timanlee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timanlee

SOLD OUT!!!

Woots worth mentioning...
Apr. 6 2008 = (Qty 1) Star Wars Lithograph, Etched Badge, and Embroidered Emblem Set for $25 (Froogle is $100+!)
Mar. 28 2008 - (Qty 3) Screaming Monkey with Pink or Blue Woot Cape (2 Blue and 1 Pink)
Jan. 31 2007 = 3 Random Craps!!!
Nov. 23 2007 = 2 Starbucks (Overpriced) T-shirt
WOOT ROCKS

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

And sold out at juuuuuust over an hour. A 1250 print no less. 1250 forgettable shirts.

I must hand it to woot, though, for pulling out a Moby Dick reference on the description for this. That was worth staying up for. Actually, if someone had drawn an illustration from Moby Dick with Ahab and Queequag on deck talking with a cup of Starbucks, that would have been worth my $10 easily.

timanlee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timanlee

WOW..
Look at this:
Starbucks sue a local shop cuz it looks alike.
http://consumerist.com/consumer/trademarks/starbucks-to-sue-small-michigan-coffee-shop-for-trademark-infringement-321614.php
Completely different.
And they only have 2 stores in that city.

Woot, Starbucks will def. sue you =(

Woots worth mentioning...
Apr. 6 2008 = (Qty 1) Star Wars Lithograph, Etched Badge, and Embroidered Emblem Set for $25 (Froogle is $100+!)
Mar. 28 2008 - (Qty 3) Screaming Monkey with Pink or Blue Woot Cape (2 Blue and 1 Pink)
Jan. 31 2007 = 3 Random Craps!!!
Nov. 23 2007 = 2 Starbucks (Overpriced) T-shirt
WOOT ROCKS

Ludnica

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ludnica

Bought one for my sis ;) she's ADDICTED to starbucks...hehe ;)

Bought so far:

x3

MrBarkeyvonSchnauzer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages MrBarkeyvonSchnauzer

Sooo, I missed the shirt... Is there a link so I can purchase it for $15?

jesusbeard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jesusbeard

well now that the derby winners are being sold, no need to check woot until monday

mer

djtj535

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djtj535
timanlee wrote:Is the discount transferable? snort!

haha... not really, unless you have a friend or family member that can buy it for you and you can pay them back?

djtj535

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djtj535
timanlee wrote:WOW..
Look at this:
http://consumerist.com/consumer/trademarks/starbucks-to-sue-small-michigan-coffee-shop-for-trademark-infringement-321614.php
Completely different.

dude... that took 11 years for starbucks to sue (or even realize that the logo looked alike... which it doesnt, so... i think woots fine on this.

TheDunk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheDunk

Missed it.

s7yl33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages s7yl33

UGH! I totally wanted one!!!

Im like a half hour late though. Looks like ill have to wait till it gets re-printed.

blappppy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blappppy

I placed an order about an hour ago for the shirt and didnt receive a confirmation email and it doesnt show up in my history/status screen. Does this mean it didnt go through?

SuperNinja

quality posts: 18 Private Messages SuperNinja
blappppy wrote:I placed an order about an hour ago for the shirt and didnt receive a confirmation email and it doesnt show up in my history/status screen. Does this mean it didnt go through?

If it's not in the history, you didn't get it.

shmeedles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shmeedles
blappppy wrote:I placed an order about an hour ago for the shirt and didnt receive a confirmation email and it doesnt show up in my history/status screen. Does this mean it didnt go through?

yeah, actually.

momocard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages momocard

Odwalla juice is not so good! I need more QC,anyway Starbucks sue you woot.

crzypsycochick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crzypsycochick

Rather boring, plus it pretty much give starbucks free advertising.

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl

pfffft!

SuperNinja

quality posts: 18 Private Messages SuperNinja
andrewtl wrote:

Can the powers that be at woot put this on my shirts instead? Thanks.

theonlybap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theonlybap
timanlee wrote:WOW..
Look at this:
Completely different.

I doubt it. This shirt is obviously a parody, and that's a protected form of speech

Don't like the shirt, and kinda disappointed the derby couldn't come up with something better.

