FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
Uncorked wrote:Apparently so......as long as you can afford the right lawyer..

What do I do about it?

Still single, can't imagine why.

Uncorked

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Uncorked
FenStar wrote:What do I do about it?

Very good question......I guess you need to be like that corporate president who's company is doing poorly and only makes a mere 50 million dollars because he didn't get his bonuses......bank apparently makes much money through whatever means they don't want posted on the internet, and so can influence many people in high places....I don't have a clue what you can do....I suppose with the right group of highly talented programmers....never mind......

Domestic Zymologist since 1980

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Uncorked wrote:Very good question......I guess you need to be like that corporate president who's company is doing poorly and only makes a mere 50 million dollars because he didn't get his bonuses......bank apparently makes much money through whatever means they don't want posted on the internet, and so can influence many people in high places....I don't have a clue what you can do....I suppose with the right group of highly talented programmers....never mind......

I see NOTHINK!!!

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

FenStar

college kids click here Free Microsoft programs that usually cost $100's

killingtime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed

killingtime

jqubed wrote:kt! hi!!!

Heya cutie.

jqubed

killingtime wrote:Heya cutie.

how are you doing?

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

jqubed wrote:how are you doing?

guess i'll catch ya later... bye kt!

Skye — 1997-2007

FenStar

jqubed wrote:guess i'll catch ya later... bye kt!

Did you see my link?

jqubed

FenStar wrote:Did you see my link?

yeah, but I haven't programmed in years. I might check it out later, cause it seems like too much hassle for now. I recently found out Microsoft has free, express versions of the various Visual Studio programs available for download; probably more than I'd ever need.

Skye — 1997-2007

gwp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwp

*sniff, sniff ...

Do you smell bleach?

And Diet Coke?

butterfly6523

quality posts: 0 Private Messages butterfly6523
gwp wrote:*sniff, sniff ...

Do you smell bleach?

And Diet Coke?

*sniff, sniff
I smell Purple Salvia & Blue Lobelia blooming.

FenStar

Does anyone have younger kids that might be out with their backpacks on after dark?
Land's End has own brand backpacks with electroluminescent lights in a variety of colors for $15 with free shipping using code FREESHIPPING and pin 530553055. Thanks slpmom

killingtime

gwp wrote:*sniff, sniff ...

Do you smell bleach?

And Diet Coke?

Hello. I sometimes smell oatmeal, too. :smile:

butterfly6523 wrote:*sniff, sniff
I smell Purple Salvia & Blue Lobelia blooming.

If only you were a guy & said those things to me...we'd be on our way to the altar (or elsewhere)...

*sigh*

It made me teary that you would remember such intimate details.

(Long time no talk, terry...I still don't have your email address!)

FenStar wrote:Does anyone have younger kids that might be out with their backpacks on after dark?
Land's End has own brand backpacks with electroluminescent lights in a variety of colors for $15 with free shipping using code FREESHIPPING and pin 530553055. Thanks slpmom

Fen is just so sexy when he gets down to business, isn't he? Heh.

In other news, Dad goes in for his heart operation this Thursday, February 28th. I took some time off work to take Mom to the hospital (which is in downtown Boston) as she doesn't drive to/in the city.

I am on three committees...the activities committee, the web site committee and the reunion committee at that separated, divorced and widowed support group thing I go to.

I've been asked on two dates, but nothing/no one special and am getting better with the "let's be friends/I'm not ready to date" speech. It is really difficult to find someone that provides satisfactory intellectual stimulation. I have heard some corny lines lately...too embarrassing to write here.

I've started a book club. There are about 15-20 participants. We are on the second book, The Glass Castle. If any of you like to read, it is a NY Times Best Seller and is a page turner...

I've decided to drive to Kentucky (with Fen's prodding) the week in April that will be my one year anniversary from the separation and coincidentally includes Robert Smith's birthday (pending nothing get scheduled for that time i.e. court). I've always wanted to go...the rolling hills, the hay bales, the horses, the rising mist...and tons and tons of green grass. Believe it or not, I haven't had much time to myself (to figure out what's next) & am looking forward to being alone...

My 3 cats are fantastic. I love them dearly. All of them sleep on the bed with me at night which is helpful as it makes the bed seem less empty. I still sleep with a vertical pillow to divide the space. I've also made some breakthroughs with the most skittish one. I've gotten her to lie in the crook of my arm, expose her belly for rubbing and she in turn rubs her head against my chin or cheek. We just need to work on the time a little bit better...2 and 4 am are not mutually convenient times.

Understandably, I still have those feeling sorry for myself, what a sad-sack of *bleep* days. When I see a pregnant woman, I get a little queazy...wondering if that is the one...

I miss everyone. I am thankful for those who have kept in touch. It means a great deal to me. I feel you are all true friends. Until next time...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

It's good to hear from you KT! I'll keep your family in my prayers for your father's surgery.

You are indeed keeping yourself quite busy. Good girl!

I am NOT customer service.
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
daj59 wrote:It's good to hear from you KT! I'll keep your family in my prayers for your father's surgery.

You are indeed keeping yourself quite busy. Good girl!

