dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:Mr. Star,
What was the question?

Just curios, I guess.

I'm wondering...did you take calculus as an elective?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:I'm wondering...did you take calculus as an elective?

Ms. Name,

to whom is your question directed?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:Ms. Name,

to whom is your question directed?

You, Mr1.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:You, Mr1.

Ms. Name,
If I had taken calculus, it would have been as a suppository.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

If I had taken calculus, it would have been as a suppository.

?
It helps move out digested food?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:?
It helps move out digested food?

?

edit: "A suppository is a drug delivery system that is inserted either into the rectum (rectal suppository), vagina (vaginal suppository) or urethra (urethral suppository) where it dissolves.

They are used to deliver both systemically-acting and locally-acting medications.

The alternative term for delivery of medicine via such routes, is known as a pharmaceutical pessary.

The general principle is that the suppository is inserted as a solid, and will dissolve inside the body to deliver the medicine."

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

So, the answer is no?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:So, the answer is no?

ms. name, sounds like you already answered.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:ms. name, sounds like you already answered.

Man, I would give anything to have lunch with your wife.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:Man, I would give anything to have lunch with your wife.

Why, Ms. Name?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:Why, Ms. Name?

Questions. Many questions.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:Questions. Many questions.

Ms. Name,

Mystery is fun!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mystery is fun!

If you say so.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:If you say so.

Ms. Name,
You disagree?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

You disagree?

It is only fun when you get an answer in the end, Which never seems to happen on woot.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:It is only fun when you get an answer in the end, Which never seems to happen on woot.

Ms. Name,
Think of it like an ongoing TV show, where many old subplot threads aren't resolved until the last episode, and some are never resolved at all. The mysteries are still fun to argue over!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Think of it like an ongoing TV show, where many old subplot threads aren't resolved until the last episode, and some are never resolved at all. The mysteries are still fun to argue over!

So this is going to be like the X-Files?
We will never know who took Mulders sister out of the West Tisbury house window?
My daughter has her POBox in West Tisbury. I wonder if she still plays that music in her head when she goes to get her mail.
do do do do do doooooooooooo do do do do do doooooooooooo dooooo do do do do doooooooo

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:So this is going to be like the X-Files?
We will never know who took Mulders sister out of the West Tisbury house window?
My daughter has her POBox in West Tisbury. I wonder if she still plays that music in her head when she goes to get her mail.
do do do do do doooooooooooo do do do do do doooooooooooo dooooo do do do do doooooooo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samantha_Mulder
"Samantha's storyline is presumably resolved in the Season 7 episode, "Closure". In that episode, Scully watches a 1989 tape in which Mulder undergoes hypnotic regression therapy, which another agent describes as "garden-variety compensatory abduction fantasy" which feeds Mulder's "unconscious hope that his sister is still alive". Later, with the help of a medium, Mulder discovers Samantha's diary, which states that in 1979 at age 14, while living in California with Jeffrey Spender, she was the subject of numerous tests at the hands of the Cigarette Smoking Man. Unable to bear the testing any longer, Samantha ran away and was eventually admitted to a hospital. Arbutus Ray, the admitting nurse from the hospital, tells Mulder about the young girl. Ray adds that a group of men (one of whom seems to be the Cigarette Smoking Man) came to the hospital to claim the girl, only to find that she had disappeared from her locked hospital room. Ray also describes how she had a vision that was eerily similar to others', who had also lost children in a similar fashion. It is revealed that Samantha was taken by "spiritual intervention" beings called "Walk-ins", which save souls from painful fates. While in the nearby woods later, Mulder has a dreamlike vision and is briefly reunited with Samantha's spirit. After Mulder returns, Scully asks if he is alright. Mulder replies "I'm fine. I'm free," suggesting that he, like several of the other parents whose children have disappeared, accepts that Samantha's soul is in "a better place"."

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
dontwantaname wrote:So this is going to be like the X-Files?

Sigh... best show in the world. I was actually one of the founding members of a dubious club: The GATB (Gillian Anderson Testosterone Brigade). Of course, that was a long time ago. And they DID resolve the sister thing... the aliens did indeed take her, and she died somewhere out in space.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

Mystery is fun!

Mr no1, I've never seen MrE mentioned on woot before. can you tell us about him?

no1

Josephus wrote:Mr no1, I've never seen MrE mentioned on woot before. can you tell us about him?

Dr. J,
It's "her." Ms. Terry.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
no1 wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samantha_Mulder
"Samantha's storyline is presumably resolved in the Season 7 episode, "Closure". In that episode, Scully watches a 1989 tape in which Mulder undergoes hypnotic regression therapy, which another agent describes as "garden-variety compensatory abduction fantasy" which feeds Mulder's "unconscious hope that his sister is still alive". Later, with the help of a medium, Mulder discovers Samantha's diary, which states that in 1979 at age 14, while living in California with Jeffrey Spender, she was the subject of numerous tests at the hands of the Cigarette Smoking Man. Unable to bear the testing any longer, Samantha ran away and was eventually admitted to a hospital. Arbutus Ray, the admitting nurse from the hospital, tells Mulder about the young girl. Ray adds that a group of men (one of whom seems to be the Cigarette Smoking Man) came to the hospital to claim the girl, only to find that she had disappeared from her locked hospital room. Ray also describes how she had a vision that was eerily similar to others', who had also lost children in a similar fashion. It is revealed that Samantha was taken by "spiritual intervention" beings called "Walk-ins", which save souls from painful fates. While in the nearby woods later, Mulder has a dreamlike vision and is briefly reunited with Samantha's spirit. After Mulder returns, Scully asks if he is alright. Mulder replies "I'm fine. I'm free," suggesting that he, like several of the other parents whose children have disappeared, accepts that Samantha's soul is in "a better place"."

