thinking a banana professor who teaches about math and the food pyramid, maybe).

Click here for a link to the finished composition

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

I put this one together last night and just had to make a shirt comp today for it. This one is for all the health nuts out there... your meat substitutes had to come from somewhere...

Edited to add: right... I need a picture:

arty001

shinratype26 wrote:Man, that's a lie.
New people win all the time.

edit: I see you edited your post right-quick.
Smart move, but I saw it.

I don't think thats a lie....as this is what this forum talks about.

And hey I am not glad you saw the unedited post as I was adding more to it and was about to post it soon!!

arty001

snarkygal wrote:How about NOT continually spamming the board with your images this week looking for votes? Once in a while is fine, but last week you went overboard and it tends to turn voters off.

Just a friendly bit of advice. ;-)

Don't worry.... I think voters dont have time to see my entries!!
But now all the more I am out of the scene as I am no longer competing for this week. And this shows that woot is a place only for the one's who have been ruling here for weeks and starters never stand a chance.

And since I am no longer in, you will not see so many posts, which I hope will not be turning of voters!!

damiendone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages damiendone
snarkygal wrote:Isn't that the same owl from the other Derby from Cheesesandwich, with just the addition of a mouse? And yet another version of the kaleidoscope <heavy sigh>

And, of course, another pucker from Kenney..... < heavier sigh>

Do you really think that those are coincidences?

philritter21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages philritter21

Heres my final Design!

Go vote!

damiendone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages damiendone

Oh, and...

Battle of the Century, y'all!

deflabus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deflabus

Here's an idea, a Vitruvian / Voltron food man, I dont know... like someone make different foods making the V-V Man

shinratype26

I post like infinity times every day and I've never got above 70 votes.
Maybe if I posted 7 infinity times a day... Hmmmm...

imcompa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imcompa
arty001 wrote:Don't worry.... I think voters dont have time to see my entries!!
But now all the more I am out of the scene as I am no longer competing for this week. And this shows that woot is a place only for the one's who have been ruling here for weeks and starters never stand a chance.

And since I am no longer in, you will not see so many posts, which I hope will not be turning of voters!!

Actually woot is a place for about half talent/half nerdy stupid 5min t-shirt with nostalgic reference.

shinratype26

imcompa wrote:Actually woot is a place for about half talent/half nerdy stupid 5min t-shirt with nostalgic reference.

Home sweet home!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
AttilaTheMom wrote:I just had another idea, but no time to work on anything til sunday so, if anyone wants it.

"unbalanced diet"
4 veggies on a teeter totter (on the up side) trying to lift a slice of cheesecake...

I do so love my anthropomorphic foods.

That is a good idea!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
snarkygal wrote:Isn't that the same owl from the other Derby from Cheesesandwich, with just the addition of a mouse? And yet another version of the kaleidoscope <heavy sigh>

The thing of the kaleidoscope designs that makes me not mind them is that I've seen him experiment with placements and colours, and while the execution doesn't vary too much, the designs he uses for them do. It's a presumably detailed execution if done from scratch each time, and so it's a gimmick that doesn't bother me.

The owl entry, however, is disappointing.

kennesey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kennesey
insanecarbonbasedlif wrote:So, I had a bit of a famine of ideas for this theme (puns are for the benefit of the teller, not the reciever), so I present probably my only entry this derby:
crazyworkandplay, need anappleaday

It is a representation of the daily conflict blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah.

Let me know what you all think!

I like your entry -- GMV.

klswoot

imcompa wrote:Actually woot is a place for about half talent/half nerdy stupid 5min t-shirt with nostalgic reference.

Ahhhh. That's nice....I feel like I'm right at home. :o)

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Eating healthy helps the blob stay in... uhh... shape... Vote!

gutsmasher77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gutsmasher77

hi, no i didnt see that. my friend thought of it so worked on it last night. thats a great idea though!

klswoot

fablefire wrote:Hmm. I finally downloaded the psd template and it has a little box. I'm guessing that's the 16x20 constraint. Does it matter how the box is aligned? 16x20, 20x16, or even diagonally?

Fablefire - Where's the psd template for the 16x20 layout? Thanks! -kristen

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
philritter21 wrote:Heres my final Design!

Go vote!

I like this but...

The top autograph may be too close to the collar
and the whole design looks a little big, is it under the 16" x 20" limit?

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

Stenz35

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stenz35

Here's my entry. Its my first attempt at inkscape. Let me know what you think.

insanecarbonbasedlif

quality posts: 0 Private Messages insanecarbonbasedlif
kennesey wrote:I like your entry -- GMV.

Thanks!

InitialSam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InitialSam

I have an idea...i don't know if i should enter this week.

klswoot

Stenz35 wrote:Here's my entry. Its my first attempt at inkscape. Let me know what you think.

For a first attempt at Inkscape, this is a great job. I've been fiddling with inkscape, but I'm no master by any means. Is there a command to cast the shadow? Or, did you create it yourself? If so, you did a nice job with the shadows.

kristen

theLiz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages theLiz

I love me some scurvy.

thejapanesefrog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thejapanesefrog

Hm, this was a strange theme for me, but I gave it a shot. My favorite food in the world... RICE!

Pensketch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pensketch
fablefire wrote:Hmm. I finally downloaded the psd template and it has a little box. I'm guessing that's the 16x20 constraint. Does it matter how the box is aligned? 16x20, 20x16, or even diagonally?

I know you can slide the box to anywhere, but I think you should stay an inch or so away from the edges of the shirt. As for running it horizontally, I'm not sure. If the smallest shirts are at least 20" wide it's probably fine. Rotating diagonally is also probably fine, again provided it's not wider than the smallest shirt size available.

I just got my artist shirts in three different sizes, from 2X down to M and the design is the same size on each, so I'm betting they don't make new plates for each size.

Pensketch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pensketch
Discobiscuits wrote:

I'm not getting why the milk is staring down the French fries. Now that I've read the title I get it, but without the title it doesn't make sense. To me at least.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Pensketch wrote:I know you can slide the box to anywhere, but I think you should stay an inch or so away from the edges of the shirt. As for running it horizontally, I'm not sure. If the smallest shirts are at least 20" wide it's probably fine. Rotating diagonally is also probably fine, again provided it's not wider than the smallest shirt size available.

I just got my artist shirts in three different sizes, from 2X down to M and the design is the same size on each, so I'm betting they don't make new plates for each size.

I asked this question of woot about 2 or 3 derbies ago, don't ask me to find it, and the answer was somewhat ambiguous, but he seemed to be saying that they wouldn't print it 20x16 now.

shinratype26

thejapanesefrog wrote:Hm, this was a strange theme for me, but I gave it a shot. My favorite food in the world... RICE!

Kawaii desuyo! GMV!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

---

Stenz35

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stenz35
klswoot wrote:For a first attempt at Inkscape, this is a great job. I've been fiddling with inkscape, but I'm no master by any means. Is there a command to cast the shadow? Or, did you create it yourself? If so, you did a nice job with the shadows.

kristen

Thanks. I did the shadow by copying the guys, flipping it, and then rotating and skewing them to make them look right. It was kinda a pain. I don't know if there is a better way to do it.