sayah


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sayah
wrevis wrote:<i>The Constitution. The Magna Carta. The Ten Commandments. The Code Of Hammurabi.</i>

One of these is not like the others.



Many here should be glad that the Code of Hammurabi doesnt apply in threads.... Especially #2

If any one bring an accusation against a man, and the accused go to the river and leap into the river, if he sink in the river his accuser shall take possession of his house. But if the river prove that the accused is not guilty, and he escape unhurt, then he who had brought the accusation shall be put to death, while he who leaped into the river shall take possession of the house that had belonged to his accuser.

Id have a lot of houses.

fablefire


quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
auggie24 wrote:As long as you stay away from the bathtub while holding your toaster of doom... I have liked other projects you have done, and wouldn't want anything too bad to happen... I just didn't understand the orange pirate... but it looks like it has made you a small mint, though, so congrats!



The toaster would probably fly away if I went near the bathtub. ...unless it really didn't like me and decided to take me down with it... hmm...

...and when I made Scurvy, I originally pictured as a poster or promo of sorts to be hung and worn around pirates to promote the prevention of scurvy - 3rd grade style of course, with cute little fruit. Kind of like those posters in school that were anti-smoking or weed...

...and thanks for the props on TCTP. It'll be close this week. >.<

cottinghamk


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cottinghamk

hohoho I totally read this as I.T. (as in Information Technology). God, I hated those people at my school.

fablefire


quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
sayah wrote:I dont attack. The only thing I ever said bad about one of your designs is that I didnt like that string you had hanging down across the bottom.

I didnt say that the people that bought it were "The Lowest Common Denominator".

Please post some of my "unprovoked" rude statements before mouthing off.



You attack people, not so much designs. Maybe if you weren't so quick to the defensive you could keep your replies in order. I didn't post anything having to do with "unprovoked". "Mouthing off" eh? That's kind of abrasive. Oh wait, you're going to say you were provoked right? Provoked rude statements are no better. Your brand of insults are no better than anyone else's. You throw mud like the rest of them, although you can't seem to take it as well.

There's nothing wrong or abrasive about being labeled as "The Lowest Common Denominator". It just means that a lot of people like the same thing. In terms of profiteering, an artist wants to find that lowest common denominator. It's a good thing.

...and you'd have a lot of houses because... you're buoyant? Full of hot air? Lighter than a duck?

...a witch! She's a witch! *gasp*

sayah


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sayah
fablefire wrote:You attack people, not so much designs. Maybe if you weren't so quick to the defensive you could keep your replies in order. I didn't post anything having to do with "unprovoked". "Mouthing off" eh? That's kind of abrasive. Oh wait, you're going to say you were provoked right? Provoked rude statements are no better. Your brand of insults are no better than anyone else's. You throw mud like the rest of them, although you can't seem to take it as well.

There's nothing wrong or abrasive about being labeled as "The Lowest Common Denominator". It just means that a lot of people like the same thing. In terms of profiteering, an artist wants to find that lowest common denominator. It's a good thing.

...and you'd have a lot of houses because... you're buoyant? Full of hot air? Lighter than a duck?

...a witch! She's a witch! *gasp*



Wikipedia FYI

The term is used figuratively to refer to the "lowest"—least useful, least advanced, or similar—member of a class or set which is common to things that relate to members of that class.

A. LCD is an insult. Greatest Common Factor is more accurate....semantics.

B. I throw Mud better than most of them, but I only throw at the most worthy targets. Provoked is different than unprovoked. You of all people should know better.

C. "Mouthing Off" may be abrasive but it is accurate.

D. My Brand of insults is way better than most because I am typically right.

E. There is an old saying, "Dont let your mouth get you into a situation that your arse can't handle." If someone wants to come into thread and insult designs, (which they have a right to do), they can expect that their own actions may come into play as well and they may get criticized as well (which I have a right to do).

F. I'd have a lot of houses because no one has backed up their criticism of me...and no one can. I don't insult designs (as easy as it would be) and I only argue with people who say stupid things.

That being said, im off to Vegas. Good luck to all entries this week....even Flying Toasters.

fablefire


quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
sayah wrote:Wikipedia FYI

The term is used figuratively to refer to the "lowest"—least useful, least advanced, or similar—member of a class or set which is common to things that relate to members of that class.

