arenb37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arenb37

Reprint!

double XXL!

Reprint!

BansheeDauntle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BansheeDauntle

I don't see why Starbucks would be upset over this. Its not competition, its free advertising. The other coffee house was competing against them. They had an opportunity to put them out of business. Why wouldn't they sue? They have nothing to gain by putting woot out of business, unless of course coffee.woot.com is created...

djtj535

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djtj535
BansheeDauntle wrote:They have nothing to gain by putting woot out of business, unless of course coffee.woot.com is created...

HAHA! that just made my day. "Coffee.woot.com"... i see the future!

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
arenb37 wrote:Reprint!

double XXL!

Reprint!

so, uhm, 4XL? I think 3 is has high as it goes ;)

brandonvmoore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brandonvmoore

If they had written what they call the color down on the shirt I just might have bought it. haha

nickyboy86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nickyboy86
projectwoot wrote:I work for Starbucks and it's one of the best company's I've ever worked for. They truly put the "partners" first, the benefits are awesome, the discounts are worth their weight in gold, including a pound of coffee per week. The job offers flexibility and advancement. They are socially concious and are heavily involved in community outreach.

I don't know if corporate will latch on to this or not.

I missed the shirt. Bummer

I work for starbucks, and what people need to know is their labor practices are terrible. Sure its great they offer these benefits, but often many stores wont give their partners the 20 hours a week so they cannot get benefits. Also they schedule their workers terribly. Sometimes they will have them be off at 10PM and come in at 4AM the next day. It happens all the time, plus they pay their workers pennies above minimum wage.

miroatme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages miroatme

he i work there... groovy tips so please help...but every one that i work with bought this shirt and we are going to wear it next weekend as a tribute...so if you find us help us...just say were we got the shirt from and wel give you free coffee ...food if you tip $1 or more... thanks so much i love it

SheriffJenkins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SheriffJenkins

"I work for starbucks, and what people need to know is their labor practices are terrible. Sure its great they offer these benefits, but often many stores wont give their partners the 20 hours a week so they cannot get benefits. Also they schedule their workers terribly. Sometimes they will have them be off at 10PM and come in at 4AM the next day. It happens all the time, plus they pay their workers pennies above minimum wage. "

You manager is terrible then. I work for Starbucks and occasionally someone will be scheduled to close/open but more often than not, it's because they pick up a shift. And even now, during Christmas when there's a million people at my store, partners who want hours get hours and those who don't, don't.

Hell, I can't wait for this shirt to come in. I'll wear it on a "casual" day and see if anyone notices

superstargoddess

quality posts: 2 Private Messages superstargoddess

Yay, got it on the second time around, worth the extra money!

I am looking to buy "Life Choices", any size, send me a message!

So fuhqued up.

projectwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages projectwoot
superstargoddess wrote:Yay, got it on the second time around, worth the extra money!

What's the link for the next day shirt?

Had to Have it!!
9/21 Pirate Penguin * 9/20 L'Homme à L'Intérieur du Chat 9/19 * Deer By Numbers
9/15 * Cool Breeze * 9/12 Sewer Monster * 9/11 Snake Bouquet * 9/9 Go Rock, Beat Paper * 9/8 Panda Polo * 9/5 Sore Thumbs * 9/4 Ka-Boom * 9/2 Sunset Tree 9/1 * Organic Light Beam * 8/31 Jellyfishalicious * 8/27 Shirt.Woot Launch Tee * 8/30 SanDisk Sansa M240 1GB MP3 Player w/ FM Tuner * 8/27 See-Sawlitude * 8/21 Nobody's Perfect

shmeedles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shmeedles
projectwoot wrote:What's the link for the next day shirt?

http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=4284

s7yl33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages s7yl33

Love.

got 1 + overnight.

totally worth it This is my fav right next to the ghengas kahn shirt from a few eeks ago.

scifiak

quality posts: 3 Private Messages scifiak

Has anyone gotten the tracking info for their order yet?

I already got my "Random Shirt" tracking # and I ordered that AFTER this one (Fivebucks Coffee), so I would have expected to get this tracking number prior to the "Ramndom Shirt" order, but I've heard nothing of this shirt shipping yet.

Anyone?

cwlodarczyk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cwlodarczyk
scifiak wrote:Has anyone gotten the tracking info for their order yet?

I already got my "Random Shirt" tracking # and I ordered that AFTER this one (Fivebucks Coffee), so I would have expected to get this tracking number prior to the "Ramndom Shirt" order, but I've heard nothing of this shirt shipping yet.

