AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
krapposelli wrote:Here's something I've been trying to figure out for a while and am hoping that someone here might be able to help.

About 8 years ago (or so) we went to New York City and stayed in a family friend's apartment - I forget exactly where it was, but I know it was like a block or two East of Central Park (and I know it's a long park, but something makes me thing it the street was in the 80s, but I'm not positive - it was a nice neighborhood, if that helps). So anyways, we wake up one morning and walk, just a few blocks to this restaurant that was extremely crowded for breakfast. It was listed in some sort of "best place to eat breakfast" listing as a place that the locals go. The wait was really long, but worth it. My husband ordered the french toast and literally got a loaf of bread.

Anyone have any idea of the name of this place? I'd like to go there again, but don't really want to wander all over the city looking for it.

How about here?

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning. Supposed to be windy again today but on 20-30mph. Not like yesterday which was up to almost 60mph. It was pretty bad yesterday.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
AZGman wrote:How about here?

Hmmmm. Maybe.... I can't see everything on that site from here at work - I'll have to check it out a bit more from home tonight. Apparently your google-powers are superior to mine.

edit: Just looked at the map, and that one appears to be on the "left" side of the park, I coulda sworn we were on the "right" side, but maybe I'm just upside down today. I'll check with my father as to where that apartment was.

darthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r

Good morning everyone!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Morning all.
Boy, did we have the wind last night! They said some gusts up to 80 mph. It was 56 at 8:00 last night and it's 12 now.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Morning all.
Boy, did we have the wind last night! They said some gusts up to 80 mph. It was 56 at 8:00 last night and it's 12 now.

You win on the wind. I'm just glad my fences are still standing. I dont' know what is keeping them upright.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

darthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r

Off to a meeting! See you folks in an hour or so, If you don't get blown away before then!

krapposelli

I'm not a fancy chocolate kinda girl, but I'd stay here: Chocolate Room

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
krapposelli wrote:I'm not a fancy chocolate kinda girl, but I'd stay here: Chocolate Room

Yummmm, sounds great. Chocolate is one of the major food groups. Think I'll go find some!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mom wanted to cancel mom day because of the wind. She would only want me to make it up some other day, so off into the wind I go!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

krapposelli

dontwantaname wrote:Mom wanted to cancel mom day because of the wind. She would only want me to make it up some other day, so off into the wind I go!

Go get one of those plastic hoodie things so she doesn't mess up her hair!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

krapposelli wrote:Go get one of those plastic hoodie things so she doesn't mess up her hair!

I haven't seen that in awhile. I wonder if she still has one...I'm sure she does.
What is with that generation? She only washes her hair at the hair dresser. Goes once a week.
Been doing that for a long as I can remember.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

krapposelli

dontwantaname wrote:I haven't seen that in awhile. I wonder if she still has one...I'm sure she does.
What is with that generation? She only washes her hair at the hair dresser. Goes once a week.
Been doing that for a long as I can remember.

My m-i-l does that too! Goes every Sat. morning to get her hair done. I don't know about you, but when I wake up, my hair is sticking up in 12 different directions. There's no way I could go a week without at least wetting it down and re-styling it. My kids were laughing at my unstyled hair just last night and said that I should not, under any circumstances leave the house.

krapposelli

AZGman wrote:How about here?

Just found out where the apartment was. I've marked it's approx. location with a blue star. I'm thinking the restaurant was on 2nd Ave somewhere towards the bottom of this picture - but it could be just about anywhere withing walking distance of that darn star.

D'Name... help! You seem to be the most familiar with NYC - do you have any ideas?

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

hey, dname, i sent you a PM. It's in one of the PM threads you have going, but its unrelated.

terrybatey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey
krapposelli wrote:Just found out where the apartment was. I've marked it's approx. location with a blue star. I'm thinking the restaurant was on 2nd Ave somewhere towards the bottom of this picture - but it could be just about anywhere withing walking distance of that darn star.

D'Name... help! You seem to be the most familiar with NYC - do you have any ideas?

