Alvysyngr


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Alvysyngr

love it - hehehe

in for uno

vishneda


quality posts: 0 Private Messages vishneda

Thanks to Woot for the nomination and for giving this one a second chance, and thanks to everyone who voted!

Omnipotent15


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Omnipotent15

hehe, another I.T. here.
wooted!

elfpuck


quality posts: 0 Private Messages elfpuck

i would have liked it if he didn't have the (run) part.

BillT


quality posts: 0 Private Messages BillT

When you tag someone, do they have to wear the shirt?
Just wondering.

Blakegj


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Blakegj

I LIKE it.

RUN!

brizz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz

truly sad that in a redo of some of the more impressive designs from the past few months that THIS garbage won....just amazing. can never underestimate the carbon blobs and geek influence on the net though. sad sad sad.

auggie24


quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
KryseeMac wrote:ROTFLMAO I did write that wrong didn't I?



Sorry... That was too easy. Thanks for having a sense of humor!

auggie24


quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
brizz wrote:truly sad that in a redo of some of the more impressive designs from the past few months that THIS garbage won....just amazing. can never underestimate the carbon blobs and geek influence on the net though. sad sad sad.



This from someone who bought 'Say No to Scurvy'? Wow!

madcran


quality posts: 2 Private Messages madcran

In for three, I work as a Mac Consultant and some of my clients would probably have a heart attack when they see me in this. That is why I'm going to buy it. Besides, the other clients are graphic artists and they are pretty relaxed and laid back.

KryseeMac


quality posts: 2 Private Messages KryseeMac
auggie24 wrote:Sorry... That was too easy. Thanks for having a sense of humor!




No problem. Some do come a little unglued here...don't they?

JohnQ118


quality posts: 2 Private Messages JohnQ118

This? People what to wear THIS the most?!?
No, ... thanks.

wOOt! 1st woot:20-AUG’05|43-w00ts|41-shirts|3-wine.w00t!Cheeses|11-Sellouts|2-Kids.w00t

RescueMe9962


quality posts: 0 Private Messages RescueMe9962

Wahooooo! I'm in for one...My 1st WOOT Shirt...YAY! Im happier than a pig in balderdash!

vishneda


quality posts: 0 Private Messages vishneda
liberalandproud wrote:Centered placement is the only reason I didn't buy it.


I toyed with placement on pocket vs. centered when I designed the shirt. I can definitely see where some people might prefer that approach. I went with centered and larger because it was something you couldn't just do at OfficeMax yourself. I felt that pocket placement would make the shirt less unique. Plus, I wanted it to stand out more and be noticed and the placement draws attention to the shirt (person says... why is that tag so big and centered).

Count_Zero


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Count_Zero

I'm sorry, but this shirt does not do anything for me. I was following it in the Derby and I didn't get it until I read the comments.

weblerrik


quality posts: 0 Private Messages weblerrik

I'm always amazed at how people trash, I mean attack and geguile, shirts here. There have been many a shirt that I didn't like, didn't understand or just plain wouldn't wear but never thought to insult the artist.

I'm not going to share my thoughts because I'm not trolling here but just had to share with the world my disgruntled energy at such uncalled for negativity.

I'm in for one.

Thanks.

sandbar67


quality posts: 14 Private Messages sandbar67

Yep, I'm another IT guy, in for one even though I've been warned not too.


WonderWooter


quality posts: 6 Private Messages WonderWooter
brizz wrote:truly sad that in a redo of some of the more impressive designs from the past few months that THIS garbage won....just amazing. can never underestimate the carbon blobs and geek influence on the net though. sad sad sad.



You know, there is a type of communication whereby you relate your point, without being rude or obnoxious. In this pattern, one might stipulate that these derbies, while showcasing some of the finest talent, also serve to illustrate how varied public opinion can be.

In this vein the author might proceed to further the point by saying "I myself saw other designs that I felt had greater merit and displayed more creativity, yet I find it is a design that I discounted as simplistic that received the highest honor"

It might do well to note here, that while designing T-shirts is definitely art, communication is an art form of it's own

Don't be sexist. Broads hate that.

sandbar67


quality posts: 14 Private Messages sandbar67
weblerrik wrote:I'm always amazed at how people trash, I mean attack and geguile, shirts here. There have been many a shirt that I didn't like, didn't understand or just plain wouldn't wear but never thought to insult the artist.

I'm not going to share my thoughts because I'm not trolling here but just had to share with the world my disgruntled energy at such uncalled for negativity.



