no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Josephus wrote:I told you an engineer would know how to do it.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
no1 wrote:

there as a time when you would have hand-painted that engineer and train. taken for granted, that's what we are.

acemom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
Josephus wrote:there as a time when you would have hand-painted that engineer and train. taken for granted, that's what we are.

I just like thinking of my friends and family as meat.
It tickles me.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:ha! silly boy- she sent boxes of crap all over the country- how could several of us not know her address?

-not that it was me, it wasn't.

Joe, pay attention, she moved since then.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
dontwantaname wrote:Joe, pay attention, she moved since then.

Twice, apparently.

Still single, can't imagine why.

Josephus

dontwantaname wrote:Joe, pay attention, she moved since then.

so? Every time I have ever moved, I have informed my friends and family of my new address.

why are we having this conversation, anyway?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:so? Every time I have ever moved, I have informed my friends and family of my new address.

why are we having this conversation, anyway?

I don't know.
I'm cranky? Looking for trouble?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:I don't know.
I'm cranky? Looking for trouble?

I must be too, cause I was wondering the same thing. Thought about asking why I was reading it. Ohh well, nobody chatting anywhere else.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:I must be too, cause I was wondering the same thing. Thought about asking why I was reading it. Ohh well, nobody chatting anywhere else.

I think I'm catching the woot cold that has been going around.
Plus my 85 year old mom was talking about selling the house and moving....but not into an assisted living place, because she doesn't need that . but she is 85! She want to move and then move in a few years????
Plus she doesn't have money for the luxury places and doesn't like the town run ones.
She wants something smaller, without being any smaller. Near stores, I never saw an adult community walking distance from stores....
Hell, we have been looking for two years for a kitchen broom! A broom!
I didn't even know there was a difference from one broom to another. They sweep. But nooooo, none are right.
How the heck will we ever find an apartment she likes and can afford.

Ugh.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:I think I'm catching the woot cold that has been going around.
Plus my 85 year old mom was talking about selling the house and moving....but not into an assisted living place, because she doesn't need that . but she is 85! She want to move and then move in a few years????
Plus she doesn't have money for the luxury places and doesn't like the town run ones.
She wants something smaller, without being any smaller. Near stores, I never saw an adult community walking distance from stores....
Hell, we have been looking for two years for a kitchen broom! A broom!
I didn't even know there was a difference from one broom to another. They sweep. But nooooo, none are right.
How the heck will we ever find an apartment she likes and can afford.

Ugh.

I didn't think they even took them into assisted living if it wasn't necessary. Many places have independent living, assisted living and nursing homes in the same complex. Look online for HUD subsidized ones in your area.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

O M G, I just saw a report with the 911 calls from the tiger attack.
I want to be on that jury! The 911 operator didn't believe the guy and blew him off!
Lets face it, lots of 911 calls are pranks, but you have to go to all of them, that is the nature of the job.
That guy bleed to death. Maybe he would have anyway, but when nobody comes because the 911 gal thinks it is a stoner calling in a prank...well then he will die for sure.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I didn't think they even took them into assisted living if it wasn't necessary. Many places have independent living, assisted living and nursing homes in the same complex. Look online for HUD subsidized ones in your area.

That is what she needs. An apartment with the choice of eating with others and activities.
Right now she is close to not driving, but is OK otherwise.
I bet when I start really looking it will be expensive or bare bones. I know the towns built a bunch of senior apartments in the 70's, but they were small, with no services . She has seen them and hated them.
Now there are these private ones going up, but they cost a fortune.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I'm just thinking you don't move into a 55 and over community with no options for assisted living of any sorts when you are 85 and your parents lived well into their 90's.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
dontwantaname wrote:O M G, I just saw a report with the 911 calls from the tiger attack.
I want to be on that jury! The 911 operator didn't believe the guy and blew him off!
Lets face it, lots of 911 calls are pranks, but you have to go to all of them, that is the nature of the job.
That guy bleed to death. Maybe he would have anyway, but when nobody comes because the 911 gal thinks it is a stoner calling in a prank...well then he will die for sure.

Wow, That is horrid. That girl should get quite a long sentence, and her supervisors should be looked into.

Still single, can't imagine why.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:I'm just thinking you don't move into a 55 and over community with no options for assisted living of any sorts when you are 85 and your parents lived well into their 90's.

My mom's 84 and she's moving into independent living. My m-i-l is almost 88 and she wouldn't need assisted living.

Josephus

dontwantaname wrote:O M G, I just saw a report with the 911 calls from the tiger attack.

I think the people at the zoo didn't believe them either when they first reported it.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:I think the people at the zoo didn't believe them either when they first reported it.

That may be who she was talking to. But still, you have to act as if the call is real.
Then ticket or send the person to jail if the call is fake.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
dontwantaname wrote:That may be who she was talking to. But still, you have to act as if the call is real.
Then ticket or send the person to jail if the call is fake.

i suspect that's one of the harder parts of the job day-in and day-out... they have to dispatch on a lot of things they know will be nothing... that or the sheer boredom of most of the time... we should ask brownie, though i think she's in a smaller place and doesn't have to deal with so much crap... i've gained a big appreciation for the dispatchers and what they do

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Josephus wrote:there as a time when you would have hand-painted that engineer and train. taken for granted, that's what we are.

Not at all, Dr. J. I'm just a bit burnt out.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:Not at all, Dr. J. I'm just a bit burnt out.

Poor mr1. He needs a weekend without little one.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

gwp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwp
dontwantaname wrote:Poor mr1. He needs a weekend without little one.

