cjupiter


quality posts: 2 Private Messages cjupiter
BootsBoots wrote:If you're ever in Williamsport on a Monday night, and happen to make it to The Valley Inn in Southside, be sure to wear a woot. It will make my night.



Ack! I was just there tonight! (but not at the Valley Inn.) We ran up to the strip for dinner after shopping. I was wearing Chucknorium. Didn't see any other wootshirts. :-(

I even buy the Cr@p that ISN'T random.

DianaSprinkle


quality posts: 162 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

Tonight at the Scott Pilgrim midnight release party I saw both "Music is Life" and "Listen to your Conscience" being worn by dudes. Not the same dude, that would have been weird. Also some one recognized my Threadless shirt "We've got some work to do now". =D

endangeredomega


quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

Saw a guy wearing "Octospelled" on my morning walk to work - corner of 5th Ave. & 20th.

PFCBENJI


quality posts: 0 Private Messages PFCBENJI

I went to the Penny Arcade Expo East a few months ago and there where tons of people wearing Woot Shirts. Like i seen people with "Its A Trap" "Spicy Italian Meatball" and others i can't really remember.

bongosolo


quality posts: 11 Private Messages bongosolo

I saw "It's a Trap" on a guy in my local pizza place. But I'm a dude and he is a dude and I thought it a little unmanly to ask about his shirt.

Toadlet


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Toadlet

It's time once again for my annual Comic-Con sightings post. I'll update throughout the weekend.

Prior years: 2008, 2009

I Wore:

  • Wednesday: It Came Out Of Nowhere
  • Thursday: Honey Wait!!
  • Friday: You Have to Try This Guys
  • Saturday: Onward Robots!
  • Sunday: Spicy Italian Meatball

I Saw:

  • Wednesday: Meme Machine, Quite Good, Mr. Spork, Chucknorium, Exclamation Print (green)
  • Thursday: Fat Unicorn, It's A Trap, Escape The City, Mr. Lincoln, Exclamation Print (blue), Portrait of a Legend: The Mythical Yeticorn, Finding Technicolor, Nighttime, The Binge, Teamwork, School, @-@, Hospitality!
  • Friday: @-@, Faster Higher Stronger Aimier, Campfire Tales, Gummistone Park, Life In The City, Quite Good, Console General, Bunnies Forever, Escape The City, It's A Trap
  • Saturday: Console General, It Came Out Of Nowhere, Donut Panic, Sacre Bleu!, When Asteroids Strike, The Epic Begins, A Forbidden Love
  • Sunday: The Epic Begins, Energy Harvester

Game Over. Did you spot me?

I appear to be melting.

deltax20a


quality posts: 1 Private Messages deltax20a

I'd be curious to see if anyone has ever spotted me, I've been buying/wearing shirts since 07 here in central CT. My entire closet is Woot shirts now, it's kinda crazy.

I am even wearing Risky Business in my avatar. With a kitten!

spilzer


quality posts: 121 Private Messages spilzer

Saw two this past weekend at the Lowell Folk Festival.

First one was Life in the City, which I saw on a guy as he was walking by on the street.

The other was Campfire Tales, which I spotted on a guy in the audience at the stage where I was working.

I only got a chance to talk to the second guy, but we had a nice little exchange about how Shirt.Woot has really cool shirts. It wasn't exactly a "Boss shirt, Boss" moment, but it was close enough .



goneferal


quality posts: 19 Private Messages goneferal
Toadlet wrote:It's time once again for my annual Comic-Con sightings post. I'll update throughout the weekend.


That was fun. Thanks.

azkitch


quality posts: 0 Private Messages azkitch

2 hours after I first saw "It Came Out Of Nowhere" in Reckoning, I was still raving about it to myself--and any friends that would listen! I popped into a used bookstore nearby, and the clerk was wearing one! I took that as an omen, went home and ordered it. It's now my FB avatar.
I saw a clever shirt at Sam's Club day before yesterday, asked the woman if it was a woot shirt, got an affirmative reply. I just don't remember which shirt it was.

laurafoy


quality posts: 3 Private Messages laurafoy

Spotted at Maker Faire Detroit: Villainous Victorian Velociraptor (which I was also sporting), Imposter and Goldfish of Doom!

