astroboygt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages astroboygt

This shirt is AWESOME! Absolutely in for one!

A dreamer ain't a dreamer unless he wakes up. - Proe

reflex

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reflex

Wear it to a Oingo Boingo reunion tour. It's a Dead Man's Party

DrFaulken

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DrFaulken

Great shirt -- I've liked a lot of the other Halloween-esque shirts but was afraid I wouldn't wear them after the holiday. I will definitely wear this beyond October.

etherealstrife

quality posts: 0 Private Messages etherealstrife
ackmondual wrote:condition: Esquelética
can any1 translate this?

Skeletal

Very cool design. If it lasts I'll definitely be picking one up later.

hcjustin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hcjustin
ChristanEff wrote:How'd you get this discount? Is it Zune-related?

sick design. in for one! thats two shirt.woots for me back to back !_!

Stellathe1st

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellathe1st
StrayNostalgia wrote:It seems to me this is exactly what a Day of the Dead shirt would look like. There are religious connotations where it alludes to the Virgin Mary... and there are those damn noisy Mariachi players at the bottom.

I agree. Day of the Dead is big where I live. Some of the elementary schools even celebrate it. It's all about dressing up skeletons.
I'm in for one.

austinxxpipo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages austinxxpipo

this is really cool.
in for one.

Grosflam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Grosflam

gte037 - are you serious? if so, get a life and marry the pope.

kriscad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kriscad

nice....

hope its a bigger print than shown

kriscad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kriscad
Grosflam wrote:gte037 - are you serious? if so, get a life and marry the pope.

lolol

freetaco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freetaco

i'm not catholic, but the city i live in is largely spanish and catholic. I'm afraid i'd offend someone wearing this.

Ledbetterus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ledbetterus

Selling out any minute now.. It's a really nice shirt but just not my thing. It's too religious in nature.. and I am not :P

Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."

gls2100

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gls2100

If you dont like it dont buy it. Even more so, where on woot does it say that you have the right not to be offended. I think its a nice design. Dark? yes. But targeted at the right market it sells, Woot being a company and all I say go for what sells. Keep it up woot!

gte037p

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gte037p
Grosflam wrote:gte037 - are you serious? if so, get a life and marry the pope.

A little respect for other religions is not a bad thing.

theonlybap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theonlybap
gte037p wrote:Offensive shirt woot. This is clearly a slight at the Virgin Mary. Please be more considerate of your shirt.woot image choices.

Please be more considerate of those who hate the virgin mary.

Got my 1

2 Chimpanzee Robusto; 1 Sea Chimp; 1 Camisa de los Muertos; 1 Random Shirt; 1 Xmas is Ribs; 1 Know When to Fold; 1 Faders and Meters; 1 Oh Burned!!!; 1 Left Brain vs Right Brain; 1 Maximo iMetal Stereo Earbuds; 1 Everglide S-500 Professional Gaming Headphones; 1 Sandisk Sansa e260 4GB Media Player; 3 Cube Memory 2GB MicroSD Card with SD Adaptor; Maxell DHP-II Digital Headphones

theonlybap

reflex wrote:Wear it to a Oingo Boingo reunion tour. It's a Dead Man's Party

Definitely

2 Chimpanzee Robusto; 1 Sea Chimp; 1 Camisa de los Muertos; 1 Random Shirt; 1 Xmas is Ribs; 1 Know When to Fold; 1 Faders and Meters; 1 Oh Burned!!!; 1 Left Brain vs Right Brain; 1 Maximo iMetal Stereo Earbuds; 1 Everglide S-500 Professional Gaming Headphones; 1 Sandisk Sansa e260 4GB Media Player; 3 Cube Memory 2GB MicroSD Card with SD Adaptor; Maxell DHP-II Digital Headphones

Mutalator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mutalator

Sold out already I was debating whether or not to part with the funds for this one, so sad... :'(

aabbud

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aabbud

and its gone!! Very nice shirt indeed. Now if that "Pirate by Day, Ninja by Night" shirt would show up ... :P

cyberninja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyberninja

Wow, this shirt is I woke up next to a dead clown!...

/reaching for wallet

Grosflam

gte037p wrote:A little respect for other religions is not a bad thing.

there is nothing defamatory here - go walk on eggshells somewhere...I live in the community and there is nothing non pope approved here.

cyberninja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyberninja

DOH! Just missed it!!!

maxwell157

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maxwell157
gte037p wrote:Offensive shirt woot. This is clearly a slight at the Virgin Mary. Please be more considerate of your shirt.woot image choices.

lulz, this again

swsmitharch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swsmitharch

son of a....
just missed it. best shirt yet. more like this please, woot!

