+ Add a Comment

cjupiter


quality posts: 2 Private Messages cjupiter

CES aside... has anyone seen a stranger wearing a Woot shirt, or has someone recognized yours? There have to be enough out there by now for CoWSS (Cult of Woot Shirt Sightings). Share your sightings!

I got a couple comments on Angry Day but it was people asking where I got it. Haven't seen any others yet, but then I live in a rural area where internet access isn't very high on anyone's priority list.

Quality Posts


I even buy the Cr@p that ISN'T random.

wizard7926


quality posts: 4 Private Messages wizard7926

I would've thought there would have been at least one somewhere.. but alas, I haven't yet found one! It could also be that a lot of people are wearing jackets and such these days, even inside malls and stuff where the mass of people creates more probability of finding a Woot shirt..

cjupiter


quality posts: 2 Private Messages cjupiter

Or maybe Wooters don't generally leave their houses... ;-)

You're probably right about the jackets etc. Come warmer weather, I'll be on the lookout when I get to visit civilization now and then.

I even buy the Cr@p that ISN'T random.

eyeslikesugar


quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar

Nope... I was just talking about this today.. as I was wearing my "I've heard of the 70's" shirt today.. and pondered aloud to my boyfriend how cool it would be if a Wooter noticed my Woot. I did see a Threadless shirt once... it was a shirt I thought my boyfriend should get.. the "Evil Cliche Superheroes" one.. she got it from the Threadless physical store; meh.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

razerz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages razerz

I've seen a few here in st. louis, and I bumped into the guy who made http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1672394

allawayr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages allawayr

Today I saw someone wearing Sunset Tree on campus - neato!

vishneda


quality posts: 0 Private Messages vishneda
razerz wrote:I've seen a few here in st. louis, and I bumped into the guy who made http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1672394


That dude is a Toon, right?

nesler


quality posts: 3 Private Messages nesler

I saw a guy on campus in Davis, CA wearing Cho's "When Penguins Bribe Polar Bears" shirt a couple weeks ago.

derekfilley


quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley

I was jamming with a couple of guys in a band and one showed up in decomposition. Apparently he follows the site religiously.


Check out my blog:Here!

psbrett


quality posts: 0 Private Messages psbrett

I would kill to run into people wearing shirts! I think the colder weather isn't helping but perhaps we should have long sleeve shirts too.

I've been trying to build up the popularity at work and with friends. I'm trying to destroy Hawaiian shirt Fridays and replace it with shirt.woot Fridays but it's been slow. Some people love shirts that sold out but don't love the $15 to get them later. Cheap and/or jobless mooks...

But a couple of my friends have some shirts now since I got them: Zombie Season, Cake is a Liar, and Fly the Furry Skies. Some of my coworkers REALLY want to get Fly the Furry Skies shirt (aerospace lab) after having seen it but woot isn't selling it anymore. Too bad for my friends.

wizard7926


quality posts: 4 Private Messages wizard7926
derekfilley wrote:I was jamming with a couple of guys in a band and one showed up in decomposition. Apparently he follows the site religiously.




That's fantastic.

I can't tell you how many compliments I've gotten on Cool Breeze and Aaarrgyle, but still no sightings.. maybe it's because I live in Delaware..

thatrobert


quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
allawayr wrote:Today I saw someone wearing Sunset Tree on campus - neato!



Awesome! I would be flabbergasted to run into someone who has actually bought my shirt. My wife saw someone in "Duct tape man" a few months ago. I have yet to see a Woot shirt in action for myself.

crookshanks824


quality posts: 0 Private Messages crookshanks824

I saw someome wearing the coupon shirt in a grocery store here in Miami

jesusbeard


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jesusbeard

I was thinking about this a couple days ago and I saw a guy wearing chicago skyline in the mall

mer

lukekim91


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lukekim91
derekfilley wrote:I was jamming with a couple of guys in a band and one showed up in decomposition. Apparently he follows the site religiously.



sweet! band status baby...

i was at the getty museum with some girls, and i saw this guy wearing the breakfast topo map. he recognized my pencildelic shirt, but had never heard of decomposition.



just a lil man that loves to draw and look at people's drawings...

jbedwar1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1

still haven't seen anyone in person except my coworker. I got him hooked.
But if i do see one, i'll be introducing myself .... let em know i try to design them from time to time. Maybe i can get a vote out of em if i have shirt in the derby at the time heh

allawayr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages allawayr
thatrobert wrote:Awesome! I would be flabbergasted to run into someone who has actually bought my shirt. My wife saw someone in "Duct tape man" a few months ago. I have yet to see a Woot shirt in action for myself.



