Failoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Failoan
wandmlaw wrote:Agreed. From the smaller graphic, it looked like Alice was actually Jesus in a dress.

Glad to see this on top of the hotness list. xD

Failoan

Re: The Cold Part

Looks very nice, you have my vote. ^^

sayah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sayah
tgentry wrote:Using the Pee Chee folder cover is genius, but the execution looks a bit rough. That's the only thing that would keep me voting for this one. Maybe if the graffiti was a little more subtle. It's very MSPaint looking, when it should look like pencil marks or ball point pen. If this shirt could be pulled off nicely, I'm sure it would do very well.

Genius...wow thanks -
I guess you must have been a fellow PeeChee vandal as well. I must have marred 20 or more up in school. Had to think hard back to what I used to write on them.

Qute honestly I dont know how to make something look Ball Point pen or pencil marked - I tried but failed... I just went the sharpee route cuz thats all i was capable of. Thanks for the feedback though- Im gonna practice pencil marks and see if i can be better prepared next time.

sayah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sayah
Re: Pee Chee Keen

I would gladly remove mine just to see one properly executed. any takers?

Failoan

Re: Light Graffiti (Ultimate Remix!)

Aww, wow that sucks.

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
Re: Graff E.T.

I'm not surprised it got rejected.... But maybe next time the rejector should not tell the guy to Finish the image and Resubmit.

Samiam303

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Samiam303
Re: NO TAGGING: O RLY??

I'm not quite understanding why the stencil used for the tagging seems to have left the sign white under it... wouldn't the writing still show under it on the part that isn't owl?

Does that make any sense?

Still, gets my vote.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Andy47240 wrote:Maybe they will feel the force from a "Newbie" with no purchases and change that policy!!

I guess I need to work more on my jedi mind tricks.

jbedwar1

Re: Copykat

Yeah obviously he doesn't get the "theme" since he rejected it.
This line of rejections is really pissing me off.

Tolana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tolana
ReneaKat wrote:i guess i'd just like to buy different shirts, not the same shirt tweaked a little bit every time.

Over-generalization strikes again! Seeing as you've purchased shirts, I'm guessing you managed to find some in past derbies that were different. =D Come on, it's one shirt in one derby.

bleirrot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bleirrot
Re: Drip Graffiti

I like the design, but the drips need to look more like drips and less like vertical lines..

jbedwar1

jbedwar1 wrote:Yeah obviously he doesn't get the "theme" since he rejected it.
This line of rejections is really pissing me off.

Hilarious... the derby description even mentions Banksy, yet he doesnt recognize the "theme"

cycletronic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cycletronic
Re: Organic Gra-FEET-e

That poor guy. Where's the snowman who pushed him in?

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Graffiti Life......Have a little fun in the city!

Hey Anthony- How do you make the glow effects in your entry. I like how the 'blades of grass" on the bottom look like they have a sparkle or glow on them, and on the 'coffee beans". (Well, that's what they look like to me. ) How did you achieve that effect? It's cool and gives it a night look.

cycletronic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cycletronic
Re: shroomtastic

Well that stinks. I would certainly consider this to be graffiti... certainly much more than a lot of the others that are still running. Has nobody seen this style of graffiti text?

klswoot

jbedwar1 wrote:Hilarious... the derby description even mentions Banksy, yet he doesnt recognize the "theme"

So the cat was a play on a Banksy design no? I thought it was done in the same style as Patch's rodent entry. Again sorry Hotcha....that's a tough rejection.

lanpartyz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lanpartyz

Please let me know what you think!

heypig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heypig

The At At is stepping on a creature that is squirting up paint from it's mouth. The At At is being squirted with paint - I guess you could say that it's an image about the 'man' trying to keep graffiti artists down. So....Vote! :D

heypig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heypig
heypig wrote:The At At is stepping on a creature that is squirting up paint from its mouth. The At At is being squirted with paint - I guess you could say that it's an image about the 'man' trying to keep graffiti artists down. So....Vote! :D

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
klswoot wrote:Hey Anthony- How do you make the glow effects in your entry. I like how the 'blades of grass" on the bottom look like they have a sparkle or glow on them, and on the 'coffee beans". (Well, that's what they look like to me. ) How did you achieve that effect? It's cool and gives it a night look.