THIS

tonsofpcs


quality posts: 1 Private Messages tonsofpcs

IT is two points.

GTstyle


quality posts: 0 Private Messages GTstyle
vishneda wrote:I toyed with placement on pocket vs. centered when I designed the shirt. I can definitely see where some people might prefer that approach. I went with centered and larger because it was something you couldn't just do at OfficeMax yourself. I felt that pocket placement would make the shirt less unique. Plus, I wanted it to stand out more and be noticed and the placement draws attention to the shirt (person says... why is that tag so big and centered).



I was leaning towards wanting it to be pocket side rather then center. But then I thought about it & like how it draws the eye. Exactely as you were thinking when you designed it. Good job.

    Woot
  • Lights & Monkeys
  • 3/1/09 - Recaro
  • 6/19/08 - MS S&T w/GPS
  • 3/28/08 - HP m9040n
  • 7/22/07 - Weather Stat
  • 7/19/07 - Whistler DE1770
  • 7/19/07 - Inverter
  • 7/12/07 - Bundles of Clones/li>
  • 6/25/07 - Nokia 770
    Shirt
  • random = lots
  • 3/22/08 - CDN Periodic Table
  • 1/4/08 - Tag
  • 9/19/07 - Deer By #
  • 8/17/07 - Reality Isn't For Everyone
  • 8/10/07 - Dead Heat
  • 7/23/07 - Sore Thumbs
    Sellout
  • 4/1/08 - IR Thermometer
  • 12/24/07 - Flashlight/Radio
  • 10/12/07 - Desk Caddy

DRosen90


quality posts: 0 Private Messages DRosen90

Funny idea, but it's not my taste. It's a bit corny imo

sayah


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sayah
jslsnowboarder wrote:Congrats on making the 2nd worst shirt.
(1st being coupon shirt)

Woot should have just picked shirts they thought should have won for this.
Oh well people voted and let them have their shirt.



Those who can (vishneda)...Do



Those who can't (jslsnowboarder)....complain


http://www.shirtderbystats.com/pstats.asp?derby=Halloween&owner=jslsnowboarder

sayah


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sayah
auggie24 wrote:This from someone who bought 'Say No to Scurvy'? Wow!



ROFLMAO

GTstyle


quality posts: 0 Private Messages GTstyle
sayah wrote:Those who can (vishneda)...Do



Those who can't (jslsnowboarder)....complain


http://www.shirtderbystats.com/pstats.asp?derby=Halloween&owner=jslsnowboarder



pwned

    Woot
  • Lights & Monkeys
  • 3/1/09 - Recaro
  • 6/19/08 - MS S&T w/GPS
  • 3/28/08 - HP m9040n
  • 7/22/07 - Weather Stat
  • 7/19/07 - Whistler DE1770
  • 7/19/07 - Inverter
  • 7/12/07 - Bundles of Clones/li>
  • 6/25/07 - Nokia 770
    Shirt
  • random = lots
  • 3/22/08 - CDN Periodic Table
  • 1/4/08 - Tag
  • 9/19/07 - Deer By #
  • 8/17/07 - Reality Isn't For Everyone
  • 8/10/07 - Dead Heat
  • 7/23/07 - Sore Thumbs
    Sellout
  • 4/1/08 - IR Thermometer
  • 12/24/07 - Flashlight/Radio
  • 10/12/07 - Desk Caddy

goldfishinapicklejar


quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldfishinapicklejar

Congrats, this had a big fanbase.

wootNmypants


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootNmypants



why put a name tag in the middle of your chest?

KryseeMac


quality posts: 2 Private Messages KryseeMac
DRosen90 wrote:Funny idea, but it's not my taste. It's a bit corny imo



You can't wear a 'art' t-shirt all the time. I like t-shirts that will make someone smile or better yet...if they even get it.

sayah


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sayah
auggie24 wrote:If your son is a student, isn't he a little too old to be nursing?



Again ROFLMAO

Youre on fire

alexanda


quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexanda
djdoughy wrote:for some reason, ive seen this somewhere before?



I think I remember seeing it at the top of a website I visited in the last few weeks, possibly a digg link.

kihou


quality posts: 1 Private Messages kihou

Not my style, but congrats =D

MaskedMarvel


quality posts: 11 Private Messages MaskedMarvel
vishneda wrote:I toyed with placement on pocket vs. centered when I designed the shirt. I can definitely see where some people might prefer that approach. I went with centered and larger because it was something you couldn't just do at OfficeMax yourself. I felt that pocket placement would make the shirt less unique. Plus, I wanted it to stand out more and be noticed and the placement draws attention to the shirt (person says... why is that tag so big and centered).




