+ Add a Comment

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18

an apple a day would have avoided this...

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

fablefire

quality posts: 18 Private Messages fablefire
klswoot wrote:Fablefire - Where's the psd template for the 16x20 layout? Thanks! -kristen

It's right on the derby page: http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/

Second paragraph, last sentence. Very, very large file. Might take some time to load.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

[quote postid="1667764" user="riffmaster18"]an apple a day would have avoided this...

I hurt just looking at this one! Off to get a snack! :o)

fablefire

Pensketch wrote:I know you can slide the box to anywhere, but I think you should stay an inch or so away from the edges of the shirt. As for running it horizontally, I'm not sure. If the smallest shirts are at least 20" wide it's probably fine. Rotating diagonally is also probably fine, again provided it's not wider than the smallest shirt size available.

I just got my artist shirts in three different sizes, from 2X down to M and the design is the same size on each, so I'm betting they don't make new plates for each size.

Okay, thanks. Guess I'll just have to sacrifice a small goat and hope the Woot gods don't reject it.

cheesesandwich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheesesandwich

Who's Hungry?

thejapanesefrog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thejapanesefrog
riffmaster18 wrote:an apple a day would have avoided this...

Woah, this creeps me out so good..... very cool.

klswoot

fablefire wrote:It's right on the derby page: http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/

Second paragraph, last sentence. Very, very large file. Might take some time to load.

duh! I knew I'd seen it .... I think I need food and sleep. :o) But alas....a coffee will substitute for now.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. :o)

kristen

mjaclyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjaclyn

Hi all, Please vote for my designs if you like them. Thanks!

ThinkBam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ThinkBam

Shameless Promotion:
Vote if you like it!

joelterrific

quality posts: 21 Private Messages joelterrific

Staff

Pensketch wrote:I know you can slide the box to anywhere, but I think you should stay an inch or so away from the edges of the shirt. As for running it horizontally, I'm not sure. If the smallest shirts are at least 20" wide it's probably fine. Rotating diagonally is also probably fine, again provided it's not wider than the smallest shirt size available.

I just got my artist shirts in three different sizes, from 2X down to M and the design is the same size on each, so I'm betting they don't make new plates for each size.

We make our screens in two sizes. One for Women's Small through Men Small and another for Men's Medium through 3X.

joelterrific

quality posts: 21 Private Messages joelterrific

Staff

Josephus wrote:I asked this question of woot about 2 or 3 derbies ago, don't ask me to find it, and the answer was somewhat ambiguous, but he seemed to be saying that they wouldn't print it 20x16 now.

That's right. 16 wide X 20 tall. Our press doesn't take kindly to putting the screens in 'landscape.'

klswoot

joelterrific wrote:That's right. 16 wide X 20 tall. Our press doesn't take kindly to putting the screens in 'landscape.'

Thanks Joel!

Fishface13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fishface13

I just entered, so I thought I'd share my design. If you think it's clever, or you'd wear it, give it a vote. Thanks!!!

klswoot

[quote postid="1667818" user="mjaclyn"]Hi all, Please vote for my designs if you like them. Thanks!

Nice designs! I like the corn girl. The blonde cornsilk strands....that's what they look like when you open an ear of corn. Nice drawing.

Does the word organic have lines through it on the actually tshirt design?

Fishface13

I corrected my display design so it was the right size. Here's the right link now:

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=4764

Thanks for checking out PineApple Farms!

fablefire

joelterrific wrote:That's right. 16 wide X 20 tall. Our press doesn't take kindly to putting the screens in 'landscape.'

Thanks for the info.

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
damiendone wrote:Do you really think that those are coincidences?

Why do you always answer when somebody mentions Cheesesandwich?

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818

i hate that i can't post at work by the time i'm home theres so much less traffic on the site... please vote for OVER EASY , ORANGE I CUTE, I EAT and HANNIBAL'S . i need to learn to make a banner... oh and i resubmitted hannibal's so i lost all 13 votes please help me get them back... even tho scurvy is winning this one it will make me feel nice knowing im not dead last

Please check it out

YouCantWootThis

quality posts: 17 Private Messages YouCantWootThis
philritter21 wrote:Heres my final Design!

Go vote!

Welcome to Las Vegas?

