joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Hi everybody!

'selli have you figured out what to do for your daughter's hair? I use Big Sexy Hair and I get it a Wally World in the Stying Salon. It is almost $20 bucks for a container but it makes your hair stay. I would practice a couple of times before the big day. It dries my hair out but that is not a bad thing. There are lots of mousses (sp.) that have different degrees of hold. BSH is one of the stiffest I have tried. BTW nothing would make my hair sexy but at least it will hold curl!
EDIT: I was going to find a picture of the container (it is red) for a top post and my filter blocked the image!

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
joyner wrote:Hi everybody!

'selli have you figured out what to do for your daughter's hair? I use Big Sexy Hair and I get it a Wally World in the Stying Salon. It is almost $20 bucks for a container but it makes your hair stay. I would practice a couple of times before the big day. It dries my hair out but that is not a bad thing. There are lots of mousses (sp.) that have different degrees of hold. BSH is one of the stiffest I have tried. BTW nothing would make my hair sexy but at least it will hold curl!
EDIT: I was going to find a picture of the container (it is red) for a top post and my filter blocked the image!

Morning Joyner.

It feels kinda strange to buy something called "Big Sexy Hair" for a 7 year old. I'll keep attempting to perfect a style - and if I get something that will be presentable enough for her to leave the house, then I'll look into the BSH. I'm thinking I'm going to either need to enlist a) the help of a relative, b) find a hair salon that is open on Sunday mornings or c) just go with a boring ponytail.

Last night we attempted another hairdo. She has a "tiara veil" thingie to wear. My thought is to put a bunch of curlie pieces on top of her head behind the tiara-thingie. I've seen it in pictures - how hard can it be? Well, pretty darn hard for a style-moron like me. It looked HORRIBLE. She was very patient with me and we got a good laugh about it. The good news, was that when I took all of the bobby-pins out (like 40! ) the bottom of her hair was nice and full and held some curl. Of course, this was just before bedtime, so I don't know how long it would have lasted, but it looked good for a bit (once I undid the mess I made on top of her head).

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

morning all!

peglegwookie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages peglegwookie

Morning cruzer, morning everyone.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:morning all!

//smack

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cruzer

daj59 wrote://smack

just couldn't resist, could you?

Morning pegleg!

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226

Daj's new animated signature is making me remember all those coffees and waters I have drank today.

I liked the jumping purple mouse and the straining bunny rabbit better.

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
kenney9226 wrote:Daj's new animated signature is making me remember all those coffees and waters I have drank today.

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

ThunderThighs

Staff

kenney9226 wrote:Daj's new animated signature is making me remember all those coffees and waters I have drank today.

Hehe. I was wondering how many people would feel the "urge" to visit the restroom.

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kenney9226

jqubed wrote:

one of these days I'm going to see stuff like this coming before I hit the "post" button. Thanks, man!

ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:just couldn't resist, could you?

Morning pegleg!

Well, we are creatures of habit.

ThunderThighs

Staff

kenney9226 wrote:one of these days I'm going to see stuff like this coming before I hit the "post" button. Thanks, man!

cruzer

daj59 wrote:Well, we are creatures of habit.

some more than others...

krapposelli

jqubed wrote:

It's a shame we can't post sound clips on here. Can we?

kenney9226

daj59 wrote:

oh, now that's just piling on! I'm going to tell mom!

good thing I don't have the hershey squirts today!

joyner

krapposelli wrote:Morning Joyner.

It feels kinda strange to buy something called "Big Sexy Hair" for a 7 year old. I'll keep attempting to perfect a style - and if I get something that will be presentable enough for her to leave the house, then I'll look into the BSH. I'm thinking I'm going to either need to enlist a) the help of a relative, b) find a hair salon that is open on Sunday mornings or c) just go with a boring ponytail.

Last night we attempted another hairdo. She has a "tiara veil" thingie to wear. My thought is to put a bunch of curlie pieces on top of her head behind the tiara-thingie. I've seen it in pictures - how hard can it be? Well, pretty darn hard for a style-moron like me. It looked HORRIBLE. She was very patient with me and we got a good laugh about it. The good news, was that when I took all of the bobby-pins out (like 40! ) the bottom of her hair was nice and full and held some curl. Of course, this was just before bedtime, so I don't know how long it would have lasted, but it looked good for a bit (once I undid the mess I made on top of her head).

Have you tried putting the tiarra think on her and then using the curling iron or hot rollers to create the curls?

krapposelli

joyner wrote:Have you tried putting the tiarra think on her and then using the curling iron or hot rollers to create the curls?

Yep, that led to the fiasco last night. I pulled her "bangs" (they've grown out, but are still shorter than the rest of her hair) into a ponytail behind the tiara. I then split the rest of the hair into two sections, and pulled them "up and over" the sides of the tiara band and into two more ponytails (also kinda on top of her head). I then seperated each pony tail into sections and put those into the rollers. Took the rollers out and only the bottoms were curly - and you could see the pony tails. So I attempted to twirl the hair into a curl and pin it. They all just kinda laid on top of one another.

But, I think I might have solved my own problem! I just realized that the communion mass might be on a Saturday which means there will be plenty of hair places open and a PROFESSIONAL can figure this out instead of me! My daughter won't look like a freak!!!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
kenney9226 wrote:Sure Happy It's Thursday!!

I was too, until the daycare/preschool called and said they are having a snow day.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

And bacque . . .

