JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee
tennbeekeeper wrote:Neat!

I would love to hear the different pronunciations. Joe Cee Fuss, for me, accent on the Cee. Hard "G" for Gimma. "Gimma a break."

That's how I say them too.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
JoeDeeDee wrote:That's how I say them too.

The others can tell you themselves, but I say Jo se fus and gwip.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

tennbeekeeper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tennbeekeeper
pooflady wrote:The others can tell you themselves, but I say Jo se fus and gwip.

Well, again, I find all that interesting.

pooflady

tennbeekeeper wrote:Well, again, I find all that interesting.

gwp has five syllables, gwip only has one.

tennbeekeeper

Time to hit the hay! Have to look at flight schedules tomorrow to get to TN on Wed!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

JoeDeeDee wrote:That's how I say them too.

Jo sa fuss
I say Gimma right, it was Gammaroon that she said with a southern accent.
Doesn't matter, she gets mad when I call her that.
I say Tenn a bee

I have been told that the ohio people have an accent!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

gwip is just wrong.
G W P

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Jo sa fuss
I say Gimma right, it was Gammaroon that she said with a southern accent.
Doesn't matter, she gets mad when I call her that.
I say Tenn a bee

I have been told that the ohio people have an accent!

I believe she referred to it as a twang.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
pooflady wrote:I believe she referred to it as a twang.

I say it Joe Sea fus.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:I say it Joe Sea fus.

Heck, that is wrong.
I'll stick with Joe.
You do answer to Joe, don't you?

You realize Poof is going to be insufferable now that she knows she is right.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

tall4agirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tall4agirl
Josephus wrote:I say it Joe Sea fus.

Yay! Me, too.

Where there are differences, I use initials for GWP; I pronounce Gimma with a soft g (even though I know it's wrong); Joe CEE phus; I use Don't instead of d'name. I think those were where we differed. If I forgot anyone, I apologize.

tall4agirl

killingtime wrote:Don't believe a word they say...I am the MOST normal of the three of us! ;)

Pooflady has a past life as a stunt car driver. She has this large mini-van (oxymoron) & she parallel parked it with extreme ease...kinda like the commercial for the car that parallel parks on its own. The second time she parallel parked, there were two bikers ready to pounce if she dare make a wrong move. I watched nervously from the back seat.

Tall was generally quiet except for a few outbursts (not quite as bad as Tourette's) where she requested Poof run over people in the crosswalk when Poof had a green light...especially older guys that "should know better." In fact, Tall has this thing about green lights and reminding Poof of them. It is kinda like watching a weird mother/daughter dynamic.

I think men in their 60s should know better than to run out in front of oncoming traffic. I didn't want Poof to hit him; only to beep at him so he would realize what a stupid thing he was doing.

And what is wrong with pointing out that a light is green if the driver is slowing down as you approach them?

Did I mention that I didn't get much sleep last night?

Of course KT is the most normal of the three of us!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

tall4agirl wrote:I think men in their 60s should know better than to run out in front of oncoming traffic. I didn't want Poof to hit him; only to beep at him so he would realize what a stupid thing he was doing.

And what is wrong with pointing out that a light is green if the driver is slowing down as you approach them?

KT was a good driver. Except she had no clue where she was going.
At least if she had come over to the Vineyard, I would have known where we were!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

tall4agirl

dontwantaname wrote:KT was a good driver. Except she had no clue where she was going.
At least if she had come over to the Vineyard, I would have known where we were!

Poof was a good driver, just more conservative than me. And I'm used to being in the car alone most of the time.

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
pooflady wrote:First Watch. It's a chain, but none in TN or NC. Maryland has two for Selli. One in Fairfax, VA for AZ.

Oooh! I love breakfast places. I'll have to figure out where they are. Looks like one is around an hour south of me, and I'm sure the other one is further. Can't get to restaurant websites at work, so someone remind me to look for these tonight.

KT - Your photos are beautiful - looks like it's been a good trip with lots of new, wonderful memories for this time of year.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
dontwantaname wrote:gwip is just wrong.
G W P

Yeah, I say it is G W P, and I still think it is teenbee, even though I know it is tennbee. I just use Joe.
I will be going up to Ohio this summer for my cousins wedding, so perhaps I can discuss it with some of you peoples.

Still single, can't imagine why.

gwp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwp
FenStar wrote:Yeah, I say it is G W P, and I still think it is teenbee, even though I know it is tennbee. I just use Joe.
I will be going up to Ohio this summer for my cousins wedding, so perhaps I can discuss it with some of you peoples.

Even in real life, I am "GWP", and a few folks shorten it to "GW" (gee-dubbayah), and my son who is a Jr. often is called "G" by his wife.

That said however, I myself pronounce (in my head at least) DAJ as "Dahge". I wouldn't have known to put the em-Fah-sis on the Josephus' name as Joe-CEE-fus though. He has been Joseph-uss all this time, so I might not be able to re-wire that part of my brain...

