pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
AZGman wrote:Comp time . . . we're not authorized overtime - not in the contract . . .

Nonetheless, you'll be working more than 40 hours. Do you get to actually take the comp time eventually?

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
pooflady wrote:Nonetheless, you'll be working more than 40 hours. Do you get to actually take the comp time eventually?

Yes, I'll get to take it . . . it may be March before I can . . . but I'll get it.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Yes, I'll get to take it . . . it may be March before I can . . . but I'll get it.

Normally people get time and a half for overtime. Do you get an hour and a half for comp time or is it just an hour for an hour?

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Normally people get time and a half for overtime. Do you get an hour and a half for comp time or is it just an hour for an hour?

Hour for hour . . .

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Hour for hour . . .

Bummer.

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3

For all y'all who are stuck with cold and snow and harsh winds, you have my sympathies. I have spent most of the weekend working on cleaning up my pool. It is a beautiful sunny day here with temps in the 70s. The water temp in the pool is 64 and the kids are starting to ask when they can start swimming again!

(.....runs......hides.....)

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
AZGman wrote:Comp time . . . we're not authorized overtime - not in the contract . . .

we're practically not allowed to say the "c-word" at work... but i'm not going to be salaried anytime soon, so i'd get overtime... if i were ever in a position to work it

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

zea3 wrote:For all y'all who are stuck with cold and snow and harsh winds, you have my sympathies. I have spent most of the weekend working on cleaning up my pool. It is a beautiful sunny day here with temps in the 70s. The water temp in the pool is 64 and the kids are starting to ask when they can start swimming again!

enjoy it while you can!

Skye — 1997-2007

pooflady

zea3 wrote:For all y'all who are stuck with cold and snow and harsh winds, you have my sympathies. I have spent most of the weekend working on cleaning up my pool. It is a beautiful sunny day here with temps in the 70s. The water temp in the pool is 64 and the kids are starting to ask when they can start swimming again!

Grrrrr!

pooflady

Everything for dinner tonight is new. A new chicken recipe, which might turn out to be a close cousin of turkey tetrazzini without the spaghetti; a Stouffer's side dish, cheddar & bacon potato bake; and sweet and sour red cabbage I happened to see in the store the other day.

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
pooflady wrote:Grrrrr!

This time of year we can go through an entire year's worth of seasons in 1 week!

pooflady

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Green Berets and the Rangers?

ircmaxell

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ircmaxell

Hola...

BagsOfCrap.com - For All Things Woot!
Woot-Off Trackers
Items So Far This Woot-Off

Note - My old signature image won't work anymore since Woot stores it, so it won't be updated... Sorry for the inconvenience...

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Can anyone tell me the difference between the Green Berets and the Rangers?

Green Berets were Special Forces . . . Rangers are Special Operations.

In other words, Green Berets were highly trained airborne/recon forces . . . Rangers are all that and more . . .

AZGman

And despite the Hollywood hype . . . Rangers make Seals look like amateurs . . .

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Green Berets were Special Forces . . . Rangers are Special Operations.

In other words, Green Berets were highly trained airborne/recon forces . . . Rangers are all that and more . . .

"were"? The Green Berets have been disbanded?

AZGman

Hey, poof . . . what's the difference between 'despite' and 'in spite of'?

AZGman

pooflady wrote:"were"? The Green Berets have been disbanded?

There are no "Green Berets" anymore . . .

AZGman

AZGman wrote:There are no "Green Berets" anymore . . .

Airborne troops like the 82d Airborne Division wear maroon berets; Rangers wear desert tan berets . . . the rest of the Army wear black berets.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Hey, poof . . . what's the difference between 'despite' and 'in spite of'?

They're the same.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Airborne troops like the 82d Airborne Division wear maroon berets; Rangers wear desert tan berets . . . the rest of the Army wear black berets.

Thank you.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Thank you.

Why the questions?

AZGman

pooflady wrote:They're the same.

Thought so . . . thanks.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Why the questions?

Just heard the old song The Green Berets a little while ago, and husband and I were curious.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Thought so . . . thanks.

But don't ever say "despite of."

AZGman

pooflady wrote:But don't ever say "despite of."

That, I knew!

jqubed

g'nite folks

Skye — 1997-2007

AZGman

jqubed wrote:g'nite folks

ciao 4 niao

AZGman

So . . . daj has been MIA for the better part of two days . . . we know she's had connectivity issues . . . but her absence raises the question (again) - how would we ever know what became of someone who is a "repeat customer" should that person never post again?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:So . . . daj has been MIA for the better part of two days . . . we know she's had connectivity issues . . . but her absence raises the question (again) - how would we ever know what became of someone who is a "repeat customer" should that person never post again?

I'm ok. Just been in a funk for a while.

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

AZGman

daj59 wrote:I'm ok. Just been in a funk for a while.

Need some soap?

pooflady

AZGman wrote:So . . . daj has been MIA for the better part of two days . . . we know she's had connectivity issues . . . but her absence raises the question (again) - how would we ever know what became of someone who is a "repeat customer" should that person never post again?

That thought occurred to me when Argh died. I asked my d-i-l to post here if anything happened to me that I couldn't post.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:That thought occurred to me when Argh died. I asked my d-i-l to post here if anything happened to me that I couldn't post.

I've done the same with AZGson . . .

pooflady

daj59 wrote:I'm ok. Just been in a funk for a while.

Are you out of funk now?
A new medicine, maybe?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Are you out of funk now?
A new medicine, maybe?

no
no

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

AZGman

Uh, sleep all day, out all night,
I know where you're going.
I don't that's a-acting right,
You don't think it's showing.

A-jumpin' up, fallin' down,
Don't misunderstand me.
You don't think that I know your plan,
What you try'n to hand me?

Out all night, sleep all day,
I know what you're doing.
If you're gonna a-act that way,
Think there's trouble brewin

"Funk 49" ~ The James Gang

AZGman

daj59 wrote:no
no

Doesn't sound like soap is the answer . . .

pooflady

daj59 wrote:no
no

Did something happen?

AZGman

I suggest we let daj discuss this in her own time . . .

pooflady

You're right.
If there's anything I can help with, let me know.