2 Chimpanzee Robusto; 1 Sea Chimp; 1 Camisa de los Muertos; 1 Random Shirt; 1 Xmas is Ribs; 1 Know When to Fold; 1 Faders and Meters; 1 Oh Burned!!!; 1 Left Brain vs Right Brain; 1 Maximo iMetal Stereo Earbuds; 1 Everglide S-500 Professional Gaming Headphones; 1 Sandisk Sansa e260 4GB Media Player; 3 Cube Memory 2GB MicroSD Card with SD Adaptor; Maxell DHP-II Digital Headphones

TheStereotype

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheStereotype

Deleted

StrayNostalgia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages StrayNostalgia

The moment I saw this on the derby page, I wondered why it did not have that huge red REJECTED stamp on it for copyright stuff. Neat shirt, nonetheless. So, so true.

superstargoddess

quality posts: 2 Private Messages superstargoddess

Aw crap, I wasn't home when this went on sale. I will have to get one when they're $5 more expensive... so 3 frappucinos. :P

I am looking to buy "Life Choices", any size, send me a message!

So fuhqued up.

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
TheStereotype wrote:Wow, I don't think I've seen this much negativity on Woot forums since last time a Roomba came on during the last Woot Off. Seriously, I think it is funny how people go out of their way to say something negative, when all they have to do is not buy the shirt if they don't like it.

Apparently, you were not here for U.S.2145.

...and...

For those saying that Starbucks doesn't have a chance...

It doesn't matter if they don't have a chance. Even if they don't stand a chance, they have enough money and resources to tie Woot up in court for a long, long time.

caffeine_dude

quality posts: 13 Private Messages caffeine_dude

I love this shirt, as with any shirt I love, by the time I get a chance to buy it (get up for work) it is sold out.
Again, I love this shirt, as with any shirt I love, there are so many negative post about the shirt that I feel that is goes to show not to the character of the shirt but to the character of the posters and find it unhealthy for me to read.
This shirt would have been perfect for my brother, who lives in a large town with starbucks.
As for being sued pssst they are not making millions of bucks on them and as they say any publicity is good publicity. Oh ya and, how many songs did you download for free of the internet?

Please don't delete this post, I am trying, honest!

Cherrypicker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Cherrypicker

2nd chance sales begin the day after originally offered, for an extra $5. Available shirts are from current and prior week, plus the 20 highest sellers of the remainders.
Also see Day of Reckoning FAQ, and Wikipedia w00t.shirts (last updated on Nov 12)

Current Week:
4284 = Now That's Just Overpriced (Derby 17 Winner)
4282 = Try Me
4275 = Cassette Taps
4270 = The Thing That Scoots
4266 = Entrance Ramp for the Soul Expressway
4265 = The Creative Thought Process (Derby 16 Third Place)
4260 = Diversity (Derby 16 Runner-Up)
Prior Week:
4222 = Survival Tracking Guide (Derby 16 Winner)
4200 = Plump Horse
4146 = Shrimp Buffet!
4141 = Take Me Out
4133 = Floating Squishy
4132 = USA 2145 (Derby 15 Third Place)
4131 = Touring With The Big G (Derby 15 Runner-Up)
RSVP -- Reckoning Survivors Very Purchaseable:
01 Say No To Scurvy (Derby 14 Winner)
02 Ain't No Party Like A Boston Party (Derby 15 Winner)
03 Cool Breeze (Derby 7 Winner)
04 Candy Corn Cannibalism (Derby 13 Runner-Up)
05 Счастливый Пятидесятый День рождения!
06 Camisa de los Muertos
07 The Cake is a Liar (Derby 14 Runner-Up)
08 Close Encounters of the 2-D Kind (Derby 12 Winner)
09 Zombie Season (Derby 6 Winner)
10 Wave Function
11 GI Metro
12 Pumpkin and Ghost (Derby 13 Winner)
13 Chicago Skyline (Derby 10 Runner-up)
14 Sugar BSOD (Derby 14 Third Place)
15 Decomposition (Derby 7 Third Place)
16 Dramatic Jackalope (Derby 11 Winner)
17 Capture of the Puffaluffs (Derby 11 Runner-up)
19 Urban Meltdown (Derby 10 Winner)
18 Nobody’s Perfect
20 Uh-Oh
SPECIAL EXEMPTION - available until further notice:
shirt.w00t! Launch

