Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
no1 wrote:Dr. J, it doesn't say U.S. citizens.

Still, it means they are citizens somewhere, and there, they aren't furriners.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Josephus wrote:Still, it means they are citizens somewhere, and there, they aren't furriners.

Dr. J,
Most people are citizens somewhere, so somewhere they aren't furriners. So why do people get all worked up over a nonexistent group?

Josephus

no1 wrote:Dr. J,
Most people are citizens somewhere, so somewhere they aren't furriners. So why do people get all worked up over a nonexistent group?

There was a time when you had to be a landowner, and white, in order to be a citizen in many pats of the US. Most parts required you to own land.

I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing is true in many parts of the world even today.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Josephus wrote:I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing is true in many parts of the world even today.

Interesting, Dr. J. Any ideas on which parts...?

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

Well, it would appear I got baned from the local newspaper website. I asked if there was a news story on the postcard thing, and now when I try to log in my user name isn't recognized.

Still single, can't imagine why.

Josephus

no1 wrote:Interesting, Dr. J. Any ideas on which parts...?

bad parts, i'd guess.

Josephus

FenStar wrote:Well, it would appear I got baned from the local newspaper website. I asked if there was a news story on the postcard thing, and now when I try to log in my user name isn't recognized.

might be a coincidence. might be a down website. try logging in with one of your other names.

FenStar

Josephus wrote:might be a coincidence. might be a down website. try logging in with one of your other names.

Hunh? What other names?

Edit: I may be reading to much into this, but are you implying that I have multiple names? I apologize if I am being overly sensitive.

Josephus

FenStar wrote:Hunh? What other names?

Edit: I may be reading to much into this, but are you implying that I have multiple names? I apologize if I am being overly sensitive.

nah, but you could log in with a different email, i.e., re-register, to see if it's your name or the site. Maybe your mom has an account you could check to see if the site's down with. those kinds of things are really what I was thinking of.

FenStar

Josephus wrote:nah, but you could log in with a different email, i.e., re-register, to see if it's your name or the site. Maybe your mom has an account you could check to see if the site's down with. those kinds of things are really what I was thinking of.

Ok, sorry for being paranoid and stuff.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Joe, any preferences in brands of deck stains? We're going to pressure wash and then stain the deck. AZ said he prefers semi-transparent because the wood gets hotter with dark solids.

Josephus

pooflady wrote:Joe, any preferences in brands of deck stains? We're going to pressure wash and then stain the deck. AZ said he prefers semi-transparent because the wood gets hotter with dark solids.

I agree with him. I'd go with a name brand, just because you can replace it with the same thing in future- their formula won't change.

pooflady

Josephus wrote:I agree with him. I'd go with a name brand, just because you can replace it with the same thing in future- their formula won't change.

I was just reading Consumer Reports and they said:

Look beyond the brand. Even same-brand treatments often perform differently. What's more, a brand that worked well for you last time may not this time, since manufacturers change products frequently to address cost and performance, and to comply with government regulations.

Edit: It's those pesky government regulations.

Josephus

pooflady wrote:I was just reading Consumer Reports and they said:

Look beyond the brand. Even same-brand treatments often perform differently. What's more, a brand that worked well for you last time may not this time, since manufacturers change products frequently to address cost and performance, and to comply with government regulations.

Edit: It's those pesky government regulations.

gah!

gwp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwp

Bon voyage, KT! Enjoy Appalachia. Beware of banjo music.

Post pics when you get back. Travel safely. (see the banjo thing above, especially if canoes are involved)

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

gwp wrote:Bon voyage, KT! Enjoy Appalachia. Beware of banjo music.

Post pics when you get back. Travel safely. (see the banjo thing above, especially if canoes are involved)

You forgot to tell her not to go on any canoe trips!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

killingtime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime

Flying into Louisville 4/19

Pansies in the Square 4/19

Some walk on water; some spew water from their hands 4/19

Quite suggestive...have not found my cowboy yet 4/19

While out with Tall4aGirl & Pooflady, we talked about you all & saw this Mohawk Duck 4/20

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

That duck is odd.

