joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
cruzer wrote:heh, I needed a 48 on my final in Pre calc to get an A in the class. I was guaranteed a B in the class if I didn't show up to the final. I didn't have much issue getting an A in precalc. I'm willing to help with homework if it is needed

Bless you!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
cruzer wrote:people that download movies/music could potentially use more bandwidth in an hour than you do in a week...or more.

I see time warner losing lots of customers very quickly.

They're just testing it in Beaumont, TX.

So it's not that you're just on it, like Woot, it's what you're doing on it?

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli

Afternoon folks. We've got a dusting of snow on the ground already and it's still coming down. I don't think we're getting a lot, but I hope we get enough to completely cover the grass - it looks so purrrty.

So I got up "early" this morning and hopped right in the shower so I could be ready if the doctor could take me first thing this morning. I called and he didn't have any openings today. Not only could I have slept in, but I could have saved the energy I used in the shower. I've pretty much been asleep all morning - heck I've been asleep for the past 3 days!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:They're just testing it in Beaumont, TX.

Lady Poof,
I think it's not how long you're sitting on the potty, it's how many times you flush.

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

I just read an article about it. The 5% that use %50 of the bandwidth aren't going to be signing up in beaumont. This test is going to be a complete failure. Unless the prices are going to be super cheap.

krapposelli

joyner wrote:Bless you!

Reminds me of a joke I heard a while back.

Three Southern ladies went out to lunch and were comparing gifts that their husband had given to them. The first lady is showing off a big diamond ring, "My husband got me this 10carat ring for my 40th birthday". "Oh My", replies Betty-Sue. The second lady said, "see that Mercedes convertible? My husband got me that for an anniversary gift". "Oh My!", Betty Sue says again. The other two ask Betty Sue, "what did your husband get you?" "He sent me to charm school". The other two started laughing at poor Betty Sue and asked, "why in the world would he have sent you to Charm school?" "Well, I used to say f*** you, but now I say "Oh My!"

pooflady

no1 wrote:Lady Poof,
I think it's not how long you're sitting on the potty, it's how many times you flush.

Well, that was certainly graphic. But I feel better.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:heh, I needed a 48 on my final in Pre calc to get an A in the class. I was guaranteed a B in the class if I didn't show up to the final. I didn't have much issue getting an A in precalc. I'm willing to help with homework if it is needed

Thanks. His teacher says he's prepared. He goes into her class about 30 minutes early every day for help and to do more practice work. It's just on tests, he freaks. He always has. It finally just dawned on me to ask for more time. I'm crossing my fingers that it will continue to help.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

joyner

krapposelli wrote:Afternoon folks. We've got a dusting of snow on the ground already and it's still coming down. I don't think we're getting a lot, but I hope we get enough to completely cover the grass - it looks so purrrty.

So I got up "early" this morning and hopped right in the shower so I could be ready if the doctor could take me first thing this morning. I called and he didn't have any openings today. Not only could I have slept in, but I could have saved the energy I used in the shower. I've pretty much been asleep all morning - heck I've been asleep for the past 3 days!

Daughter did that last Christmas. When she didn't bounce back in a couple of days I decided she must have some terrible disease and took her to the doctor. She had the flu. I felt really stupid. If I had gotten her to the Doctor in time she could have taken the flu meds. This year she got a flu shot. I hope you get better soon!

cruzer

no1 wrote:Lady Poof,

Sadly, this analogy works.

Its like leaving the water running constantly when you download movies/music.

pooflady

cruzer wrote:I just read an article about it. The 5% that use %50 of the bandwidth aren't going to be signing up in beaumont. This test is going to be a complete failure. Unless the prices are going to be super cheap.

Don't bet on it. The idea's out there now. If all of providers do it, no one will have a choice. They start it out this way, like they're testing it. Like food on airplanes.

ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:I just read an article about it. The 5% that use %50 of the bandwidth aren't going to be signing up in beaumont. This test is going to be a complete failure. Unless the prices are going to be super cheap.

So does this mean that I would get hit more for watching videos on YouTube or online movies/shows? Or is it just if you download them? I'd really have to smack son around in that case. He's always watching & downloading videos.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

krapposelli

joyner wrote:Daughter did that last Christmas. When she didn't bounce back in a couple of days I decided she must have some terrible disease and took her to the doctor. She had the flu. I felt really stupid. If I had gotten her to the Doctor in time she could have taken the flu meds. This year she got a flu shot. I hope you get better soon!

Thanks. I got the flu shot this year, so I'm hoping that's not it. I've had a horrible sore throat - maybe Strep throat? I used to get that a lot as a kid. My throat is feeling somewhat better, but now I'm coughing and still have the stuffy nose.

no1

Mr. Cruzer,
Are the heavy users being given a choice? If they can just force the heavy users off of Time Warner and keep the current low-bandwidth users at something close to current fees, then they come out ahead.

ThunderThighs

Staff

It will also be new subcribers only in the test.

