krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
AZGman wrote:Howdy . . . where is e'body?

Howdy - I was at dance class and then trying not to lose my cool putting the kids to bed (was probably less than successful). I mean, really. Is it that hard to put your pajamas on and get in bed? I know they are tired because they fell asleep in the car on the way home, so it's not like I'm putting them to bed early or anything. The son was asleep before his head hit the pillow. Sheesh. Don't have to tell me twice to go to bed. What? Bed. Okay, I'm going. Good night.

Seriously, good night. I'll see ya tomorrow.

edit: all tucked in...

Uncorked

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Uncorked
SkekTek wrote:I'm not snooty, but many of the prof's here are... unfortunately. They're just not as hip as I'd like- most are about 20 years older than I.

What would a snooty fish look like anyway??????

Domestic Zymologist since 1980

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Uncorked wrote:What would a snooty fish look like anyway??????

Good question.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:I'm not snooty, but many of the prof's here are... unfortunately. They're just not as hip as I'd like- most are about 20 years older than I.

When we looked at NYU, we walked away with two impressions.
1. Wow, it would be great to live in the village.
2. The professors are full of themselves.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Uncorked

dontwantaname wrote:When we looked at NYU, we walked away with two impressions.
1. Wow, it would be great to live in the village.
2. The professors are full of themselves.

Cannibal professors???

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Uncorked wrote:Cannibal professors???

No, their heads were too big to eat other

How you doing? I have an easy question for you.
I'll pm, but it is an easy one.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Uncorked

dontwantaname wrote:No, their heads were too big to eat other

How you doing? I have an easy question for you.
I'll pm, but it is an easy one.

ok, i'll go look

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Uncorked wrote:ok, i'll go look

It just got there!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Now I'm all paranoid about my fish design. Some enterprising soul found a fish picture on the web that bears a striking resemblance to my fish in the derby, and I'm afraid that the rash of tracing tattles that are going around might bite me in the arse... I'm now so nervous...

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Now I'm all paranoid about my fish design. Some enterprising soul found a fish picture on the web that bears a striking resemblance to my fish in the derby, and I'm afraid that the rash of tracing tattles that are going around might bite me in the arse... I'm now so nervous...

Crap. Can you make it on cafe press?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Uncorked

dontwantaname wrote:It just got there!

back at you...
(the server kept crashing on my reply)

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:Crap. Can you make it on cafe press?

Well, I'll just wait and see. My fish is completely different on several points from the web fish, but it's scary how similar they look on several other points. Plus, the concept is totally different in scope and size. I'll see what happens... I want to win so badly.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
SkekTek wrote:Well, I'll just wait and see. My fish is completely different on several points from the web fish, but it's scary how similar they look on several other points. Plus, the concept is totally different in scope and size. I'll see what happens... I want to win so badly.

See, I can't deal with this kind of stress. . . . I hope nothing comes from it. You drew your fish on your own right?

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Well, I'll just wait and see. My fish is completely different on several points from the web fish, but it's scary how similar they look on several other points. Plus, the concept is totally different in scope and size. I'll see what happens... I want to win so badly.

The picture of the fish? Well a goldfish is pretty much a goldfish. Why would that get you in trouble?

The whole shirt world is too intense. Worse than the photoshop guys were.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

SkekTek

KtCallista wrote:See, I can't deal with this kind of stress. . . . I hope nothing comes from it. You drew your fish on your own right?

Yeah. I admit I looked at fish fins on the web, but they all have the same look- caudal fins with a larger bottom component, Dorsal fins that are lobe-like, and both dorsal and tail fins would go in the same direction in any fish. There's only so many ways you can make a fish...
EDIT: tomorrow, I'm going into work, and filming my fish. Bet I can screencap a fish that looks identical to my design... just in case.

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:The picture of the fish? Well a goldfish is pretty much a goldfish. Why would that get you in trouble?

The whole shirt world is too intense. Worse than the photoshop guys were.

B/c someone might want another shirt in the top 4, and want me out to do that. A suspicious fish picture might accomplish that.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:B/c someone might want another shirt in the top 4, and want me out to do that. A suspicious fish picture might accomplish that.

Well, no matter what happens, we all love the fish shirt!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Gumiho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
SkekTek wrote:Yeah. I admit I looked at fish fins on the web, but they all have the same look- caudal fins with a larger bottom component, Dorsal fins that are lobe-like, and both dorsal and tail fins would go in the same direction in any fish. There's only so many ways you can make a fish...
EDIT: tomorrow, I'm going into work, and filming my fish. Bet I can screencap a fish that looks identical to my design... just in case.

I'm sure you can. It's not as though fish were complex creations with 3+billion points of articulation (body wise.) If the image isn't an obvious trace, fact is, you can't really copyright or claim a pose. A person standing facing forward, a cat curled up in sleep, a horse running, they all have the same general shape time and time again viewing them. I wouldn't worry. You only need to worry when you've done etwas wrong.

SkekTek

Gumiho wrote:I'm sure you can. It's not as though fish were complex creations with 3+billion points of articulation (body wise.) If the image isn't an obvious trace, fact is, you can't really copyright or claim a pose. A person standing facing forward, a cat curled up in sleep, a horse running, they all have the same general shape time and time again viewing them. I wouldn't worry. You only need to worry when you've done etwas wrong.

I've got the rough sketch too, forgot about that. I didn't do anything wrong, but it's the appearance I'm trying to avoid: Joel has the final say, and you can't un-reject an entry.

