+ Add a Comment

Wangus8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wangus8
fablefire wrote:Okay, thanks. Guess I'll just have to sacrifice a small goat and hope the Woot gods don't reject it.

Poor goat... It's for a good cause.

The brains and voice (and fingers) behind the WWWWs.
Tune in on Tuesdays at whenever-I-have-the-time o'clock!

UtherDoul

quality posts: 3 Private Messages UtherDoul

I figure this has about a snowball's chance in Guatemala of not getting rejected, but you know you want one:

I mean, is it really possible to copyright a last name in block text?

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
gutsmasher77 wrote:

If any one wants to help out and vote for Ham-Burger that would be awesome. Thanks!!!

Vote for Ham-Burger!

The piggy in this sandwich reminds me of the little marshmallow chicks that you see around Easter and the marshmallow pumpkins that are around right now. They don't offer little pig marshmallows, but I think they would be adorable. In Europe, the kids snack on little pink and white marshmallow candies....maybe that's where I'm seeing the resemblance. Very cute!

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Fishface13 wrote:[quote postid="1667965" user="derekfilley"]Every once in a while, I spend a ridiculously long time on a design that turns out pretty poorly.

I just clicked on the link to your website. Was the "Poor Pixie..." from Derby #5 Light ever made into a shirt? I'd be very interested.

I just got the rights to it back, so it will be a shirt very soon. I'm in the process of setting up not one, but two shirt shops online ( a goodstorm one for decent prices, but questionable service and another more expensive/reliable option.)

Should be up in the next week or so!

Check out my blog:Here!

gutsmasher77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gutsmasher77
klswoot wrote:The piggy in this sandwich reminds me of the little marshmallow chicks that you see around Easter and the marshmallow pumpkins that are around right now. They don't offer little pig marshmallows, but I think they would be adorable. In Europe, the kids snack on little pink and white marshmallow candies....maybe that's where I'm seeing the resemblance. Very cute!

thats a great idea... lil marshmallow pigs!

welcmbak42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages welcmbak42

what's scurvey???????????

welcmbak42

ok, I can't help myself. The fog, thusfar, sucks--with the possible exception of the cheese shirt. Who wears these shirts? I would love to get a demographic of shirt.woot regulars. The pirate shirt is juvenile, the monster is ugly, and the bummer shirt is like an illustration to a bad Allanis Morissette song. The strong bunny, the schrute farms, and the organic (Ithink) shirts are definitely where it's at.

welcmbak42

I also like fresh-a pepper and p b & j

say when

welcmbak42

UtherDoul wrote:I figure this has about a snowball's chance in Guatemala of not getting rejected, but you know you want one:

awesome shirt
classic
love it

welcmbak42

nutrition label...also lame

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
welcmbak42 wrote:what's scurvey???????????

Disease caused by Vitamin C deficiency. Many people who traveled by sea for long periods of time succumbed to scurvy due to the lack of access to fresh fruit and other forms of Vit. C. That's why you often hear of the "scurvy pirate".

welcmbak42

klswoot wrote:Disease caused by Vitamin C deficiency. Many people who traveled by sea for long periods of time succumbed to scurvy due to the lack of access to fresh fruit and other forms of Vit. C. That's why you often hear of the "scurvy pirate".

thank you very much--very informative

NhojTheGreat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NhojTheGreat

Here's my second submission this week.

Please vote for this shirt.
As usual comments will be appreciated.

female

quality posts: 0 Private Messages female

Interesting contest so far. I really like the Cheese and Scurvy entries. I'm a little perplexed by the vegetable humor though. I didn't think there was anything nerdier than math jokes, but even math dorks would beat up a guy or gal wearing a vegetable themed humor shirt.

hotcha42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hotcha42
welcmbak42 wrote:nutrition label...also lame

You have NO idea how long I've been waiting to get a mention on these forums ;)

imcompa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imcompa
female wrote:Interesting contest so far. I really like the Cheese and Scurvy entries. I'm a little perplexed by the vegetable humor though. I didn't think there was anything nerdier than math jokes, but even math dorks would beat up a guy or gal wearing a vegetable themed humor shirt.

the theme is "nutrition" not junk food. people grabbed what little they could come up with i guess.

female

quality posts: 0 Private Messages female
imcompa wrote:the theme is "nutrition" not junk food. people grabbed what little they could come up with i guess.