Hi KT!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

killingtime

After leaving Pooflady & Tall4a Girl, I travelled onto Lexington. I checked into my hotel & wanted to do something...so I went to the racetrack. It was late & I walked right in for the last race. I was not stopped.

So I go in a private gate & I see this lovely stable. 4/20

Not far from there, I enter the gates to the track & make my way up to the fence. 4/20

As people pile out, I am reminded how as fellow beings how disgusting some of us are...4/20

I enter a private turnstile thing. Walking past security like I know where I am going to go to the individual stables. I am not stopped. 4/20

On my way out, I see a camper with a Bee on it...and take a photo for TennBee 4/20

I haven't had a drink in a long long time, but if any night I should have it. It is tonight. Tomorrow is the anniversary of the dreaded day. 4/20

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Hey KT, we are talking about you behind your back over in pwa, come join us!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

killingtime

dontwantaname wrote:Hey KT, we are talking about you behind your back over in pwa, come join us!

Don't believe a word they say...I am the MOST normal of the three of us! ;)

Pooflady has a past life as a stunt car driver. She has this large mini-van (oxymoron) & she parallel parked it with extreme ease...kinda like the commercial for the car that parallel parks on its own. The second time she parallel parked, there were two bikers ready to pounce if she dare make a wrong move. I watched nervously from the back seat.

Tall was generally quiet except for a few outbursts (not quite as bad as Tourette's) where she requested Poof run over people in the crosswalk when Poof had a green light...especially older guys that "should know better." In fact, Tall has this thing about green lights and reminding Poof of them. It is kinda like watching a weird mother/daughter dynamic.

And yes, both of them are extremely TALL...Poof looks younger than what my mind's eye visualized. I pictured completely gray hair & Tall looks pretty much dead-on to what I imagined.

Poof has very nice feet. She had red nail polish on and has a narrow-ish foot where all the toes go down at a perfect slant...no crazy second toe protruding like some other people I know...

No diagrams were drawn, but lots of older names came up in conversation including: Neo, Mydog, Holmesdog, Reddessertbrat, Kiora, Dreamaster, Qwerty, oBob, TrafficTony, BlueBled, Brownie, Zilla...as well as some mainstays and new ones including AZG, Czar, Cruzer, Acemom, Raining, D'Name, Fen (of course), GWP, Josephus, JoeDeeDee, LukeDuff (heh), Gatzby, TennBee, Skek-Tek, SpongeBrain, KtCallista, Orchrist, TerryBatey, TerryMeyers, Gimma, McGuffy, no1, geez...if I have forgotten anyone, I apologize...we covered the gamut....really. I imagine lots of burning ears throughout the country today.

It was a great day & would reciprocate their kind hospitality in a heartbeat.

tennbeekeeper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tennbeekeeper

Hi, I am just reading what KT wrote over here... and I like the trailer with the bee on it.

killingtime

Tomorrow I think I am going to The Shaker Village in Harrodsburg and perhaps to a flea market in Barea...

tennbeekeeper

killingtime wrote:Tomorrow I think I am going to The Shaker Village in Harrodsburg and perhaps to a flea market in Barea...

That sounds like a great schedule! I think you will like Berea... and I wonder if you will find any hinges or other stuff you wanted a long while back.

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee

Hi kt! Hope your trip is going well...we'll be thinking about you tomorrow.

//wonders what was said about me earlier

tennbeekeeper

JoeDeeDee wrote:Hi kt! Hope your trip is going well...we'll be thinking about you tomorrow.

//wonders what was said about me earlier

//wondering, too!

pooflady

killingtime wrote:Don't believe a word they say...I am the MOST normal of the three of us! ;)

Pooflady has a past life as a stunt car driver. She has this large mini-van (oxymoron) & she parallel parked it with extreme ease...kinda like the commercial for the car that parallel parks on its own. The second time she parallel parked, there were two bikers ready to pounce if she dare make a wrong move. I watched nervously from the back seat.

Tall was generally quiet except for a few outbursts (not quite as bad as Tourette's) where she requested Poof run over people in the crosswalk when Poof had a green light...especially older guys that "should know better." In fact, Tall has this thing about green lights and reminding Poof of them. It is kinda like watching a weird mother/daughter dynamic.