Anyone?

I ordered "Disappate" the day after this was up. That order has shipped, but this one hasn't.

nickyboy86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nickyboy86

I got mine yesterday, but the charge on my card for the shirt disappeared i did the overnight shipping though so I dont know whats up, maybe they got introuble from sbux and had to refund/cancel the shirts

psychephylax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psychephylax

Also waiting for mine to ship. Next day's shirt already shipped for me too. But not this one.

SBellew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SBellew

Have not gotten mine yet. Status has not changed either. But they have charged my card so I figured it would have shipped by now.

~S

fiyeromini

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fiyeromini

I ordered mine on Saturday. (the day after it was first introduced) and it had not changed from "your order is in" to "your order has shipped" and it has been five days. so i dont know what is up with that.
if anyone gets any info let me know please.
i know there are a lot of us waiting and wondering about this. i wish woot would let us know. ARRRgyle! (to be like todays shirt.)

scifiak

I wrote to Customer Service yesterday askign them about the status of my order, and asking why after so much time, I haven't received any tracking info regarding my order. Here is the response:

I apologize that you received the tracking email so late. We are currently out of print in the size that you ordered. We are making more of them and once done, we will have the order shipped out. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for Wooting!
JR
Woot.com
Customer Service

fiyeromini

what size did you order?
cuz i ordered a 2xl.

Lintrix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lintrix

I ordered 1 s and 1 lg and have not yet received any shipping info yet on this shirt, but have gotten tracking number on the random shirt deal.

What going on Woot?

fiyeromini

I just sent Woot an e mail. so we shall see what is happening

"Dear Shirt.Woot,

I ordered my shirt "Now That's Just Overpriced" on 11/24/07, the day after it first went on sale. You told me that orders usually ship within 5 days. It has now been 6 business days and my status of that shirt has not changed from "Your Order is In" to "Your Order has Shipped". I was wondering why this might be happening. I checked in the discussion like you told me to, and someone else said they contacted you and that you told them that you had run out of those shirt sizes. If that is so, or if there is some other reason, please let me know as soon as possible because I would really like to have my shirt and spread the wonderful-ness of shirt.woot to the world even more with this shirt than I have already. Thank you!

Bryan Austermann
a.k.a. fiyeromini

P.S. Is there any news as to Starbucks getting grumpy (as they usually do) and suing you? If there is I will gladly sign any petition or whatever in favor of shirt.woot!!!!!"

^ That's my e mail (in case any of you were wondering hahaha)

fiyeromini

fiyeromini wrote:I just sent Woot an e mail. so we shall see what is happening

"Dear Shirt.Woot,

I ordered my shirt "Now That's Just Overpriced" on 11/24/07, the day after it first went on sale. You told me that orders usually ship within 5 days. It has now been 6 business days and my status of that shirt has not changed from "Your Order is In" to "Your Order has Shipped". I was wondering why this might be happening. I checked in the discussion like you told me to, and someone else said they contacted you and that you told them that you had run out of those shirt sizes. If that is so, or if there is some other reason, please let me know as soon as possible because I would really like to have my shirt and spread the wonderful-ness of shirt.woot to the world even more with this shirt than I have already. Thank you!

Bryan Austermann
a.k.a. fiyeromini

P.S. Is there any news as to Starbucks getting grumpy (as they usually do) and suing you? If there is I will gladly sign any petition or whatever in favor of shirt.woot!!!!!"

^ That's my e mail (in case any of you were wondering hahaha)

that is very strange
when i posted this i wrote ha ha, and it came up as hohoho (you cant see it now cuz i edited it) but i just thought that was very strange, i bet it will do it again in this post. (it did do it again and i had to edit it again! very strange!!!) ((what i put up there is only spaced because if i didnt space it, then it thinks i want to write hohoho))

fiyeromini

I got an e mail back from Woot.
My order has shipped. there was a link and it brought me to a fedex website, and my account still said that it was only in and not shipped. so idk how to go about getting that link without e mailing them. but whatever.
he responded to my question about Starbucks.

"I haven't heard anything around the office about Starbucks.

-Kevin"

so i think we are ok for the whole lawsuit thing.

scifiak

fiyeromini wrote:what size did you order?
cuz i ordered a 2xl.

