dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

killingtime wrote:Between work, my health, my dad's health & the impending situation (the divorce & birth of his child) there really isn't much time for anything else. I am often so exhausted, physically & emotionally, that keeping up with email and woot is near impossible. I've sunk to the lowest form of communication - phone text messaging...I can do it in the car waiting to go in somewhere, from bed, from the hospital, etc...

On the bright side, I have joined a few committees within my separated, divorced, widowed support group. I also plan to go to KY in April on the 1 year anniversary of the auspicious occasion that uprooted my life. I just need to find peace. I need to sit amongst the miles & miles of rolling hills of green grass, large round bales of hay to think about things...

This is the webpage that inspired my trip.

How is your dad doing?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

tennbeekeeper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tennbeekeeper
killingtime wrote:Between work, my health, my dad's health & the impending situation (the divorce & birth of his child) there really isn't much time for anything else. I am often so exhausted, physically & emotionally, that keeping up with email and woot is near impossible. I've sunk to the lowest form of communication - phone text messaging...I can do it in the car waiting to go in somewhere, from bed, from the hospital, etc...

On the bright side, I have joined a few committees within my separated, divorced, widowed support group. I also plan to go to KY in April on the 1 year anniversary of the auspicious occasion that uprooted my life. I just need to find peace. I need to sit amongst the miles & miles of rolling hills of green grass, large round bales of hay to think about things...

KT! Then I am going to text you on your cell phone!! I'm glad to hear that your Dad is hanging on and that you are still breathing! You and your family are in my prayers. I have to go to bed and am very tired, so forgive the choppiness of this message. Thank you for answering tonight.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

If you're driving, give a yell and Tall and I'll meet you for lunch.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

acemom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
pooflady wrote:If you're driving, give a yell and Tall and I'll meet you for lunch.

I would drive down to meet y'all too.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

KT, thanks for dropping in and saying Hi! I hope your trip in April is as good as you hope it will be.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

terrybatey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey

Hi KT, sorry to hear the road is still bumpy for you. Praying for your dad and of course for you. The trip to Kentucky sounds like a wonderful idea. Hope you have great weather while you are there to enjoy the outdoors and fresh air blowing on your face. Good thing to go in search of peace. But you may want to put some dishes in that car trunk. Just in case you want to throw a dish or two during your thinking process. Remember the calm doesn't come until after the storm. ;)

Littering fine can't be too high in Kentucky. After all, they do have horses that poop all over.

acemom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
terrybatey wrote:Hi KT, sorry to hear the road is still bumpy for you. Praying for your dad and of course for you. The trip to Kentucky sounds like a wonderful idea. Hope you have great weather while you are there to enjoy the outdoors and fresh air blowing on your face. Good thing to go in search of peace. But you may want to put some dishes in that car trunk. Just in case you want to throw a dish or two during your thinking process. Remember the calm doesn't come until after the storm. ;)

Littering fine can't be too high in Kentucky. After all, they do have horses that poop all over.

Yo, TerryB!! How goes it? Imiss you.....
And agreed with your advice to KT,,,,just do the best you can and take it day by day.

terrybatey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey
acemom wrote:Yo, TerryB!! How goes it? Imiss you.....
And agreed with your advice to KT,,,,just do the best you can and take it day by day.

Hi Acemom, sorry for the delay in answering. Getting things done while waiting for the next item. So far only purchased R/C cars but missed something else I would have gotten. Must not have really needed it because now I can't remember what it was.

I'm doing fine, husband is fine, kids are great and grandbaby is the best. He is now 6 months old and it's great to play with him and then hand him back and let them do all the work.

I seem to remember one night reading that you had a "friend" sleeping on your couch. You go girl!!! Don't get to read much around here so I don't know how long you've had a sleep over buddy but I'm happy for you. I'm even happier if he isn't a snoring guy. l o l

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed

kkkkkkktttttt
are you on vacation yet?

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

killingtime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime

Just checking to see if this has any bearing on the stock...

Nope, going April 19th through April 26th. I just want to be out of town on the 1 year date of the separation...

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
killingtime wrote:Just checking to see if this has any bearing on the stock...