Seconded!

Very good to see you posting KT. Tennessee sounds like it will be very nice. I have never been.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Uncorked

KtCallista wrote:Seconded!

Very good to see you posting KT. Tennessee sounds like it will be very nice. I have never been.

Tennessee at the end of March...woohoo!!!!!!

KT, good to see you keeping busy, hopefully starting to heal.
Why are we humans so loving sometimes & so cruel so much of the time......
keep your spirits up.......(helping others = helping yourself)

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Hi KT!
There has been a ton of interest in the birdhouse this week! All sorts of birds checking it out.

Glad you are getting back to normal. Come back soon.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

FenStar

KtCallista wrote:Seconded!

Do you mean Kentucky?

And to KT: I was asleep when you IMed me last night.

KtCallista

FenStar wrote:Do you mean Kentucky?

And to KT: I was asleep when you IMed me last night.

Probably, one of those long skinny states on that side of the insanity. I could go back an reread, but it'd all be a blur still, trying to recoop on the three days of no sleep. . . . sorry KT, sorry Fen.

FenStar

KtCallista wrote:Probably, one of those long skinny states on that side of the insanity. I could go back an reread, but it'd all be a blur still, trying to recoop on the three days of no sleep. . . . sorry KT, sorry Fen.

Sorry for what? You didn't do anything wrong. Having no sleep vacuums.

KtCallista

FenStar wrote:Sorry for what? You didn't do anything wrong. Having no sleep vacuums.

Thanks Fen, I wasn't sure how sensitive the states were to being randomly mixed up by a slightly deranged sleep deprived Westerner. Some people get pretty riled up about confusing states thing. I meant no harm, just was thinking of an association when I started typing.

You think if we keep talking about nothing in here that people will come back?

terrybatey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey

Hi KT, so glad to hear you're keeping yourself busy with positive energy. ;)
Hard to imagine that the Mistress of Woot has lost an email address. l o l After all, it is soooooo easy to remember. PM

terrybatey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey
Uncorked wrote:Tennessee at the end of March...woohoo!!!!!!

KT, good to see you keeping busy, hopefully starting to heal.
Why are we humans so loving sometimes & so cruel so much of the time......
keep your spirits up.......(helping others = helping yourself)

WooHoo Uncorked is back!!!! Wow, haven't seen your name in the longest time. Hope all is well with you two and you've been sharing plenty of good wine through this long winter together. Please say hi to LKK for me. ;)

Uncorked

terrybatey wrote:WooHoo Uncorked is back!!!! Wow, haven't seen your name in the longest time. Hope all is well with you two and you've been sharing plenty of good wine through this long winter together. Please say hi to LKK for me. ;)

Not back as much as I used to be, but dropping by more often.
We're doing well, plenty of wine has disappeared this winter.
LKK says "Hi!" back at ya....

killingtime

Update:

Took Dad to hospital at 6 am yesterday for surgery. He was taken into the OR at 12:30 pm. I knew my Dad's heart was operating at a low percentage, but didn't realize it was just 10%. I also was not informed about how risky this surgery would be as my parents kept referring to it as a "bypass." So, I was thinking bypass as in the singular form of bypass.

Around 7:00 pm, the doctor came in. The operation took 6 hours or so. He ended up having a quadruple bypass. Then there was a "leaky valve" and a big clot. They replaced a few of the things with pig stuff, I think. He was considered too old for titanium or porcelain. I guess the pig stuff lasts for 15 years or so. Even with the quadruple bipass, his maximum heart efficiency will be 25%, which is still a lot more than previously.

The clot is of major concern right now as it determines if he stroked or will stroke in the next 24-48 hours. At 7:45 pm, we got to see Dad for a brief moment. Initially, I saw someone who looked like my Dad in room 8 and I was freaking out. The man was struggling to breathe at all and it wasn't a pretty sight. Luckily the nurse said he was in room 7. Phew! Dad looked puffy and was bleeding quite a bit...from the heart and the grafts from his legs. My sister was on the verge of tears because of the breathing tube and all the other connections. I actually thought he looked pretty good other than the fact that he looked bloated.

I was most nervous talking to him before going in because I was beginning to understand the gravity of the situation. I think that they (Mom & Dad) were trying to obscure the level of risk from me because of everything I've been through this past year.

Dad is still not awake, which is typical after an operation like this, and they will slowly try to wake him up throughout the day so they can ask him questions to see if any stroking occurred.

I thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. I know it isn't over yet, but it was nice knowing people were wishing him well yesterday.

I also want to express my deepest condolences to GWP and his family for their recent loss....

-KT

ThunderThighs

Staff

KT, it sounds like your dad is doing very well after such a difficult operation. You'll continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there Girl!

••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
killingtime wrote:Update

I forgot this was happening yesterday, but I hope Mr. killingtime-père is stable and improving.

killingtime wrote:I also want to express my deepest condolences to GWP and his family for their recent loss....

I don't know what's happening here, but I wish only the best for Mr. gwp and his family.

gwp

killingtime wrote:I thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. I know it isn't over yet, but it was nice knowing people were wishing him well yesterday.