For a lot of us longtime fans, that was the turning point episode where the show no longer had a spiritual heart. The show effectively jumped the shark the next season...

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samantha_Mulder

Glad I stopped watching before then!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Save the photo shop contest!
put this in your sig line for a week!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

killingtime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime

Thank you very much, mystery wooter~! It was a very nice surprise~!

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
killingtime wrote:

Thank you very much, mystery wooter~! It was a very nice surprise~!

I didn't think anyone knew your address.

Still single, can't imagine why.

no1

dontwantaname wrote:Save the photo shop contest!
put this in your sig line for a week!

Ms Name,
How would putting this in my sig save the photoshop contest?

mwiseman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman
no1 wrote:Ms Name,
How would putting this in my sig save the photoshop contest?

Hey, look what it did for the whales.
Maybe we should print it in Japanese, too.
Just to be safe.

Josephus

FenStar wrote:I didn't think anyone knew your address.

ha! silly boy- she sent boxes of crap all over the country- how could several of us not know her address?

-not that it was me, it wasn't.

Josephus

mwiseman wrote:Hey, look what it did for the whales.
Maybe we should print it in Japanese, too.
Just to be safe.

-not that we'd know it actually said that.

Josephus

dontwantaname wrote:I'm wondering...did you take calculus as an elective?

I took it in high school- 2 yrs. That allowed me to get advanced placement in college into the second year calculus class. big mistake.
I had to get a B to get credit for the first year, and barely, just barely scraped by with a low B. messed up my GPA, lowered my other grades because I had to study so hard for the calculus, which I NEVER really understood. Differential equations, it was. horrible.

no1

What was the question?

Just curios, I guess.

FenStar

no1 wrote:

I don't remember, I may have figured it out.
Edit: here is a question, where can I find info on how to calculate the amount of weight a structure can hold. like I have a bunch of beams and I want to know how much stress is on each one and stuff like that.

Josephus

FenStar wrote:I don't remember, I may have figured it out.
Edit: here is a question, where can I find info on how to calculate the amount of weight a structure can hold. like I have a bunch of beams and I want to know how much stress is on each one and stuff like that.

Ideally, you'd call an engineer and ask them. This is more difficult than it sounds, though. My brother-in-law is an engineer for Boeing (worked on the F-18), and to ask him a question, you have to do some serious distracting of him, then your question has to grab his interest. Otherwise, he will fade quickly back into the fog he lives in, where he has to be reminded to come home from work, etc.

FenStar

Josephus wrote:Ideally, you'd call an engineer and ask them. This is more difficult than it sounds, though. My brother-in-law is an engineer for Boeing (worked on the F-18), and to ask him a question, you have to do some serious distracting of him, then your question has to grab his interest. Otherwise, he will fade quickly back into the fog he lives in, where he has to be reminded to come home from work, etc.

Well, this is for school so we (or I) would have to figure it out.

no1

FenStar wrote:Well, this is for school so we (or I) would have to figure it out.

Mr. Star,
If this is for an engineering class, ideally your textbook would outline a straightforward method, ideally in a section that was recently assigned for you to read before doing the homework.

FenStar

If this is for an engineering class, ideally your textbook would outline a straightforward method, ideally in a section that was recently assigned for you to read before doing the homework.

I have a special research topics class, and we have to decide on what to do. I was hoping to have some background info done the next time we meat.

no1

FenStar wrote:I have a special research topics class, and we have to decide on what to do. I was hoping to have some background info done the next time we meat.

Mr. Star,
This sounds like an engineering problem. Like Dr. J said, you could consult an engineer, or possibly an engineering textbook, depending on how much time you have to read the book and how in-depth you want the analysis to be.

gwp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwp
FenStar wrote:I have a special research topics class, and we have to decide on what to do. I was hoping to have some background info done the next time we meat.

Ah, so this is how much meat a structure can hold. That's different.

To create a formula, select a structure that has an easily measurable volume, such as a phone booth or a small automobile, like a Volkswagen.

Next, see how much meat will fit in this structure. Buying actual food-grade meat in quantities sufficient to fill either of these structures would be cost-prohibitive, not to speak of the logistics of how best to dispose of it when complete.

Instead, recruit members of your class, various collegiate sporting teams, cheerleaders, etc. These folks are all made of meat, so to speak, and will be a suitable replacement. Each package is also already generally well aware of its own weight, saving the effort of individual weighing and tabulation.

You may have to employ the use of a solvent, such as alcohol, to achieve the optimum packing density. Chemistry is not an obvious complement to structural engineering, but trust us, it works.

Once you establish the amount of meat that will fit into your subject structure, you may develop a simple formula based on a multiplier/divisor that may be used on a structure of any other known volume.

Good luck, and keep engineering!

Josephus

gwp wrote:Ah, so this is how much meat a structure can hold. That's different.

To create a formula, select a structure that has an easily measurable volume, such as a phone booth or a small automobile, like a Volkswagen.

Next, see how much meat will fit in this structure. Buying actual food-grade meat in quantities sufficient to fill either of these structures would be cost-prohibitive, not to speak of the logistics of how best to dispose of it when complete.

Instead, recruit members of your class, various collegiate sporting teams, cheerleaders, etc. These folks are all made of meat, so to speak, and will be a suitable replacement. Each package is also already generally well aware of its own weight, saving the effort of individual weighing and tabulation.

You may have to employ the use of a solvent, such as alcohol, to achieve the optimum packing density. Chemistry is not an obvious complement to structural engineering, but trust us, it works.

Once you establish the amount of meat that will fit into your subject structure, you may develop a simple formula based on a multiplier/divisor that may be used on a structure of any other known volume.

Good luck, and keep engineering!

I told you an engineer would know how to do it.