dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Toon's sister should be back on American Idol this Tuesday at 8.
I guess I'll have to learn how to text message.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Oh, the internet....if I ignore you, that is what it is! In, gone, back, gone again.

That's what mine's been doing for many months. Drives me nuts. They can't find anything because everytime they come out, it's working fine. Went out last night around midnight according to my son but was back on this a.m.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
dontwantaname wrote:OK, rant over, you can all come back.

Whew! Thanks. Was getting boring waiting for you to get done.

krapposelli

dontwantaname wrote:Toon's sister should be back on American Idol this Tuesday at 8.
I guess I'll have to learn how to text message.

Nah, you can vote via the 800 (or is it 888) numbers. Also, the first few rounds are all decided by the judges - it isn't until the top 32 that America votes. There are spoiles out on the internet as to who the top 32 are, if you care to peek and know if she makes it or not.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

well looks like the baby is done with being in the office. Talk to you all later.

edit: wooohooo FINALLY hit 5000!!!

Beware the V'owls screech!

spongebrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spongebrain
KtCallista wrote:well looks like the baby is done with being in the office. Talk to you all later.

Congrats, KtC!

Life goes on...and on...and on...

krapposelli

KtCallista wrote:well looks like the baby is done with being in the office. Talk to you all later.

Whoo hoo!!!

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
spongebrain wrote:Congrats, KtC!

Hi everybody! Hey SB, heard anything, it's February?

spongebrain

joyner wrote:Hi everybody! Hey SB, heard anything, it's February?

The one that we were in line for was placed with a different family "more in line with his cultural upbringing." (i.e. you are Caucasian, he isn't)

joyner

Congrats KtC!

joyner

spongebrain wrote:The one that we were in line for was placed with a different family "more in line with his cultural upbringing." (i.e. you are Caucasian, he isn't)

So sorry! Maybe next time. There is always a next time in that line of work. Lots of kids....

spongebrain

joyner wrote:So sorry! Maybe next time. There is always a next time in that line of work. Lots of kids....

That is the way it goes. Like you said, there are a lot of kids in the system. We are working with Washington/Oregon now. The apparently don't get as hung up on race as the Ohio agencies do.

How are things going with the tax business? Off to a very slow start here. Hopefully it will pick up within the next few weeks as people finally get all of their W2s, 1098s, etc... back.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

!!!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

CONGRATULATIONS KtC

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady

spongebrain wrote:The one that we were in line for was placed with a different family "more in line with his cultural upbringing." (i.e. you are Caucasian, he isn't)

Next time.

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

woot!

spongebrain

pooflady wrote:Next time.

Absolutely. How have you been Ms. Poof? I have been AFK for a while (two weeks or so), and I have a lot of catching up to do.

pooflady

spongebrain wrote:Absolutely. How have you been Ms. Poof? I have been AFK for a while (two weeks or so), and I have a lot of catching up to do.

Doing well. Back's gradually improving. Taking a long time. Work is light, which, since it isn't to put food on the table, is good. Will start going to the fish fries tonight. Ho-hum.
And you?

peglegwookie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages peglegwookie
krapposelli wrote:Nah, you can vote via the 800 (or is it 888) numbers. Also, the first few rounds are all decided by the judges - it isn't until the top 32 that America votes. There are spoiles out on the internet as to who the top 32 are, if you care to peek and know if she makes it or not.

then how the hell did sanjaya get so far. Simon and co. were blind deaf and dumb on that one.

krapposelli

peglegwookie wrote:then how the hell did sanjaya get so far. Simon and co. were blind deaf and dumb on that one.

I think they let one questionable talent through each season - just to give people someone to complain about and/or root for (the votefortheworst.com contestants...).

Well, I'm off to go pick up 150 boxes of Girl Scout cookies - and no they aren't all for me. See ya later...

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

krapposelli wrote:I think they let one questionable talent through each season - just to give people someone to complain about and/or root for (the votefortheworst.com contestants...).

Well, I'm off to go pick up 150 boxes of Girl Scout cookies - and no they aren't all for me. See ya later...

Hi sponge!

The cookies are in? The first week of lent? That is just wrong!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

peglegwookie wrote:then how the hell did sanjaya get so far. Simon and co. were blind deaf and dumb on that one.