Morning,
The page may help jog your memory if it's one of the places listed.
http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=best+breakfast+&ns=1&rpp=10&find_loc=Manhattan%2FUpper+East+Side%2C+New+York%2C+NY

krapposelli

terrybatey wrote:Morning,
The page may help jog your memory if it's one of the places listed.
http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=best+breakfast+&ns=1&rpp=10&find_loc=Manhattan%2FUpper+East+Side%2C+New+York%2C+NY

Ooooh. Thanks. I'll take a look through that site tonight and see if I can find it. It has also just occurred to me that the restaurant very well may have closed by now...

ThunderThighs

Staff

So a couple weeks ago I donated a scanner to my son's high school. I couldn't use it because it was incompatible with Vista but it worked great and was a good HP. Found out a week later that the campus tech hooked it up and they were already using it. Then one of the teachers decided to move a computer without looking to see if anything was attached. The scanner crashed to floor. Damaged beyond repair. Makes me sick. Teacher brought one in from home to replace it I hear.

pooflady

krapposelli wrote:My m-i-l does that too! Goes every Sat. morning to get her hair done. I don't know about you, but when I wake up, my hair is sticking up in 12 different directions. There's no way I could go a week without at least wetting it down and re-styling it. My kids were laughing at my unstyled hair just last night and said that I should not, under any circumstances leave the house.

My m-i-l also has her hair done every Sat. morning and nothing in between. It would drive me out of my mind.
And my mother has the plastic rain hats and uses them frequently.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:My m-i-l also has her hair done every Sat. morning and nothing in between. It would drive me out of my mind.
And my mother has the plastic rain hats and uses them frequently.

My hair is still oily like a teenager. I skip a day on the weekends if I'm going any place but it looks like hell by that 2nd morning. I'll never be a once a week candidate.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
daj59 wrote:My hair is still oily like a teenager. I skip a day on the weekends if I'm going any place but it looks like hell by that 2nd morning. I'll never be a once a week candidate.

Hi everybody! My Mom does the once a week thing but I never could. I look like a cockatoo. Did you see Monster-in-law? Jane Fonda's assistant tells her to go comb her hair that she looks like a d**n cockatoo. My hubby and daughter and office mates have been telling me that all the time now.

AZGman

daj59 wrote:My hair is still oily like a teenager. I skip a day on the weekends if I'm going any place but it looks like hell by that 2nd morning. I'll never be a once a week candidate.

Me too either

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
joyner wrote:Hi everybody! My Mom does the once a week thing but I never could. I look like a cockatoo. Did you see Monster-in-law? Jane Fonda's assistant tells her to go comb her hair that she looks like a d**n cockatoo. My hubby and daughter and office mates have been telling me that all the time now.

My grandma does the once a week thing, every Thursday. Of course now it is her only time away from my grandpa so it serves two purposes, since my Mom can babysit him during that time.

Okay I really want to chat, but since I have had almost no sleep this week and my doctor's office is on my "to kill" list again today, I would probably be much smarter if I just "shut up".

Beware the V'owls screech!

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:My grandma does the once a week thing, every Thursday. Of course now it is her only time away from my grandpa so it serves two purposes, since my Mom can babysit him during that time.

Okay I really want to chat, but since I have had almost no sleep this week and my doctor's office is on my "to kill" list again today, I would probably be much smarter if I just "shut up".

No, no, that's what we're here for. Tell us.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:No, no, that's what we're here for. Tell us.