RIP -- Reckoned Into Perpetuity:
BreakfasTopo (Derby 4 Winner) -- Late Halloween Night (Derby 13 Third Place) -- Pirate Penguin (Derby 8 Winner) -- Circumlocution -- Yokohama -- Wagoneer -- For The Birds -- Sucka -- ApeLad -- Autumn Breeze (Derby 9 Third Place) -- Backyard Brawl -- Follow The Leader (Derby 12 Runner-Up) -- Die or Treat -- Unatomy -- Ghosts -- Sun Decay (Derby 12 Third Place) -- Fire Swallower -- Hot Wings -- Avocado Man -- Escape of the Puffaluffs (Derby 11 Third Place) -- Four Out Of Five Monsters Agree -- Vaejovis Spinigeris -- Sk8scape -- Sore Thumbs -- Go Rock Beat Paper(Derby 6 Third Place) -- Concrete Cityscape (Derby 10 Third Place) -- Thumb War -- Man-Boy -- Bird-Powered Robot -- Lady of Spain, Matadore You -- The Rustic -- Chimpanzee Robusto -- Sea Chimp -- Suicidal Maple Leaf (Derby 9 Winner) -- RTFO -- Summer To Fall (Derby 9 Runner-up) -- Oh Well -- Panda Polo (Derby 6 Runner-up) -- Bushidō (Derby 8 Runner-up) -- Pencildelic -- More Skulls -- Stop Digital Piracy (Derby 8 Third Place) -- Perched Among Blossoms -- Brain Freeze -- Bats! -- Jellyfishalicious (Derby 5 Winner) -- Mental Notes (Derby 7 Runner-up) -- Loved By The Sea -- Sewer Monster -- Deer By Numbers -- L'Homme à L'Intérieur du Chat --Snake Bouquet -- Skatetown -- Reality Isn't For Everyone (Derby 3 Winner) -- The Organic Light Beam (Derby 5 Runner-up) -- Son of Kabuki -- Sunset Tree (Derby 5 Third Place) -- Day Off -- Ka-Boom -- Green Space -- Stereo From Above -- Unhappy Meeting (Derby 2 Co-winner) -- Rat Rod -- Duct Tape Man -- See-Sawlitude --Threat Level: Doctorow -- Snowmen In Heat (Derby 2 Co-winner) -- Driving To Work -- If You Want To Destroy My Chainmail -- Pirate Trip -- Hello Squidbucket! -- Nerdy Laundry -- American Samurai -- Cube One (Derby 1 Winner) -- Too Hungry -- Scales & Bubbles -- Sci-Fi Weenie Roast -- Robot Service -- The Must-See Comedy Shirt of the Summer -- Word Problem -- This Here’s My Unicorn-Huntin’ Gun

Morrissey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Morrissey

Nah, parody is protected under copyright. The only thing Bucks 'o the Star might want some dough from it...

andrewhime wrote:I don't see a huge legal issue here. Maybe.

Regardless, I don't like coffee, and like someone else said, I refuse to give them any mindshare. Depending on what else won this week, it may be a cheap weekend for me. There were only two in the fog I would actually buy/voted for.

Spurius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spurius
TheStereotype wrote:Wow, I don't think I've seen this much negativity on Woot forums since last time a Roomba came on during the last Woot Off. Seriously, I think it is funny how people go out of their way to say something negative, when all they have to do is not buy the shirt if they don't like it.

Yeah but that's not as fun.

shirt.woots
Fire Swallower, Sun Decay, For the Birds, Yokohama
Woots
Polaroid T737 7MP Digital Camera

coreylovesjen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coreylovesjen

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I HATE that I missed this one!

sheila01801

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheila01801

My boyfriend and I are LOYAL Dunkin Donuts Patrions! We got 3-5 times a day (usually on a weekend).... week nights we go EVERY night! I had to get this shirt! I'll even go next door to the Dunks and walk in to Starbucks. :-p

Yeah Im SO daring.