FORUM MODERATOR

no1

daj59 wrote:So does this mean that I would get hit more for watching videos on YouTube or online movies/shows? Or is it just if you download them? I'd really have to smack son around in that case. He's always watching & downloading videos.

Ms. Daj, I imagine it's anything that has to go through the interweb tubes into your house.

cruzer

pooflady wrote:Don't bet on it. The idea's out there now. If all of providers do it, no one will have a choice. They start it out this way, like they're testing it. Like food on airplanes.

Bastards. Anyway to make more money. Don't expect them to start giving more money to people that actually do work though...

cruzer

daj59 wrote:So does this mean that I would get hit more for watching videos on YouTube or online movies/shows? Or is it just if you download them? I'd really have to smack son around in that case. He's always watching & downloading videos.

this especially sucks for the people that have ATT Uverse. You get phone, tv, internet all through one cable. That's a lot of bandwidth going through.

That's if the idea spreads...

ThunderThighs

Staff

no1 wrote:Ms. Daj, I imagine it's anything that has to go through the interweb tubes into your house.

FORUM MODERATOR

cruzer

daj, you need to find a better hosting place so that I can see (or block) the pictures that you post.

no1

cruzer wrote:daj, you need to find a better hosting place so that I can see (or block) the pictures that you post.

Mr. Cruzer,
What hosting sites can you see and what is blocked?

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Yay!! They let us out early!! I'm home!!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:daj, you need to find a better hosting place so that I can see (or block) the pictures that you post.

Where would you like me to host them, my dear?

FORUM MODERATOR

cruzer

no1 wrote:Mr. Cruzer,
What hosting sites can you see and what is blocked?

I'll say this: I can only see two pictures. One is Joyner's sig, and the other is the crying smiley from woot. anything else that may be on the page is blocked.

ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:I'll say this: I can only see two pictures. One is Joyner's sig, and the other is the crying smiley from woot. anything else that may be on the page is blocked.

I just changed my pic above to TinyPic. Does that work? If not, you may be hosed. I need one that will take images from a URL.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Yay!! They let us out early!! I'm home!!!

//grumbles jealously

3 more hours but no work on Friday or Monday.

FORUM MODERATOR

no1

cruzer wrote:I'll say this: I can only see two pictures. One is Joyner's sig, and the other is the crying smiley from woot. anything else that may be on the page is blocked.

Mr. Cruzer,
Most of the sigs are on Imageshack. Ms. Krapposelli's is on Photobucket. Ms. Joyner's is from an animated gif site www.millan.net.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Joyners is a hot link from a smilie site, not a host site.

FORUM MODERATOR

AZGman

daj59 wrote://grumbles jealously

3 more hours but no work on Friday or Monday.

I'll get out early tomorrow, too . . . and have Monday off, as well.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:I'll get out early tomorrow, too . . . and have Monday off, as well.

//grumbles louder

FORUM MODERATOR

cruzer

daj59 wrote://grumbles louder

me too...ish....

oh and I get to work from home on Tuesday.

cruzer

daj59 wrote:I just changed my pic above to TinyPic. Does that work? If not, you may be hosed. I need one that will take images from a URL.

nope, tinypic doesn't work either. you need an obscure site for me to see it from work.

cruzer

Most of the sigs are on Imageshack. Ms. Krapposelli's is on Photobucket. Ms. Joyner's is from an animated gif site www.millan.net.

only the last can be seen...

no1

cruzer wrote:nope, tinypic doesn't work either. you need an obscure site for me to see it from work.

Mr. Cruzer,
I suggest naming it www.cruzer.com

cruzer

I suggest naming it www.cruzer.com

I would be surprised if that name wasn't taken already.

AZGman

cruzer wrote:I would be surprised if that name wasn't taken already.

This is the closest I found: http://www.braun.com/cruzer.html

AZGman

But just cuz it doesn't come up doesn't mean it hasn't been registered . . .

AZGman

http://www.cruzer.net/ gets a "Directory Listing Denied" message

no1

Registrant:
Braun GmbH (BRAUNGMB97)
Frankfruter Strasse 145

Kronberg, , 61476
DE

Domain name: cruzer.com

Technical contact:
Contact, Domain (WD890)
Verizon Deutschland GmbH
Sebrathweg 20

Dortmund, , 44149
DE
dom-tech@emea.verizonbusiness.com
+49.2319720 Fax: +49.2319722082

Administrative contact:
Hefter, Harald (HH1945)
Braun GmbH
Frankfruter Strasse 145

Kronberg, , 61476
DE
harald_hefter@gillette.com
+49.6173302330 Fax: +49.6173302440

Record created: 2004-05-28 12:23:29
Record last updated: 2004-05-31 00:39:24
Record expires: 2008-07-27 13:11:00

Domain servers in listed order:
AUTH02.NS.DE.UU.NET (AUTHNSDE866)
AUTH52.NS.DE.UU.NET (AUTHNSDE861)

joyner

You can see mine, cause I have the best siggy! Filters can tell which are the good one!