Zia Lia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Zia Lia

Why does Woot keep making too few of these?! I checked it hours ago, but it was already sold out.

Hey Woot, how about making MORE of the cool shirts?! I want this one! I celebrate Dios de los Muertos!

southwick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages southwick
Zia Lia wrote:Why does Woot keep making too few of these?! I checked it hours ago, but it was already sold out.

Hey Woot, how about making MORE of the cool shirts?! I want this one! I celebrate Dios de los Muertos!

UMM you can still order it, its just $5.00 more.
They only sell a limited number @ $10.00.

michael3182

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michael3182

I like the shirt... but it sold out the first hour. This isn't one I'm going to be paying $15 +shipping later either... oh well. I'll be glad ween whoreoween is over. That's all halloween is... a day when "nice girls" have the right to go out and see what it feels like to walk the street corner.... or the corner of the party where they are.

----
One day your crap will be my crap Katie Kaboomes

stv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stv8r

I just may break down and pay $15 for this tommorrow. nice

jeffpriz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeffpriz
reflex wrote:Wear it to a Oingo Boingo reunion tour. It's a Dead Man's Party

who could ask for more?

leave your body at the door

vquasarv

quality posts: 4 Private Messages vquasarv

k i l l e r shirt.... I wish I hadn't have gone to bed early.... I was pooped tho

"Cause once you're addicted to wine and champagne,It's gonna drive you insane,
Because the world's not so tame." -The Kinks

maraquin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages maraquin
jjzone wrote:I have that conviction; I am Catholic, I belive Mary was assumed.

I am not offended.

Tolerance is a two way street.

Besides, my believeing that Mary was assumed means that image, if it is supposed to be depicting Mary, can have no basis in reality for me.

Good post. I am Catholic too and I can appreciate that this shirt isn't something to get worked up over. I personally won't buy it, but I don't perceive this as a slight to Mary, as others have mentioned more of a cultural t-shirt in reference to dia de los muertos.

LalaBear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LalaBear

Love it, I'm glad I stayed online last night!

Roomie: I was gna buy today's Woot, but I was too late.
Me: Me too! Just think if we both had gotten that phone. **Alternate conversation** Roomie: I bought today's Woot!
Me: Me too!
Both: AHH

kstsauveur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kstsauveur
Darchonus wrote:If only I were a member of the Hell's Angels, this would be a perfect shirt.

Alas, I'll stick to my canabalistic candycorn.

Do that, in fact, if you aren't a Hell's Angel, don't wear this t-shirt around any who are as they will proceed to kick the crap out of you and your bike. Seen it happen, no joke.

kstsauveur

gte037p wrote:Offensive shirt woot. This is clearly a slight at the Virgin Mary. Please be more considerate of your shirt.woot image choices.

Please STOP! You have the right to be offended, and if you really are it's as simple as not buying the shirt or as an extreme leave the website and don't shop here anymore, but it is disgusting that you think everyone should share your view.

It's called TOLERANCE not LIVE THE WAY I DO, you have NO right to tell anyone else what they can BUY/SELL/WEAR.

kstsauveur

jamietoon wrote:Wow, thanks for the great response.
I didn't mean for the shirt to be a slight on Mary. I'm not religious at all, but I really love religious art.
Also, skeletons are cool.
Thanks to everyone who bought one. I am looking forward to doing more shirts in this style, if not the same subject matter.

The shirt is fantastic, I knew it was done by a tattooist even before I read the description, very nice. I love that classic tattoo stroke.

There's no need to apologize, there's always some nut lurking on the forums thinking that because they're offended we all have to back pedal and apologize.

THEY NO LIKEY = THEY NO HAVE TO BUY

If the shirt is offered tomorrow for $15 I will grab it then.

agarmend

quality posts: 0 Private Messages agarmend

People keep mentioning that you can buy this for $15 at a later date. They just forget to mention a very important detail... HOW???

InitialSam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InitialSam

would have bought. won't buy for 15

rcktfanatic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rcktfanatic
agarmend wrote:People keep mentioning that you can buy this for $15 at a later date. They just forget to mention a very important detail... HOW???

Yeah, let me know too!
Found it once, can't remember where?
Me=Dork

Lulusmagic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lulusmagic

!!! YO QUIERO ESTE CAMISA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just once I would like to take a sip of my coffee and NOT see SOLD OUT on every Tshirt I want! DANG!