If you insist. . . .but its just gonna sound like a bunch of whining, because that is what it is. Lets see, I've hardly slept in three days (causing me to have really bad headaches and nausea) . I now have two sick kids, but I kinda knew that was going to happen. I am behind at work again, but mostly because the person before me was incapable of adding, therefore I have to fix a lot of stuff by hand and taking care of sick kids doesn't leave a lot of time for that. My sick baby is supposed to have her 9 month well baby visit on Friday and Orc had already put in for time off. Then this morning the receptionist called to say the doctor would be in a meeting on friday and I had to reschedule, but didn't have any times available for me to do that. Now, that sounds really petty, but I made the appointment in November, after an appointment which the same thing had happened on, that appointment had been made in September when the same thing happened, and yup the September appointment was originally scheduled in June and had the same problem. Not always a meeting, a couple times the doctor left on vacation, but never more than two days notice! I am so sick of them always canceling with no notice I am letting Orc deal with it, of course he is stuck at work and rescheduling is partially dependent on him getting time off. Our immunization schedule is all screwed up because of it too. So I am tired, grumpy, and have no power to change anything.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:If you insist. . . .but its just gonna sound like a bunch of whining, because that is what it is. Lets see, I've hardly slept in three days (causing me to have really bad headaches and nausea) . I now have two sick kids, but I kinda knew that was going to happen. I am behind at work again, but mostly because the person before me was incapable of adding, therefore I have to fix a lot of stuff by hand and taking care of sick kids doesn't leave a lot of time for that. My sick baby is supposed to have her 9 month well baby visit on Friday and Orc had already put in for time off. Then this morning the receptionist called to say the doctor would be in a meeting on friday and I had to reschedule, but didn't have any times available for me to do that. Now, that sounds really petty, but I made the appointment in November, after an appointment which the same thing had happened on, that appointment had been made in September when the same thing happened, and yup the September appointment was originally scheduled in June and had the same problem. Not always a meeting, a couple times the doctor left on vacation, but never more than two days notice! I am so sick of them always canceling with no notice I am letting Orc deal with it, of course he is stuck at work and rescheduling is partially dependent on him getting time off. Our immunization schedule is all screwed up because of it too. So I am tired, grumpy, and have no power to change anything.

My advice would be to go outside and let out a good long scream. Won't fix things but might make you feel better. I assume that's the only doctor around? Obviously, because if there were other ones he wouldn't be able to act so arrogantly because he'd find himself with no patients. Don't blame you a bit for being grumpy.

krapposelli

KtCallista wrote:If you insist. . . .but its just gonna sound like a bunch of whining, because that is what it is. Lets see, I've hardly slept in three days (causing me to have really bad headaches and nausea) . I now have two sick kids, but I kinda knew that was going to happen. I am behind at work again, but mostly because the person before me was incapable of adding, therefore I have to fix a lot of stuff by hand and taking care of sick kids doesn't leave a lot of time for that. My sick baby is supposed to have her 9 month well baby visit on Friday and Orc had already put in for time off. Then this morning the receptionist called to say the doctor would be in a meeting on friday and I had to reschedule, but didn't have any times available for me to do that. Now, that sounds really petty, but I made the appointment in November, after an appointment which the same thing had happened on, that appointment had been made in September when the same thing happened, and yup the September appointment was originally scheduled in June and had the same problem. Not always a meeting, a couple times the doctor left on vacation, but never more than two days notice! I am so sick of them always canceling with no notice I am letting Orc deal with it, of course he is stuck at work and rescheduling is partially dependent on him getting time off. Our immunization schedule is all screwed up because of it too. So I am tired, grumpy, and have no power to change anything.

Sorry KtC, sounds like you're having a horrible week. I'm also sorry to hear about your m-i-l and will add her to my thoughts and prayers. Why do I have a feeling that if you kept cancelling at the last minute, you'd end up paying missed appointment fees? My husband's family used to see a dentist who did that a lot ("It's such a nice day, you don't want to spend it at the dentist, let's reschedule"). Needless to say, he doesn't go there anymore. There are only so many times you can adjust your schedule. Do you have other pediatricians in your area?

pooflady

AZ, just saw another T-shirt for your son.
"Goose a dragon & you're toast"

krapposelli

pooflady wrote:My advice would be to go outside and let out a good long scream. Won't fix things but might make you feel better. I assume that's the only doctor around? Obviously, because if there were other ones he wouldn't be able to act so arrogantly because he'd find himself with no patients. Don't blame you a bit for being grumpy.

Just had another thought... next time you actually get to see the doc, you might want to mention it to him. Our pediatrician was very apologetic during one visit in case we had not received a call-back from a message we had left. We hadn't had a problem, but apparently many other patients were complaining and he realized that the front desk lady wasn't bothering to either check or do anything about the voice-mails. The doc very well may be inconsiderate and a real doofus or he might have incompetent front desk/scheduling peoples.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:AZ, just saw another T-shirt for your son.

