PEBKACcheri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PEBKACcheri

AHHHHH! Curse me for not staying up late to get this shirt! Curse the rhinovirus for giving me a cold and making me want to sleep! Eh...I'll get this shirt. I'll get it. One way or another....BwaHaHaHaHa

ElephantNest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ElephantNest
liberalandproud wrote:Centered placement is the only reason I didn't buy it.

Same.

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
brizz wrote:Scurvy is a clever shirt with a funny and ingenious design. This is, well, not.

I am sorry to disagree for fablefire's sake. I even went back and read through the comments to try to glean the clever part of a caped orange with skulls behind it. Sorry to be so evidently clueless to a higher thinking like yours. I just think your off the cuff negative remark was worthy of a snort-inducing comeback, especially since I like this shirt. Spin it whichever way you want, Scurvy really is gawd-awful. This at least has a few dimensions that work for it.

crisuskeer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages crisuskeer

It's sold out? 1250 of them?

Man, I could have gone to Wal-Mart, gotten some shirts, these stickers, some Sharpies, gray fabric paint, and totally profited.

And the shirts I make will allow you to customize the location of your sticker, centered OR left-chest.

...But you can only move it a few times before it doesn't stick anymore.

Visit Borderline Hikikomori, an anime blog

Turbotuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Turbotuff
kihou wrote:Wait, is it supposed to be "IT" as in the scary clown from a Steven King novel.

Exactly what I was wondering. It wasn't until I read the WOOT blog that I realized it was TAG. Maybe instead of run it should have said TAG. I like it better now that I know its from TAG but it could be too many things.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly

Dangit! I wanted this shirt, but I forgot to check Woot last night. :'-(

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

HotIceCream

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HotIceCream

best of the lot. for sure. congrats!

lilacjive

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilacjive

Man I saw this at 1:30 in the AM, should have bought it then...

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
tonsofpcs wrote:IT is two points.

I'm glad you posted this.
Unless the Woot guys were thinking that this was the first word on the board, but they did say no special squares.

godman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages godman

i knew i shoulda bought it last night... my gf was like why didn't you buy it!! she wanted one too.

crisuskeer wrote:It's sold out? 1250 of them?

Man, I could have gone to Wal-Mart, gotten some shirts, these stickers, some Sharpies, gray fabric paint, and totally profited.

And the shirts I make will allow you to customize the location of your sticker, centered OR left-chest.

...But you can only move it a few times before it doesn't stick anymore.

SOLD!!! make me some jejeje

ejseader

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ejseader

This is absolutely fantastic! I'm bummed that I'll have to spend $15 for it now that they're sold out, but hell, I paid $15 for the "Dependence Day" shirt, so why not? :-)

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow

wootweed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootweed
mfrederick94 wrote:This is def a reissue, come on woot i missed it

I like that idea. reissue!

summerdawne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages summerdawne

Damn it!!!! I missed out AGAIN!! This shirt is sweet! :::Bangs head on desk:::

DAMN ME!

Summer Emison

kippyj

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kippyj

FINALLY, another shirt I would actually buy and I HAD to sleep in today! And here I thought 2008 was going to be my lucky year!

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris

jzapin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jzapin

Yikes! Why one there's a great one, I never get it!

Please open it up again Woot! Please please please!

numchuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages numchuck

damn, the nerd vote once again takes over. idk about you, but i havent worn these types of T-shirts since I shopped at Hot Topic in grade school. woots gone downhill lately, especially with this shi(r)t.

lilacjive

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilacjive
jzapin wrote:Yikes! Why one there's a great one, I never get it!

Please open it up again Woot! Please please please!

it'll be back up again tomorrow for an additional five dollars, like always...

hyeongjoonkim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hyeongjoonkim
numchuck wrote:damn, the nerd vote once again takes over. idk about you, but i havent worn these types of T-shirts since I shopped at Hot Topic in grade school. woots gone downhill lately, especially with this shi(r)t.

I don't really think that nerd shirts and hot topic are comparable...

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Don’t wear this shirt: if you work in information technology. People will get confused, and that just isn’t fair.

But that's exactly why I want it... :-P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct

I thought this shirt had something do with information technology when I first saw it. Now I that I understand it, it's a much funnier shirt.

congrats on the win, and selling out so quickly!

flemminpants

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flemminpants

ah, my first woot. so nice... so nice.

cmcginn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmcginn

@paOol
"it should say
"hello my name is"
not hello im"

No. The joke is "I'm IT. You're IT" (as in "tag"), not "My name is IT. Your name is IT."

agiannini07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages agiannini07
auggie24 wrote:If your son is a student, isn't he a little too old to be nursing?

i think she meant her son is in nursing school... way to screw that one up

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
wootweed wrote:I like that idea. reissue!

Yknow, by and large I've noticed a huge decline in people not knowing how to get a shirt second-day. Somehow, though, it doesn't surprise me that a shirt of this sort would be the one to break that trend. It's a simple, familiar design, which means it appeals to the lowest common denominator more than something more artistic would. And really, you can't expect the lowest common denominator to do things like "read a whole thread" or "understand how a site works".