Nope, going April 19th through April 26th. I just want to be out of town on the 1 year date of the separation...

Ms. Time,
Have fun. don't forget to write.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

hey KT, hope you're doing OK.

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed

up almost $3 over yesterday...

i hope your trip is everything you want it to be and more (but do stop in some before you go!)

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

pooflady

Again, Tall and I are available. We'll bad mouth and revile the bastard with you.

killingtime

pooflady wrote:Again, Tall and I are available. We'll bad mouth and revile the bastard with you.

Yay! I booked!

I just need to be away that week...too many memories.

Josephus

killingtime wrote:Yay! I booked!

I just need to be away that week...too many memories.

good morning!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:good morning!

That was fast.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

bump

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

killingtime

dontwantaname wrote:How is your dad doing?

Dad is still weak, but he's still here with us.

He gets very tired and naps several times a day. He's on a ridiculous amount of meds.

My parents have finally surrendered to the fact that they needed a landscape/lawn service...I'm witnessing their transition into senior citizenry and dependence.

terrybatey wrote:Hi KT, sorry to hear the road is still bumpy for you. Praying for your dad and of course for you. The trip to Kentucky sounds like a wonderful idea. Hope you have great weather while you are there to enjoy the outdoors and fresh air blowing on your face. Good thing to go in search of peace. But you may want to put some dishes in that car trunk. Just in case you want to throw a dish or two during your thinking process. Remember the calm doesn't come until after the storm. ;)

Heya, Terry!

On Friday, I was just itching to go...only one more week before I go~!

The trip will encompass a little of OH, lots of KY and a moderate amount of TN...I'll be a "driving fool." I just need to get away from here. I spent the last year doing all the hard stuff, it's "me" time.

jqubed wrote:kkkkkkktttttt
are you on vacation yet?

jqqqqqqqqqqqueeee, not yet, buddy, soon, my friend, soon.

no1 wrote:Ms. Time,

Write where? Here? or Email? or Mail?

Josephus wrote:hey KT, hope you're doing OK.

I'm doing okay. As the one year anniversary pulls nearer, it gets a little harder, but I am still here.

It has been a year of soul searching...what I want out of life, what I want from my next relationship and how important my health plays into all of the above.

Volunteerism has played a significant part in my life this past year. Had I still been married, my husband would have poo-pooed the idea of charity work. He was stingy that way. I know it is cliche, but helping others has helped heal part of me.

I have found that I am a FANTASTIC mother to my 3 cats! I've grown so much closer with all of them. I am not sure there will be room for a man in my life in the future, they already occupy the entire bed.

Enough about me...give me a few lines as to what's up with you all?!?!

no1

killingtime wrote:

no1 wrote:Ms. Time,

Write where? Here? or Email? or Mail?

Ms. Time,
I think many people here would like to hear about your adventures, so here.

killingtime wrote:

blah blah blah

So very tired.

no1

killingtime wrote:Enough about me...give me a few lines as to what's up with you all?!?!

Ants. They like to eat food. Food on the floor. Such as that casually dropped by a baby.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:Ants. They like to eat food. Food on the floor. Such as that casually dropped by a baby.

You just freaked KT out. I hope she comes back!

Mr1, that is what brooms are for.
Or get a dog.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:You just freaked KT out. I hope she comes back!

Mr1, that is what brooms are for.
Or get a dog.

Ms. Name,

Brooms don't work so well on wet food. Wet food leaves residue. Ants like residue.

gwp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwp
no1 wrote:Wet food leaves residue. Ants like residue.

Dogs leave wet residoo. Flies like residoo.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

gwp wrote:Dogs leave wet residoo. Flies like residoo.

Damn.

So, what you are saying is, no kids, no dogs.
What about cats?
Will they lick the floor and leave no residoo?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:Damn.

So, what you are saying is, no kids, no dogs.
What about cats?
Will they lick the floor and leave no residoo?

Ms. Name,
Ours ate the bit of donut off the floor.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:Ms. Name,
Ours ate the bit of donut off the floor.