I ordered a 2XL also.

cwlodarczyk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cwlodarczyk

I just now had an email come with shipping info:

Manifest ID: 2393470
Est. in Home 12/06/2007
Date Time Description Location
December 2, 2007 6:09 PM Sortation Center Arrival DENVER, CO
December 1, 2007 12:12 PM Sortation Center Departure LOS ANGELES, CA
November 30, 2007 12:56 PM Sortation Center Arrival LOS ANGELES, CA
November 29, 2007 4:48 PM Sortation Center Departure DALLAS, TX
November 27, 2007 2:37 PM Sortation Center Arrival DALLAS, TX
November 27, 2007 1:35 PM Pickup CARROLLTON, TX

Note that I live 10 miles south of the Denver metro, so I have to wonder if the expected delivery of Dec 6th is actually correct.

scifiak

cwlodarczyk wrote:I just now had an email come with shipping info:

Manifest ID: 2393470
Est. in Home 12/06/2007
Date Time Description Location
December 2, 2007 6:09 PM Sortation Center Arrival DENVER, CO
December 1, 2007 12:12 PM Sortation Center Departure LOS ANGELES, CA
November 30, 2007 12:56 PM Sortation Center Arrival LOS ANGELES, CA
November 29, 2007 4:48 PM Sortation Center Departure DALLAS, TX
November 27, 2007 1:35 PM Pickup CARROLLTON, TX

Note that I live 10 miles south of the Denver metro, so I have to wonder if the expected delivery of Dec 6th is actually correct.

It's probably correct. FedEx sortation cetner, Denver, CO. Then it will sit for 2 1/2 days in the Post Office, until they feel like delivering it.

psychephylax

My tracking number also showed up in my inbox today. Also shows a delivery of the 6th. I hope that means my Dissipate shirt will get here tomorrow since it was shipped 2 days earlier.

fiyeromini

i got my shirt today and love it!
i hope everyone else gets theirs soon, so that they can stop worrying about this whole shipping mishap.

psychephylax

Well, I got my 3 shirts today. I'm 200% sure woot screwed up this one. I ordered two shirts in XXL and even though the tags say XXL the shirt is an XXXL! It's like a muumuu. I have the Survival Tracking Guide shirt and it's also XXL but that's the right size. I'll be sending an email to Woot on this one.

AlienZulu

quality posts: 11 Private Messages AlienZulu

this shirt came out amazing
A+

radioactivity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages radioactivity

This is am amazing shirt but I'm surprised there hasn't been a lawsuit already.

I remember a few years ago in the comic book scene, someone from perhaps Slave Labor (could be mistaken) made an parody that said Consumer Whore. He was successfully sued and ordered to stop making the shirts.

dopey5007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dopey5007

Greate shirt, my brother should love it

I laugh every time I see a Starbucks logo now hohoho!

~D

jimbrady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimbrady

It's nice, but printed slightly in the wrong place as seems common with Woot shirts (this one's lower than I'd like--Men, Women, Pirates is off-center to the right, and Panda Polo was unusably low)...

Nice shirt anyway, looks-wise. BUT: what's with the RUBBERY graphics? That wasn't the way on my first several Woot shirts. Am I imagining this?

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead

whynotus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages whynotus

already got so many comments on this overthe weekend :-)

i can't wait to wear it into starbacks!

pentapenguin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pentapenguin

Anybody got their shirt yet? I'm still waiting!

Stupid SmartPost. Bah!

-pentapenguin

supersdc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supersdc
pentapenguin wrote:Anybody got their shirt yet? I'm still waiting!

Stupid SmartPost. Bah!

Nope still waiting. Even my tracking info doesn't show much of anything, except that it arrived at the sorting center in Dallas on 11/27.

jmblya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmblya
pentapenguin wrote:Anybody got their shirt yet? I'm still waiting!

Stupid SmartPost. Bah!

I'd be the first person to blame Smartpost, but this screw up is woot's fault. I got a response to my e-mail last night:

"I apologize we hae been out of the larger sizes on Now That's Just Overpriced. We did recieve them in on Monday, and will have your order shipped out by the end of the week. I apologize for the delay."

I don't expect it, but it would be really nice on woot's part if they shipped it overnight since I (we) waited 2+ weeks - without notice - for it to come back into stock and then a few more days for them to ship.

"Food snobs believe that anything created in Europe is inherently superior to the American-made equivalent. Allow me to explode that fallacy with these words: the 1983 Renault Alliance." - Michael J. Nelson

Not that you care...

ZEP77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZEP77

funny a$$ shirt woot!

just placed my order.... hope the "overnight" shipping is indeed overnight.

and by "night" I mean an Earth night.