BOL . . . that's good!!

KtCallista

krapposelli wrote: Sorry KtC, sounds like you're having a horrible week. I'm also sorry to hear about your m-i-l and will add her to my thoughts and prayers. Why do I have a feeling that if you kept cancelling at the last minute, you'd end up paying missed appointment fees? My husband's family used to see a dentist who did that a lot ("It's such a nice day, you don't want to spend it at the dentist, let's reschedule"). Needless to say, he doesn't go there anymore. There are only so many times you can adjust your schedule. Do you have other pediatricians in your area?

Yeah, my friend's take their kids to pediatricians in the next town over, well next state over too, so I am not sure if the insurance covers them. This doctor has been great in the past, its just been this year that this has happened, the first couple times I got frustrated, but dealt with it, because stuff happens and what are you going to do? The only other doctor office in the town we live in we've had problems with their doctors before we had kids, and didn't get on with the doctors we did interview. The doctor we are seeing has two new partners, and I am wondering if they would be better. . . Orc has seen one of them and he liked her.

I'd go outside, but I'd probably get lost in the mounds of snow. Might not be helping my mood that I haven't gotten out of the house much either. Right now I can't get my car out of the drive.

KtCallista

krapposelli wrote:Just had another thought... next time you actually get to see the doc, you might want to mention it to him. Our pediatrician was very apologetic during one visit in case we had not received a call-back from a message we had left. We hadn't had a problem, but apparently many other patients were complaining and he realized that the front desk lady wasn't bothering to either check or do anything about the voice-mails. The doc very well may be inconsiderate and a real doofus or he might have incompetent front desk/scheduling peoples.

I was wondering about that.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:AZ, just saw another T-shirt for your son.

That's great!

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:Yeah, my friend's take their kids to pediatricians in the next town over, well next state over too, so I am not sure if the insurance covers them. This doctor has been great in the past, its just been this year that this has happened, the first couple times I got frustrated, but dealt with it, because stuff happens and what are you going to do? The only other doctor office in the town we live in we've had problems with their doctors before we had kids, and didn't get on with the doctors we did interview. The doctor we are seeing has two new partners, and I am wondering if they would be better. . . Orc has seen one of them and he liked her.

I'd go outside, but I'd probably get lost in the mounds of snow. Might not be helping my mood that I haven't gotten out of the house much either. Right now I can't get my car out of the drive.

Wow, how much snow do you have?

pooflady

O M G, I almost forgot. It's happy nappy Wednesday. BBL

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Wow, how much snow do you have?

I don't know somewhere around 18-20 inches, its not done yet.

krapposelli

KtCallista wrote:I don't know somewhere around 18-20 inches, its not done yet.

You're where? Washington state?

ThunderThighs

Staff

KtCallista wrote:I don't know somewhere around 18-20 inches, its not done yet.

Yikes. Only saw that much snow one time while living in the Seattle area other than visiting the mountains. Yuck and double yuck.

Sorry you are having problems with Ped'n. I wouldn't stick with one that I was overly frustrated with. It's going to be a long-term relationship. Might as well be one you like. He probably brought in new partners so he could take off more. Just a thought.

KtCallista

krapposelli wrote:You're where? Washington state?

No but I can throw rocks at Washington State with the help of a water balloon launcher.

KtCallista

daj59 wrote:Yikes. Only saw that much snow one time while living in the Seattle area other than visiting the mountains. Yuck and double yuck.

Sorry you are having problems with Ped'n. I wouldn't stick with one that I was overly frustrated with. It's going to be a long-term relationship. Might as well be one you like. He probably brought in new partners so he could take off more. Just a thought.

I'm on the opposite side of WA from Seatle, we get more snow here. Yeah, the doctor has been great, until this year. He had two male partners and in the last 6 months got two female ones and the guys are gone. We've been seeing this guy for 3 years, so I kinda don't want to give up yet. I guess we are going in today at 4 and Orc is going to find out what is going on and basically lay it on the line with the doctor about all the cancellations.