dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

killingtime wrote:Oh...and I don't know if my OCD is getting better or worse.

Today I was analyzing why I use my debit card more than I use cash. I was reminded why that is so when I was asked to hold some change (coins) while in line at the coffee shop. Coins smell gross.

Coins smell gross?????

That is a new one.

You should have called, I just went to dunkin donuts too!
Still drinking it

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

I don't believe I've ever smelled coins.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
killingtime wrote:Why do I get the distinct feeling that everyone on earth is watching football at this exact moment in time?

So far, I have balanced my checkbook, checked my orders arriving this week, gave my cat some meds and went to Dunkin' Donuts for a coffee...

This is just way too exciting of a life I lead...

Yesterday was better...two of the three cats puked...nothing says "good morning" like a 4 am heaving...

i worked 10.25 hour yesterday... not consecutively - 4:30-8:30AM, 6PM-12:15AM, and I couldn't fall asleep during my break...

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

pooflady wrote:I don't believe I've ever smelled coins.

sometimes they can, and leave your hands smelling funny... but why use a debit instead of a credit card? at least with my card, i'm charged no interest on purchases from the current period if i've paid my previous two bills in full, and if that card or number is ever stolen, I have better protection than if my debit card is stolen...

Skye — 1997-2007

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
pooflady wrote:I don't believe I've ever smelled coins.

KT replies:

"how can you not smell them? just having them in your hand, it is just overpowering. Unless they've been freshly bleached.

like my coins."

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
killingtime wrote:Why do I get the distinct feeling that everyone on earth is watching football at this exact moment in time?

I don't get any of the games, so no, I was not watching football at that moment, nor this moment, if it helps.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

killingtime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
Josephus wrote:KT replies:

"how can you not smell them? just having them in your hand, it is just overpowering. Unless they've been freshly bleached.

like my coins."

jejeje!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Alcohol would be easier. Don't have to worry about messing up your clothing from the bleach.

Hi KT!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

Wretched tainted fudge?

Still single, can't imagine why.

jqubed

FenStar wrote:Wretched tainted fudge?

one of the recent google april fools' day jokes...

Skye — 1997-2007

Uncorked

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Uncorked

Good evening Misfits.....

I'm Baaaaccckkkk!!!

Domestic Zymologist since 1980

FenStar

Fen sleepy and fen need to get up early. Nite all.

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee
Uncorked wrote:Good evening Misfits.....

I'm Baaaaccckkkk!!!

UNK! Where you been? How are you and your lovely wife?????

jqubed

JoeDeeDee wrote:UNK! Where you been? How are you and your lovely wife?????

*pssst* come over to PWA...

Skye — 1997-2007

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Uncorked wrote:Good evening Misfits.....

I'm Baaaaccckkkk!!!

hey, old man. good to see ya.

killingtime

So, my husband really is a jerk. I called my attorney to ask her if we've been served yet. She replied in the positive. I asked her when we were served. She said, "Two or so days ago."

So, I am looking at my calendar counting back two or so days, realizing that Monday was Martin Luther King Day and there was no mail so the attorney must have gotten it on Friday, January 18th, which ironically (or not so ironically) was the day he proposed to me.

Impeccable timing...

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
killingtime wrote:So, my husband really is a jerk. I called my attorney to ask her if we've been served yet. She replied in the positive. I asked her when we were served. She said, "Two or so days ago."

So, I am looking at my calendar counting back two or so days, realizing that Monday was Martin Luther King Day and there was no mail so the attorney must have gotten it on Friday, January 18th, which ironically (or not so ironically) was the day he proposed to me.

Impeccable timing...

Ms. Time,
Not to excuse the jerk, but is it possible it was sent FedEx? or if mailed, mabe his attorney could have sent it out a week ago without knowing the significance of the date?

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
no1 wrote:Ms. Time,
Not to excuse the jerk, but is it possible it was sent FedEx? or if mailed, mabe his attorney could have sent it out a week ago without knowing the significance of the date?

