dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

krapposelli wrote:How did the in-law day go? Was it a 5-hour operation or 5-hour hospital stay?

I still don't know! I went after he went up for the operation. Up until that point only one person could stay with him.
Left when they finally sent him to what ever they call it after you are stable and are waiting to go home, because once again, only one person can stay with you.
So I was there for 4 hours, not that bad.
He had a skin transplant over a wound that wouldn't heal on his leg (diabeties)
He looked great and felt fine without pain killers when I saw him.
They did stay a few hours after I went home. He had to pee or they would keep him.

So, not that bad a day.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
krapposelli wrote:Sorta. About an hour ago, I ate something for the first time today and it seems to be staying in. I guess that's progress.

If you're getting dehydrated, my doc said bullion.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:I still don't know! I went after he went up for the operation. Up until that point only one person could stay with him.
Left when they finally sent him to what ever they call it after you are stable and are waiting to go home, because once again, only one person can stay with you.
They did stay a few hours after I went home. He had to pee or they would keep him.

So, not that bad a day.

So when's Mom day this week?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

krapposelli wrote:Those silly people trying to have lives outside of woot. What are they thinking? Sheesh.

Really. Isn't entertaining us a good enough life????

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:So when's Mom day this week?

I'll do it tomorrow. Have a dr appointment on Thursday, because I need my prescription filled. Had a whole years worth...but somehow a year later, it is gone!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
dontwantaname wrote:I still don't know! I went after he went up for the operation. Up until that point only one person could stay with him.

So, not that bad a day.

Glad it went well and it was a fairly short day for you. I was worried you'd get stuck there all day like I did to my family. After delivering my son (via c-section) the docs realized I had gallstones and needed to have my gallbladder removed. They waited a month for me to recover from the c/s (worst month ever!) and then did the next surgery. I asked the nurses how long I would be in recovery before I could go home. She confidently stated, "oh, we've been having people stay in the recovery room for an hour or two at the most". Well, she jinxed me. I literally closed the place down (I was one of the first surgeries that morning). The security guard had to unlock doors and they wheeled me out through dark hallways. I just could not wake up and stay awake. Had sinus surgery a few years later, and had the same problem. My parents always said I was a deep sleeper.

krapposelli

pooflady wrote:If you're getting dehydrated, my doc said bullion.

I'm cooking-impaired. Do I just put a bullion cube into some boiling water and make a broth? Or are you talking about something else?

pooflady

krapposelli wrote:I'm cooking-impaired. Do I just put a bullion cube into some boiling water and make a broth? Or are you talking about something else?

Yep. 8 ounces of boiling water, I think.

krapposelli

pooflady wrote:Yep. 8 ounces of boiling water, I think.

I think I can handle that one. I just might do that tomorrow if I'm not eating regular stuff. Thanks for the tip.

krapposelli

Well, I'm heading to bed. Have a great evening.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

krapposelli wrote:Well, I'm heading to bed. Have a great evening.

Feel better! Night!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Just checking in. Gotsa a sick baby. Preschooler didn't take a nap at school today. Baby kept me up all night last night and has been a bit clingy today. If anybody wants some snow, come and get it. I live in the middle of the west coast blizzard thing. Ohh and mom-in-law told us last night that they found cancer in her breasts so we are going to be learning a lot more about that. If I disappear disappear we will probably have lost power since that has been mentioned as a possibility already.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

krapposelli wrote:Glad it went well and it was a fairly short day for you. I was worried you'd get stuck there all day like I did to my family. After delivering my son (via c-section) the docs realized I had gallstones and needed to have my gallbladder removed. They waited a month for me to recover from the c/s (worst month ever!) and then did the next surgery. I asked the nurses how long I would be in recovery before I could go home. She confidently stated, "oh, we've been having people stay in the recovery room for an hour or two at the most". Well, she jinxed me. I literally closed the place down (I was one of the first surgeries that morning). The security guard had to unlock doors and they wheeled me out through dark hallways. I just could not wake up and stay awake. Had sinus surgery a few years later, and had the same problem. My parents always said I was a deep sleeper.

Ouch!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Back. I've also disinfected my keyboard and monitor against all you sick people.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

KtCallista

daj59 wrote:Back. I've also disinfected my keyboard and monitor against all you sick people.

Probably a smart thing to do.