Because he was cute!
Gotta have at least one cute guy to vote for.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

cruzer

dontwantaname wrote:Because he was cute!
Gotta have at least one cute guy to vote for.

vote for me then!

SkekTek

Didn't you remember? Couple of late night talk show hosts thought he was real bad, so campaigned to have everyone in America vote for him so he could stick around as long as humanly possible. Like:

spongebrain

pooflady wrote:Doing well. Back's gradually improving. Taking a long time. Work is light, which, since it isn't to put food on the table, is good. Will start going to the fish fries tonight. Ho-hum.
And you?

I'm not Catholic, but that is one of the better aspects of Lent...fish fries galore! I have been staying busy with work and remodeling of bed and bathrooms.

spongebrain

dontwantaname wrote:Hi sponge!

Hi D'name. I hope that life has been treating you favorably.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
spongebrain wrote:Congrats, KtC!

Thanks for the party all! That was my new years res on the resolution thread. Yeah!

SB sorry about the adoption. I hope you find a kid soon. If you come out to OR/WA let me know, if you are on my side of the states, we can do coffee or something (yes I would drive 2 or 3 hours to have coffee, I'm weird that way).

Beware the V'owls screech!

SkekTek

krapposelli wrote:I think they let one questionable talent through each season - just to give people someone to complain about and/or root for (the votefortheworst.com contestants...).

Mmmm... thin mints. From the freezer. I still don't know why they changed the names on many of them- Now they're Caramel DeLites or Peanut Butter Patties...

I have GOT to stop thinking about food!!!

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee

D'name, I've updated the link to this week's contest if you want it:

WoW thread

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Afternoon, all

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Afternoon, all

Hi.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Hi.

Hi, poof. What time's the fish fry? What all do they serve with it?

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Hi, poof. What time's the fish fry? What all do they serve with it?

Fish, baked or fried. Pizza. Cole saw or french fries or green beans or salad. A drink. Homemade dessert.

I'm kind of proud of them. It's a Boy Scout fish fry. When my oldest started, the fish fries had been going two or three years. (At that point only men were in Boy Scouts and thus ran the fish fries.) Every week they'd run out of something - fish or oil or fries or condiments or drinks. Or not enough people to work. Or the cafeteria people complaining that they didn't clean up good enough. One of those things, though, where if you're not willing to do it, don't complain? So I did it. For about six years. More than doubled our proceeds and had it streamlined. They're still doing a lot of the things I instituted. //yes, I'm patting myself on the back//

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Fish, baked or fried. Pizza. Cole saw or french fries or green beans or salad. A drink. Homemade dessert.

I'm kind of proud of them. It's a Boy Scout fish fry. When my oldest started, the fish fries had been going two or three years. (At that point only men were in Boy Scouts and thus ran the fish fries.) Every week they'd run out of something - fish or oil or fries or condiments or drinks. Or not enough people to work. Or the cafeteria people complaining that they didn't clean up good enough. One of those things, though, where if you're not willing to do it, don't complain? So I did it. For about six years. More than doubled our proceeds and had it streamlined. They're still doing a lot of the things I instituted. //yes, I'm patting myself on the back//

How long have they been at it now?

pooflady

AZGman wrote:How long have they been at it now?

Let's see, oldest will be 35 next month and I think he was 11 going into Boy Scouts, so about 24 years. And it's time to leave. 5:00 to 7:30.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Let's see, oldest will be 35 next month and I think he was 11 going into Boy Scouts, so about 24 years. And it's time to leave. 5:00 to 7:30.

Wow! Quite a tradition! Enjoy!!

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
daj59 wrote:Yep, ya gotta earn 'em now.

a true pusher... give 'em a hit to get 'em hooked, then they'll do anything to get some more smack... rob... kill... whatever... tsk, tsk

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
AZGman wrote:Wow! Quite a tradition! Enjoy!!

Wie gehts, GMan?

(I'm actually going to eat, might be back later)

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining
cruzer wrote:vote for me then!

why are we voting for you, cause your good looking, have a nice ass.

cruzer

Raining wrote:why are we voting for you, cause your good looking, have a nice ass.

no, yes.