Edit: here's the sketch:

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:I've got the rough sketch too, forgot about that. I didn't do anything wrong, but it's the appearance I'm trying to avoid: Joel has the final say, and you can't un-reject an entry.

Joe's got unrejected last week!

Hi Gumiho, I voted for your shirt. My daughter has been playing the viola since 3rd grade. She stopped in college (sang instead) but she just took it back with her after christmas and is taking lessons again.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:Joe's got unrejected last week!

Hi Gumiho, I voted for your shirt. My daughter has been playing the viola since 3rd grade. She stopped in college (sang instead) but she just took it back with her after christmas and is taking lessons again.

It IS a good design. Well executed.

So, what do they do with Joe's case of unrejection once a derby is over?

allawayr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allawayr
SkekTek wrote:B/c someone might want another shirt in the top 4, and want me out to do that. A suspicious fish picture might accomplish that.

There was that one entry (the scooter design) that Cho did - people called him out on using that as a model for his design (some of the positions of limbs etc were in exactly the same place - he admitted to using it as a model). While it wasn't a direct trace, some people still called shenanigans - however, I don't believe it was rejected. While your case isn't exactly the same, it's similar in that (even though you didn't use it as a source), the positioning between your design and the image are similar. I don't believe that it will be rejected though, based on the fact that they didn't for Cho's design.

Gumiho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
SkekTek wrote:I've got the rough sketch too, forgot about that. I didn't do anything wrong, but it's the appearance I'm trying to avoid: Joel has the final say, and you can't un-reject an entry.

Edit: here's the sketch:

That's pretty much what a fish looks like from the front. Seems like allawayr's making a solid case for the clear too. It's quite hard (unless you do something Picasso or Dali grade wacky) to draw something in a pose that doesn't resemble an existing image.

dontwantaname wrote:
Joe's got unrejected last week!

Why thank you. My one friend from college plays violin. The last time I was at her home she graced me with Pachebel's Canon in D (which I love.) She's actually the model for those girls. I really admire people who can play instruments (I certainly cannot!)

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
SkekTek wrote:It IS a good design. Well executed.

So, what do they do with Joe's case of unrejection once a derby is over?

We finally ended up with it staying rejected. Joel and I agreed that it would be a bad precedent; actually I probably mentioned it one too many times to him, and he went that way. Once he unrejects a shirt, then he'll be pestered all the time to unreject shirts that were allegedly unfairly rejected. So instead he ended up printing an apology in the shirt forum somewhere, and I resubmitted it, with a big "Pardoned" across it. It was too late, though. and the design wasn't cool enough.

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:Well, no matter what happens, we all love the fish shirt!

Thank you. I'll stop worrying now. I know in my heart I didn't trace, and that's all that matters.

allawayr

SkekTek wrote:I know in my heart I didn't trace, and that's all that matters.

Exactamente.

(sidenote: on smiley xtra 4, this is labeled as nodding: ...that is most definitely not nodding =P)

SkekTek

allawayr wrote:
(sidenote: on smiley xtra 4, this is labeled as nodding: ...that is most definitely not nodding =P)

Yikes. Yeah, that ain't nodding... anyone else experiencing big slowdowns on woot sites at the moment? Pages are taking forever to load here.

allawayr

SkekTek wrote:Yikes. Yeah, that ain't nodding... anyone else experiencing big slowdowns on woot sites at the moment? Pages are taking forever to load here.

I did a half an hour ago or so, then around 12 it stopped. It was very frustrating though =P
Oh well!

Time for me to get off the PC and into bed -- Have a goodnight all (although it seems like Tek is the only other person on ATM - So goodnight Tek!)

LP! oh...wrong thread. ;)

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Having a terrible time with Woot. Just snuck in via Woot Sellout. Why isn't that nodding?

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Yikes. Yeah, that ain't nodding... anyone else experiencing big slowdowns on woot sites at the moment? Pages are taking forever to load here.

Glad you said that. We have had trouble with the internet, even bought a new router(?) this weekend.
I was hoping it was woot and not us tonight!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Think it had anything to do with the Woot newsletter? (Which really had very little news.)

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Having a terrible time with Woot. Just snuck in via Woot Sellout. Why isn't that nodding?

Wanna feel really old?
I was reading something on shirt and they were in their late 20's and one guy said to the other, something like they were probably two of the oldest people on woot!
Now, they meant shirt, but still! Late 20's!!!!!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Think it had anything to do with the Woot newsletter? (Which really had very little news.)

Well, how much did you get to eat?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Well, how much did you get to eat?

Really, she did quite well tonight. Small chicken salad sandwiches, celery sticks, the aforementioned cucumber sandwiches, chips, and a cheeseball. Dessert. Very good.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Well, I waited for you to come home, but it took forever for me to make one round of new woots and get back here.
See you tomorrow!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Wanna feel really old?
I was reading something on shirt and they were in their late 20's and one guy said to the other, something like they were probably two of the oldest people on woot!
Now, they meant shirt, but still! Late 20's!!!!!

It's possible they're right on woot.shirt. I have no idea how old most of those people are. Seems like Skek and v8r are pretty young (late 20s?).

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

SkekTek

pooflady wrote:It's possible they're right on woot.shirt. I have no idea how old most of those people are. Seems like Skek and v8r are pretty young (late 20s?).

Try really late 30's. But thanks anyway, that's flattering!

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
SkekTek wrote: Try really late 30's. But thanks anyway, that's flattering!

*giggles*. And kenney9226 clearly acts like a high schooler, so no chance HE'S got a respectable job!

har de har har!

The thing is, we all stay the same age, it's our kids and parents that get older!