A. LCD is an insult. Greatest Common Factor is more accurate....semantics.

B. I throw Mud better than most of them, but I only throw at the most worthy targets. Provoked is different than unprovoked. You of all people should know better.

C. "Mouthing Off" may be abrasive but it is accurate.

D. My Brand of insults is way better than most because I am typically right.

E. There is an old saying, "Dont let your mouth get you into a situation that your arse can't handle." If someone wants to come into thread and insult designs, (which they have a right to do), they can expect that their own actions may come into play as well and they may get criticized as well (which I have a right to do).

F. I'd have a lot of houses because no one has backed up their criticism of me...and no one can. I don't insult designs (as easy as it would be) and I only argue with people who say stupid things.

That being said, im off to Vegas. Good luck to all entries this week....even Flying Toasters.



Okay... XD

Sorry, didn't realize you were selling premium grade b.u.l.l.s.h.i.t. My bad.

Good luck in Vegas! Win big! =D

jarrodrandel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jarrodrandel
theuniverses wrote:great design, but out of fear for my popularity, i have to pass.



If you are worried about your popularity in any circle... you have no business wearing most shirts from this site... ha.


sayah


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sayah
fablefire wrote:Okay... XD

Sorry, didn't realize you were selling premium grade b.u.l.l.s.h.i.t. My bad.

Good luck in Vegas! Win big! =D



If ignorance is bliss there must be a lot of happy people on here.

;)

wootNmypants


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootNmypants
scifiak wrote:Why put a billboard on the side of the road?



safer to pee on

davewb


quality posts: 0 Private Messages davewb

He he, good job Vishneda, you always have froogle links, where the one for this shirt? jejeje

5x Woot purchases
5x Shirt.Woot purchases
6x Sellout.Woot purchases

daverocks


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daverocks

Ooooh, it means "it" like in tag, right? For whatever reason I first thought of Stephen King's "It" and was really confused.

As for the shirt, I hate comic sans, so that's my biggest reason for not getting it. It's a clever little joke though. Congrats on winning!

Lsenzamici


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lsenzamici

RIGHT ON!

saltydog75


quality posts: 0 Private Messages saltydog75

I'm disappointed this won. Jokes you have to explain to everyone aren't funny. And if it's not funny, it had better be graphically cool, which this isn't.

drolleri


quality posts: 0 Private Messages drolleri

These shirts are getting more q.u.e.e.r by the day.

If I see anyone wearing this shirt I will kick them in the genitals, cuz they're obviously not getting laid if they're wearing this thing so they won't need their genitals.

kdrinkal


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdrinkal

is it even possible to get this shirt elsewhere?

loganism


quality posts: 0 Private Messages loganism
paOol wrote:it should say
"hello my name is"
not hello im



No it shouldnt fool! No kid says "my name is it" when playing tag! Its simply "I'm it(run!!!)"

dplogan

vishneda


quality posts: 0 Private Messages vishneda
kdrinkal wrote:is it even possible to get this shirt elsewhere?


Not that I am aware of, but you can get it for $15 in a few hours from Woot using the link in my signature.

vishneda


quality posts: 0 Private Messages vishneda
drolleri wrote:These shirts are getting more q.u.e.e.r by the day.

If I see anyone wearing this shirt I will kick them in the genitals, cuz they're obviously not getting laid if they're wearing this thing so they won't need their genitals.


Wow, that was your first post! Mom showed you how to use the keyboard and everything? She must be so proud...

jslsnowboarder


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jslsnowboarder
sayah wrote:Those who can (vishneda)...Do



Those who can't (jslsnowboarder)....complain


http://www.shirtderbystats.com/pstats.asp?derby=Halloween&owner=jslsnowboarder



your right i can't...
design dumb shirts and find them funny

i can design cool shirts and silk screen though
shirt.woot is cool but making your own shirts is even better especially when shirts like this win

jslsnowboarder


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jslsnowboarder
snarkygal wrote:You don't have to design shirts to have an opinion...so your argument is null and void.

I am sick of hearing that argument when people criticize shirts in the forums. Personally I don't like this shirt and won't buy it, but that is just my opinion.