As for what a pirate orange has to do with Scurvy... absolutely nothing. Nothing to do with how to treat/prevent scurvy, and certainly nothing to do with the sorts of people most apt to get it. Past that, while it's not my cup of tea, it's an engaging design... there's a lot going on to catch the eye, it's bright, vibrant, adorable, and above all unique. I maintain that this isn't a horrible shirt, but it is not engaging, bright, vibrant, adorable, or really overly unique.

godman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages godman
agiannini07 wrote:i think she meant her son is in nursing school... way to screw that one up

Focker?

krouth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krouth

Nice shirt... I'll be back tomorrow to get one.

krouth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krouth
AdderXYU wrote:Yknow, by and large I've noticed a huge decline in people not knowing how to get a shirt second-day. Somehow, though, it doesn't surprise me that a shirt of this sort would be the one to break that trend. It's a simple, familiar design, which means it appeals to the lowest common denominator more than something more artistic would. And really, you can't expect the lowest common denominator to do things like "read a whole thread" or "understand how a site works".

I think you're being kinda harsh calling anyone who may like this shirt (or anyone who may be newer to this site and not know about how to get a shirt second-day) "the lowest common denominator".
The shirt may not be your cup of tea, but instead of resorting to name calling because others like it seems infantile. Maybe next time you might even try and be helpful to others in the thread and let them know how to order the shirt the second day...
Just the opinion of a "lowest common denominator" who happens to think this is a cool shirt.

fablefire

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fablefire
auggie24 wrote:I am sorry to disagree for fablefire's sake. I even went back and read through the comments to try to glean the clever part of a caped orange with skulls behind it. Sorry to be so evidently clueless to a higher thinking like yours. I just think your off the cuff negative remark was worthy of a snort-inducing comeback, especially since I like this shirt. Spin it whichever way you want, Scurvy really is gawd-awful. This at least has a few dimensions that work for it.

..aww... now I'm going to go cry in a corner with my toaster of doom...

sayah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sayah

ignore that tool.

he knows hes bashing a couple of thousand people that are gonna dole out the lincolns for this bad boy. A few people respond and he's finally getting attention. i fell into his trap too but then I realized its not my fault his daddy never said I Love You.

daniel6794

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daniel6794

i m glad i could not get one of these. these are lame.

auggie24

fablefire wrote:..aww... now I'm going to go cry in a corner with my toaster of doom...

As long as you stay away from the bathtub while holding your toaster of doom... I have liked other projects you have done, and wouldn't want anything too bad to happen... I just didn't understand the orange pirate... but it looks like it has made you a small mint, though, so congrats!

stephaniewoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stephaniewoot

Its a cute shirt, but not for me.
Good job though

auggie24

auggie24 wrote:As long as you stay away from the bathtub while holding your toaster of doom... I have liked other projects you have done, and wouldn't want anything too bad to happen... I just didn't understand the orange pirate... but it looks like it has made you a small mint, though, so congrats!

Oh, and lest any thinks I really dislike fablefire - buy Creative Thought Process - keep it out of the dustbin of the reckoning this weekend. Click on the image:

liberalandproud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages liberalandproud
auggie24 wrote:I am sorry to disagree for fablefire's sake. I even went back and read through the comments to try to glean the clever part of a caped orange with skulls behind it. Sorry to be so evidently clueless to a higher thinking like yours. I just think your off the cuff negative remark was worthy of a snort-inducing comeback, especially since I like this shirt. Spin it whichever way you want, Scurvy really is gawd-awful. This at least has a few dimensions that work for it.

Sea-going types were often subject to scurvy if they didn't eat citrus. Pirate orange = scurvy-free!

My favorite woot: Gourmet Coffee Cafe Single Serving Coffeemaker with Free (crappy) Coffee
use it every day, with Juan Valdez or Melitta pods

wrevis

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wrevis

<i>The Constitution. The Magna Carta. The Ten Commandments. The Code Of Hammurabi.</i>

One of these is not like the others.

liberalandproud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages liberalandproud
wrevis wrote:<i>The Constitution. The Magna Carta. The Ten Commandments. The Code Of Hammurabi.</i>

One of these is not like the others.

Um . . . the one that's not man-made?

My favorite woot: Gourmet Coffee Cafe Single Serving Coffeemaker with Free (crappy) Coffee
use it every day, with Juan Valdez or Melitta pods

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan
tulsatrey wrote:"Clara Bow" was the funniest part of today's shirt.woot.

I don't know how many times I've almost bought something from woot and then realized that the only appealing feature was in the description.

Yes, the original "Information Technology" Girl

sayah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sayah
fablefire wrote:Lawl... sayah is preaching to people about kosher conduct...

Grats on the win and sellout Vish!

I dont attack. The only thing I ever said bad about one of your designs is that I didnt like that string you had hanging down across the bottom.

I didnt say that the people that bought it were "The Lowest Common Denominator".

Please post some of my "unprovoked" rude statements before mouthing off.

pcroboman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pcroboman

Awesome!

4/13/2007 Sandisk Sansa e140 1GB MP3 Player {2}
11/05/2007 Sandisk Sansa e250 2GB PMP (1)

The Internet is a series of tubes!

arvay7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arvay7

Wow, i figured this shirt would sell out but not so quickly! Congrats again, Vish!