Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi

mornin kidds

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
Lynnzoi wrote:mornin kidds

Hi Lynn! Currently a small argument at my house about which is better for cats, Cat Chow or Purina One. I say Purina One is better for the cat than Cat Chow. Hubby disagrees because Cat Chow is a "name brand". They are both made by Purina, but I can tell the cat is a little thinner over the past couple of weeks. What do you feed you cats?

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
Lynnzoi wrote:mornin kidds

Hiya, kiddo!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman

Off to get some lunch! Laterz, gang!

Lynnzoi

zea3 wrote:Hi Lynn! Currently a small argument at my house about which is better for cats, Cat Chow or Purina One. I say Purina One is better for the cat than Cat Chow. Hubby disagrees because Cat Chow is a "name brand". They are both made by Purina, but I can tell the cat is a little thinner over the past couple of weeks. What do you feed you cats?

Mornin!

Purina One is a better food - and ProPlan is Purinas highest OTC brand, which is what I fed prior to going to all prescription diets. Cat Chow is Purinas base-line food - not a bad product, but kinda has more fillers than the ProPlan.

Because cats are obligate carnivores, they need meat - period. They don't really need carbs (well, certainly not as many as most dry foods provide)...they can metabolize their energy needs from meat protein. So in looking at cat foods, you want the firs 2 ingredients (at the very least) to be meat - not meat by-product - meat.

Sorry for the delay in answering - got a sad hurtin reddog this morning - he has done something to his neck So I been molly-coddlin him (imagine that!)

zea3

Lynnzoi wrote:Mornin!

Purina One is a better food - and ProPlan is Purinas highest OTC brand, which is what I fed prior to going to all prescription diets. Cat Chow is Purinas base-line food - not a bad product, but kinda has more fillers than the ProPlan.

Because cats are obligate carnivores, they need meat - period. They don't really need carbs (well, certainly not as many as most dry foods provide)...they can metabolize their energy needs from meat protein. So in looking at cat foods, you want the firs 2 ingredients (at the very least) to be meat - not meat by-product - meat.

Sorry for the delay in answering - got a sad hurtin reddog this morning - he has done something to his neck So I been molly-coddlin him (imagine that!)

Poor baby! Thanks for the info!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

zea3 wrote:Poor baby! Thanks for the info!

Are you going to gloat now?
I would.
I bet daj would. Poof would do it silently.
Not so sure about you. You might be nicer than us.

(I would have the laptop in hand and tell hubby HA! Look at this !!! I was right!!!)

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

zea3

dontwantaname wrote:Are you going to gloat now?
I would.
I bet daj would. Poof would do it silently.
Not so sure about you. You might be nicer than us.

(I would have the laptop in hand and tell hubby HA! Look at this !!! I was right!!!)

Hi D'name! I already gave him the lecture before I got the verification!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

zea3 wrote:Hi D'name! I already gave him the lecture before I got the verification!

How are the boys?
Any proms this year?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

Heh

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Heh

Hi. Why aren't you watching the races?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:Hi. Why aren't you watching the races?

Hi, d'name! Who says I'm not?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Hi, d'name! Who says I'm not?

Are the right cars winning?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:Are the right cars winning?

Yup, them what gots round tires!!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

What's for dinner?

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

zea3

dontwantaname wrote:How are the boys?
Any proms this year?

Hi again! No proms this year, thank goodness. At the beginning of this school year #1 son had to buy a tux for choir. It was the same style of tux he had rented for the prom back in May. Had I but known, I would have just bought the darn thing then!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

zea3 wrote:Hi again! No proms this year, thank goodness. At the beginning of this school year #1 son had to buy a tux for choir. It was the same style of tux he had rented for the prom back in May. Had I but known, I would have just bought the darn thing then!

Son joined the chorus at the first college he went to for one semester. We paid for a tux that was required. He never went to pick it up or get the money back.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

zea3

dontwantaname wrote:Son joined the chorus at the first college he went to for one semester. We paid for a tux that was required. He never went to pick it up or get the money back.