StrayNostalgia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages StrayNostalgia

Woah, woah, cut gte037p some slack here. He/she was respectful in what was said. I can see why this would rub religious people the wrong way. I am just annoyed it was sold out by the time I came back to snag one.

gkmarie1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gkmarie1

its a lovely design and really embodies the sense of dia de los muertos. nice one .woot!

Grosflam

StrayNostalgia wrote:Woah, woah, cut gte037p some slack here. He/she was respectful in what was said. I can see why this would rub religious people the wrong way. I am just annoyed it was sold out by the time I came back to snag one.

Tell me why in your opinion this would rub 'religious' people the wrong way?

theinfanta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theinfanta

damn, i'm bummed this is already sold out... it's been the only halloween shirt i've liked...

DefaultGen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DefaultGen
theinfanta wrote:damn, i'm bummed this is already sold out... it's been the only halloween shirt i've liked...

Same

StrayNostalgia

Perhaps I was wrong about that, I am not very familiar with the celebration. That being said, I have never really seen the Virgin Mary depicted as a skeleton in the many pieces of artwork that accompany Day of the Dead. Is she typically in there?

Grosflam wrote:Tell me why in your opinion this would rub 'religious' people the wrong way?

gte037p

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gte037p
Grosflam wrote:Tell me why in your opinion this would rub 'religious' people the wrong way?

My understanding is that Mary is considered to have been assumed into heaven, body and soul, thus she would never be depicted as a skeleton. This would be offensive to those that have that conviction.

theonlybap

StrayNostalgia wrote:Woah, woah, cut gte037p some slack here. He/she was respectful in what was said. I can see why this would rub religious people the wrong way. I am just annoyed it was sold out by the time I came back to snag one.

It rubs me the wrong way when people are so ignorant. The image doesn't have to be offensive. It depends on how you interpret it -- it's not a black or white/blasphemy or exaltation piece. It's art. Día de los Muertos is a celebration of the dead, and, like it or not, Virgin Mary is dead. Celebrate her giving birth to the Son of God -- it's all symbolic of the continuance of life after death.

or you can wear the shirt with blasphemous intent, like me. I do so love dead virgins.

brada55306

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brada55306

I'm super bummed it was sold out by the time I got my credit card info in . I wonder if Jamie Toon would be willing to reprint Best shirt on here in a while. Why are there bible bangers up at this hour?

StrayNostalgia

rawfl @ that

theonlybap wrote:It rubs me the wrong way when people are so ignorant. The image doesn't have to be offensive. It depends on how you interpret it -- it's not a black or white/blasphemy or exaltation piece. It's art. Día de los Muertos is a celebration of the dead, and, like it or not, Virgin Mary is dead. Celebrate her giving birth to the Son of God -- it's all symbolic of the continuance of life after death.

or you can wear the shirt with blasphemous intent, like me. I do so love dead virgins.

bayvillian516

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bayvillian516

is this gonna be available for the $15 second chance? if so can some one post a link
thanks

snarkygal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
freetaco wrote:i'm not catholic, but the city i live in is largely spanish and catholic. I'm afraid i'd offend someone wearing this.

geez...dia de los muertos is a big mexican holiday...get over yourselves people...Mexico is a Catholic country and it is a big holiday there.

redcrow75

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redcrow75

Olliphaunts, Mordor, and Gandalf!! I can't believe that I missed out on this one. Dern you work, dern you to hell!!
Oh well, I'll be getting this one for $5 extra when it goes teh reckoning list.

snarkygal

What is this talk about Mary being depicted on this shirt? It is the Virgin of Guadalupe on the shirt....

Grosflam

snarkygal wrote:What is this talk about Mary being depicted on this shirt? It is the Virgin of Guadalupe on the shirt....

exactly - we have a winner. I am going to wear it when I visit Mexico City in the Virgin of Guadalupe church with the 'Black virgin'. They will love it. And I am not catholic...hehehehe

StrayNostalgia

And the V of G is an icon of the V of M. Virgin of Guadalupe, Virgin Mary, La Madonna... essentially all the same thing, right?

snarkygal wrote:What is this talk about Mary being depicted on this shirt? It is the Virgin of Guadalupe on the shirt....

snarkygal

I'm just sorry I missed out on getting one