I actually used to submit designs. If i have time i still like to. Wattching my shirts lose is always fun.

jslsnowboarder


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jslsnowboarder
scifiak wrote:Actually, I'm going to guess that people complaining about this shirt either:

A) Never had any friends to play "Tag" when they were kids, so it's just bad flashbacks for them.

or

B) Are the typical people who call the helpdesk asking for somebody in I.T., and when they finally get someone on the phone, they end up asking where the "Any Key" is.



or C) This shirt is not funny in any way.

playground shirts might be funny if your in 2nd grade
even if it were funny it has a bad composition

jslsnowboarder


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jslsnowboarder
ledzeppelin588 wrote:freakin' dumb.

First time I saw it, I was thinking "A child called It."

Then i thought about the stephen king book.

Then i read a comment about how no one gets it.

Then someone said it's about the game.

And then I said. "freakin' dumb"


Edited to add: and comic sans? really?



THANK YOU

i would never buy a shirt with comic sans on it
even if they printed my comic sans monster shirt

Comic Sans says:
1.) don't take any of this writing seriously
2.) you don't have to read this
3.) the writer has a bad sense of humor


kdrinkal


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdrinkal

thanks i bought 2 on the 2nd chance

judsonmc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages judsonmc
drolleri wrote:These shirts are getting more q.u.e.e.r by the day.

If I see anyone wearing this shirt I will kick them in the genitals, cuz they're obviously not getting laid if they're wearing this thing so they won't need their genitals.



That's it? That is the best you can do for your very first post on Woot? I think you need more practice, but way to come out of the shute criticizing. It tells the world you're not afraid to let them know what you think, no matter how dumb you sound. BTW, don't care for the shirt.

BLKJAK


quality posts: 1 Private Messages BLKJAK
numchuck wrote:damn, the nerd vote once again takes over. idk about you, but i havent worn these types of T-shirts since I shopped at Hot Topic in grade school. woots gone downhill lately, especially with this shi(r)t.



And being a long time member you have a great history to reference? How does the game of TAG imply nerds voted for this?

SailorButterfly


quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly

Had to pay the extra $5, but I finally got my first woot shirt! :-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

BLKJAK


quality posts: 1 Private Messages BLKJAK

Uh, yeah...who would ever take a funny shirt seriously when comic sans is used! Anyone who is anyone knows that! This would have been so much more popular done in a nice Goudy Stout or perhaps a tasteful Palatino Linotype (but not bold or italics, definitely not bold & italics, because that would just look silly!). And don't even bring up bold, italics AND underlined all together - that is just a fashion accident waiting to happen.

jslsnowboarder wrote:THANK YOU

i would never buy a shirt with comic sans on it
even if they printed my comic sans monster shirt

Comic Sans says:
1.) don't take any of this writing seriously
2.) you don't have to read this
3.) the writer has a bad sense of humor



jslsnowboarder


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jslsnowboarder
BLKJAK wrote:Uh, yeah...who would ever take a funny shirt seriously when comic sans is used! Anyone who is anyone knows that! This would have been so much more popular done in a nice Goudy Stout or perhaps a tasteful Palatino Linotype (but not bold or italics, definitely not bold & italics, because that would just look silly!). And don't even bring up bold, italics AND underlined all together - that is just a fashion accident waiting to happen.



i was talking about comic sans in general
my hate for comic sans is greater than my disliking of this shirt

hawkslider13


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hawkslider13
theuniverses wrote:great design, but out of fear for my popularity, i have to pass.



if you fear for your popularity, probably shouldn't waste your time critiquing shirts online....just sayin

dwsdak


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwsdak

I just want to know, is the Communist Party shirt still available? Or do I have to make that one myself?

Haven't been wooting all that much lately. Holy guacamole.

mdscholar


quality posts: 185 Private Messages mdscholar
jslsnowboarder wrote:your right i can't...
design dumb shirts and find them funny



Actually, yes, you do design dumb shirts and find them funny.

And go to English class again. "You're" means 'you are'. "Your" simply shows your ignorance. Course, your shirts do that rather nicely.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

auggie24


quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
dwsdak wrote:I just want to know, is the Communist Party shirt still available? Or do I have to make that one myself?