Yeah I guess it's a tricky topic. Maybe I just have nothing to say about vegetables that I'd wear on a shirt.

welcmbak42

I'm starting to like scurvy a little more

welcmbak42

markzero wrote:is that ketchup or blood? there's the problem. I'm not wearing a bloody dead dog.

personally, I like it more as blood, and now I'm going to vote for it. I actually think it could be more gruesome.

welcmbak42

does anyone else find "two canniabls," borderline racist?

melodywhore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melodywhore
UtherDoul wrote:I figure this has about a snowball's chance in Guatemala of not getting rejected, but you know you want one:

i believe that would fall under intellectual rights.

my woot list:
6/20/07 - Refurbished Ear Wax Collector
7/16/07 - Shiny 8.1 MP Samsung Digimax
5/28/08 - (2) 2GB MicroSD inflanagastion chamber
11/20/08 - three false sense of security ipod locks
4/9/09 - apple 8GB 4th gen ipod nano (black)

zewkin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zewkin

Ok, so I'm weird....here's mine:

Lighter

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Lighter
melodywhore wrote:i believe that would fall under intellectual rights.

Or fall under the already available t-shirt thingie. http://140081.spreadshirt.com/-/-/Shop/Article/Index/article/2420840/

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
derekfilley wrote:Every once in a while, I spend a ridiculously long time on a design that turns out pretty poorly.

Enjoy:

Klingon Wheaties? Awesome! Gotta have the breakfast of champions so you can make enemies' bones go snap crackle pop.

UtherDoul

quality posts: 3 Private Messages UtherDoul
Lighter wrote:Or fall under the already available t-shirt thingie. http://140081.spreadshirt.com/-/-/Shop/Article/Index/article/2420840/

Yeah, I should have checked that incredibly obvious url first.

Oh well, I didn't think it would last, I just had ta try.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

I have to extend non-vote love to this:

Why thank you pepper boy, that's the perfect amount of pepper.

itsoinky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages itsoinky

i meant it to be ketchup, but it could be either one... whatever gets your vote!

Fishface13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fishface13
derekfilley wrote:I just got the rights to it back, so it will be a shirt very soon. I'm in the process of setting up not one, but two shirt shops online ( a goodstorm one for decent prices, but questionable service and another more expensive/reliable option.)

Should be up in the next week or so!

Thanks! Let me know when it's up for sale. I know a biologist who has studied deep sea angler fish.

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
female wrote:Interesting contest so far. I really like the Cheese and Scurvy entries. I'm a little perplexed by the vegetable humor though. I didn't think there was anything nerdier than math jokes, but even math dorks would beat up a guy or gal wearing a vegetable themed humor shirt.

Thanks! Ja... it's definitely a bit of a weird theme this week. Not much to be done with nutrition shirts that doesn't fall into the dorky category. XD

cheapherk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheapherk

My contribution... Horse: The Other Meat

InitialSam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InitialSam

you guys like?

melodywhore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melodywhore
InitialSam wrote:you guys like?

is it just me or do the bones look somewhat pixelated?

my woot list:
6/20/07 - Refurbished Ear Wax Collector
7/16/07 - Shiny 8.1 MP Samsung Digimax
5/28/08 - (2) 2GB MicroSD inflanagastion chamber
11/20/08 - three false sense of security ipod locks
4/9/09 - apple 8GB 4th gen ipod nano (black)

InitialSam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InitialSam

i accidentally stretched the wrong layer when making the comp image...explaining the pixelation.

lukekim91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lukekim91

yeah-i can't think of anything that would be clever and good looking at the same time.

just a lil man that loves to draw and look at people's drawings...

lukekim91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lukekim91
InitialSam wrote:i accidentally stretched the wrong layer when making the comp image...explaining the pixelation.

Olliphaunts, Mordor, and Gandalf!! KEEP PIXELS. MAKE THE BONES LOOK AGED, APPLE LOOK NEW.

BEST SHIRT I'VE SEEN SO FAR. WOULD BUY IT FOR SURE.

just a lil man that loves to draw and look at people's drawings...

eudorrra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eudorrra

oh my god i love the tomaato tomAHto shirt. BEST

eudorrra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eudorrra
InitialSam wrote:i accidentally stretched the wrong layer when making the comp image...explaining the pixelation.

yours totally rules, nice work. i need more white shirts

princessproton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages princessproton

I'm pretty happy with the fog at this point, especially since this theme isn't particularly inspiring IMHO. Love the scurvy design, the blob, and the cheese meter. The only one I wish were in there is this one:

I love the style and I think the idea is great. Vote it up, people!!

USE YOUR BRAIN. There are zombies that go without.

edgarrmcherly

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edgarrmcherly
welcmbak42 wrote:does anyone else find "two canniabls," borderline racist?

Yes! I thought the same thing when I first saw it. It's clear. If the clown was the same color as the cannibals, then perhaps it might not as racist. But regardless, it is either way stereotyping cannibals as islanders. I've been to Hawaii. No one ate me. Instead, my home state of Wisconsin also happens to be the home of one Jeffrey Dahmer.
I think woot should reject it at the first swing of the rejection hammer.

Bbqtime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bbqtime

Working in produce and seeing all these shirts that I might buy.. awesome. I'm rooting for the Scurvy one.. by far the best. That and the tomato being stabbed snort!. Pretty sure they'll be atleast one shirt I'll be buying this week, hoorah!