1. 11-26-07 "Crappy Shirt"
  2. 04-11-08 Love of Money Shirt
  3. 05-27-08 Random Shirt
  4. 06-03-08 Nike Sport Kit Carrying Case for MP3 Players (2 for Tues)
  5. 6-13-08 It's going out faster than coming in shirt.
  6. 7-21-08 Happy Birthday, Shirt Woot tee.
  7. 7-30-08 Mighty Kite Mini Kite
  8. 8-30-08 Hungry Bento
  9. 9-02-08 Random Woot Tee (Perpetual Emotion)
  10. 10-03-08 Donut Panic! shirt
  11. 10-16-08 Random Shirt
  12. 10-23-08 Screaming Money (orange cape)

Tegeril

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Tegeril
coreylovesjen wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I HATE that I missed this one!

Search around online, you'll find something similar that you can buy. Or come back tomorrow and learn how Shirt.Woot works and you can get it for $15.

whitey9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages whitey9

I'm shocked that woot let this through based on the past performance of the rejectinator. I doubt they'll be sued as it falls under the category of 'parody', and on top of that, 1250 shirts is pretty under-the-radar.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
caffeine_dude wrote:
As for being sued pssst they are not making millions of bucks on them and as they say any publicity is good publicity. Oh ya and, how many songs did you download for free of the internet?

Ooh, these maxims have made it into national law now? Score!

allgoodshirts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allgoodshirts

Check out our new visual back catalog as well!

Annie22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Annie22

I hope Dissipate wins 2nd. *wants*

luna02525

quality posts: 0 Private Messages luna02525

I just happened to look at todAY's shirt and find it quite ironic that I am sitting outside of starbucks drinking a $2 cup of coffee.

lulz

Steve98166

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Steve98166

I worked for Starbucks corporate for eight years. Anything like this gets a bug up their.......

The men in the black suits are coming........

projectwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages projectwoot

I work for Starbucks and it's one of the best company's I've ever worked for. They truly put the "partners" first, the benefits are awesome, the discounts are worth their weight in gold, including a pound of coffee per week. The job offers flexibility and advancement. They are socially concious and are heavily involved in community outreach.

I don't know if corporate will latch on to this or not.

I missed the shirt. Bummer

Had to Have it!!
9/21 Pirate Penguin * 9/20 L'Homme à L'Intérieur du Chat 9/19 * Deer By Numbers
9/15 * Cool Breeze * 9/12 Sewer Monster * 9/11 Snake Bouquet * 9/9 Go Rock, Beat Paper * 9/8 Panda Polo * 9/5 Sore Thumbs * 9/4 Ka-Boom * 9/2 Sunset Tree 9/1 * Organic Light Beam * 8/31 Jellyfishalicious * 8/27 Shirt.Woot Launch Tee * 8/30 SanDisk Sansa M240 1GB MP3 Player w/ FM Tuner * 8/27 See-Sawlitude * 8/21 Nobody's Perfect

paintchick1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paintchick1

NOOOOOOOOO ITS SOLD OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAJOR SUCKAGE!!!!!!!!!

khonora

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khonora

Sure, everyone loves a good Starbucks dig. Everyone that is except for Starbucks. And the artists who have already made this same point...

khonora

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khonora
WildcardHB wrote:Parody is an affirmative defense to trademark infringement which is protected by the first amendment so long as it passes the consumer confusion test. If a substantial number of consumers confuse this shirt to that of Starbucks', then a court could find that the maker of this shirt infringed on the Starbucks trademark. Please see Nike, Inc. v. Just Did It Enter., 6 F.3d 1225, 1227 (7th Cir. 1993).

Thank you for this concise and informative post. This Slate.com article proves your point: http://archive.salon.com/business/feature/2000/06/01/starbuckssuit/index.html

exitenglish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages exitenglish

I like starbucks and I don't think it's much more expensive than any other coffee place around. Then again I only drink black coffee, and that costs about the same anywhere.

I don't 'do' the fufu coffee crap.