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

joyner

krapposelli wrote:Yep, that led to the fiasco last night. I pulled her "bangs" (they've grown out, but are still shorter than the rest of her hair) into a ponytail behind the tiara. I then split the rest of the hair into two sections, and pulled them "up and over" the sides of the tiara band and into two more ponytails (also kinda on top of her head). I then seperated each pony tail into sections and put those into the rollers. Took the rollers out and only the bottoms were curly - and you could see the pony tails. So I attempted to twirl the hair into a curl and pin it. They all just kinda laid on top of one another.

But, I think I might have solved my own problem! I just realized that the communion mass might be on a Saturday which means there will be plenty of hair places open and a PROFESSIONAL can figure this out instead of me! My daughter won't look like a freak!!!

That's great! I didn't inherit the hair fixing gene. My daughter has lots of long thick hair. I can't even brush it without her fussing.

joyner

KtCallista wrote:I was too, until the daycare/preschool called and said they are having a snow day.

You pay people to take your kids away and they call you to come get them. It ain't fair.

AZGman

. . . and they're calling it the "West Virginia Syndrome."

krapposelli

AZGman wrote:. . . and they're calling it the "West Virginia Syndrome."

Okay, so who are my new very-distant cousins?

cruzer

Someone make this month stop. Now my sister has to have stitches because my dog bit her. Granddad has pneumonia in both sides of his lungs, but they still aren't sure that it was actually a stroke. I hope like hell that my dad is having a good day.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

cruzer wrote:Someone make this month stop. Now my sister has to have stitches because my dog bit her. Granddad has pneumonia in both sides of his lungs, but they still aren't sure that it was actually a stroke. I hope like hell that my dad is having a good day.

This is the last day of this month.

(((Cruzer)))
smack the dog! What is wrong with him, biting his mom. Next time leave them at the vet.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

krapposelli

cruzer wrote:Someone make this month stop. Now my sister has to have stitches because my dog bit her. Granddad has pneumonia in both sides of his lungs, but they still aren't sure that it was actually a stroke. I hope like hell that my dad is having a good day.

You've got, what, 12 hours to go until Feb.? Hang in there!

KtCallista

joyner wrote:You pay people to take your kids away and they call you to come get them. It ain't fair.

No but, Orc is being sent home from work. The center is closed because they are part of the University and they closed (first time since the 80s)My daughters' swing set is buried in snow.

krapposelli

KtCallista wrote:No but, Orc is being sent home from work. The center is closed because they are part of the University and they closed (first time since the 80s)My daughters' swing set is buried in snow.

How buried? You gotta take a picture of that.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:No but, Orc is being sent home from work. The center is closed because they are part of the University and they closed (first time since the 80s)My daughters' swing set is buried in snow.

Wow, we haven't had any snow yet this year. First time since the 1800's that happened.
Not that I want to shovel it. I wish someone would say that is good exercise. All they ever say is it can give you a heart attack.

Somehow snow in Feb or march isn't as bad, it is light out and you have hope that it will melt.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Good grief. Hang in there Dude. January is almost over.

KtCallista

Well at least you can avoid that car accident now. I am sorry about your sister, do you think your dog was feeling neglected from the time you guys have been away helping your dad?

KtCallista

krapposelli wrote:How buried? You gotta take a picture of that.

Your wish is . . ..

Picture was taken from my office window. . . so it's not the best.

krapposelli

KtCallista wrote:Your wish is . . ..

Picture was taken from my office window. . . so it's not the best.

Yep, that's a lot of snow.

KtCallista

krapposelli wrote:Yep, that's a lot of snow.

we're supposed to get 7" more before it stops IF it stops tonight. Long range says snow for ten more days.

Orc just got to the grocery store, then he is coming home!

joyner

Good grief! Sorry it is all so overwhelming. Hope things start getting better. It is really hard to be torn in so many different directions. My MIL says bad things happen in 3s so there are your 3! Now nothing else happen to Cruzerfamily!

joyner

KtCallista wrote:we're supposed to get 7" more before it stops IF it stops tonight. Long range says snow for ten more days.

Orc just got to the grocery store, then he is coming home!

10 days of more snow? Good grief.... Makes NC sound pretty good. Do people buy out the grocery store like they do here when there is snow? Orc may get mobbed.

KtCallista

joyner wrote:10 days of more snow? Good grief.... Makes NC sound pretty good. Do people buy out the grocery store like they do here when there is snow? Orc may get mobbed.

I don't know, I haven't lived here since they've had a real winter. I am not sure how people are going to react. Orc is just going to make sure we have plenty of everything, because if the power goes out we will have company. A lot of roads are closing, so I imagine some people will be stocking up. The one good thing about being in a college town is we have lots of grocery stores, for our population size. Also it is just noon now here so. . . if people are out they are probably at work.

As a kid in another town whenever we got snow it wasn't too horrible, but then that's how a kid remembers it.

AZGman

And home . . .

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
KtCallista wrote:I don't know, I haven't lived here since they've had a real winter. I am not sure how people are going to react. Orc is just going to make sure we have plenty of everything, because if the power goes out we will have company. A lot of roads are closing, so I imagine some people will be stocking up. The one good thing about being in a college town is we have lots of grocery stores, for our population size. Also it is just noon now here so. . . if people are out they are probably at work.

As a kid in another town whenever we got snow it wasn't too horrible, but then that's how a kid remembers it.

Why will you have company if the power goes out?

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Your wish is my command. I have decided that in 8 1/2 hours the month will end.
You can thank me anytime.
Why did your dog bite her?

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.