I spoke to the people wearing Velociraptor and Goldfish of Doom, but didn't get a chance to speak to the guy in Imposter. It's probably just as well, he slapped his thigh to call his girlfriend over like she was a dog :-S

jrs1980


quality posts: 31 Private Messages jrs1980
Toadlet wrote:It's time once again for my annual Comic-Con sightings post. I'll update throughout the weekend.

Prior years: 2008, 2009

I Wore:
  • Wednesday: It Came Out Of Nowhere
  • Thursday: Honey Wait!!
  • Friday: You Have to Try This Guys
  • Saturday: Onward Robots!
  • Sunday: Spicy Italian Meatball


Game Over. Did you spot me?



I did not spot you, and you did not spot me.

I wore:
Wednesday: (Vikings t-shirt)
Thursday: (Can't Stop the Serenity '08)
Friday: Fat Unicorn
Saturday: Zombie Season (my first shirt.woot, aw)
Sunday: Zombie Vampire Robots From Space
Monday: The Madness of Miss Stereo

I flew out Monday. I also packed Class Time Used Effectively, but obviously I ran out of days.

I was wearing Zombie Hunting when I spotted and got a pic with and autograph from Joss freakin' Whedon, so that is officially my new lucky shirt.

Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

BootsBoots


quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
cjupiter wrote:Ack! I was just there tonight! (but not at the Valley Inn.) We ran up to the strip for dinner after shopping. I was wearing Chucknorium. Didn't see any other wootshirts. :-(



Dammit! It could have been my first sighting. If only I had needed to go to K-Mart that day.


jabberjaws13


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13

While standing in line at Hot Doug's in Chicago for two friggen hours, I saw Easy Optimism, You Are a Pirate! and The Greasy Grasp of God. I of course was wearing Splorch, because what could be better when waiting in line for hot dogs?

Also, anyone who hasn't been to Hot Doug's, 100% worth the wait (with a backpack of beers).

Happy Beer.

goldenthorn


quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

jabberjaws13 wrote:While standing in line at Hot Doug's in Chicago for two friggen hours, I saw Easy Optimism, You Are a Pirate! and The Greasy Grasp of God. I of course was wearing Splorch, because what could be better when waiting in line for hot dogs?

Also, anyone who hasn't been to Hot Doug's, 100% worth the wait (with a backpack of beers).



Hot Doug's is served for lunch on Fridays in Valhalla, it's so good. FACT.
Heh, my first-ever shirt sighting was while standing in line at Hot Doug's. It was Easy Optimism, too.

jabberjaws13


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
goldenthorn wrote:Hot Doug's is served for lunch on Fridays in Valhalla, it's so good. FACT.
Heh, my first-ever shirt sighting was while standing in line at Hot Doug's. It was Easy Optimism, too.



I'm confused. Isn't Valhalla a restaurant? Do you mean employees get it for lunch on Friday? Or that Hot Doug's replacing the normal menu / in addition to?

edit: I mean isn't Valhalla a sushi restaurant?

Happy Beer.

goldenthorn


quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

jabberjaws13 wrote:I'm confused. Isn't Valhalla a restaurant? Do you mean employees get it for lunch on Friday? Or that Hot Doug's replacing the normal menu / in addition to?

edit: I mean isn't Valhalla a sushi restaurant?



heh...
uhhh...
Valhalla.
((Aww, hells, I haven't had enough coffee. My writing skills are not to be held against me: hot doug's-->so good-->fit for the gods-->in valhalla, because those are badass gods who know good meats-->for lunch because it isn't heavy enough for dinner-->on fridays because DUCK FAT FRIES!))

jabberjaws13


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
goldenthorn wrote:heh...
uhhh...
Valhalla.
((Aww, hells, I haven't had enough coffee. My writing skills are not to be held against me: hot doug's-->so good-->fit for the gods-->in valhalla, because those are badass gods who know good meats-->for lunch because it isn't heavy enough for dinner-->on fridays because DUCK FAT FRIES!))



i'm dum.........b. (the b is not silent.)