Cats are weird.
The pool dog would be your best friend forever for a donut!
Maybe longer.
He wouldn't even chase the ball when he was watching a donut.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

Mistress Dodgeball,

Since Dodgeball has always been played on the days opposite the photoshop contest, does the change in the contest affect Dodgeball?

Josephus

killingtime wrote:

bind weed. it's popping up all through our borders, under our blueberries, around the garden. I'm pulling them up, but it's a tough, long-term battle. There are approximately 1 quadzillion of them.

also, got the 9 yr old going to karate. I think he may end up getting his black belt. right now he's about to get his 2nd degree red. then 3rd degree red, then 3 browns, then black. each test approximately 3 months apart.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:bind weed. it's popping up all through our borders, under our blueberries, around the garden. I'm pulling them up, but it's a tough, long-term battle. There are approximately 1 quadzillion of them.

also, got the 9 yr old going to karate. I think he may end up getting his black belt. right now he's about to get his 2nd degree red. then 3rd degree red, then 3 browns, then black. each test approximately 3 months apart.

I looked bind weed up. At least it has a pretty flower!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Josephus

dontwantaname wrote:I looked bind weed up. At least it has a pretty flower!

i don't think you grasp the horror that is bindweed.

"oh, mommy, look at that pretty mushroom cloud! there's another one, mommy!"

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:i don't think you grasp the horror that is bindweed.

"oh, mommy, look at that pretty mushroom cloud! there's another one, mommy!"

I once planted two violets. Now they are everywhere! Soon the lawn will have tiny purple flowers in it.
But it isn't that bad because it stays lower than the grass and you can mow it.

I had something that was a vine with flowers like that, last year.
It was growing on the fence between me and the neighbor. We both liked it, but I cut it down to the grown at the end of the year. Had a feeling it would take over if I didn't.
Sort of hope it comes back.

Nobody planted it. Must have been the birds.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

I forgot to tell you, my mom received this postcard.

No return address. It would be amusing if it wasn't so horrible. Don't know anything about Scott Ballard, but I certainly wouldn't vote for the bastard that is running against him.

Still single, can't imagine why.

pooflady

FenStar wrote:I forgot to tell you, my mom received this postcard.

No return address. It would be amusing if it wasn't so horrible. Don't know anything about Scott Ballard, but I certainly wouldn't vote for the bastard that is running against him.

You're right, it is horrible. I certainly wouldn't want Ballard's opponent in office.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:You're right, it is horrible. I certainly wouldn't want Ballard's opponent in office.

Notice that it says Citizen Action Committee. That doesn't mean the opponent had anything to do with it. Notice how commercials and ads now state that So-and-so approved that ad.

We had some really bad propaganda going around during an election a few years ago that was soley the action of citizens.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

daj59 wrote:Notice that it says Citizen Action Committee. That doesn't mean the opponent had anything to do with it. Notice how commercials and ads now state that So-and-so approved that ad.

We had some really bad propaganda going around during an election a few years ago that was soley the action of citizens.

That's interesting. Glad you posted that.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
daj59 wrote:Notice that it says Citizen Action Committee. That doesn't mean the opponent had anything to do with it. Notice how commercials and ads now state that So-and-so approved that ad.

We had some really bad propaganda going around during an election a few years ago that was solely the action of citizens.

This is true, however I have no way of knowing if the opponent took any part in it... news searches are fruitless.

Still single, can't imagine why.

gwp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwp

I get at least one automated, unsolicited phone call each week from a group calling themselves "Citizens For Governmental Truth" or some such rot. The message varies, but it's always similar to:

Congressman Tom Reynolds kicks puppy dogs. Congressman Tom Reynolds eats babies. Congressman Tom Reynolds lied to his mother. Alot. Call him at 456-222-1212 and tell him what you think about him."

I wasn't going to support Tom Reynolds anyway, but these calls are way overboard. And they come from a blank caller-ID and hidden number. I'm on the do-not-call list, but political action committees are exempt. Bastids!

Josephus

daj59 wrote:

thank goodness there weren't any furriners involved, only citizens.

no1

Josephus wrote:thank goodness there weren't any furriners involved, only citizens.

Dr. J, it doesn't say U.S. citizens.