AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
daj59 wrote:Yeah, that'll be about as useful as my intermittent service. Grumble.

How frequently is your service disrupted?

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

terrybatey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey
AZGman wrote:How frequently is your service disrupted?

Not very often but thanks for asking. Hi AZ!!!

Wondering how Cruzer's dad is doing?

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
terrybatey wrote:Not very often but thanks for asking. Hi AZ!!!

hey terry, and everybody else

edit: looked like cruzer said earlier his dad was about the same today... guess that means he can swallow liquids, is out of ICU, and starting to look at Rehab
they tried to send me to rehab but i said no, no, no...

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

terrybatey

jqubed wrote:hey terry, and everybody else

Hi, how are you doing?
Edit: thanks I just looked back till I found a posting from Cruzer

AZGman

terrybatey wrote:Not very often but thanks for asking. Hi AZ!!!

Hi, t'ey.

Cruzer's dad is improving. He's been moved out of ICU. When he's ready, he'll be in a therapy environment. Seems to be mostly good news with infrequent slips.

terrybatey

AZGman wrote:Hi, t'ey.

Cruzer's dad is improving. He's been moved out of ICU. When he's ready, he'll be in a therapy environment. Seems to be mostly good news with infrequent slips.

That's wonderful news for him and his family. I like your new signature. One of my favorite dwarfs...well...and of course Dopey. I could use that sig myself. How's AZville?

jqubed

terrybatey wrote:Hi, how are you doing?
Edit: thanks I just looked back till I found a posting from Cruzer

was sick, now better, am tired (have you been around since i started a job at a TV station?) since I worked at 4:30, 3, and 4 AM over the last 3 days (in reverse order), but i've had somewhere in the vicinity of a liter of coke so now i'm a bit wired... how are things in terrybateyland?

Skye — 1997-2007

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:How frequently is your service disrupted?

Seems like once a month (maybe longer) it will drop out mulitple times in a day and then about 2 days later go out for a few hours. Then it starts all over again. Usually on the long outage, they call and say they found the problem and cancel the house call. He did say that it won't be 7-10 days for service anymore. They're trying to do next day. That'll be nice.

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

terrybatey

jqubed wrote:was sick, now better, am tired (have you been around since i started a job at a TV station?) since I worked at 4:30, 3, and 4 AM over the last 3 days (in reverse order), but i've had somewhere in the vicinity of a liter of coke so now i'm a bit wired... how are things in terrybateyland?

I check in on woot once in while. Tend to read a little of PWA, Misfits & mainly look at Dodgeball entries. I missed that you landed a job with a TV station. Congratulations but what a tough schedule to have. Glad you're feeling better. I can't remember the last time I drank a soda...probably almost 2 years. Missed it at first but now I'm use to not having it.
Everything is ok. Raining here today but took a nice walk in the park anyway. Just getting ready to make some stuffed peppers & salad for dinner tonight. Congrats again on the new job. Take care

Edit: Hi Daj, before I go cook just wanted to say that I'm trying to get through the "Vista for Dummies" book. They should have hired you to write it. It's for dummies and certain parts I still don't get until my husband explains it....in an even more dumbed down way. lol

jqubed

terrybatey wrote:I check in on woot once in while. Tend to read a little of PWA, Misfits & mainly look at Dodgeball entries. I missed that you landed a job with a TV station. Congratulations but what a tough schedule to have. Glad you're feeling better. I can't remember the last time I drank a soda...probably almost 2 years. Missed it at first but now I'm use to not having it.
Everything is ok. Raining here today but took a nice walk in the park anyway. Just getting ready to make some stuffed peppers & salad for dinner tonight. Congrats again on the new job. Take care

Edit: Hi Daj, before I go cook just wanted to say that I'm trying to get through the "Vista for Dummies" book. They should have hired you to write it. It's for dummies and certain parts I still don't get until my husband explains it....in an even more dumbed down way. lol

i generally only drink soda when i get fast food, but i got another bottle from the vending machine at school to augment my consumption today... most weekdays i seem to drink ~2 liters of water, still can't figure out why it goes down on the weekend... since starting the job, though, my hot chocolate consumption has soared from the coffee vending machines we have at the station (fortunately they don't have it set to charge money)!