Someday... ;)

derekfilley


quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
lukekim91 wrote:sweet! band status baby...

i was at the getty museum with some girls, and i saw this guy wearing the breakfast topo map. he recognized my pencildelic shirt, but had never heard of decomposition.



Unfortunately I had to inform him that decomposition was the shirt that knocked me out of third place ;-)


Check out my blog:Here!

ambergreen


quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen

First shirt.woot sighting this evening. Went out to grab a coffee from a local, non-Starbucks cafe, and the guy at the drive through was wearing BFF (Bear Friends Forever) from Dec 12th. I pointed at him and said "WOOT Shirt!", because I'm essentially an indigenous pigeon... but he was kind, and didn't call me out. I think his shirt selection was appropriate, as he had a bit of a young red-head & beard Grizzly Adams thing going on.

Oh, and the shirt looked really good in person. I may have bought it if I hadn't already spent so much on Christmas.

cymbalmonkey


quality posts: 10 Private Messages cymbalmonkey

Saw a Woot Launch Tee at Costco Toledo a few months back--off-center printing and all. However, being a teenager and the shirt-wearer a woman with her family, I just kind of grinned and kept on walking.

I get oodles of compliments on my Screaming Monkey tee, though not one person's had the joy of gushing over Woot with me =P

I see Threadless shirts literally all the time though.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

goldnndrkness


quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldnndrkness

I saw someone today wearing the Grafeeti shirt but i didnt say anything..looks pretty cool in person, i must say

Have these shirts in WS and are willing to sell? PM please!

Cassette Taps
Best thing since
Alice Paining Caterpillar

primaryism


quality posts: 0 Private Messages primaryism

Two at my school; a graduate student in one of my chem classes was wearing Decomposition (I made sure to Facebook him and LET HIM KNOW I was on to him) and someone working in one of the art galleries on campus was wearing Unhappy Meeting. I ran up to him and unzipped my coat like a freak and I was wearing X Mas is Ribs.

fablefire


quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire

I am picturing you guys totally freaking out in public over woot shirts, and laughing. You're awesome.

fishphotoguy


quality posts: 9 Private Messages fishphotoguy

I've not seen one in person, yet, but I rarely leave the house.

Just spotted "...Scurvy" on an Austin website, Pics from a "Band of Horses" gig a couple weeks ago; http://www.austin360.com/alist/mediahub/media/slideshow/index.jsp?tId=75704

go to pic 9 of 46. also note, guy in the background is gonna be chopped into all my vacation snaps from now on.


klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
fishphotoguy wrote:I've not seen one in person, yet, but I rarely leave the house.

Just spotted "...Scurvy" on an Austin website, Pics from a "Band of Horses" gig a couple weeks ago; http://www.austin360.com/alist/mediahub/media/slideshow/index.jsp?tId=75704

go to pic 9 of 46. also note, guy in the background is gonna be chopped into all my vacation snaps from now on.



COOL! Fable will be very excited about that!

fablefire


quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
klswoot wrote:COOL! Fable will be very excited about that!



Yep, super excited. =D

My physical therapist said she went to a rock climbing facility the other day, and someone was wearing TCTP! She flaunted the "I know the designer" thing, and they were all like "NO WAY!"

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
fablefire wrote:Yep, super excited. =D

My physical therapist said she went to a rock climbing facility the other day, and someone was wearing TCTP! She flaunted the "I know the designer" thing, and they were all like "NO WAY!"



How fun is that? Awesome!

