Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
czardastx wrote:Not working Friday overnight is a good thing. Now you can go out and have a good time on a Fri. night.

What else has been going on in your life?

um lessee.....am a practice manager at a day-practice now - M-Th

you still the dungeon-master?

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:Ugh . . . don't remind me . . . I used to muck out stalls . . . for $1.75/hr.

wow - a whole buck-seventy-five!

czardastx

quality posts: 3 Private Messages czardastx
AZGman wrote:How many layers did ya remove?

Two layers. Funny thing, I helped put on the second layer just about 25 years ago. I never thought I'd be the one removing them.

We're refurbishing the house and will sell it when we're done. Had to have the foundation leveled, that was the biggest thing. Everything else it's me and my brother in law.

After the roof it's installing the new kitchen cabinets. Ooops, painting then cabinets then floors.

The secret to a happy marriage is to split everything 50/50. My wife gets the big half and I get the little half. - Chief Buffalo Nickel

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:Uhm . . . I got it . . .

oh sorry

was thinkin the coffee hadn't kicked in yet

guess that'd be me

czardastx

AZGman wrote:Ugh . . . don't remind me . . . I used to muck out stalls . . . for $1.75/hr.

I mucked stalls during a summer. that wasn't so bad, mowing the 2 acre yard with a push mower was the bitch part of that job.

The secret to a happy marriage is to split everything 50/50. My wife gets the big half and I get the little half. - Chief Buffalo Nickel

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
czardastx wrote:Two layers. Funny thing, I helped put on the second layer just about 25 years ago. I never thought I'd be the one removing them.

We're refurbishing the house and will sell it when we're done. Had to have the foundation leveled, that was the biggest thing. Everything else it's me and my brother in law.

After the roof it's installing the new kitchen cabinets. Ooops, painting then cabinets then floors.

Base cabinets, too? You should do the floor first . . .

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman

czardastx wrote:I mucked stalls during a summer. that wasn't so bad, mowing the 2 acre yard with a push mower was the bitch part of that job.

Sixty stalls a day . . . in Phoenix heat. Plus, twice a year, I got to creosote all the stall doors and paddock rails and posts to keep the horsies from chewing on 'em . . . lovely time.

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:oh sorry

was thinkin the coffee hadn't kicked in yet

guess that'd be me

Speakin' of coffee; brb . . .

czardastx

Lynnzoi wrote:um lessee.....am a practice manager at a day-practice now - M-Th

you still the dungeon-master?

Yes, but I'm thinking of a job change. I'm fed up with a lot of things that are going on. I've had to compromise too many of my values and I'm at the point of saying no more.

One of the biggest things is doing the job solo now. They hire more officers but cut my section from 2 people to just me. That means more work coming in....I'm going to stop. Don't have enough time to go into all of it.

Lynnzoi

czardastx wrote:Yes, but I'm thinking of a job change. I'm fed up with a lot of things that are going on. I've had to compromise too many of my values and I'm at the point of saying no more.

One of the biggest things is doing the job solo now. They hire more officers but cut my section from 2 people to just me. That means more work coming in....I'm going to stop. Don't have enough time to go into all of it.

sounds like a change would be a good thing You been dealin with that for a while now.....time to move on!

czardastx

AZGman wrote:Base cabinets, too? You should do the floor first . . .

I'm leaving it up to my b-i-l as to what we do. I'm just the hired hand, he's the expert.

But yes, base cabinets too, and it makes sense to do the floors first in the kitchen. We might, as I know he's just laying linoleum, that should be easy.

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:Sixty stalls a day . . . in Phoenix heat. Plus, twice a year, I got to creosote all the stall doors and paddock rails and posts to keep the horsies from chewing on 'em . . . lovely time.

that's a lotta manure

of course, I woulda given anything to work around horses as a kid...still plan on gettin myself some horses one of these days. I may be at the corral in my wheelchair but dammit - I'm gonna have horses before I die!

czardastx

Lynnzoi wrote:sounds like a change would be a good thing You were dealin with that for a while now.....time to move on!

At least one person won't like it if I unburden my soul before I leave.

Tell me, what do you think would be better, find another job or 'tattle' on an employee who breaks rules (and possibly laws) and maybe get them fired? The employee is popular and has friends who are in positions of power and can carry a grudge for a long time and then act on it after enough time has passed so they couldn't be accused of retaliation.

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:that's a lotta manure

of course, I woulda given anything to work around horses as a kid...still plan on gettin myself some horses one of these days. I may be at the corral in my wheelchair but dammit - I'm gonna have horses before I die!

Too much work . . .

Lynnzoi

czardastx wrote:At least one person won't like it if I unburden my soul before I leave.