1- Congrats Vish!
2- I always wear those name tags centered. If it weren't rent day, I'd be in for one.
3- Auggie: You not only WERE First Sucker (I can confirm I saw that), but you get the award for the best reply I've ever seen with the "Nursing Student." I'm still chuckling...

KZuke


quality posts: 0 Private Messages KZuke
WonderWooter wrote:You know, there is a type of communication whereby you relate your point, without being rude or obnoxious. In this pattern, one might stipulate that these derbies, while showcasing some of the finest talent, also serve to illustrate how varied public opinion can be.

In this vein the author might proceed to further the point by saying "I myself saw other designs that I felt had greater merit and displayed more creativity, yet I find it is a design that I discounted as simplistic that received the highest honor"

It might do well to note here, that while designing T-shirts is definitely art, communication is an art form of it's own



Well said - I concur. No need to be an ass-hat if it's not your style, just click that little red X in the top right of your window...

That being said, I'd buy one if it came out in a version w/the tag on the chest pocket location...

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
KryseeMac wrote:You can't wear a 'art' t-shirt all the time. I like t-shirts that will make someone smile or better yet...if they even get it.



You certainly can. It'd be more apt to say most people don't.

And while I'm certainly an equally ironic person to call someone out for design skills, there's really a certain humor in sayah insulting another designer's work because that designer didn't like this shirt. It'd be like me saying that a shirt sucked because it wasn't drawn clean enough.

PrairieDawn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages PrairieDawn

Nice idea! Sadly this is my broke week Hope you have more ideas, I cant wait to see what else you bring to the table

searchneverend


quality posts: 2 Private Messages searchneverend

computer engineering (software and hardware) student and intern here. cant wait to get this shirt.

RUN sounds much better under the big IT as it also represents the RUN Command in Dos (Not Denial of Service)

thanx for the artist and congrats, N41



geekfactor12


quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
auggie24 wrote:This from someone who bought 'Say No to Scurvy'? Wow!



Say No to Scurvy is an attractive, funny illustration. I'm not sure what it has to do with this shirt, which is a simple joke concept. (Neither is a bad thing to be, but they're not the same thing.)

sayah wrote:Those who can (vishneda)...Do
Those who can't (jslsnowboarder)....complain



Having an opinion is something everyone has a right to. I certainly don't think anyone in the forum should shut up just because they haven't had a winning shirt yet. I mean, by that logic Cho (one of the most printed designers here) could waltz in and say HeatherPickens is the new DaVinci and pwn us all. But we all know that wouldn't be true, and I hope people would say so.

The world would be a boring place if people agreed all the time- I know I actually like to read the negative comments on my stuff here, a lot of it is quite funny

(As far as the shirt goes- I don't hate this one, I just don't love it either.)

eyeslikesugar


quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar

I like the concept. I truly do. But I refuse to buy a huge name tag, centered. Would have been better if it actually looked like a name tag. Smaller, don't care about the placement as you can place name tags anywhere. *crosses fingers for "Take it Back" tomorrow*

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

SunflowerPrincess


quality posts: 18 Private Messages SunflowerPrincess
vishneda wrote:I toyed with placement on pocket vs. centered when I designed the shirt. I can definitely see where some people might prefer that approach. I went with centered and larger because it was something you couldn't just do at OfficeMax yourself. I felt that pocket placement would make the shirt less unique. Plus, I wanted it to stand out more and be noticed and the placement draws attention to the shirt (person says... why is that tag so big and centered).




Placing the "name tag" in the center is just what some joker would do at a party if he (and by he I mean my brother who would have totaly done this, and probaly did!) was trying to be the life of the party.

I think it's great and bought one. So thank you!

Oops, my Tiara slipped!

SunflowerPrincess


quality posts: 18 Private Messages SunflowerPrincess
weblerrik wrote:I'm always amazed at how people trash, I mean attack and geguile, shirts here. There have been many a shirt that I didn't like, didn't understand or just plain wouldn't wear but never thought to insult the artist.

I'm not going to share my thoughts because I'm not trolling here but just had to share with the world my disgruntled energy at such uncalled for negativity.

I'm in for one.

Well said.

Thanks.



Oops, my Tiara slipped!