Happy Beer.

SailorButterfly


quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly

I was at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville, AL this weekend and passed by someone wearing 2gether3ever.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

Toadlet


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Toadlet
Toadlet wrote:Game Over. Did you spot me?


jrs1980 wrote:I did not spot you, and you did not spot me.


That seemed to be a common theme last year too. Also, after so many shirts, and some artists sharing their recognizable styles on other shirt sites, it's getting increasingly hard to identify shirts as shirt.woot prints. I was writing descriptions of the shirts in my Comic-Con schedule to check on the website later, like " rabbits" for "Bunnies Forever".

I appear to be melting.

Spiritgreen


quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen

'Think of the Children' sighting on Gamer Grrlz, at a Dragon Quest IX event!

Article w/photos

And the writer was wearing TYH's rainbow shirt. :^)

hollygreen


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hollygreen
Spiritgreen wrote:'Think of the Children' sighting on Gamer Grrlz, at a Dragon Quest IX event!

Article w/photos

And the writer was wearing TYH's rainbow shirt. :^)



Heh actually that was Scarlet Pirate, from Gamer Grrlz, whereas I'm typically known as GG herself . She's pretty awesome tho, eh?

Spiritgreen


quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Oh, hey Holly! Great site! ^__^

hollygreen


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hollygreen
Spiritgreen wrote:Oh, hey Holly! Great site! ^__^



Thank you! I post Shirt Woot shirts on there from time to time, seen some really good stuff! Maybe it's time I finally bought one for myself

DianaSprinkle


quality posts: 162 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Toadlet wrote:It's time once again for my annual Comic-Con sightings post. I'll update throughout the weekend.

Bunnies Forever



This was probably me as I don't recall seeing anyone else wearing it. =D Waves!

I wish I had kept track of the shirts I spotted as well, there were a ton. I did see a few Schrodinger's Cat shirts.

BootsBoots


quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
Spiritgreen wrote:'Think of the Children' sighting on Gamer Grrlz, at a Dragon Quest IX event!

Article w/photos

And the writer was wearing TYH's rainbow shirt. :^)



Awesome. I love seeing my shirt at neat places. It leads a much more interesting life than I do.


jabberjaws13


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
goldenthorn wrote:heh...
uhhh...
Valhalla.
((Aww, hells, I haven't had enough coffee. My writing skills are not to be held against me: hot doug's-->so good-->fit for the gods-->in valhalla, because those are badass gods who know good meats-->for lunch because it isn't heavy enough for dinner-->on fridays because DUCK FAT FRIES!))



Speak of the devil... Valhalla Plumbing...



Happy Beer.

bassanimation


quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Saw a fellow artist at a small show this weekend wearing Villainous Velociraptor. Also got to meet some fellow Woot people, very cool!

Markw00t


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Markw00t
laurafoy wrote:Spotted at Maker Faire Detroit: Villainous Victorian Velociraptor (which I was also sporting), Imposter and Goldfish of Doom!

I spoke to the people wearing Velociraptor and Goldfish of Doom, but didn't get a chance to speak to the guy in Imposter. It's probably just as well, he slapped his thigh to call his girlfriend over like she was a dog :-S



I was there Saturday afternoon rockin a how fire extinguishers work. I felt it was appropriate given the theme of the event. Bummed I missed the menthos and coke presentation though

spilzer


quality posts: 121 Private Messages spilzer

I saw TaMoko Kiwi while traveling in Guatemala. The guy was on my tourist shuttle from Panajachel to Antigua, but I was too shy to say anything to him. The shirt looked really great though.