Tell me, what do you think would be better, find another job or 'tattle' on an employee who breaks rules (and possibly laws) and maybe get them fired? The employee is popular and has friends who are in positions of power and can carry a grudge for a long time and then act on it after enough time has passed so they couldn't be accused of retaliation.

hmmm....always nice to right a wrong but it sounds like that might have possible long-term effects. So maybe just cut and run and be done with it.

AZGman

czardastx wrote:At least one person won't like it if I unburden my soul before I leave.

Do both . . .

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:Too much work . . .

yer talkin to someone with 8 cats and 3 dogs......6 birdfeeders outside..and a feral cat feeding station in the garage.

and anyway - I want horses! and maybe some rescue donkeys....and chickens.....and....

czardastx

Time for me to hit the road. I'll be back later to see if anyone else comments on my last post. Maybe I'll catch one or both of you on then.

It was good to see you Lynn and AZ.

Take care and I'll be back, again, for another visit, one more time, sometime later, in the future.

Lynnzoi

czardastx wrote:Time for me to hit the road. I'll be back later to see if anyone else comments on my last post. Maybe I'll catch one or both of you on then.

Take care and I'll be back, again, for another visit, one more time, sometime later, in the future.

Great seein ya czar! please come back soon

have a terrif day (shingle-pickin notwithstandin!)

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:yer talkin to someone with 8 cats and 3 dogs......6 birdfeeders outside..and a feral cat feeding station in the garage.

and anyway - I want horses! and maybe some rescue donkeys....and chickens.....and....

Ol' MacDonald!!

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:Ol' MacDonald!!

aye laddie - that'd be the ticket

gotta find me a rich Scots farmer!

AZGman

czardastx wrote:Time for me to hit the road. I'll be back later to see if anyone else comments on my last post. Maybe I'll catch one or both of you on then.

Cya, czar . . . enjoy b'fast and say howdy to the gang!

AZGman

Well, I best be gettin' motorvated, too . . . yak at ya later . . . Have a safe pet day!!

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:Well, I best be gettin' motorvated, too . . . yak at ya later . . . Have a safe pet day!!

yeah, me too....

have yerself a rollin' good time!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hiya Czar.

My suggestion: If the job is bothering as much and as long as you say, get out. On your exit, talk with a supervisor you trust. Tell them what you know or suspect. Let this person know outright that you know they can't act on hearsay from you and you don't expect them to, nor do you want them to. You just want to make them aware of what is going on so they can keep their eyes open and investigate if they feel it is appropriate. You can also let them know that you won't be available for testimony because you are worried about retaliation. They need to build their own case based on evidence they find. And as you leave, you remind that person that the conversation you had never happened.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Hubby said get out. Or transfer to a totally different place if you can. Don't say anything.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman

Mornin'

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:Mornin'

mornin

up with the sweetie ookie-nookums

red sweetie ookie-nookums has decided he wants to lay in the snow

I'm half-tempted to leave him there and go back to bed

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:mornin

up with the sweetie ookie-nookums

red sweetie ookie-nookums has decided he wants to lay in the snow

I'm half-tempted to leave him there and go back to bed

Mornin' . . . up early cuz I wanna finish painting today . . . may not make it.

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:Mornin' . . . up early cuz I wanna finish painting today . . . may not make it.

mornin AZ

hope ya git yer project done - then you can put yer stuff away and not hafta think about it!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Hi!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Lynnzoi

dontwantaname wrote:Hi!

howdy!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynnzoi wrote:howdy!

Do dogs get posion Ivy? Just wondering.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Lynnzoi

dontwantaname wrote:Do dogs get posion Ivy? Just wondering.

um.....I don't think they are afflicted by it but can give it to people cuz they can carry it on their fur. Have even heard of folks getting it from horses who have eaten it and gotten slobbered on

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynnzoi wrote:um.....I don't think they are afflicted by it but can give it to people cuz they can carry it on their fur. Have even heard of folks getting it from horses who have eaten it and gotten slobbered on

ick!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Lynnzoi

dontwantaname wrote:ick!

I feel the same way about baby spit

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynnzoi wrote:I feel the same way about baby spit

Actually I don't like drool. I was very happy when I didn't get any overly drooly babies!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Uncorked

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Uncorked
dontwantaname wrote:Actually I don't like drool. I was very happy when I didn't get any overly drooly babies!

I'm happy when I don't drool on myself!!!

Domestic Zymologist since 1980

Lynnzoi

mornin AZ

Lynnzoi

Lynnzoi wrote:mornin AZ

see ya later AZ!

Hope everyone has a great day!