AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
pooflady wrote:Hi, everyone. Back from lunch (chicken prima vera), the post office and Penney's. I was debating on the grocery store because we're supposed to get snow tonight (the most this year, 3-5 inches) and it just seems like I ought to go to the store. But I really don't need anything. I'll probably regret it.

Did Penney's have the lamp from the catalog you liked?

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
AZGman wrote:Ahhh . . . makes sense; thanks!

I don't think they should show how many votes any of them have. Seems like a lot of people just vote for the top ones.

Some days are a total waste of makeup.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Did Penney's have the lamp from the catalog you liked?

No, darn it. Now I'm going to think about it for a few days.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
pooflady wrote:I don't think they should show how many votes any of them have. Seems like a lot of people just vote for the top ones.

Most people vote simply based on the hotness, true... EDIT: but number of votes, I'm not so sure we should keep that secret, since it gives designers with low point counts the opportunity to pull them, tweak, and resubmit.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Yeah, if I forced them to live outside unguarded AND one or more were injured AND they were stupid enough to get themselves cornered. But then again, it's evolution in action if so. Hawks around here tend to go for easier targets than fast-moving pigeons: field mice near the stream, and dumb squirrels that crawl into garbage cans looking for food. A year ago I saw a hawk dive down onto a can, nab a squirrel who tried to bust out of the can, and fly off with him. A bit sad, a bit terrifying, but that's nature...

Yeah, daughter and a friend were renting rooms in a house with a cat. The cat was a hunter. She kept bringing them dead and sometimes not so dead gifts.
Gave daughter a bird that was still alive. Daughter and friend talked about trying to rescue the bird, but decided 1. It most likely would die anyway and 2. that is life in the country for birds and cats.
The cat gave the other kid a headless baby bunny. Real good timing with that one. The owner of the house was really mad at the kid for being a slob. The kid said, what do you want me to do with this and showed the owner the bloody bunny outside his bedroom door!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

edlada wrote:@#$@@# govt. computer! I can add a post but it won't let me respond to one. Re:
AZGmans reponse to Pooflady abou tno Green Berets, there are going to be a lot of pissed off booger heads if they read that they are extinct.

PCS to Ft. Bragg, NC and successfully complete the Special Forces Qualification Course (Earn the Green Beret and Special Forces Tab)

That was taken directly from this website:
http://www.bragg.army.mil/specialforces/earn.htm

Special Forces or "Green Berets" are small, highly mobile, highly indpendent teams that are intensively trained in small unit tactics, explosives, medicine and languages that train local forces, operate far into the bad guys territory and generally cause covert problems.

Army Rangers are highly trained parachute infantry (foot) soldiers that are also trained to operate more independently than normal infantry as well as use unconventional tactics at times.

Both organizations are alive and well and the SOF (Special Operations Forces)Soldiers still wear the Green Beret, bestowed upon them by president John F. Kennedy, proudly.

Zilla jumped out of planes????
He could just drop in on us at any time???

Zilla is a Green Beret and Gman said they were extinct????
Damn, I wouldn't want Zilla after me!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:Yeah, daughter and a friend were renting rooms in a house with a cat. The cat was a hunter. She kept bringing them dead and sometimes not so dead gifts.
Gave daughter a bird that was still alive. Daughter and friend talked about trying to rescue the bird, but decided 1. It most likely would die anyway and 2. that is life in the country for birds and cats.
The cat gave the other kid a headless baby bunny. Real good timing with that one. The owner of the house was really mad at the kid for being a slob. The kid said, what do you want me to do with this and showed the owner the bloody bunny outside his bedroom door!

Ick. "Nature" can be disgusting when it shows up (or in your case, dragged into your house).

pooflady

A few years ago there was a red tail that would occasionally "lunch" in our back yard. Squirrels were on the menu. My only objection was that we had one black squirrel living in the area, and I really didn't want him eaten.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:A few years ago there was a red tail that would occasionally "lunch" in our back yard. Squirrels were on the menu. My only objection was that we had one black squirrel living in the area, and I really didn't want him eaten.

Was he?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:Zilla jumped out of planes????
He could just drop in on us at any time???

Zilla is a Green Beret and Gman said they were extinct????
Damn, I wouldn't want Zilla after me!

I thought zilla was a Ranger . . .

pooflady

AZGman wrote:I thought zilla was a Ranger . . .

He was.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Was he?

Don't know.

KtCallista

quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista

I have one sick kid, been sick all weekend. Not sure when the other one is going to get sick (if she does). If I go MIA that is why.

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:I have one sick kid, been sick all weekend. Not sure when the other one is going to get sick (if she does). If I go MIA that is why.

I wish you luck but I wouldn't count on it. Rarely does only one get sick. Three days is quite a while, is s/he doing any better?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:I have one sick kid, been sick all weekend. Not sure when the other one is going to get sick (if she does). If I go MIA that is why.