Yours Truly,
Lulu

Cherrypicker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Cherrypicker

2nd chance sales begin the day after originally offered, for an extra $5. Available shirts are from current and prior week, plus the 15 highest sellers of the remainders.
Also see Day of Reckoning FAQ, and Wikipedia w00t.shirts (last updated on Oct 15)

Current Week:
4094 = Camisa de los Muertos
4093 = Sucka
4091 = Late Halloween Night (Derby 13 Third Place)
4090 = Candy Corn Cannibalism (Derby 13 Runner-Up)
Prior Week:
4079 = Pumpkin and Ghost (Derby 13 Winner)
4047 = Die or Treat
4024 = Ghosts
4006 = Backyard Brawl
3997 = Unatomy
3994 = Sun Decay (Derby 12 Third Place)
3992 = Follow The Leader (Derby 12 Runner-Up)
RSVP - Reckoning Survivors Very Purchaseable
01 Cool Breeze (Derby 7 Winner)
02 Счастливый Пятидесятый День рождения!
03 Zombie Season (Derby 6 Winner)
04 Close Encounters of the 2-D Kind (Derby 12 Winner)
05 Chicago Skyline (Derby 10 Runner-up)
06 Dramatic Jackalope (Derby 11 Winner)
07 Decomposition (Derby 7 Third Place)
08 Pirate Penguin (Derby 8 Winner)
09 GI Metro
10 Uh-Oh
11 Urban Meltdown (Derby 10 Winner)
12 Nobody’s Perfect
13 Capture of the Puffaluffs (Derby 11 Runner-up)
14 BreakfasTopo (Derby 4 Winner)
15 Autumn Breeze (Derby 9 Third Place)
SPECIAL EXEMPTION - available until further notice:
shirt.w00t! Launch

RIP -- Reckoned Into Perpetuity:
Fire Swallower -- Hot Wings -- Avocado Man -- Escape of the Puffaluffs (Derby 11 Third Place) -- Four Out Of Five Monsters Agree -- Vaejovis Spinigeris -- Sk8scape -- Sore Thumbs -- Go Rock Beat Paper(Derby 6 Third Place) -- Concrete Cityscape (Derby 10 Third Place) -- Thumb War -- Man-Boy -- Bird-Powered Robot -- Lady of Spain, Matadore You -- The Rustic -- Chimpanzee Robusto -- Sea Chimp -- Suicidal Maple Leaf (Derby 9 Winner) -- RTFO -- Summer To Fall (Derby 9 Runner-up) -- Oh Well -- Panda Polo (Derby 6 Runner-up) -- Bushidō (Derby 8 Runner-up) -- Pencildelic -- More Skulls -- Stop Digital Piracy (Derby 8 Third Place) -- Perched Among Blossoms -- Brain Freeze -- Bats! -- Jellyfishalicious (Derby 5 Winner) -- Mental Notes (Derby 7 Runner-up) -- Loved By The Sea -- Sewer Monster -- Deer By Numbers -- L'Homme à L'Intérieur du Chat --Snake Bouquet -- Skatetown -- Reality Isn't For Everyone (Derby 3 Winner) -- The Organic Light Beam (Derby 5 Runner-up) -- Son of Kabuki -- Sunset Tree (Derby 5 Third Place) -- Day Off -- Ka-Boom -- Green Space -- Stereo From Above -- Unhappy Meeting (Derby 2 Co-winner) -- Rat Rod -- Duct Tape Man -- See-Sawlitude --Threat Level: Doctorow -- Snowmen In Heat (Derby 2 Co-winner) -- Driving To Work -- If You Want To Destroy My Chainmail -- Pirate Trip -- Hello Squidbucket! -- Nerdy Laundry -- American Samurai -- Cube One (Derby 1 Winner) -- Too Hungry -- Scales & Bubbles -- Sci-Fi Weenie Roast -- Robot Service -- The Must-See Comedy Shirt of the Summer -- Word Problem -- This Here’s My Unicorn-Huntin’ Gun

rcktfanatic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rcktfanatic

Thanks! Cherrypicker

moviedude25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moviedude25

Can someone tell me how I can order this now that its sold out? I will buy this for $15, its the best looking shirt Woot has ever produced hands down.

All of you intolerant people that are crying foul need to remember that not everyone shares your point of view or tastes. Everyone is entitled to there own opinions.

agarmend

quality posts: 0 Private Messages agarmend

Thanks for your great and detailed response, Cherry picker!!!

Is there a way (link) that one can access the list of available shirts at any time?

Regards,

--Ander

welcmbak42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages welcmbak42

I can't believe I missed this shirt. This is so much better than all the holloween shirts in the derby. I'm going to go slit my wrists now.

Hannzo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hannzo
welcmbak42 wrote:I can't believe I missed this shirt. This is so much better than all the holloween shirts in the derby. I'm going to go slit my wrists now.

Make sure you have a black gothic shirt under you when you slit. Bam...instant replacment shirt for this one.

fackoph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fackoph

I'm sad & unhappy. This is one of the few times I didn't check shirt.woot right at midnight. I'll be spending $15 for this one.