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
thatrobert wrote:Awesome! I would be flabbergasted to run into someone who has actually bought my shirt. My wife saw someone in "Duct tape man" a few months ago. I have yet to see a Woot shirt in action for myself.



That is so cool! Wish I'd seen it.

nardobolo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nardobolo

Actually ran into someone out at the local pub wearing the Five Bucks shirt (in Seattle, too!) while I was wearing my Decomposition.

We both laughed at each other and were glad that we weren't wearing the same shirt, since we both own each shirt

llafren


quality posts: 0 Private Messages llafren

Ran into a guy at the flea market while we were both wearing the launch shirt, we both cracked up, hubby just walked away muttering unkind things about Woot!

"Why take life seriously? You're not going to get out of it alive anyway..."
Acheron Parthenopaeus

guitaryan6969


quality posts: 0 Private Messages guitaryan6969

I smoked a bowl with the lead singer of Rx Bandits and one of the members was wearing a woot shirt...

, , ,

goldnndrkness


quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldnndrkness

*giggles* MY 2ND woot shirt sighting! it was a daily though, not a derby, the brown Owl one, if everyone remembers...

Have these shirts in WS and are willing to sell? PM please!

Cassette Taps
Best thing since
Alice Paining Caterpillar

geekfactor12


quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
goldnndrkness wrote:*giggles* MY 2ND woot shirt sighting! it was a daily though, not a derby, the brown Owl one, if everyone remembers...



This quote freaks me out because I wore that one today, that wuz teh funneh. But unless this sighting happened in a Panda Express, it probably wasn't me ;)

goldnndrkness


quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldnndrkness
geekfactor12 wrote:This quote freaks me out because I wore that one today, that wuz teh funneh. But unless this sighting happened in a Panda Express, it probably wasn't me ;)



The Panda Express was across the street...

Have these shirts in WS and are willing to sell? PM please!

Cassette Taps
Best thing since
Alice Paining Caterpillar

Figit090


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090

I saw one the other day actually, it was the one with the blue plane that left a trail everywhere on the upper part of the shirt. forgot it's name.

now i'll have to buy one and see how many people notice.

jamahu


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamahu

I went to a Caedmon's Call concert last Friday and their guitarist was wearing I'm Gonna Let It Shine. I couldn't get a good picture with my camera, but I found an ok one on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/octolilly/2308604078/

soothedbyrainfall


quality posts: 0 Private Messages soothedbyrainfall
jamahu wrote:I went to a Caedmon's Call concert last Friday and their guitarist was wearing I'm Gonna Let It Shine. I couldn't get a good picture with my camera, but I found an ok one on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/octolilly/2308604078/



*Squee!*


soothedbyrainfall.net

KenSPT


quality posts: 0 Private Messages KenSPT
jamahu wrote:I went to a Caedmon's Call concert last Friday and their guitarist was wearing I'm Gonna Let It Shine. I couldn't get a good picture with my camera, but I found an ok one on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/octolilly/2308604078/



Not to be a big pr!ck, but that shirt still looks like nothing but a red box ...

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
KenSPT wrote:Not to be a big pr!ck, but that shirt still looks like nothing but a red box ...



Yes. But now it's a recognizable 'red box'. Soothed...pretty cool that it's been seen in public by another wooter. I do wish the 3D effect was more pronounced, but the candle turned out great! I wore mine the other day.

soothedbyrainfall


quality posts: 0 Private Messages soothedbyrainfall
KenSPT wrote:Not to be a big pr!ck, but that shirt still looks like nothing but a red box ...



Uh..too late. I think EVERYBODY got your point after you made that statement for the 37th time...so now yeah, it does kinda make you a jerk. Leave it alone already will ya?

klswoot wrote:Yes. But now it's a recognizable 'red box'. Soothed...pretty cool that it's been seen in public by another wooter. I do wish the 3D effect was more pronounced, but the candle turned out great! I wore mine the other day.



Thanks again Kristen I agree the shirt was a disappointment so I am doing my darndest to come up with something better and most importantly printable!

soothedbyrainfall.net