shadysoul666

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shadysoul666

does anyone know if theres a way to get shirts with previous designs on them??? i wanted to get the "Angry Day" one, but they were already sold out. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know! Thanks all.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
shadysoul666 wrote:does anyone know if theres a way to get shirts with previous designs on them??? i wanted to get the "Angry Day" one, but they were already sold out. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know! Thanks all.

I think you can still buy angry day here.

Woot always has a few shirts available in their catalog. You can view the current list here.

You can also purchase the last three derby shirts.
Sliced Bread
Taking flight
Full of Ink

I think those are all the shirts currently available this week.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

Everything woot has for sale at the moment is linked here.

Shirts on Sale keeps the back-catalog links nice and organized. They're all still for sale through woot. Woot just makes it a bit harder to access 'em.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
AdderXYU wrote:Everything woot has for sale at the moment is linked here.

Shirts on Sale keeps the back-catalog links nice and organized. They're all still for sale through woot. Woot just makes it a bit harder to access 'em.

Thanks Adder! That's a heck of a lot easier than all the links that I made.

wizard7926

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wizard7926
klswoot wrote:Thanks Adder! That's a heck of a lot easier than all the links that I made.

Also, don't forget the Visual Shirt Catalog at SoS.

[MOD: No advertising please]

Takethisandrun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Takethisandrun

i saw what i perceived to be an amazing shirt this morning but it must have been for another day or something...it had dark coloration and a cat and evil creatures and things...was that yesturday's woot? I really want it...does anyone know what it is called or if there are any left?

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating
Takethisandrun wrote:i saw what i perceived to be an amazing shirt this morning but it must have been for another day or something...it had dark coloration and a cat and evil creatures and things...was that yesturday's woot? I really want it...does anyone know what it is called or if there are any left?

You can buy yesterday's for 15 bucks here.
http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=5653

zimmel01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zimmel01
shadysoul666 wrote:does anyone know if theres a way to get shirts with previous designs on them??? i wanted to get the "Angry Day" one, but they were already sold out. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know! Thanks all.

sometimes they bring sold out shirts back. try looking at the all available shirts after you buy one.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

This is one of the strangest thread bumps I've ever seen.

QFT

quality posts: 3 Private Messages QFT
jmmbell1987 wrote:This is one of the strangest thread bumps I've ever seen.

Really?

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
jmmbell1987 wrote:This is one of the strangest thread bumps I've ever seen.

I was confused as hell until you said this. I thought either woot was screwing around with the links or people had lost their minds.

Delfinus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Delfinus

Is there any way to buy REALLY old shirts? I wanted the old 5 Second Rule shirt, but I was super broke when it was around, and now I want it. Any way to still obtain?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Delfinus wrote:Is there any way to buy REALLY old shirts? I wanted the old 5 Second Rule shirt, but I was super broke when it was around, and now I want it. Any way to still obtain?

Officially no, but you could try http://teetrade.org/ or the swap thread in the forums and see if someone could hook you up.

I'm just hanging out, really.

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ

I got super excited that Sliced Bread was on sale....til I saw the date. Still one of my biggest Woot regrets.

xjessiex8x6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xjessiex8x6

I was looking to buy a size M but realized this shirt is no longer out, I am very new to this site, does anyone know where I can get one? It was going to be for a Valentine's day present. Thanks.

Sorry, I am looking for the marsupial in my pocket shirt.

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

Indicating what shirt you are looking for might help. But, Teetrade.org is a good starting point.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

cindyism

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cindyism

What about "I want to fly"?!?! I'm so sad I missed it :/

arkulkarni245

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arkulkarni245

Hello,
I am new to the community and not sure how things work here.
I was looking for the 'Hold Still Guys' shirt. Any clue where I might find one?
Thanks

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos
arkulkarni245 wrote:Hello,
I am new to the community and not sure how things work here.
I was looking for the 'Hold Still Guys' shirt. Any clue where I might find one?
Thanks

That's been Reckoned, which means you can't officially buy it from Woot. But you could try teetrade.org

Shirts are sold at $12 on the first day and are featured on the front page, while older shirts are sold at $15 on the Reckoning page until they are Reckoned.

babylady

quality posts: 0 Private Messages babylady

Is it possible to contact the artist directly and ask to print it at a 3rd party site? Or do the artists not maintain their own copyright once they submit to Woot?

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

babylady wrote:Is it possible to contact the artist directly and ask to print it at a 3rd party site? Or do the artists not maintain their own copyright once they submit to Woot?

No, artists do not maintain their own copyright once printed at Woot (there are very, very, very few exceptions--maybe three?). Woot is owner of the copyright, so printing a design elsewhere would give a person seriously uncool karma points.

If you are looking for a particular design, try teetrade.org as indicated above, make a request in the Random Shirt Trade Center thread in the woot forums, or just be patient and avidly watch the weekly sale specials--you never know what design may be resurrected! (If you sign up for the woot newsletter in the "my account" section found under your username at the top of the screen, you will receive weekly email notifications of each new sale special.)

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
goldenthorn wrote:No, artists do not maintain their own copyright once printed at Woot (there are very, very, very few exceptions--maybe three?). Woot is owner of the copyright, so printing a design elsewhere would give a person seriously uncool karma points.

copied from the derby entry terms & conditions:

"6. Copyright Ownership. Artist retains copyright ownership of the Artwork submitted to Woot. Woot may, at Woot’s discretion and expense, register the Artwork with the U.S. Copyright Office in the Artist’s name. Woot may record the license granted to it in this Agreement, and Artist agrees to assist Woot as necessary with such recordation, including by executing any documents related to the recordation that Woot may reasonably request.

"7. Grant Of Rights. Artist grants Woot the exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, world-wide, right and license to use, reproduce, print, publish, publicly display, transmit, market, sell, distribute, and sublicense the Artwork in all forms and media now known or hereafter developed. Woot may make or authorize non-substantive changes to the Artwork to prepare it for production use."

based on this language, i infer that exclusive printing rites apparently is not the same as owning copyright. but effectively the result is the same thing - can't be printed elsewhere.

babylady

quality posts: 0 Private Messages babylady

ahh.. thank you both!
I've searched the swap places and it's not available and I'm horribly impatient.... such is life