YouCantWootThis

quality posts: 17 Private Messages YouCantWootThis
imcompa wrote:Actually woot is a place for about half talent/half nerdy stupid 5min t-shirt with nostalgic reference.

Guilty as charged

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
riffmaster18 wrote:an apple a day would have avoided this...

This would have been good for last week's Derby

Guerrekx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Guerrekx
Bryan818 wrote:i hate that i can't post at work by the time i'm home theres so much less traffic on the site... please vote for OVER EASY , ORANGE I CUTE, I EAT and HANNIBAL'S . i need to learn to make a banner... oh and i resubmitted hannibal's so i lost all 13 votes please help me get them back... even tho scurvy is winning this one it will make me feel nice knowing im not dead last

Though the Hannibal's is quite low in the voting right now, I think it is pretty witty. Good job!

Bryan818

Guerrekx wrote:Though the Hannibal's is quite low in the voting right now, I think it is pretty witty. Good job!

i appreciate that... maybe i shoulda mad it HANNIBAL'S FINE DINNING

Please check it out

Guerrekx

Bryan818 wrote:i appreciate that... maybe i shoulda mad it HANNIBAL'S FINE DINNING

Nice...

Bryan818

Guerrekx wrote:Nice...

I guess thats a yes??

Please check it out

Guerrekx

Bryan818 wrote:I guess thats a yes??

Yeah, but the "Hannibal's" by itself gives instant name recognition that may be lost with the addition of "Fine Dining".

Bryan818

Guerrekx wrote:Yeah, but the "Hannibal's" by itself gives instant name recognition that may be lost with the addition of "Fine Dining".

true i'll leave it besides i don't feel like losing all my votes again

Please check it out

gutsmasher77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gutsmasher77

If any one wants to help out and vote for Ham-Burger that would be awesome. Thanks!!!

Vote for Ham-Burger!

tgentry

quality posts: 109 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

I'm pretty sure I've seen a 'Caffiend' shirt on Cafepress before although it looked a bit different.

fablefire

gutsmasher77 wrote:

If any one wants to help out and vote for Ham-Burger that would be awesome. Thanks!!!

Vote for Ham-Burger!

You just made me hungry. No vote for you!

J/k. I don't know why your shirt makes me hungry... Maybe in a past life I was some kind of wolf or something that dug raw pigs...

Vote for you cause it's so cute and tasty looking. =D

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
tgentry wrote:I'm pretty sure I've seen a 'Caffiend' shirt on Cafepress before.

no mug
here's a mug

gutsmasher77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gutsmasher77
fablefire wrote:You just made me hungry. No vote for you!

J/k. I don't know why your shirt makes me hungry... Maybe in a past life I was some kind of wolf or something that dug raw pigs...

Vote for you cause it's so cute and tasty looking. =D

haha, by the way i like the scurvy shirt. nice work!!!

savv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages savv

here are my two attempts
caffeine fueled

rare meat

Fishface13

Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs)...It's a PINE tree that grows APPLES...a PineApple farm! Get it?

markzero

quality posts: 12 Private Messages markzero
damiendone wrote:VOTE!

WIN.

This drawing proves a winning formula for derby submissions:

1) have an appealing character (unhappy kid, in this case)
2) don't suck in your artwork. It doesn't have to be polished, but neither should it be overly detailed, or have thin little lines in it.
3) idea must be graspable in a single glance.

p.s. Damien, is the kid's name Alexander?

fablefire

gutsmasher77 wrote:haha, by the way i like the scurvy shirt. nice work!!!

Thank you!

markzero

phynx wrote:A shirt that will catch the attention of any passerby...

too tall for the field, isn't it?

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley

Every once in a while, I spend a ridiculously long time on a design that turns out pretty poorly.

Enjoy:

Check out my blog:Here!

markzero

itsoinky wrote:any thoughts on this one?

is that ketchup or blood? there's the problem. I'm not wearing a bloody dead dog.

Fishface13

[quote postid="1667965" user="derekfilley"]Every once in a while, I spend a ridiculously long time on a design that turns out pretty poorly.

I just clicked on the link to your website. Was the "Poor Pixie..." from Derby #5 Light ever made into a shirt? I'd be very interested.