ThunderThighs

Staff

KtCallista wrote:Probably a smart thing to do.

Great! Now I have to sanitize the monitor again.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:Just checking in. Gotsa a sick baby. Preschooler didn't take a nap at school today. Baby kept me up all night last night and has been a bit clingy today. If anybody wants some snow, come and get it. I live in the middle of the west coast blizzard thing. Ohh and mom-in-law told us last night that they found cancer in her breasts so we are going to be learning a lot more about that. If I disappear disappear we will probably have lost power since that has been mentioned as a possibility already.

Just talked to d-i-l and two granddaughters are home from school with sore throats and coughs. One has a fever. D-i-l says her throats feeling scratchy. Must be everywhere.

Sorry to hear about your m-i-l. Both breasts? Have they told her what's next?

ThunderThighs

Staff

Whoa. Get a listen of this little Japanese girl on the electronic organ.

pooflady

daj59 wrote:Whoa. Get a listen of this little Japanese girl on the electronic organ.

Was sent that a few days ago. She's amazing.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Time for Dark Shadow & bed. Just ordered Volume 2 of DS. Should have it by Friday.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

daj59 wrote:Time for Dark Shadow & bed. Just ordered Volume 2 of DS. Should have it by Friday.

Barnabus show up yet?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:
Sorry to hear about your m-i-l. Both breasts? Have they told her what's next?

I think just one, but they were running more tests today. She doesn't live close by (heck no family does) so we have to wait for an update.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:I think just one, but they were running more tests today. She doesn't live close by (heck no family does) so we have to wait for an update.

When my mom had breast cancer, she had the breast removed and it was over.
Mother in law had to go for chemo or radiation...don't remember which, but neither one of them really had much of a problem. It turned out to be more scary than anything else.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Somebody's asleep in St. Louis.

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:When my mom had breast cancer, she had the breast removed and it was over.
Mother in law had to go for chemo or radiation...don't remember which, but neither one of them really had much of a problem. It turned out to be more scary than anything else.

That's good. My grandma survived way back before my Dad was born, so I don't know much, and then my friends have lost their moms, so. . . I have limited personal experience to draw from. I got an update e-mail (she e-mailed Orc and he forwarded it) saying it is only the left side. They are still waiting for more tests to come back, but they are looking at chemo followed by surgery or mastectomy and they don't know which yet.

I have a good friend who went through lots of chemo for something else, and I am very familiar with that. Still thanks for the positive story.

Well I am going to try to get some sleep tonight, so goodnight all!

pooflady

It's always a lot more awful when they're far away.

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Night all. Tomorrow.

Me too. Night all.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
AZGman wrote:Mornin', folks

Morning Gman!

AZGman

zea3 wrote:Morning Gman!

Mornin', zea! How's yer swaller pipe?

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
AZGman wrote:Mornin', zea! How's yer swaller pipe?

Tender, but much better. I managed to eat some pasta last night! How are you?

AZGman

zea3 wrote:Tender, but much better. I managed to eat some pasta last night! How are you?

That's good news.

I'm passable fine . . . at this here point in time.

Check back in a couple hours, though! Mood weather in this place is variable and unpredictable!!

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226

howdy morning, people..

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

good morning. i guess high winds are coming today.

krapposelli

Good morning. Nice dreary morning to get the day started.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning! I think we have sent the rain to the north and the east so you guys can enjoy!

AZGman

joyner wrote:Good morning! I think we have sent the rain to the north and the east so you guys can enjoy!

It came; it went . . . now it's sunny but breezy.

krapposelli

Here's something I've been trying to figure out for a while and am hoping that someone here might be able to help.

About 8 years ago (or so) we went to New York City and stayed in a family friend's apartment - I forget exactly where it was, but I know it was like a block or two East of Central Park (and I know it's a long park, but something makes me thing it the street was in the 80s, but I'm not positive - it was a nice neighborhood, if that helps). So anyways, we wake up one morning and walk, just a few blocks to this restaurant that was extremely crowded for breakfast. It was listed in some sort of "best place to eat breakfast" listing as a place that the locals go. The wait was really long, but worth it. My husband ordered the french toast and literally got a loaf of bread.

Anyone have any idea of the name of this place? I'd like to go there again, but don't really want to wander all over the city looking for it.