That would make me crazy! I think I would take it out of his hide!

AZGman

Mornin', gang

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:Mornin', gang

mornin AZ

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:mornin AZ

Howdy, kiddo!

tall4agirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tall4agirl

Mornin' AZG and Lynnz.

Lynnzoi

tall4agirl wrote:Mornin' AZG and Lynnz.

mornin Tall!

tall4agirl

Lynnzoi wrote:mornin Tall!

Howdy, Lynnz. Has Spring made it up there yet?

Lynnzoi

tall4agirl wrote:Howdy, Lynnz. Has Spring made it up there yet?

well spring kinda swept passed us - we have had temps into the 80s on and off over the past couple of weeks....supposed to get cooler this week tho - and rainy - so I'd say spring might happen this week

its funny that there are 'no-burn' ordinances in effect everywhere cuz its been so dry - but flood warnings on the rivers at the same time cuz of the snow melt in the Adirondacks

AZGman

tall4agirl wrote:Mornin' AZG and Lynnz.

Mornin', t'girl!

tall4agirl

Lynnzoi wrote:well spring kinda swept passed us - we have had temps into the 80s on and off over the past couple of weeks....supposed to get cooler this week tho - and rainy - so I'd say spring might happen this week

its funny that there are 'no-burn' ordinances in effect everywhere cuz its been so dry - but flood warnings on the rivers at the same time cuz of the snow melt in the Adirondacks

That's some interesting weather you have! I'll hope for some normal Spring weather for you.

We've had pretty decent weather. Went to the greenhouse yesterday to get most of the annuals for the yard. Now the planting begins...

I bought some flowers that I've never seen before yesterday. I like the blooms, so I had to get some. I hope they survive! :D

tall4agirl

AZGman wrote:Mornin', t'girl!

Howdy. Sorry 'bout the golf. I'd send you our weather if I could. It's perfect for golf this morning. Sunny and cool.

Lynnzoi

tall4agirl wrote:That's some interesting weather you have! I'll hope for some normal Spring weather for you.

We've had pretty decent weather. Went to the greenhouse yesterday to get most of the annuals for the yard. Now the planting begins...

I bought some flowers that I've never seen before yesterday. I like the blooms, so I had to get some. I hope they survive! :D

I don't dare put in annuals til Mem Day

but greenhouse shopping - oooh one of my fave things! And I, too, like to buy things cuz they are different ....gotta show us some pics of yer posies when ya get em in

AZGman

tall4agirl wrote:Howdy. Sorry 'bout the golf. I'd send you our weather if I could. It's perfect for golf this morning. Sunny and cool.

Figures!! Wish ya could.

Lynnzoi

ok, its grey and cool here...dogs are in bed......I'm off to join them

ttfn!

tall4agirl

Lynnzoi wrote:ok, its grey and cool here...dogs are in bed......I'm off to join them

ttfn!

Cya, Lynnz. Happy napping!

tall4agirl

AZGman wrote:Figures!! Wish ya could.

We were supposed to have storms yesterday, but they fizzled before they arrived. All I saw was some light rain early in the morning and then it was sunny the rest of the day.

My nephew is playing baseball this afternoon; it might be the perfect day to sit in the sun and watch a game. :D

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:ok, its grey and cool here...dogs are in bed......I'm off to join them

ttfn!

See ya, schnoozer!!

AZGman

Hmm . . . nothin' must've happened today . . . again!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Hmm . . . nothin' must've happened today . . . again!!

Happy Monday Gman!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining

Good Morning Gman
Hi boys, good to see you, take care and stay out of trouble, I know you know how to act.

AZGman

Mornin', gang

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:Mornin', gang

mornin AZ

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:mornin AZ

Mornin', kiddo!! What kind of day are ya wakin' uo to?