Or, perhaps, seek advice on parenting from strangers ...

(Lots of really helpful suggestions there though ...)

Josephus

no1 wrote:Not at all, Dr. J. I'm just a bit burnt out.

you need a firefighter to help you out. Won't be mine, though, he's dying on the vine.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Josephus wrote:you need a firefighter to help you out. Won't be mine, though, he's dying on the vine.

You see, if you would have stolen a firefighter design from Schoolhouse rock, you'd be in there for sure...

killingtime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime

*bump*

*good little thread*

*pats head*

*kisses on the forehead*

*nite*

acemom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
killingtime wrote:*bump*

*good little thread*

*pats head*

*kisses on the forehead*

*nite*

Ah crap, I missed you.

pooflady

acemom wrote:Ah crap, I missed you.

Kinda hard not to miss her when she's only around for six minutes.

killingtime

acemom wrote:Ah crap, I missed you.

Heh. You know where to find me, missy!

pooflady wrote:Kinda hard not to miss her when she's only around for six minutes.

Is that an approximation or an actual calculation?

Better than two seconds or two minutes, no?

Josephus

killingtime wrote:Is that an approximation or an actual calculation?

Better than two seconds or two minutes, no?

"that's what she said."
heh.

killingtime

Josephus wrote:"that's what she said."
heh.

Indeed..."two seconds..."

This also applies to the length of time men will spend on backrubs...

Heh.

Morning Josephus!

Josephus

killingtime wrote:Indeed..."two seconds..."

This also applies to the length of time men will spend on backrubs...

Heh.

Morning Josephus!

morning.

psssst: I notice you're posting a bit more. sweet.

pooflady

15 minutes this time. We're on a roll.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:"that's what she said."
heh.

Joe, what do I have to change in my sig to link to the new photochop contest???

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Joe, If something goes wrong with you sig line, it is because I tried to hack into it to get the new address.
I looked at it, cut and paste what I thought I needed, and tried to just get out...but I don't know if it worked.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Josephus

dontwantaname wrote:Joe, If something goes wrong with you sig line, it is because I tried to hack into it to get the new address.
I looked at it, cut and paste what I thought I needed, and tried to just get out...but I don't know if it worked.

so, it's fine. all you have to do is to go to the contests tab from the main woot page, and click on the contest you want to link to. then copy the url to your clipboard. (Ctrl-C) Then go to your signature and create a line like this: .
populate the empty space after 'url=' with the url of the current contest that you just put on your clipboard. remove the empty space after 'img'
populate the space between 'img]' and '[/img]' with the url of the image you want displayed. that's it.

oh, then delete the password ***s in the 'new password' space on your account, and click update. Why they put those there is beyond me. just to annoy you when you update your signature, I guess.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:so, it's fine. all you have to do is to go to the contests tab from the main woot page, and click on the contest you want to link to. then copy the url to your clipboard. (Ctrl-C) Then go to your signature and create a line like this: .
populate the empty space after 'url=' with the url of the current contest that you just put on your clipboard. remove the empty space after 'img'
populate the space between 'img]' and '[/img]' with the url of the image you want displayed. that's it.

oh, then delete the password ***s in the 'new password' space on your account, and click update. Why they put those there is beyond me. just to annoy you when you update your signature, I guess.

I think I did it. The first time I thought I stole the new page from you, but I got your text.
Then I deleted what I thought was wrong and got you text and no graphics.

Then I gave up, went back to the original picture and played with that. It seems right now!
It just seemed easier at first to steal it from you using my mod button......abusing power never works!
Well.....it seems to in real life for the rich and powerful, but not for me.

I never had to deal with the password when changing my sig line. I wonder why you do?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Josephus

dontwantaname wrote:I think I did it. The first time I thought I stole the new page from you, but I got your text.
Then I deleted what I thought was wrong and got you text and no graphics.

Then I gave up, went back to the original picture and played with that. It seems right now!
It just seemed easier at first to steal it from you using my mod button......abusing power never works!
Well.....it seems to in real life for the rich and powerful, but not for me.

I never had to deal with the password when changing my sig line. I wonder why you do?

whenever I go to the 'my account' page, the new signature box is filled with my password asterisked out.. I have to delete it when I update the sig or it refuses me because I have only filled one of the new password boxes.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:whenever I go to the 'my account' page, the new signature box is filled with my password asterisked out.. I have to delete it when I update the sig or it refuses me because I have only filled one of the new password boxes.

Never had to do that.

Who is edgar and why are you being so mean to him?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Josephus

dontwantaname wrote:Never had to do that.

Who is edgar and why are you being so mean to him?

Edgar R McCherley is probably the most talented artist who enters the derby. bar none. His entries are wonderfully bizarre and whimsical. Since I have no talent for graffiti at all, I decided to support his pictures instead of grasping ineffectually at trying to get, you know, at best maybe 35 votes for mine. click the link and you will at leasts see that entry. He also has two more, one with a giant making graffiti by throwing blue and green people against the wall. hilarious!

killingtime

Why do I get the distinct feeling that everyone on earth is watching football at this exact moment in time?

So far, I have balanced my checkbook, checked my orders arriving this week, gave my cat some meds and went to Dunkin' Donuts for a coffee...

This is just way too exciting of a life I lead...

Yesterday was better...two of the three cats puked...nothing says "good morning" like a 4 am heaving...

killingtime

Oh...and I don't know if my OCD is getting better or worse.

Today I was analyzing why I use my debit card more than I use cash. I was reminded why that is so when I was asked to hold some change (coins) while in line at the coffee shop. Coins smell gross.