Keep us close. We're here to lend a shoulder or help you celebrate any victories as well.

killingtime wrote:I also want to express my deepest condolences to GWP and his family for their recent loss....

-KT

I truly appreciate your friendship and support. Thank you.

gwp

no1 wrote:I don't know what's happening here, but I wish only the best for Mr. gwp and his family.

Thank you Sir. My mother passed on Wednesday afternoon, after being hospitalized for bypass surgery (successful) and partial lung removal (too late) a month ago. For her, and us, a difficult chapter has ended.

This coming week I will move my father back to my town. (They moved in December about an hour from here so she could seek cancer treatment) I've already made arrangements for him at an assisted living facility about a mile from my house. It's a really nice place, near friends and family (and familiar surroundings), and he's looking forward to it.

Edit: And, if she and Boyd Coddington have arrived at the same final reward, and he gives her any attitude, I hope she hauls off and slugs him. Jus' sayin'.

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee

KT, hope your father continues to improve; we're keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

gwp, so sorry to hear about your loss. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

no1

gwp wrote:Thank you Sir. My mother passed on Wednesday afternoon, after being hospitalized for bypass surgery (successful) and partial lung removal (too late) a month ago. For her, and us, a difficult chapter has ended.

I am sorry to hear that your mother has passed, Mr. gwp. I didn't know her, but based on my limited observations of you, I can guess that she was a good mother. Please accept my sincerest condolences.

gwp

no1 wrote:I am sorry to hear that your mother has passed, Mr. gwp. I didn't know her, but based on my limited observations of you, I can guess that she was a good mother. Please accept my sincerest condolences.

Thank you Sir. You are quite astute and very accurate. She was indeed. She would have been both embarrassed and flattered by that assessment.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

gwp wrote:Thank you Sir. My mother passed on Wednesday afternoon, after being hospitalized for bypass surgery (successful) and partial lung removal (too late) a month ago. For her, and us, a difficult chapter has ended.

This coming week I will move my father back to my town. (They moved in December about an hour from here so she could seek cancer treatment) I've already made arrangements for him at an assisted living facility about a mile from my house. It's a really nice place, near friends and family (and familiar surroundings), and he's looking forward to it.

Edit: And, if she and Boyd Coddington have arrived at the same final reward, and he gives her any attitude, I hope she hauls off and slugs him. Jus' sayin'.

I am so sorry to hear that gwp. It is a blessing when there was a long illness, yet it is a hard road to travel. I'll keep you in my prayers.

It is good that your dad is looking forward to the change. I have heard that single men are in demand in those places! I bet he will enjoy it once he settles in.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:

What's the matter, Ms. Name? Rat got your tongue?

mwiseman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman

Best wishes on your Dad's speedy recovery, KT.
My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family, GWP.

Getting old doesn't bother me so much; I just hate what it does to the people I care about.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

mwiseman wrote:Best wishes on your Dad's speedy recovery, KT.
My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family, GWP.

Getting old doesn't bother me so much; I just hate what it does to the people I care about.

You want to do what my dad did. Just die. As long as you aren't driving, that is the way to do it.
Helps if you are the right age.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

killingtime wrote:Update:

Took Dad to hospital at 6 am yesterday for surgery. He was taken into the OR at 12:30 pm. I knew my Dad's heart was operating at a low percentage, but didn't realize it was just 10%. I also was not informed about how risky this surgery would be as my parents kept referring to it as a "bypass." So, I was thinking bypass as in the singular form of bypass.

Around 7:00 pm, the doctor came in. The operation took 6 hours or so. He ended up having a quadruple bypass. Then there was a "leaky valve" and a big clot. They replaced a few of the things with pig stuff, I think. He was considered too old for titanium or porcelain. I guess the pig stuff lasts for 15 years or so. Even with the quadruple bipass, his maximum heart efficiency will be 25%, which is still a lot more than previously.

The clot is of major concern right now as it determines if he stroked or will stroke in the next 24-48 hours. At 7:45 pm, we got to see Dad for a brief moment. Initially, I saw someone who looked like my Dad in room 8 and I was freaking out. The man was struggling to breathe at all and it wasn't a pretty sight. Luckily the nurse said he was in room 7. Phew! Dad looked puffy and was bleeding quite a bit...from the heart and the grafts from his legs. My sister was on the verge of tears because of the breathing tube and all the other connections. I actually thought he looked pretty good other than the fact that he looked bloated.

I was most nervous talking to him before going in because I was beginning to understand the gravity of the situation. I think that they (Mom & Dad) were trying to obscure the level of risk from me because of everything I've been through this past year.

Dad is still not awake, which is typical after an operation like this, and they will slowly try to wake him up throughout the day so they can ask him questions to see if any stroking occurred.

I thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. I know it isn't over yet, but it was nice knowing people were wishing him well yesterday.

I also want to express my deepest condolences to GWP and his family for their recent loss....

-KT

Keep us updated KT.
I'll pray for you and your family.
Miss you! ((((KT))))

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

GWP, I'm sorry to hear about your mother. It sounds like it was a difficult time. My thoughts are with you and your family.