And yes, both of them are extremely TALL...Poof looks younger than what my mind's eye visualized. I pictured completely gray hair & Tall looks pretty much dead-on to what I imagined.

Poof has very nice feet. She had red nail polish on and has a narrow-ish foot where all the toes go down at a perfect slant...no crazy second toe protruding like some other people I know...

No diagrams were drawn, but lots of older names came up in conversation including: Neo, Mydog, Holmesdog, Reddessertbrat, Kiora, Dreamaster, Qwerty, oBob, TrafficTony, BlueBled, Brownie, Zilla...as well as some mainstays and new ones including AZG, Czar, Cruzer, Acemom, Raining, D'Name, Fen (of course), GWP, Josephus, JoeDeeDee, LukeDuff (heh), Gatzby, TennBee, Skek-Tek, SpongeBrain, KtCallista, Orchrist, TerryBatey, TerryMeyers, Gimma, McGuffy, no1, geez...if I have forgotten anyone, I apologize...we covered the gamut....really. I imagine lots of burning ears throughout the country today.

It was a great day & would reciprocate their kind hospitality in a heartbeat.

MacDaddy, Rulgby, Blind Willy.

tennbeekeeper

Poof, what did you all eat for breakfast?

pooflady

tennbeekeeper wrote:Poof, what did you all eat for breakfast?

I had a Mexican fritata with salsa and cheese, English muffin, potatoes. I think Tall had eggs, sausage and a Belgium waffle. KT had banana crunch with granola pancakes. Come to think of it, banana must be one of her favorites because she had banana ice cream at Stone Cold Creamery.

tennbeekeeper

pooflady wrote:I had a Mexican fritata with salsa and cheese, English muffin, potatoes. I think Tall had eggs, sausage and a Belgium waffle. KT had banana crunch with granola pancakes. Come to think of it, banana must be one of her favorites because she had banana ice cream at Stone Cold Creamery.

Mmmmm. They all sound good. That must be a great place for breakfast!

pooflady

tennbeekeeper wrote:Mmmmm. They all sound good. That must be a great place for breakfast!

First Watch. It's a chain, but none in TN or NC. Maryland has two for Selli. One in Fairfax, VA for AZ.

pooflady

One interesting feature in talking face to face is the fact that we pronounce names differently.

Edit: And it was kind of weird being called Poof out loud.

tennbeekeeper

pooflady wrote:One interesting feature in talking face to face is the fact that we pronounce names differently.

Edit: And it was kind of weird being called Poof out loud.

Ahhh... I would not have thought about pronunciation. Hmmm. That is interesting. Now, "poof" or "Tall" or "KT" would not be a problem, I wouldn't think?

tennbeekeeper

KT, hubby says you have a good eye for photography (I think he is good at that, too). He said you should be a free lance photograhper.

Josephus

tennbeekeeper wrote:Ahhh... I would not have thought about pronunciation. Hmmm. That is interesting. Now, "poof" or "Tall" or "KT" would not be a problem, I wouldn't think?

killingtime wrote:

pooflady

tennbeekeeper wrote:Ahhh... I would not have thought about pronunciation. Hmmm. That is interesting. Now, "poof" or "Tall" or "KT" would not be a problem, I wouldn't think?

No, our names are pretty straightforward.

tennbeekeeper

pooflady wrote:No, our names are pretty straightforward.

So, which name won as far as being pronounced differently amongst the three of you?

pooflady

tennbeekeeper wrote:So, which name won as far as being pronounced differently amongst the three of you?

What I meant is that Tall and I pronounce Gimma and Josephus differently. KT and I pronounce gwp and wootdedo and no1 differently. There are probably others.

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee
pooflady wrote:What I meant is that Tall and I pronounce Gimma and Josephus differently. KT and I pronounce gwp and wootdedo and no1 differently. There are probably others.

How do you pronounce gwp? I always assumed it was his initials.

tennbeekeeper

pooflady wrote:What I meant is that Tall and I pronounce Gimma and Josephus differently. KT and I pronounce gwp and wootdedo and no1 differently. There are probably others.

Neat!

I would love to hear the different pronunciations. Joe Cee Fuss, for me, accent on the Cee. Hard "G" for Gimma. "Gimma a break."