It was cool to have a Woot sighting in another country!



endangeredomega


quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

Saw a guy wearing "School" this evening at about quarter of six, near the intersection of 23rd st and 6th ave.

I was pretty inconspicuous in my work clothes, so opted to follow the "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" rule.

tomoka0013


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomoka0013

I work at a grocery store, and one of my customers had the cutest shirt on, which she said she got from shirt woot, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. It was a dinosaur playing baseball with a comet/meteor/asteroid w/e you wanna call it. Anyone know the one I'm talking about, I love it and want to some how get my hands on it.

CapSea


quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
endangeredomega wrote:Saw a guy wearing "School" this evening at about quarter of six, near the intersection of 23rd st and 6th ave.

I was pretty inconspicuous in my work clothes, so opted to follow the "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" rule.



I see you are remaining inconspicuous by keeping out the city, state, country that this occurred.

endangeredomega


quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
CapSea wrote:I see you are remaining inconspicuous by keeping out the city, state, country that this occurred.



I apologize. This sighting, as most of my others, took place in NYC.

endangeredomega


quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
tomoka0013 wrote:I work at a grocery store, and one of my customers had the cutest shirt on, which she said she got from shirt woot, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. It was a dinosaur playing baseball with a comet/meteor/asteroid w/e you wanna call it. Anyone know the one I'm talking about, I love it and want to some how get my hands on it.




I believe you're probably referring to fablefire's "Sudden Death".

http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=7040

It was reckoned some time ago, so your only chance of finding it is probably via teetrade.

goldenthorn


quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

I was at State and Ontario (Chicago) yesterday afternoon and saw a guy passing with Zombie Vampire Robots From Space on. While sitting outside for a late lunch, a guy wearing Octspelled stopped pretty much in front of us to check the menu. My mother was having quite the laugh over my excitement at seeing woot shirts in the downtown wild and my indecision over whether or not to shout out "woot shirt!"

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

goldenthorn wrote:I was at State and Ontario (Chicago) yesterday afternoon and saw a guy passing with Zombie Vampire Robots From Space on. While sitting outside for a late lunch, a guy wearing Octspelled stopped pretty much in front of us to check the menu. My mother was having quite the laugh over my excitement at seeing woot shirts in the downtown wild and my indecision over whether or not to shout out "woot shirt!"




No, you don't yell woot shirt, you yell "Boss shirt, Boss" To which the shirt wearer is suppose to say "I know"

But the two times I saw a woot shirt on a stranger, I yelled Woot Shirt!


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
dontwantaname wrote:No, you don't yell woot shirt, you yell "Boss shirt, Boss" To which the shirt wearer is suppose to say "I know"

But the two times I saw a woot shirt on a stranger, I yelled Woot Shirt!



I have never been identified as being in a woot shirt by anyone but friends (unless you count the woman who identified my woot shirt while at a party held by my friends), but I can categorically say that the easiest way for me to ignore someone completely would be by summoning me with a "boss shirt, boss!" That's sort of on the embarrassing catcall level with "holla, what's crackalackin?"

goldenthorn


quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

dontwantaname wrote:No, you don't yell woot shirt, you yell "Boss shirt, Boss" To which the shirt wearer is suppose to say "I know"

But the two times I saw a woot shirt on a stranger, I yelled Woot Shirt!



I have employed "boss shirt, boss" twice, and on both occasions felt like the biggest spoon (more so than usual, yeah) when the person to whom I said it just stared at me blankly. "Woot shirt," while still awkward, is much simpler than my preferred "hark unto me, good sir/madam! Do my eyes deceive me or art thou truly clothed in a closèd blouse of Wootish provenance?"

Toadlet


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Toadlet
goldenthorn wrote:


Also, I saw X-treme National Park last Saturday at the San Diego Wild Animal Park. But not in the parking lot, that would have been an x-treme amount of park.

I appear to be melting.