I also don't want to make excuses (or stereotype), but I don't think most men remember the significance of dates. My husband only remembers my birthday because it's the same as his (different years). I'm seriously considering getting the kids' birthdays tattoo'd on him so he doesn't have to keep asking.

killingtime

no1 wrote:Ms. Time,

Possible, but considering, he sent me the original paperwork on our wedding date, it is highly coincidental.

no1

krapposelli wrote:I also don't want to make excuses (or stereotype), but I don't think most men remember the significance of dates. My husband only remembers my birthday because it's the same as his (different years). I'm seriously considering getting the kids' birthdays tattoo'd on him so he doesn't have to keep asking.

"What's this date on my arm?"

krapposelli

killingtime wrote:Possible, but considering, he sent me the original paperwork on our wedding date, it is highly coincidental.

Ignore my earlier comment. He's clearly trying to hurt you. Don't give him that power or satisfaction.

krapposelli

no1 wrote:"What's this date on my arm?"

Okay, so I'll get their name and a portrait of their faces too... hope he has a high enough pain tolerance...

pooflady

killingtime wrote:Possible, but considering, he sent me the original paperwork on our wedding date, it is highly coincidental.

What a jerk.

no1

Ms. Time,
I can't think of anything to say. I can't believe he did that.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

For some reason, the act of hurting you justifies the whole thing (divorce) to them. There's that smidgen of guilt and it helps get rid of it. At least that's what I read.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

acemom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
daj59 wrote:For some reason, the act of hurting you justifies the whole thing (divorce) to them. There's that smidgen of guilt and it helps get rid of it. At least that's what I read.

Agreed. He's doing it because it p*sses him off that he feels guilty.
My ex did unbelievably cruel things to me right before and during our divorce.
And now he can't understand why we can't be "friends".
Yeah, right.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

killingtime wrote:So, my husband really is a jerk. I called my attorney to ask her if we've been served yet. She replied in the positive. I asked her when we were served. She said, "Two or so days ago."

Impeccable timing...

You should just use it as another reason you can be happy he is gone.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining
dontwantaname wrote:You should just use it as another reason you can be happy he is gone.

FenStar

Raining wrote:Here in Texas we shoot the twits and get a good lawyer, get off and live happily.

*sigh*

no1

FenStar wrote:*sigh*

What's the sigh for, Mr. Star?

edit: Turn that frown upside down!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:What's the sigh for, Mr. Star?

edit: Turn that frown upside down!

He is planning on getting married, moving to TX and then being a twit.

Anyone want to read daughters latest article? PM me.
I'm thinking putting a link on the forum isn't the best idea now that I'm a mod.

Not that it is anything great, just that she sent a link that is easy to cut and paste.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:He is planning on getting married, moving to TX and then being a twit.

Anyone want to read daughters latest article? PM me.
I'm thinking putting a link on the forum isn't the best idea now that I'm a mod.

Not that it is anything great, just that she sent a link that is easy to cut and paste.

Sure. E-mail me.

jqubed

that's despicable... i hope at the very least your lawyer can nail him in the settlement... though maybe vengeance isn't the best goal in life

Skye — 1997-2007

pooflady

I don't know why, but any time I see the word "despicable" I think of Sylvester Puddy Cat.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:I don't know why, but any time I see the word "despicable" I think of Sylvester Puddy Cat.

I know what you mean. I have trouble saying it without a lisp.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

gwp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwp
daj59 wrote:I know what you mean. I have trouble saying it without a lisp.

Schthufferin' Schthuccotash!

pooflady

gwp wrote:Schthufferin' Schthuccotash!

Yeah, that one, too. And you kind of spit a little when you say it.

gwp

pooflady wrote:Yeah, that one, too. And you kind of spit a little when you say it.

I kind of spit a little when I typed it ...

pooflady

gwp wrote:I kind of spit a little when I typed it ...

Started any seeds yet?

gwp

pooflady wrote:Started any seeds yet?

Heh, no, but I am getting a little stir crazy and looking for a project.

When I quit smoking I started a pretty expensive pretzel habit to replace it, and now have about 2 dozen of those huge, clear plastic pretzel barrels (about 2 Gal). I've been contemplating making some terrariums with them.

I had been spending the morning trying to get myself motivated to go setup a workspace in the basement for that project. Maybe after lunch.