LiveSquid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages LiveSquid
michael3182 wrote:That's all halloween is... a day when "nice girls" have the right to go out and see what it feels like to walk the street corner.... or the corner of the party where they are.

Sounds like something hit a nerve, eh? You have gf troubles last year?

darthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r
agarmend wrote:
Is there a way (link) that one can access the list of available shirts at any time?
moviedude25 wrote:Can someone tell me how I can order this now that its sold out? I will buy this for $15.

Cherrypicker wrote:
Also see Day of Reckoning FAQ, and Wikipedia w00t.shirts (last updated on Oct 15)[/i]

4094 = Camisa de los Muertos

Yes thank you cherrypicker! you are doing a very nice job keeping up with this!

On a side note Will woot ever sell the sold out shirt the same day for $15? It seems alot of people would buy the same shirt on the same day for 15 instead of looking at a sold out sign....

markmox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markmox

there is nothing offensive about heritage, read a book

teameldo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teameldo

I am an Athiest who loves Skeletons and acordians. I don't care for Christianity but I love Saying "dia de los muertos" it rolls off the toungue so nice Plus its cool to see kids dressed as Skeletons. My first woot shirt

sjalex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjalex
bpollay wrote:Esquelética literally means "rawboned." Maybe that means something like hardcore

"skeletal" is a fair translation of esquelética.

aesirx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aesirx
smokeytai wrote:I am doomed! Mountain time still confuses me after 26 years.
kcer

Look at your clock. If it says 11PM, than a new Woot has just been posted (unless you're in Arizona, in which case figure it out yourself :/)

If you do a google image search for "Guadalupe del los Muertos" you can see a fairly common image of the Lady of Guadalupe in skeletal form, in a pretty inoffensive context. People go ape-crazy for skeletons on DdlM and its usage is more respectful than anything.

aflores3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aflores3

I will agree with both of these commenters. I too am Catholic and believe Mary was assumed. My first inclination was actually to buy the shirt because I love the graphic, the culture, and the artistic value of the design, but after reflecting for a while... the shirt sold out.

I probably won't pick one up for $15 as I can't bring myself to wear a shirt with the Virgin Mary depicted as a skeleton, but great design!

Shirt.Woots
10/20/07 - Follow The Leader
Woots
12/7/07 - iRobot Roomba Vacuum Cleaning Robot with Scheduler
11/23/07 - iRobot Scooba Floor Washing Robot

mwbooth30

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwbooth30
gte037p wrote:Offensive shirt woot. This is clearly a slight at the Virgin Mary. Please be more considerate of your shirt.woot image choices.

HAHAH!obviously you're not familiar with the mexican "holiday" of dios de los muertos, or "day of the dead" in which they visit their deceased love ones and honor them.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

Easily the highest-selling hallowoot shirt come reckoning time, and probably the only one outside of PacPumpkin that survives an extra week.

bxredkilla973

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bxredkilla973

thats a pretty awesome shirt i like the color too..to bad i missed it

bxredkilla973

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bxredkilla973

wait i'm slow..u could buy a sold out woot shirt for $15??????? where!

darthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r
bxredkilla973 wrote:wait i'm slow..u could buy a sold out woot shirt for $15??????? where!

click here
then click on the orange numbers by the shirt name and it will send you to that page.

cjupiter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cjupiter

I wanted this one. However all our local parties and celebrations were this past Friday and Saturday, so our Halloween is over. Same reason I didn't get any of the Derby shirts... overnight delivery would do no good, unless they're firing up the DeLorean and shipping it to last Thursday.

I even buy the Cr@p that ISN'T random.

pkingduk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pkingduk

so like.. how does one buy a shirt?

iLLuSioNz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iLLuSioNz

The person that said this is offensive doesn't know anything about this holiday or how it is celebrated/and it's religious meaning

lunchbx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lunchbx

For tomorrow, how do you order a shirt after the day it's sold?

CHRISTMAS CRAP.

fleamarketadict

quality posts: 9 Private Messages fleamarketadict
bxredkilla973 wrote:wait i'm slow..u could buy a sold out woot shirt for $15??????? where!

lunchbx wrote:For tomorrow, how do you order a shirt after the day it's sold?

OK folks, here's what you do - first write this down somewhere:
"http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=XXXX"
Then, the next time a shirt sells out before you wake up, look beside where it says "Product(s)" and you'll see the shirt color followed by an orange 4 digit number. Write this number down somewhere, you'll need it in the morning. Substitute that number for the XXXX in the above URL and it will take you to the second chance offer page. All shirts are available for purchase the following day for $15, whether they sold out or not, but shirts that don't continue to sell are eventually "reckoned" out.

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

demonicon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages demonicon

It cracks me up that some people have referred to the celebration as DIOS de Los Muertos, which would mean "God of The Dead." It is Dia de Los Muertos. Our festival was last weekend for some strange reason.