Other folks real names and Woot-handles seem to be interchangeable in my mind.

"guh-whip", huh? Heh. Go figure.

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
gwp wrote:That said however, I myself pronounce (in my head at least) DAJ as "Dahge".

Does your Daj rhyme with badge or dodge? In my head, it rhymes with badge.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Heck, that is wrong.
I'll stick with Joe.
You do answer to Joe, don't you?

You realize Poof is going to be insufferable now that she knows she is right.

It's Tall that pronounces it like Joe does. I evidently pronounce it incorrectly. I shall continue to do so.

pooflady

FenStar wrote:Yeah, I say it is G W P, and I still think it is teenbee, even though I know it is tennbee. I just use Joe.

let us know when you're coming.

pooflady

There's another name that KT and I pronounce differently, but I can't remember how she says it. Maybe Tall will remember. I say Zee a.

pooflady

tall4agirl wrote:I think men in their 60s should know better than to run out in front of oncoming traffic. I didn't want Poof to hit him; only to beep at him so he would realize what a stupid thing he was doing.

And she was very, very calm when pointing out I was about to go the wrong way down a one-way street!

BUT where the sign distinctly said "NO LEFT TURN," she told me over and over, no one was coming, do it anyway.

gwp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwp
krapposelli wrote:Does your Daj rhyme with badge or dodge? In my head, it rhymes with badge.

Mostly like badge, but maybe a little softer J sound, almost like the "zs" in Zsazsa.

Edit: And I never pronounce (in my head) the numbers at the end of names. Made it easier with qwertyuiop0001-qwertyuiop0004...

pooflady

I keep remembering things.
KT says "number one," I say "no one."

tall4agirl

pooflady wrote:And she was very, very calm when pointing out I was about to go the wrong way down a one-way street!

BUT where the sign distinctly said "NO LEFT TURN," she told me over and over, no one was coming, do it anyway.

Well, that was a silly rule. No left turn on Sunday between 12 and 10. Who thinks those things up?!? Our tax dollars at work...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

DAJ rhymes with "badge." I'm called that some in person as well.

YEA! I wasn't talked about!

Wish I could see the pics. I'll look at lunch.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:I keep remembering things.
KT says "number one," I say "no one."

Lady Poof, you are correct.

pooflady

daj59 wrote:DAJ rhymes with "badge." I'm called that some in person as well.

YEA! I wasn't talked about!

Wish I could see the pics. I'll look at lunch.

Yeah, you were. In fact, when we were talking about people we'd like to meet, one of the people I'd like to meet is your son.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Yeah, you were. In fact, when we were talking about people we'd like to meet, one of the people I'd like to meet is your son.

Drat. Here I thought I was skipped. Meeting my son, huh? That'd would be an experience once he loosened up.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

(j)im-muh, gwip, jo SEH fuss or jay-fuss, dadge, deh-name, no one, jay-ner, key, kay-time, tee girl, steck, zee uh, kuh-selly, kuh-lees-tuh, teh-keeper, . . .

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

tennbeekeeper

AZGman wrote:(j)im-muh, gwip, jo SEH fuss or jay-fuss, dadge, deh-name, no one, jay-ner, key, kay-time, tee girl, steck, zee uh, kuh-selly, kuh-lees-tuh, teh-keeper, . . .

Could you repeat that without cutting and pasting? :P

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
tennbeekeeper wrote:Could you repeat that without cutting and pasting? :P

prolly not!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

gwp wrote:Mostly like badge, but maybe a little softer J sound, almost like the "zs" in Zsazsa.

Edit: And I never pronounce (in my head) the numbers at the end of names. Made it easier with qwertyuiop0001-qwertyuiop0004...

There are #'s?
Who says the #'s.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

tennbeekeeper

dontwantaname wrote:There are #'s?
Who says the #'s.

D'name, I only say the number in No1's name. I don't even say the number in Zea3's name.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

tennbeekeeper wrote:D'name, I only say the number in No1's name. I don't even say the number in Zea3's name.

Well, you have to say the something after the no or number.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:Well, you have to say the something after the no or number.

Ms. Name,
I am afraid to ask what people mutter under their breath when they see my posts.

tennbeekeeper

no1 wrote:Ms. Name,
I am afraid to ask what people mutter under their breath when they see my posts.

No1, it doesn't matter. People like you. They talk to you. They might even like poking fun and bantering with you!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

//smack

You are a true pia!
We all know there are names we cringe at (even if you aren't a mod, you really cringe with some when you are!) when you see and some names we smile at.
You are a smile name.
Then there are the names, like mine, that people ignore

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining

I never mutter anything when I see your posts. I think this is such a nice guy. Always nice to me. You are very special no1.

tennbeekeeper

Raining wrote:I never mutter anything when I see your posts. I think this is such a nice guy. Always nice to me. You are very special no1.

Good afternoon, Rain!