Skye — 1997-2007

AZGman

jqubed wrote:i generally only drink soda when i get fast food, but i got another bottle from the vending machine at school to augment my consumption today... most weekdays i seem to drink ~2 liters of water, still can't figure out why it goes down on the weekend... since starting the job, though, my hot chocolate consumption has soared from the coffee vending machines we have at the station (fortunately they don't have it set to charge money)!

Free is good!

jqubed

AZGman wrote:Free is good!

yeah, they do a reasonable job of taking care of us... when we're in on extended coverage (especially of snow or the like) they bring in free food... probably a good thing the soda and snack vending machines are not free, though (they even have a frozen food vending machine, so we can get ice cream or frozen microwaveable food if we need a sorta meal!)

Skye — 1997-2007

AZGman

Late dinner tonight. Pot roast is about done but we gotta wait on the biscuits . . .

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Went out to eat. Now I have 110 pages to read tonight.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Uncorked

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Uncorked

Hi every body!
Lovely weather we're having tonight

Domestic Zymologist since 1980

AZGman

Uncorked wrote:Hi every body!

Howdy, U'ked! Hiya, poof.

Sorry, I can't visit . . . but I gotta call it a night.

See y'all tomorrow!

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3

Hey Unk'd! How are you and the Mrs?

Uncorked

zea3 wrote:Hey Unk'd! How are you and the Mrs?

We are doing quite well...busy as ever...trying to get healthier and more fit...and trying to get away from work as much as we can (trying to see what retirement might be like)

pooflady

Looks nasty. We might get some light snow, but we're on a "wind advisory". What does that mean? Stay out from under trees?

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Uncorked

pooflady wrote:Looks nasty. We might get some light snow, but we're on a "wind advisory". What does that mean? Stay out from under trees?

We've been having this pattern for 2 or 3 years now...get a bunch of snow..it melts, get more snow...it melts...get an ice storm...then snow on top...sooner or later...it melts (that last one we call spring)

ThunderThighs

Staff

Uhm....uhm.....uhm....ouch?

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Uncorked

daj59 wrote:Uhm....uhm.....uhm....ouch?

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
daj59 wrote:Uhm....uhm.....uhm....ouch?

Yeah, that's not good.

pooflady

Daj, can see your sig okay tonight on FF.

Uncorked

krapposelli wrote:Yeah, that's not good.

She didn't think so anyway......

ThunderThighs

Staff

Looking for a new game on those cold nights?

krapposelli

Uncorked wrote:She didn't think so anyway......

Her spitting it out made the story.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Time for House. NEW EPISODE!!!! Laterz.

Uncorked

daj59 wrote:Time for House. NEW EPISODE!!!! Laterz.

House? I live in a house. It's a pretty old episode of a house though....

Uncorked

AZGman wrote:Howdy, U'ked! Hiya, poof.

Sorry, I can't visit . . . but I gotta call it a night.

See y'all tomorrow!

Catch you later (I hope), I'm calling it a night too....(It's certainly not daytime...)

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Uncorked wrote:Catch you later (I hope), I'm calling it a night too....(It's certainly not daytime...)

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

krapposelli

dontwantaname wrote:#1

How did the in-law day go? Was it a 5-hour operation or 5-hour hospital stay?

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:#1

???

krapposelli

pooflady wrote:???

I'm gathering she either a) has to go potty or b) is counting the # of times Uncorked says good night.

pooflady

krapposelli wrote:I'm gathering she either a) has to go potty or b) is counting the # of times Uncorked says good night.

I'd forgotten about that. I'm betting on the latter.

pooflady

Feeling any better tonight?

krapposelli

pooflady wrote:I'd forgotten about that. I'm betting on the latter.

Seems like he might have reformed... he seems to be gone.

krapposelli

pooflady wrote:Feeling any better tonight?

Sorta. About an hour ago, I ate something for the first time today and it seems to be staying in. I guess that's progress.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

krapposelli wrote:I'm gathering she either a) has to go potty or b) is counting the # of times Uncorked says good night.

Uncorked. He is much better at it. No where near as fun as it use to be when he went to bed.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

krapposelli

dontwantaname wrote:Uncorked. He is much better at it. No where near as fun as it use to be when he went to bed.

Those silly people trying to have lives outside of woot. What are they thinking? Sheesh.