I too want to know...as cool a design as it is it would be a shame to get rejected for minute areas with gradients (because that's the only way I know of to do that).

somethingnu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages somethingnu
Re: Graffeeti

Is this the asphalt tee or the navy blue? I really can't tell from the pictures you submitted.

jamescho84

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamescho84

All this time I thought this was ksteins! ah, awesome work Anthony. I love the red on black which is usually hard to balance right. Love it/gmv

jwrhen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jwrhen
Re: Graffiti wall

I definitely like this one!

Anthony3419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthony3419
Re: Light Graffiti

Dude that sucks

Amach06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Amach06
dekonstruct wrote:This looks really great, it took me a moment to realize she was painting a monster type face, but that's just me bein' dumb. Got my vote.

jejeje, i just noticed that now. What a great drawing. I wish this would get some votes. Why does everone hate white shirts.

Well there is always next year....

klswoot

jamescho84 wrote:All this time I thought this was ksteins! ah, awesome work Anthony. I love the red on black which is usually hard to balance right. Love it/gmv

Thanks James....I guess. Funny thing! My husband thought this was one of mine too! (Same with the gray one from Alvin.)

Artulo- The glow might be done with white stars. If you look at Fable's entry too, she was able to make the text look like it glows. I love that! It really adds dimension.

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
Re: canascope

So - how is this not rejected for being a knockoff of cheese's scopes?

Anthony3419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthony3419

The only way to achieve this effect is to apply a radial gradient individually. I have taken it out and used only the gray color. If this shirt does make it through, I have the new file for submission. It does not look much different without the gradients. I am very proud of this design and would totally be stoked to see you guys wear it!!

jamescho84

Re: The Writing on the Wall

hohoho! there you are, great work as always - tough work trying to make everything in there balance correctly but you nail it every time. I love the graffiti take on this, gmv!

jamescho84

Re: Caught in the act!

awesome work duneboo! really glad to see you back submitting. Great idea, the girl is smokin. GMV

klswoot

jamescho84 wrote:hohoho! there you are, great work as always - tough work trying to make everything in there balance correctly but you nail it every time. I love the graffiti take on this, gmv!

Thanks James! I actually have 5 entries this week, but they all kind of faltered. I really liked the Basquiat one, but apparently only a handful of people agree with me.

jamescho84

Re: My Boy Basquiat - A True Urban Legend

ah, very cool!
just making my rounds, checking out your sigs - I really like this, though I've always known basquiat as really colorful. This works really well with the shirt color, I love how you worked the buildings next to his face. another great piece, gmv!

jamescho84

Re: Vandalized Turtle

poor turtle! woke up to find out he was vandalized at night. Damn those daft punks.
Lovely design, I especially love that dotted line on the left, it makes the centered design look a little more lively. Great work man! gmv.

jwrhen

Like the colors in this one.

jwrhen

superspryte wrote:It's not?

Oh...right.

Zoomed out it might look kind of like bozo, but looking at the actual picture clears it up. I like the colors.

esupin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages esupin

So cuuuute!

jbedwar1

Patchitect wrote:So - how is this not rejected for being a knockoff of cheese's scopes?

here here
Patch we should start our own rejections.

klswoot

jamescho84 wrote:ah, very cool!
just making my rounds, checking out your sigs - I really like this, though I've always known basquiat as really colorful. This works really well with the shirt color, I love how you worked the buildings next to his face. another great piece, gmv!

Thanks James! This was my favorite, but maybe some people don't know Basquiat with the wild hair. I think of him in the Warhol days.

There are a couple other entries that I couldn't fit in my sig...but they aren't doing so hot this round.

iamthom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iamthom
Re: Ancient Beauty

hmm that was kind of the point....

jamescho84

klswoot wrote:Thanks James! This was my favorite, but maybe some people don't know Basquiat with the wild hair. I think of him in the Warhol days.

There are a couple other entries that I couldn't fit in my sig...but they aren't doing so hot this round.

basquiat with the long hair is the only basquiat I know! A pretty short career, but an incredible artist to read about.

I will definitely look out for your other entries! good luck k!