Are you wearing rubber gloves while you type this?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

If someone e-mails you a picture and it's huge (and I mean really, really huge), is there a way to resize it? Rephrase: Is there an easy way to resize it?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:If someone e-mails you a picture and it's huge (and I mean really, really huge), is there a way to resize it? Rephrase: Is there an easy way to resize it?

Where has daj been?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Where has daj been?

Daj surfaced yesterday long enough to say she'd been in a funk, still was, and didn't answer when I asked if I could help. As long as we know she's alive. Maybe not well, but alive.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Daj surfaced yesterday long enough to say she'd been in a funk, still was, and didn't answer when I asked if I could help. As long as we know she's alive. Maybe not well, but alive.

Ahhh, time for mail again!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
dontwantaname wrote:Where has daj been?

She wrote a few pages back that she was in a funk. Hopefully she's doing alright and is just MIA due to internet issues.

Poof - I don't know if this will solve your picture size problem, but if you upload it to photobucket, they have an option to resize. I would guess that you'd be able to re-save it to your computer in the smaller size. I also was able to just right-click on a picture and chose "Open With... Microsoft Picture Manager". In that program, it has an option on the file menu to export, and on that screen you can change the size. I'm sure others might have a better/easier solution.

pooflady

krapposelli wrote:She wrote a few pages back that she was in a funk. Hopefully she's doing alright and is just MIA due to internet issues.

Poof - I don't know if this will solve your picture size problem, but if you upload it to photobucket, they have an option to resize. I would guess that you'd be able to re-save it to your computer in the smaller size. I also was able to just right-click on a picture and chose "Open With... Microsoft Picture Manager". In that program, it has an option on the file menu to export, and on that screen you can change the size. I'm sure others might have a better/easier solution.

thanks. Was going to try that when I discovered that if I clicked on the attachment instead of just scrolling down, it was okay.

Kerster11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kerster11
pooflady wrote:If someone e-mails you a picture and it's huge (and I mean really, really huge), is there a way to resize it? Rephrase: Is there an easy way to resize it?

You can open it up in Paint if you're using Windows.
(Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint.
When you get it open, go to Image > Stretch/Skew

Thenk pick percentages of "shrinkage" that seem good. You'll have to experiment. If it's not enough or too much, undo and try again. Once done, you can then save it and it's smaller!

SkekTek

Kerster11 wrote:You can open it up in Paint if you're using Windows.

Thenk pick percentages of "shrinkage" that seem good. You'll have to experiment. If it's not enough or too much, undo and try again. Once done, you can then save it and it's smaller!

That was weird. I've been posting as SkekTek, then suddenly it flips users to my wife's account... so that post above was from me.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:That was weird. I've been posting as SkekTek, then suddenly it flips users to my wife's account... so that post above was from me.

Haunted computer.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:Haunted computer.

No doubt...I posted, and looked... "kerster?" What the? And up right, it no longer had my name...

Anyone know if there is a Microsoft Exorcist program?

pooflady

Kerster11 wrote:You can open it up in Paint if you're using Windows.

Thank you. A little schizophrenia?

pooflady

There's a great Dodgeball contest this week if any of the T-shirt people felt like dipping their toes in.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:I wish you luck but I wouldn't count on it. Rarely does only one get sick. Three days is quite a while, is s/he doing any better?

She seems to be doing better if we keep Tylenol in her. She hasn't thrown up since Saturday morning. She does want to eat, but she always wants to be as normal as possible when she is sick.

No dname, I am not wearing gloves, although I probably should be.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:There's a great Dodgeball contest this week if any of the T-shirt people felt like dipping their toes in.

Yes! It is lots of fun. JDD really came up with a good theme. I am enjoying watching. I really should add something, but I am not at my computer for a long enough go.

AZGman

Evenin', all

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Evenin', all

Hi!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:Hi!

Howdy . . . where is e'body?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Howdy . . . where is e'body?

Don't know.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:Don't know.

Me neither . . . so I'm callin' it a night . . .

G'night, d'name!

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:Don't know.

Some of us are around...

KtCallista

SkekTek wrote:Some of us are around...

some of us are just popping in and out at random.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Some of us are around...

You are going to be here until you see your fish for sale.
You need to make your entire college vote for you.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:You are going to be here until you see your fish for sale.
You need to make your entire college vote for you.

True on the first, not needed on the second

While I have been trying to get the occasional student to vote for our faithful woot entrants, I'm sure the college would consider entering a t-shirt contest as being "less than scholarly".

KtCallista

SkekTek wrote:True on the first, not needed on the second

While I have been trying to get the occasional student to vote for our faithful woot entrants, I'm sure the college would consider entering a t-shirt contest as being "less than scholarly".

Isn't being just a bit snooty? I don't know I guess the Universities here have a more laid back side. I bet you could get at least the faculty to vote for you.

SkekTek

KtCallista wrote:Isn't being just a bit snooty? I don't know I guess the Universities here have a more laid back side. I bet you could get at least the faculty to vote for you.

I'm not snooty, but many of the prof's here are... unfortunately. They're just not as hip as I'd like- most are about 20 years older than I.