All available second chance shirts are listed here.

vishneda


quality posts: 0 Private Messages vishneda
auggie24 wrote:All available second chance shirts are listed here.


That's a good list, but it doesn't include shirts offered this week. Usually the first post in every shirt blog has a link to Shirts on Sale which does a good job at listing all available shirts currently being printed by Woot. They also have a good visual back catalog of Woot shirts with thumbnails for each.

sr109


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sr109

I saw this on one of the blogs that I read, the guy said he saw the shirt and it wasn't available anymore so he made his own. I can only assume he saw it here.

The crappy part is that he's actually selling "his" design on cafepress - with label on the chest pocket like some wanted. I won't link to the store because i don't want to encourage his profiting from others designs, although i'm sure you could find it there.

mutatedbrain


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mutatedbrain

now i am being blamed for the sellout

11/13/2007 Belkin Power Supply (Sellout.woot)
10/22/2007 Brown Zune
7/24/2007 Sandisk 512MB Ultra II SD
6/16/2007 Hamilton Beach BlenderChef
4/30/2007 Sony NW-S705 (Pink)

kippyj


quality posts: 12 Private Messages kippyj

This is one of the worst Smartpost adventures I've seen...I hope I get my shirt sometime this MONTH! Notice it was in Ohio, then BACK to Texas, then on to Georgia, then Wisconsin, then BACK to Georgia, then Massachussetts, then BACK to Ohio! Smartpost really takes this tag thing seriously!

Manifest ID: 2485898
Status: Sortation Center Arrival
Est. in Home 01/18/2008
Date Time Description Location
January 15, 2008 12:34 PM Sortation Center Arrival BELLEVILLE, MI
January 15, 2008 9:13 AM Sortation Center Departure GROVE CITY, OH
January 13, 2008 9:40 AM Sortation Center Arrival GROVE CITY, OH
January 12, 2008 3:51 AM Sortation Center Departure NORTHBOROUGH, MA
January 12, 2008 2:05 AM Sortation Center Departure ATLANTA, GA
January 11, 2008 1:27 AM Sortation Center Arrival NEW BERLIN, WI
January 10, 2008 2:53 PM Sortation Center Arrival ATLANTA, GA
January 10, 2008 11:42 AM Sortation Center Departure DALLAS, TX
January 10, 2008 4:49 AM Sortation Center Departure GROVE CITY, OH
January 4, 2008 5:41 PM Sortation Center Arrival DALLAS, TX
January 4, 2008 4:30 PM Pickup CARROLLTON, TX

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris

kippyj


quality posts: 12 Private Messages kippyj

I'm bored at the moment, so I was just reading back through some of the posts. First, I'd like to say that I laughed my a** off the minute I saw this shirt. It's perfect for me and everyone I know will "get it" and laugh immediately when they see me wearing it. Second, if anyone out there WERE to "kick" me "in the genitals," they'd BETTER run. I'm a girl, so that's a pretty ineffective way to put a stop to me.

BTW...now my shirt's in Allendale, MI...even farther east from me than Belleville. Ho hum.

Congrats to this shirt designer...it's not your fault the haters don't understand your sense of humor.

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris

pyrodlx


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pyrodlx

[quote postid="1885240" user="kippyj"]This is one of the worst Smartpost adventures I've seen...I hope I get my shirt sometime this MONTH! Notice it was in Ohio, then BACK to Texas, then on to Georgia, then Wisconsin, then BACK to Georgia, then Massachussetts, then BACK to Ohio! Smartpost really takes this tag thing seriously!


Look like they're playing keep away..
Thow it over here!
No. No, Thow it to me!
Keep it away from kippyj!

I waste my time waiting for Woot to send my stuff.

pyrodlx


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pyrodlx

Or...they're wearing it and every site they go to runs away because they don't want to be it?

I waste my time waiting for Woot to send my stuff.

kippyj


quality posts: 12 Private Messages kippyj
pyrodlx wrote:Or...they're wearing it and every site they go to runs away because they don't want to be it?



Or...they're scared to death of me and afraid to let me be "it?" Redheads can be known for having slight tempers, I've heard.

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris